Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:58:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashCoins - Blockchain technologies that work  (Read 331143 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

HashCoins has been 1.5 years on the market, and this thread has 17.5/18 pages of comments by strange people who still don't believe the mere existence of this company. However, this hasn't influenced the speed of the company's progress. Just like one year ago - we were, are and will be shipping mining hardware. Building rapport with every single member, be it a hero or a legendary - I don't see any reason for that.

1.5 years on the market yet only noobs with no history have purchased from you?

Have you considered trying to make your company NOT look like a scam? That might help sales.

We are sending the miners for dogie according to availability and order schedule. We deem orders as the most important in our business. However, dogie is indeed a famous and reputable member, that is performing an important task: puts together an objective point of view on the equipment on the market.

So you didn't think it might be "most important for business" to give dogie your super advanced/technologically superior hardware?

What makes you think giving him your unimpressive/rebranded hardware is good for business?

Regarding the posted screenshot, I will not be able to explain at this time why the values do not coincide, it may be the drivers, the board, cgminer... I will be asking our programmers. However, may I point out that no customers had any complaints to this day. Noone is planning to delete the screenshot, it shows what we have achieved.

Strange that you wont take Mr. Teals 100 btc bet. That's 100 btc for free and all you have to do is ship a single zues board.

I've given you a negative trust rating until you can prove this isn't an elaborate scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:22:51 PM

+1 to this.

Totally agree.

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
hashcoins (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:01:44 PM

Firstly, we are not obliged to prove absolutely anything to you personally. Secondly, you devalue our name and image. And thirdly, if you deem you have superior privileges and rights to disgrase our company publicly, then you should firstly get an official response from us about your claims.

Our company does not involve itself in betting - it is immoral. Please, MrTeal, jimmothy and IYFTech, publish your real names (yes, the same ones that are written in your passports) in this thread and send a scan or photocopy of you ID to info@hashcoins.com, and I am the one who is personally going to show you how our board works, in the court of law. And it may be too late to feel bitter whilst looking at the amount of the claim that you will be charged for defamation, false information and insinuation, which discredited the name of my company. If this request is not followed, then I will no longer respond to any of your claims.

Regards,
Sergei Potapenko.

PS! I'm not going to send boards or prove something to any user at his/her request. Especially when put in conditions including, but not limited to, blackmailing, frightening and putting negative trust in advance and just because. The fact that your status reads "hero" or "legendary" - to me just says that you have a lot of free time and you sit on the forum for a long time and write a lot. But in fact - I do not even know who each of you are! I understand... The Internet, anonymity, etc. But you defame the real name of a real company, and my name in particular. So I repeat: putting forward these claims, insulting, and already having discredited our name in advance, I did not think it necessary to prove you anything. We do not negotiate with blackmailing instigators.
jimmothy

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:08:04 PM

Firstly, we are not obliged to prove absolutely anything to you personally. Secondly, you devalue our name and image. And thirdly, if you deem you have superior privileges and rights to disgrase our company publicly, then you should firstly get an official response from us about your claims.

Our company does not involve itself in betting - it is immoral. Please, MrTeal, jimmothy and IYFTech, publish your real names (yes, the same ones that are written in your passports) in this thread and send a scan or photocopy of you ID to info@hashcoins.com, and I am the one who is personally going to show you how our board works, in the court of law. And it may be too late to feel bitter whilst looking at the amount of the claim that you will be charged for defamation, false information and insinuation, which discredited the name of my company. If this request is not followed, then I will no longer respond to any of your claims.

Regards,
Sergei Potapenko.

PS! I'm not going to send boards or prove something to any user at his/her request. Especially when put in conditions including, but not limited to, blackmailing, frightening and putting negative trust in advance and just because. The fact that your status reads "hero" or "legendary" - to me just says that you have a lot of free time and you sit on the forum for a long time and write a lot. But in fact - I do not even know who each of you are! I understand... The Internet, anonymity, etc. But you defame the real name of a real company, and my name in particular. So I repeat: putting forward these claims, insulting, and already having discredited our name in advance, I did not think it necessary to prove you anything. We do not negotiate with blackmailing instigators.

In the US, to sue someone for defamation/libel there are two very clear requirements:

1. You must prove the statements being made were false (you can probably do this by just providing one of your magical zues boards)

2. You must prove actual malice (good luck with this one)

You've basically just admitted that there's no way for us to know whether our statements are false until you're already in court suing us.

And no, I won't be handing over any personal info to likely scammers.
n00ber

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:20:55 PM

Regards,
Sergei Potapenko.

+1 to this.

Totally agree.

In the US, to sue someone for defamation/libel there are two very clear requirements:

1. You must prove the statements being made were false (you can probably do this by just providing one of your magical zues boards)

2. You must prove actual malice (good luck with this one)

You've basically just admitted that there's no way for us to know whether our statements are false until you're already in court suing us.

And no, I won't be handing over any personal info to likely scammers.

Blah Blah Blah

jimmothy

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:40:06 PM

Blah Blah Blah

It's interesting that you've got hundreds of posts, mostly spam in the off topic/other sections, up until the point that 100% of your posts are supporting/defending hashcoins.

I'm not saying you're definitely a shill, but most likely.
n00ber

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:56:59 PM

Blah Blah Blah

It's interesting that you've got hundreds of posts, mostly spam in the off topic/other sections, up until the point that 100% of your posts are supporting/defending hashcoins.

I'm not saying you're definitely a shill, but most likely.

I am a loyal customer and I have their miners.

'shill' I can say the same thing about you 

jimmothy

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:27:13 PM

I am a loyal customer and I have their miners.

You're so loyal you support frivolous lawsuits, fake cgminer stats, and refusing to prove their super advanced hardware actually exists?

Normally when a company invents something unbelievably technologically superior, they send it to trusted 3rd parties for verification before starting sales. Why is Hashcoins only sending their unimpressive/rebranded hardware to trusted 3rd parties (dogie)?

Do you really think a company would NOT accept 100 BTC just to prove their hardware is real?

Either they are scammers, or they hate money/sales.

'shill' I can say the same thing about you 

Shill for who?

You might notice I actually participate in discussions, unlike 99% of your one-liner posts.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 09:34:04 PM

Irrespective of the rest of the discussion, when the publicly known author of cgminer as the person who wrote the software and driver you're allegedly using says that your screenshot is impossible, the community is in their right to call your claims a scam and you should provide an explanation or provide a public apology and retract your claims.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:52:02 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 10:03:24 PM by Syke

Firstly, we are not obliged to prove absolutely anything to you personally.

Acutally, you should. You are asking people to send money to you first, and to trust you that you will deliver later. You are the one asking for trust, yet unwilling to provide it. You are in the wrong.

Send me 1 "Zeus v3 Miner", and if it meets specs, then I will pay you for it.

Buy & Hold
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 09:52:23 PM

Irrespective of the rest of the discussion, when the publicly known author of cgminer as the person who wrote the software and driver you're allegedly using says that your screenshot is impossible, the community is in their right to call your claims a scam and you should provide an explanation or provide a public apology and retract your claims.

Is it not possible there is a third scenario, that the software is undoctered, but still behaving in a fashion that you didn't expect it to?

IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:56:56 PM

No dogie  Roll Eyes

Absolutely this.

I held off giving Hashcoins a neg-rep in the hope that they would provide proof of their claims, but instead I get a lame legal threat..... Roll Eyes

Neg-Rep'd for full frontal bullshitting as well as doctored pictures & fake claims.

Good luck with your legal bluff..... Cheesy

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
jimmothy

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:59:31 PM

Send me 1 "Apollo v3 Miner", and if it meets specs, then I will pay you for it.

The apollo is actually their unimpressive miner (550 gh/s per chip at 0.9w/gh) so there's a good chance you would be paying for it.

The unbelievable miner is the zeus v3 which is 900 gh/s per chip at 0.65 w/gh.
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:03:06 PM

Send me 1 "Apollo v3 Miner", and if it meets specs, then I will pay you for it.

The apollo is actually their unimpressive miner (550 gh/s per chip at 0.9w/gh) so there's a good chance you would be paying for it.

The unbelievable miner is the zeus v3 which is 900 gh/s per chip at 0.65 w/gh.

Yes, you are correct, that was the one I meant. I will edit my earlier post.

Buy & Hold
hashcoins (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:11:29 PM

We publicly apologize for the fact that we have an unresolved issue with WU values in combination of our board and the cgminer. Our developers are dealing with this issue. We changed components on the board leaving cgminer and the driver unchanged since it functions well at that. In fact, all equipment we have shipped came with cgminer based web interface.
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:20:59 PM

We publicly apologize for the fact that we have an unresolved issue with WU values in combination of our board and the cgminer. Our developers are dealing with this issue. We changed components on the board leaving cgminer and the driver unchanged since it functions well at that. In fact, all equipment we have shipped came with cgminer based web interface.

Where is the source code for the exact version of cgminer you used? If you or anyone else has a raspberry pi for one of these miners who can create a raw disk(dd style) image file I would like to take a look at it.

Mining Software Developer.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:29:33 PM

Regards,
Sergei Potapenko.

Betting is probably a poor term for it, since there's no random chance. This isn't dice or a sports book, I am saying your claims are impossible and I'm willing to back my opinion with BTC100. Obviously you aren't willing to do the same.

First, I never said you were obligated to send anything to me personally. If you accepted my wager I said I would buy a board from you, for an extremely high price. If you believe your claims, it should be a no brainer.
Second, you devalued your own name when you went from being a seemingly legit manufacturer of hardware based on other people's boards, to just making up impossible specs and faking "proof" of them.
Third, I did get an official response from your company before I posted negative feedback. That official response was handwaving about a magic board and a faked cgminer screenshot.

Please explain how anyone is blackmailing you for anything. You sidestepping around the issue doesn't change the fact the only proof you can provide of your magic miner is a faked cgminer screenshot.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 12:11:59 AM

Second, you devalued your own name when you went from being a seemingly legit manufacturer of hardware based on other people's boards, to just making up impossible specs and faking "proof" of them.
Third, I did get an official response from your company before I posted negative feedback. That official response was handwaving about a magic board and a faked cgminer screenshot.

Allegedly falsified. What would you do to make it right if its not faked?

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:24:49 AM

We publicly apologize for the fact that we have an unresolved issue with WU values in combination of our board and the cgminer were caught faking a screenshot. Our developers are dealing with this issue photoshopping a new screenshot.

FTFY.

Buy & Hold
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:42:42 AM

I was a fan hoping the Zeus would be real and be decently priced.  I just like hardware.   Can you go into more detail on what the issue such as what infact caused the numbers to look better then it was?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: