Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:11:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have Edit history feature at all?  (Read 177 times)
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:39:33 PM

I was wondering if the Mods has edit history feature? if yes, then wouldn't it be nice to make it available to members as well?

Recently I'm dealing with a member who opened a topic against me on the Scam Accusations section because s/he is simply mad at me. The guy edits his OP and responses through out the topic too much without mentioning.
Latest archival of post number #1 #2 #12 #14 #18. The user edits his posts too much time with already answered posts. The added contents on the same post then get missed easily to be answered.

We learn from experiences. I never had this experience so, never thought about a feature like this would be in need. I guess in general, an edit history feature (like Facebook) would help the readers to clear their head with all the edited steps in serious cases.

Archive.is helps but it's not actually enough IMO. You are pretty much lost when it comes to too many edits.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:49:30 PM
Merited by mprep (1)

I believe admins are the only ones to have access to the edit history of a post, and I believe it's not as easy as it sounds to look at. Moderators can't see the edit history AFAIK, and implementing something like this would only be useful in certain scenarios where other times it will just be useless. I get annoyed when people on Reddit edit their post, and state "edit: a word".

Can admins see editing history of a post?

Yes, though it's a bit of a hassle.

There's currently no history of profile fields, though, so you definitely can't rely on your signature or anything like that.
pkmoney

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

Mods can see the edit history.

Can admins see editing history of a post?

Yes, though it's a bit of a hassle.

There is a thread from which you may have some more info- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2253518.0

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:58:38 PM

Great. I have my answers now. I searched for it but did not find any related topic. I should have used "Editing history" instead of "Edit history". Thanks you Welsh and pkmoney. I am going to lock the topic.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: