Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:22:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin futures market manipulation  (Read 394 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:30:47 AM

So, let's say "What if" they were the reason for the huge spike last year? They know Bitcoin futures could be manipulated and they needed coins to do that. So they started to buy coins before the price increased to a ATH.

I have always believed that if there weren't any future markets going live, we wouldn't be anywhere near the all time high levels of last year. It's impossible to exactly point out what the main reason behind it was, because it could be traders anticipating on institutions entering the Bitcoin space, which is reason enough to cause a massive bull run, or it was indeed an institutional lead high to massively short Bitcoin afterwards. For that reason I am curious to find out what the long-short ratio was at the time of opening.

Is there anyone with log information covering that subject and within that specific time frame? I have tried looking it up but couldn't find anything useful.

In the end these futures might as well be a gimmick for the time being, but the external uses are quite beneficial. Miners for example could just set up a contract with buyers that at whatever point in time the buyer will buy X number of Bitcoins at Y price, which ensures the miner to have a steady income even when the market absolutely tanks. In the non crypto world regular farmers use futures to sell their products at the rates that are worthwhile for them, and I don't see why miners won't be doing this as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rrotess

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:40:13 AM

This is a great explanation of how the mechanism of futures trading. But I think that you're oversimplifying the situation. The price at which people are signing the contract this is just the trend. What will happen if in this moment there will be some event which will have a significant impact on the price? For example will address the issue of scalability. The price increase will be impossible to stop any emissions of coins on the market. Therefore, everything in this world is relative.
Thia question thinks me about how really bitcoins works and the consistency of bitcoin in market place . I believe some with higher positions manipulate bitcoin and kept it until the bitcoin price in the market will soar up .
NewRanger

Activity: 1526
Merit: 333

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:47:42 AM

This is a great explanation of how the mechanism of futures trading. But I think that you're oversimplifying the situation. The price at which people are signing the contract this is just the trend. What will happen if in this moment there will be some event which will have a significant impact on the price? For example will address the issue of scalability. The price increase will be impossible to stop any emissions of coins on the market. Therefore, everything in this world is relative.
Thia question thinks me about how really bitcoins works and the consistency of bitcoin in market place . I believe some with higher positions manipulate bitcoin and kept it until the bitcoin price in the market will soar up .
large finance institution usually do that manipulation.they have much money that able to move market volatilite in order to get much profit.meanwhile only can see market down.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: