Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Java + Processing.org project: 3D site & building visualization  (Read 3174 times)
old_engineer (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:30:03 AM

What I'm looking for is Java code that uses Processing.org to display a set of floor maps to create a 3D building view like this:
https://sheilapontis.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/45-sbm2.gif

There are database tables which store the offsets between each map and the building origin (note that not all floors have the same floorplan in the above example image), as well as offsets between the site origin (0,0) location and each building origin.  There's also an orientation field in the database since not all maps have the same orientation for "north".  No need to integrate with the database, just populate a few objects with data for development and I'll take care of integration with database.

But the challenging part is that I also want to be able to explore the map by being able to pan or rotate the view in all relevant dimensions, zoom in and out, as well as display multiple buildings in a site-wide display.  Finally, I want to be able to draw an arbitrary number of lines between any map's XY coordinate, and any other map XY coordinate, in any desired line color.

Send me a bid and a well-documented code sample (I'm a stickler for comments), and let's talk.  Paid in bitcoins, of course, with the amount be agreed on in advance, or determined by exchange rate at the end of the project, your choice.  Should be a fun project, perfect work for the college student looking for a bit of extra coinage.  I'd do it but I'm swamped with other work, so I thought I'd offer it to my fellow bitcoiners.

more about Processing within Java:
http://www.friendsofed.com/extras/159059617X/Integrating-Processing-Within-Java.pdf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
old_engineer (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:37:02 AM

Also, finding and using a library that can do the bulk of the work for panning, rotating, and zooming of the display is the preferred solution, rather than writing the whole thing from scratch.  It'll be more reliable that way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: