Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:28:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Contributors-only forum.  (Read 10209 times)
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:03:28 PM

How can I check that the account somebody points to actually belongs to the email they are trying to register with?

Also, the "power limit" is not a very reliable measurement. Difficulty changes all the time. And since I am not a miner, I can't define what limit should be appropriate to be considered a valuable contribution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex Zee (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 08:15:18 PM

I am not sure what your clip exactly refers to...

Should I read it as "you are so dumb!" or "you don't know a thing about mining" or "allowing miners creates rather complicated problems"?

Personally, I am not even sure why would miners want to share a forum with, for example, merchants.
Do you think there is a big overlap in the areas of interest for those two groups?

BTC Monitor - systray price ticker
RipTalk.org - new Ripple forum
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:50:27 PM

Should I read it as "you are so dumb!" or "you don't know a thing about mining" or "allowing miners creates rather complicated problems"?

Personally, I am not even sure why would miners want to share a forum with, for example, merchants.
Do you think there is a big overlap in the areas of interest for those two groups?

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Alex Zee (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 08:55:24 PM

I bow for your wisdom, Otoh. Now I see everything with such clarity! You re-posting that clip made me realize how wrong I was and how to solve all the Bitcoin problems... Wait, it's fading... fading... Could you re-post it again please?

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:04:54 PM

I bow for your wisdom, Otoh. Now I see everything with such clarity! You re-posting that clip made me realize how wrong I was and how to solve all the Bitcoin problems... Wait, it's fading... fading... Could you re-post it again please?

np

Alex Zee (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 09:15:54 PM

Now tell me, Otoh, honestly, how old are you?

I mean, physically.

I know how old you are mentally, so I just want to see the discrepancy.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 09:16:19 PM

Just charge people 1 BTC to join, and 0.01BTC to post. Problem solved.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:56:55 PM

That clip probably was posted because of your dumb question on how to verify if someone owns an email address...
Maybe send them a verification link to the email that they need to click to verify thyat they indeed control the address...
It's really a facepalm question, and if you didn't knew the answer to it you really shouldn't be running any kind of website where people need to register and verify shit...
Alex Zee (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 10:00:20 PM

That clip probably was posted because of your dumb question on how to verify if someone owns an email address...
Maybe send them a verification link to the email that they need to click to verify thyat they indeed control the address...
It's really a facepalm question, and if you didn't knew the answer to it you really shouldn't be running any kind of website where people need to register and verify shit...

If you'd actually took a minute to read the words, you would realize that I asked how I can verify that somebody used the same email to register in the pool as they are using to register on the forum. Do pools show emails openly?

So before you go around calling people "dumb" and telling them what they should and should not do, maybe you want to take some reading lessons.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:31:53 PM

If you'd actually took a minute to read the words, you would realize that I asked how I can verify that somebody used the same email to register in the pool as they are using to register on the forum. Do pools show emails openly?

So before you go around calling people "dumb" and telling them what they should and should not do, maybe you want to take some reading lessons.

and you should take some anger management lessons...
Alex Zee (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 10:46:34 PM

Why? I am not angry. I am not the one who suddenly jumps into the middle of conversation and starts bashing people based on a single sentence taken out of context. Good job, mate!

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 11:19:24 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2011, 11:29:49 PM by psy

Why? I am not angry. I am not the one who suddenly jumps into the middle of conversation and starts bashing people based on a single sentence taken out of context. Good job, mate!

I didn't say it was because of your answer to me that you needed anger management lessons, but if you feel entitled to tell me that i should take reading lessons I can also start giving you advice about what kind of lessons you should take.
Now i guess you can also have some compreension lessons together with those anger management ones.

PS: I'm not your mate and I didn't said you were dumb i said it was a dumb question, which is different. I also wasn't the one to tell people to go fuck themselves in this thread...
Alex Zee (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 08:21:21 AM

but if you feel entitled to tell me that i should take reading lessons...

Yes, I do. When people say something like:

based on the fact that they didn't bother to read.

You basically accused me of being too dumb to even understand how to verify an email address. And you felt entitled to tell me what I should and should not be running.

That was a dumb statement.

And that, of course, is entirely different from calling you dumb Smiley

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 09:54:34 PM

Now tell me, Otoh, honestly, how old are you?

I mean, physically.

I know how old you are mentally, so I just want to see the discrepancy.

Alex Zee (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 04:55:52 PM

The Contributors Forum now acts as an OpenID provider, so if you have an account there you can use it to login into any site that supports OpenID 2.0.

More info:

http://forum.qbizy.com/general-discussion/the-forum-is-an-openid-provider-now/

If your have a Bitcoin service that supports OpenID - please post the link here and I will test logging in.

USBitcoinServices.Com

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 11:23:20 PM

Any new bounties?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: