Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:52:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A idea for the children.  (Read 894 times)
Mysticsam_3579 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:11:23 PM

Hi everyone

I have been thinking about a idea.

What about to create a game with its own economy system that uses testnet bitcoins?

That way it is not real money and the games can learn about economy and how bitcoins work at the same time.
I think this could accelerate the adoption of bitcoin in our communities around the world.

I am not a developer myself. So if anyone else thinks that this would be a good idea ,,take it  Smiley

Please write what you think about the idea.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:21:18 PM

sounds good, you should spearhead this project, i always say games need way more education.....

kids know 400 minecraft recipes, but nobody knows the periodic table

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:24:17 AM

Hi everyone

What about to create a game with its own economy system that uses testnet bitcoins?

That way it is not real money and the games can learn about economy and how bitcoins work at the same time.
I think this could accelerate the adoption of bitcoin in our communities around the world.

I am not a developer myself. So if anyone else thinks that this would be a good idea ,,take it  Smiley

Lots of games have in-game economies, kids don't need educating on that side. As for bitcoin, like most new technologies, kidz tend to know more than adults anyway Wink
Altoidnerd

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

http://altoidnerd.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 03:37:31 AM

I've mentioned the idea in the foundation forum of launching in house cryptocoins on elementary school servers.  The kids learn the daemon, and there's less risk.

Of course theres nothing to stop them from spending the coins in house for crayons and stuff.  They would have a little economy inside the school.  There'd be businessmen, and beggars, and crackers/thieves...it would be quite cool really.

Silk road for twix bars...

Do you even mine?
12gKRdrz7yy7erg5apUvSRGemypTUvBRuJ
maaku
Legendary
expert

Activity: 905
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:10:16 AM

No, don't give testnet coins any value or purpose. In doing so you destroy their purpose.

Create your own assets for this, if you wish.

I'm an independent developer working on bitcoin-core, making my living off community donations.
If you like my work, please consider donating yourself: 13snZ4ZyCzaL7358SmgvHGC9AxskqumNxP
Mysticsam_3579 (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:29:16 AM

I am thinking that in game like x3 or gta instead of having "credits" you have to really transfer coin to buy the stuff in the game and you
get money for making missions to your wallet but that wont make the testnet bitcoin having any value.

And i am thinking that it be integrated to android games because everyone has a mobile phone
but it would work for other platform to. In the games there are
buyers and sellers for stuff that you need to go forward in the game.
Think like the pc game capitalism or the facebook game "farming" or what its name was.

Maybe make a game like Entropia universe.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:32:22 AM

Hi everyone

It's better to use/create an altcoin. Testnet is just for testing, and should not have any other usage. It is suppose that restarting/resetting it any time will not cause any problem.
notmot

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:51:20 AM

As a "Kid" (kid / teen) I think I could help you with this and give you feedback.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:16:13 AM

I am thinking that in game like x3 or gta instead of having "credits" you have to really transfer coin to buy the stuff in the game and you
get money for making missions to your wallet but that wont make the testnet bitcoin having any value.

And i am thinking that it be integrated to android games because everyone has a mobile phone
but it would work for other platform to. In the games there are
buyers and sellers for stuff that you need to go forward in the game.
Think like the pc game capitalism or the facebook game "farming" or what its name was.

Maybe make a game like Entropia universe.

Who is going to write a game just to educate kids about "bitcoin"Huh If its rubbish no kid will play it, and good games cost a lot of money to write e.g. minecraft.

Like I said, there are already tonnes of games out there with their own economies. Let kids learn economics through those. Bitcoins aren't exactly difficult to understand.
Altoidnerd

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 09:12:38 AM

Bitcoins aren't exactly difficult to understand.

Yes but almost nobody on earth understands them.  Why is that?

Do you even mine?
12gKRdrz7yy7erg5apUvSRGemypTUvBRuJ
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:30:47 PM

Bitcoins aren't exactly difficult to understand.

Yes but almost nobody on earth understands them.  Why is that?

Because you shouldn't have to understand them to use them, just know how to send coins / receive coins / secure your wallet.

I don't think a "game" is going to help any of that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: