Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:46:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basic Things To Look Out For In An ICO  (Read 114 times)
ahmedbrown (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:00:04 PM

Each day, many startups launch their ICOs, but very few of them are legit, therefore creating trust issues among the masses.
As an investors you need to look out for some basic things in an ICO projects before you risk your hard earn money:

1.Check the ICO Website & Whitepaper
The ICO website and the whitepaper of the project, give away all the information about the startup, so never be too lazy to check it. Good startups, try to be as transparent as possible on their ICO website.
2.People behind the project: These people consist of the team members and advisors. Legit projects have a legitimate team of passionate individuals. Don’t be fooled by these good-looking individuals, as the images shown on ICO website may not be the actual team. To make sure they are legit, check their LinkedIn profiles and try to engage them in discussion regarding the project and its ICO.

3. Social Media Engagements
The way any startup presents itself on social media platforms can make or break their overall image. The type of posts they do or the way they handle negative criticism says a lot about how professional their team is. Scam startups will try to cover every negative comment.

So be wise and invest diligently.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:12:23 PM

Each day, many startups launch their ICOs, but very few of them are legit, therefore creating trust issues among the masses.
As an investors you need to look out for some basic things in an ICO projects before you risk your hard earn money:

The ICO website and the whitepaper of the project, give away all the information about the startup, so never be too lazy to check it. Good startups, try to be as transparent as possible on their ICO website.
2.People behind the project: These people consist of the team members and advisors. Legit projects have a legitimate team of passionate individuals. Don’t be fooled by these good-looking individuals, as the images shown on ICO website may not be the actual team. To make sure they are legit, check their LinkedIn profiles and try to engage them in discussion regarding the project and its ICO.

The way any startup presents itself on social media platforms can make or break their overall image. The type of posts they do or the way they handle negative criticism says a lot about how professional their team is. Scam startups will try to cover every negative comment.

For me I only indulge myself to ICO that are popular and widely used by the general public next to bitcoin I only trust ethereum..it is very hard to trust newly proposed altcoins in the market because scammers are also rampant and i have many friends who told me of their dark experiences in the crypto world so I only take ICO that are basically endorsed to me by my friends who were more experience than I am in this industry. It is better to prevent and be careful first hand than be sorry later.
MxRizky22

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:15:46 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 10:45:53 PM by MxRizky22

Does ICO already have a whitepapper and roadmap is promising ?
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 10:21:24 PM

I agree to all your points engagement is very important some legit ICO has a huge and hold continuous discussions in their telegram channel, they also post updates in their Announcement thread here in Bitcointalk because this is where the health of the project because it is very visible in the search engine.

eloymjb

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:45:04 PM

for me the basic things to look out for an ICO is the amount of the people who recognize it. when too many people join on their ICO that's the thing the you can fo on the flow and make an instant profit.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dendenseptember

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 08:00:02 AM

regarding this matter, basic things to look out for in an ICO, i think the huge of the customer or community, and one more thing is the success of the project, there's an ICO project that in one day is sold out.
Matcuda

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:04:20 AM

Many of the Ico have their road map, even half of them are raw but a product that anyone can see, but even this does not save anyone from deception and loss. Therefore, you probably need to trust the project when it has many investors known to you, well, or you are confident in the project team.

gela888gela

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:10:02 AM

A good step to start investing. These points are important to do by taking the time to check them before investing. Any form of fraud can be identified or detected, so the loss will not come.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:16:45 PM

The list of points you mentioned to check before investing in any ICO is good and relevant. However I would like add one or two more points to your list. One is that make to check the idea behind the project. It should be capable of implementing and new. Second is that making sure that project does not provides or states unrealistic goals. Don’t get along with the high goals.
QueenEde

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 08:31:46 PM

Website and white paper
vasil777

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:41:33 PM

You have all described here correctly. I think if you follow these rules then you can invest in good projects and get big profits. I think a successful and profitable project must have a large audience and an innovative idea. The project should be useful to people!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: