Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Actually btc is going down because...  (Read 3663 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:27:41 PM

Bitcoins are not going back up.

Thanks for the information, I didn't know that.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
critmass

Activity: 81
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:18:04 PM

Well, so you are saying that the market, while having a strong community can just vanish out of thin air for no reason? We are all still sitting here, and so are the big guys with large fortunes of BTC. How can all of that money just disappear?
An item is only valuable for trading purposes if someone else is willing to accept it in exchange for something else.  You could have a million bitcoins, and if no one wants them, they are worthless, period.
Minsc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:19:52 PM

Well, so you are saying that the market, while having a strong community can just vanish out of thin air for no reason? We are all still sitting here, and so are the big guys with large fortunes of BTC. How can all of that money just disappear?
An item is only valuable for trading purposes if someone else is willing to accept it in exchange for something else.  You could have a million bitcoins, and if no one wants them, they are worthless, period.

I want to be able to buy 1000 bitcoins with a few dollars.  Then I'd buy a million and all those people who scoffed at bitcoins I'd offer to send the coins to them.  Problem is at 6.75, it is so overpriced so it's not worth buying.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 09:03:09 AM

I want to be able to buy 1000 bitcoins with a few dollars.  Then I'd buy a million and all those people who scoffed at bitcoins I'd offer to send the coins to them.  Problem is at 6.75, it is so overpriced so it's not worth buying.

You want to buy below market value? Everyone would want that. Not going to happen.

Do you know how many people would buy in big at 1$? Many. Something really bad has to happen or maybe a really long time at 50 BTC mining incentive has to pass for that to happen. We only have roughly 1.5 years left with 50 BTC incentive, keep that in mind when saying "overpriced"... the market value includes future expectations.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
osmosis

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:01:10 AM

If the same number of people on facebook (700 million) end up holding $25 worth of bitcoins each, the market cap would be $17.5 billion. That pegs bitcoins at $1750 per bitcoin if 10mil bitcoins were in circulation.
Surawit

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:06:03 AM

If the same number of people on facebook (700 million) end up holding $25 worth of bitcoins each, the market cap would be $17.5 billion. That pegs bitcoins at $1750 per bitcoin if 10mil bitcoins were in circulation.
Yes, and if my aunt had a pair of bollocks she'd be my uncle. Do you really see a future in which bitcoins are as ubiquitous as facebook?
osmosis

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:14:24 AM

Yes, and if my aunt had a pair of bollocks she'd be my uncle. Do you really see a future in which bitcoins are as ubiquitous as facebook?

I think bitcoins are MUCH cooler then facebook.
gw4tt

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:51:31 AM

So far not everyone thinks that otherwise prices would be much higher than $7, but I have to agree because facebook is crap.
osmosis

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:12:20 AM

So far not everyone thinks that otherwise prices would be much higher than $7, but I have to agree because facebook is crap.

The masses tend to like it when the price is going up, and hate it when the price is going down.
Jixtreme

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:37:20 PM

hahaha

You also have to realize that the majority of Facebook users have no idea what fiat money is... and why it should be avoided like the plague.

Every time I start thinking about the implications of a currency that government can't forcibly tax, I get shivers. Could we actually be headed toward an era where people VOLUNTARILY contribute to the government? ...The way "freedom" is supposed to be?? I mean, sure, it would be preceded by a short, terrible era of government collapse, but I'll gladly endure that for the true freedom that awaits on the other side... and yes, I will voluntarily contribute.

-Jix
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:40:47 PM

You also have to realize that the majority of Facebook users have no idea what fiat money is... and why it should be avoided like the plague.

And ironically, many more facebook users are converting much more fiat money into virtual facebook credits every day already than bitcoin users will ever convert into bitcoins. So those ignorant facebookusers are already doing a better job at the "avoing like the plague" than you are...

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Jixtreme

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:47:57 PM

And ironically, many more facebook users are converting much more fiat money into virtual facebook credits every day already than bitcoin users will ever convert into bitcoins. So those ignorant facebookusers are already doing a better job at the "avoing like the plague" than you are...

Haha, you make a decent point about FB Credits. I'm not sure if I would call that a "currency" more than a voucher system. You can't convert credits back into USD.

As for them doing a better job at dumping fiat money, what can I say? Maybe there should be a Stupid Virtual Trinket store where you can only use Bitcoins. Someone needs to come up with a Farmville-type game where you can only buy more tractor fuel (or equivalent) with Bitcoin... I think you may've started something, The_Duke...
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:00:05 PM

As for them doing a better job at dumping fiat money, what can I say? Maybe there should be a Stupid Virtual Trinket store where you can only use Bitcoins. Someone needs to come up with a Farmville-type game where you can only buy more tractor fuel (or equivalent) with Bitcoin...

Isn't that game called MtGox?

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Jixtreme

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:08:29 PM

Isn't that game called MtGox?

What are you waiting for? E-mail the fine folks at MtGox, suggest they create a Facebook portal, and start accepting FB Credits...

Let's see where this goes...
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 05:51:46 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2011, 06:16:06 PM by netrin

It's just pure economics.. nothing more.  nothing less.

You calculate the current price per coin divided by the generation rate, then assume that no one has projected expectations, all miners immediately sell 100% of their production. Can you tell me at what rate, historically miners sold as a function of market volume, difficulty, or some other variables? Oh, you can't?

Pure economics. I'm glad you don't run a financial institution. Oh, you do, do you? Well, isn't that cute.

EDIT: I just read the first paragraph on your site. Do you use bitcoins? Surely you realize that your front page blatantly misrepresents the technology.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 05:59:41 PM

BTC is down because of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjV3wdXDHDk&feature=player_embedded

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 06:31:26 PM

...the DOW is tanking.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 07:02:04 PM

HAHAHAHA
plogank

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 06:26:46 AM

I think everyone should tough it out, so to speak, and buy buy buy.

I agree, hang in there, buy buy buy....

If you like this post a donation would be nice....  1PhCzA9o1jcwHr7PR4mxea8nJYUJWpKAGb

Besides, It'll drive me crazy trying to figure where it came from.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: