Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:58:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shares increasing, btc not so much  (Read 857 times)
masse (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:28:19 PM

I have been mining on deepbit for more than a week now, and my sw seems to work fine (GUIMiner v2012-12-03). On my account on deepbit I can see my worker shares counter increase all the time, and it says "Mining in progress", but the btc balance isn't increasing anything at all. Is the problem on my side, or what?
Happy for any help/advice.
Masse

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:26:30 AM

It looks like your Pool on deepbit has not found a block anywhere in the past 'very long'. This means that untill your pool gets a found block, your shares are worthless.
Once your pool finds a block, it will distribute it's 25 bitcoin from that block, accordingly to the people that provided the shares.
masse (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:45:55 PM

It looks like your Pool on deepbit has not found a block anywhere in the past 'very long'. This means that untill your pool gets a found block, your shares are worthless.
Once your pool finds a block, it will distribute it's 25 bitcoin from that block, accordingly to the people that provided the shares.

Ok, but there's only one way for me to create a worker on my deepbit account (I cant chose a pool or something like that), and connect to it from my miner sw, so if the pool doesn't find a block there's nothing I can do? And that would mean that I can more or less quit mining on deepbit, because the block "hitrate" as a total is very low? Is that correct? Or am I just a colossal newbee??  Embarrassed
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:58:53 AM

People still mine on Deepbit?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Trini8ed

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:03:57 AM

I mined there 2 years ago lol

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
masse (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:19:55 PM

Hmm, starting to think I really am the colossal newbie!  Embarrassed  Smiley
Thanks for the "brutal" comments! Wink Smiley Guess I'm switching to another minig pool now!

D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:58:42 PM

Yeah, deepbit is funky and no updates ever on the webpage.  Looks abandoned.  I set it to proportional and it did not go up in a week and they had several blocks found.  But when I put it on PPS it goes right along.   That would be what I call skimming.  Was just trying to finish out .01 to cash out with some 333 mh/s usb miners. Sad

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:05:13 AM

Lol I started there as well, back when you could mine several BTC a day with only a couple GPU. Think I mined a few hundred coins there. Then I switched to Ozcoin, and now I use a split of Slush and Bitminter.

Hmm, starting to think I really am the colossal newbie!  Embarrassed  Smiley
Thanks for the "brutal" comments! Wink Smiley Guess I'm switching to another minig pool now!
Hey we were all newbies once. Deepbit used to be the shit. They would own like 40% of the network. It's just that when everyone started developing their pools for ASICs and larger hashrates, deepbit...well...didn't. They still use an older version of bitcoind, IIRC. They never updated to stratum, still using their own version of GW with roll-n-time. Don't get me wrong, they were the ones that really kicked off pooled mining, and set the basis for pools to follow after. It's just that today, there are smarter and better options. Like the two I suggested above! Wink

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
masse (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:08:39 PM

Ok, thanks all for the advice! At least there was nothing wrong w my account and stuff, only my choice of pool! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: