Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does the topic view counts?  (Read 131 times)
vendorLazy (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:41:42 PM

I strongly apologies if that question been already asked but I haven't found it.

The question is:

1) Does the site counts only registered members or if somebody unregistered enters the thread he'll give +1 to the number of thread views?

2) And if the site counts every member for 1 or if a person would enter the thread for 5 times per minute the number of views will rapidly increase?

I just see so much average and boring projects in announcements but they have a fantastic views numbers and tons of pages with "oh, nice project, I will follow!" so that makes me doubt that project is not increasing its forum popularity with a help of some sort of ... cheating let's call it.

So tell me please how does that system works.
Thank you!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:00:04 PM

1) Does the site counts only registered members or if somebody unregistered enters the thread he'll give +1 to the number of thread views?
It counts only if a registrated member enters your topic, not registrated members won't count. You can check it easily, if you log out and enter a topic, the counter doesn't change. If you are logged in the counter goes up.

2) And if the site counts every member for 1 or if a person would enter the thread for 5 times per minute the number of views will rapidly increase?
It doesen't work to click your post several times in a row - to avoid cheating. The counter will be stuck at the original number of views, even if you click 10 times. You have first to read another topic.

I just see so much average and boring projects in announcements but they have a fantastic views numbers and tons of pages with "oh, nice project, I will follow!" so that makes me doubt that project is not increasing its forum popularity with a help of some sort of ... cheating let's call it.
This is a big problem and maybe some projects pay for this "bumping" obviously. This creates a big amount of shitposts like "nice project", "very interesting project" or just "when moon?"  Cheesy
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 09:01:56 PM

It doesen't work to click your post several times in a row - to avoid cheating. The counter will be stuck at the original number of views, even if you click 10 times. You have first to read another topic.

I think +1 is only valid one time reading the topic. It does not matter whether the member has several times read the same topic which previously read other topics.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: