Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: On which trading platform(s) would you chose to have your shares listed?  (Voting closed: January 19, 2014, 04:11:53 PM)
Crypto-Trade only - 32 (30.8%)
Chroma Wallet/Colored Coins only - 51 (49%)
Both if possible (will post below) - 15 (14.4%)
Direct shares only - 6 (5.8%)
Total Voters: 104

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Platforms - Active Mining shareholders poll  (Read 3351 times)
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:27:51 AM

Is listing on Havelock an option?

Shit I forgot about them .

Good idea

They have the most liquidity as we'll

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chris360

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:35:59 AM

I know time frames are very hit and miss,

Is there any idea of a time frame between CC and CT?
I can't fined this discussed between the two anywhere. I think its a a large contributing factor.
I am fed up of waiting to trade and would prefer the quickest solution, however I am willing to wait a two weeks longer if that's the difference between the CC and CT.
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:41:18 AM

CT is good shorterm...but I wouldn't waste my time with that once CC is available.  I prefer CC.
equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 12:41:33 PM

Good idea

Havelock is the closest to legal securities market also with better liquidity then CT. I hope Ken have a good reason to chose Crypto Trade instead of Havelock Investments.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:03:46 PM

Moving on to splitting our brooms and making new threads to cover ourselves when our nonsense is called out, are we?

Colored Coins... that way if all goes to shit I can at least claim to have some of the first shares ever distributed in a decentralized manner using colored coins.

I like the idea of colored coins. However, it seems we would be beta testing colored coins with our shares. Is this a good idea? What if there is a bug? How will this get fixed. Is this a good idea to be beta testing with shares?

Decentralized solution that is in beta vs. a repeat of GLBSE/BTCT/Bitfunder/etc.

I feel more secure with the former, personally.

The divide is not about decentralization vs centralization. The divide is about shitty non-stocks that operate on shitty non-exchanges as opposed to actual businesses that trade on a real exchange. So long as what you've got is a bucket of failure, it will fail no matter what sort of wrapping you try to put on it.

Losing coins sucks. Continuing to hold onto your buckets of bullshit after the ineptitude of the operator has been amply demonstrated is nothing short of retarded. And in clutching your bullshit in an attempt to believe for another day that you didn't make a wretched, screaming, ugly mistake, you're adding to the mountains of shilly, uninformed but over-enthusiastic bullshit new people have to wade through in order to reach a single sentence of sense. You're not just screwing yourselves, you're slowing the progress of newcomers.

Learn some responsibility ffs.

This problem isn't going away.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
zumzero (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:29:13 PM

Moving on to splitting our brooms and making new threads to cover ourselves when our nonsense is called out, are we?

Colored Coins... that way if all goes to shit I can at least claim to have some of the first shares ever distributed in a decentralized manner using colored coins.

I like the idea of colored coins. However, it seems we would be beta testing colored coins with our shares. Is this a good idea? What if there is a bug? How will this get fixed. Is this a good idea to be beta testing with shares?

Decentralized solution that is in beta vs. a repeat of GLBSE/BTCT/Bitfunder/etc.

I feel more secure with the former, personally.

The divide is not about decentralization vs centralization. The divide is about shitty non-stocks that operate on shitty non-exchanges as opposed to actual businesses that trade on a real exchange. So long as what you've got is a bucket of failure, it will fail no matter what sort of wrapping you try to put on it.

Losing coins sucks. Continuing to hold onto your buckets of bullshit after the ineptitude of the operator has been amply demonstrated is nothing short of retarded. And in clutching your bullshit in an attempt to believe for another day that you didn't make a wretched, screaming, ugly mistake, you're adding to the mountains of shilly, uninformed but over-enthusiastic bullshit new people have to wade through in order to reach a single sentence of sense. You're not just screwing yourselves, you're slowing the progress of newcomers.

Learn some responsibility ffs.

This problem isn't going away.

Any more from you and I will become your own personal remora.  It's your choice, I have plenty of time on my hands.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:32:55 PM

Good idea

Havelock is the closest to legal securities market also with better liquidity then CT. I hope Ken have a good reason to chose Crypto Trade instead of Havelock Investments.

Yeah plus they in Canada and owned by some entity in South America so I think were safe

But the liquidity factor is important.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:16:28 PM

Colored coins as long as we are sure there will be no problems.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:40:43 PM

These shares aren't worth anything so lets not trade them.  Too much work for a few satoshis.

joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:49:48 PM

Let colored coin matured first, I don't want my shares to be the guinea pig.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: