Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CASASCIUS PHYSICAL BITCOIN - In Stock Now! (pic)  (Read 130268 times)
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 05:17:28 AM

I ordered two last week and they arrived promptly. I am extremely impressed. It's so great to be able to hold a bitcoin in your hand. Everybody should have one of these. Cheesy

I just ordered ten more. I plan on opening and redeeming a few of them on Youtube when I receive them so we can all be sure that the bitcoin encrypted within each coin can truly be used.

Youtube video would be awesome!  I still don't quite understand how to simply type the numbers and "import" them into your wallet.  I may not have the "right" softward to do this, so a youtube video walkthrough would be awesome.

I plan on giving these to all my cousins for birthdays/xmas.  And if I can share a youtube video link, that would be perfect.  Otherwise, they'll probably just look at me and go "thanks......... for nuthin"

Silly kids need to respect their bitcoins!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:23:40 AM

I ordered two last week and they arrived promptly. I am extremely impressed. It's so great to be able to hold a bitcoin in your hand. Everybody should have one of these. Cheesy

I just ordered ten more. I plan on opening and redeeming a few of them on Youtube when I receive them so we can all be sure that the bitcoin encrypted within each coin can truly be used.

Youtube video would be awesome!  I still don't quite understand how to simply type the numbers and "import" them into your wallet.  I may not have the "right" softward to do this, so a youtube video walkthrough would be awesome.

I plan on giving these to all my cousins for birthdays/xmas.  And if I can share a youtube video link, that would be perfect.  Otherwise, they'll probably just look at me and go "thanks......... for nuthin"

I'm planning on using PyWallet(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0) and casascius' tool(http://www.casascius.com/btcaddress.zip) for decrypting the mini private key. Installing PyWallet does require a bit of work, or at least it did in my situation. Perhaps I should open a casascius coin redeeming service! Tongue
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 06:05:54 AM

I'm planning on using PyWallet(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0) and casascius' tool(http://www.casascius.com/btcaddress.zip) for decrypting the mini private key. Installing PyWallet does require a bit of work, or at least it did in my situation. Perhaps I should open a casascius coin redeeming service! Tongue

This is where I lose my family members.  I need it to be simple & easy... we'll get there yet!

Fold for spending BTCs

nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:39:55 AM

Someone posted a patch of bitcoin/bitcoind you could use to import private keys in Windows without installing the stuff necessary to run Python scripts.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 07:29:18 PM

I just received a handful of these. They're pretty cool. I'm going to give one to each of my nieces and nephews.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 01:16:36 AM

I just received a handful of these. They're pretty cool. I'm going to give one to each of my nieces and nephews.

Just got my order today, handed out real coins to my developers and business partners, kept the scrap already-peeled coins for myself. I love these things!

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 10:34:26 PM

I just got some of these beauties. They will be fun conversation starters, and one day will make nice gifts for those people-who-have-everything types.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 03:48:12 AM

Has anyone successfully had a store/restaurant accept a casascius bitcoin as payment?

Fold for spending BTCs

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2011, 09:42:03 PM

Question to anyone who has ordered from outside the US: assuming you received them, how long did delivery take and to where?

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 12:21:28 AM

I just got some of these beauties. They will be fun conversation starters, and one day will make nice gifts for those people-who-have-everything types.

Got mine too...and three demo pieces for the kids to play with.  They look great next to my bit bills Smiley

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 12:32:23 AM

Got mine too...and three demo pieces for the kids to play with.  They look great next to my bit bills Smiley

Youngsters love to play with stickers. Hopefully they don't find the stickers to play with on your cassies.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
inlikeflynn

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 05:44:49 PM

Thanks CASACIUS, Just got my coins and they look great!
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 07:24:07 PM

Just received a few coins, and they do look great.

For those that might be a little timid about paying 1.2 for 1.0 coins, remember that you may be able to get that premium back if exchanging in person.  i.e. I'll send 6 coins to your wallet to mow my lawn, or 5 physical coins.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:07:58 PM

For those that might be a little timid about paying 1.2 for 1.0 coins, remember that you may be able to get that premium back if exchanging in person.  i.e. I'll send 6 coins to your wallet to mow my lawn, or 5 physical coins.

Where do you live and how big is your lawn?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 02:47:55 AM

I received my coins today.  They look awesome.  Love them and will order more.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 08:05:50 AM

Where do you live and how big is your lawn?

He was assuming their market price dropped to $2, hahaha....

Has anyone started making competing coins yet?

Any news on a new bitcoin client including the import/export features? 

As soon as I have time to figure out how to export and address of mine and then re-import it, and I understand how this works, I'll be buying some.  xmas is right around the corner, and I plan to give bitcoins this year, woot!

Fold for spending BTCs

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 03:38:25 PM

I installed pywallet and that seems to work.  I want to convert the mini private key so I unzipped your program and dll.  However I get an exception when I try to run the program:

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.
   at System.Security.Cryptography.CapiNative.AcquireCsp(String keyContainer, String providerName, ProviderType providerType, CryptAcquireContextFlags flags, Boolean throwPlatformException)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.CapiHashAlgorithm..ctor(String provider, ProviderType providerType, AlgorithmId algorithm)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256CryptoServiceProvider..ctor()
   at BtcAddress.Bitcoin.PassphraseToPrivHex(String passphrase)
   at BtcAddress.Form1.btnPassphrase_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It looks like it is not finding the dll.  Am I missing something?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 03:45:27 PM

I installed pywallet and that seems to work.  I want to convert the mini private key so I unzipped your program and dll.  However I get an exception when I try to run the program:

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.
<snip>
It looks like it is not finding the dll.  Am I missing something?

It looks like it is finding the DLL but apparently the .NET Framework is refusing access to the SHA256 function, which I have used.  Which Windows OS are you using?  I am guessing it is one with restricted cryptographic capabilities for US export or something.

I suppose I need to stick with only using the BouncyCastle SHA256 implementation which won't have this problem.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 04:06:14 PM

There really should be nothing special about my system.  It is a standard run of the mill DELL laptop.  I will try the program on another system...

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 04:10:14 PM

Just tried it on my other laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad) and got the same result.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: