Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:12:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GuildMiners [22GH] [0%Fee] [2%BONUS] [LP] [SSL] [Real Time Stats]  (Read 6098 times)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 09:06:17 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2011, 12:00:52 AM by Martin Lawrence (Guildminers)

I'm proud to introduce GuildMiners - a new mining pool aimed at the newbie, non-technical user.

Once we release our custom mining client, we will be hiding all the technical details from the user.  In the meantime we have launched our pool for internal testing.  If you could join and throw a few MHashes our way it would greatly help us, and the bitcoin community as a result!

Our pool pays you 97% of what you mine.  We then pay you 1% of the coins mined by users you have directly referred.  Additionally, we pay you 0.5% of the coins mined by users your referrals have brought in, and even 0.25% of the users they attract.  That is four levels of payments, and the potential to make a lot more than you would mining at any other pool.

Rewards are updated in real time on our account screen.

http://guildminers.com

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:08:40 PM

I'm proud to introduce GuildMiners - a new mining pool aimed at the newbie, non-technical user.

Once we release our custom mining client, we will be hiding all the technical details from the user.  In the meantime we have launched our pool for internal testing.  If you could join and throw a few MHashes our way it would greatly help us, and the bitcoin community as a result!

Our pool pays you 97% of what you mine.  We then pay you 1% of the coins mined by users you have directly referred.  Additionally, we pay you 0.5% of the coins mined by users your referrals have brought in, and even 0.25% of the users they attract.  That is four levels of payments, and the potential to make a lot more than you would mining at any other pool.

Rewards are updated in real time on our account screen.

http://guildminers.com
Dunno if i should continue reading.

One word: There shall be no custom mining client. We use what we want. Period!

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 09:22:15 PM

Dunno if i should continue reading.

One word: There shall be no custom mining client. We use what we want. Period!

I understand that the technical users of this forum may be turned off by this, but that is because we are aiming at the non-geek, non-bitcoin user.  Right now with your own client you have to set up a miner name/password, download your mining client and set the flags, point it to the proper place, etc, etc.  A lot of technical details for someone who just wants to make a few bucks from home.   A custom client will allows us to bypass all the technical details and get the user up and running just by entering a username and password once.  Our custom client (when launched) will have an advanced area where you will be able to customize your flags.

There IS an option for you to create a "custom miner" in our site, which essentially is what you want - you create the miner info and use whatever client you want.  This is where we are asking for help from the current community to help us test our pool before we launch our offline advertising campaigns.

Martin

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:35:27 PM

Referrals only lead to spam on these forums here and don't guarantee a good pool performance or many miners at all - just take a look at triplemining for lessons learned!

Also your name is similar to BTCguild... what does hash collission bruteforcing have to do with "guilds" anyways?!

Misleading topic title btw.! You _can_ make more than 100% (maybe, if you refer lots of people) but it is for sure not guaranteed and everyone has a 1.25% fee that goes to the pool + 1.75% to referrals (if there is noone referreing you, probably this even goes to the pool too).

Oh and a last thing: I really hope you make your miner Open source! I'd never ever trust a Closed Source mining program.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Furyan

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:45:46 PM

Referrals only lead to spam on these forums here and don't guarantee a good pool performance or many miners at all - just take a look at triplemining for lessons learned!

Nothing in life is guaranteed.  The success of the pool depends as much on the miners as it does on our efforts to recruit them.

And obviously, spam won't be tolerated.  We've been through this before and are prepared to deal with it appropriately.

Also your name is similar to BTCguild... what does hash collission bruteforcing have to do with "guilds" anyways?!

Lots of pool names are similar... is this a joke? The internet medium sometimes makes these things unclear.

Misleading topic title btw.! You _can_ make more than 100% (maybe, if you refer lots of people) but it is for sure not guaranteed and everyone has a 1.25% fee that goes to the pool + 1.75% to referrals (if there is noone referreing you, probably this even goes to the pool too).

Simple calculation: You earn 1 BTC via mining.  We pay you 0.97 BTC for your mining (0.03 BTC fee).

Your level 1 referrals earn a total of 25 BTC via mining. We pay you 1% of those earnings, or 0.25 BTC.   You've just earned back 91.6% of the fee you paid. If those level 1 earnings were 100 BTC, you'd get 1 BTC, 300% of the fee you paid.  If you have lots of referrals in the other levels too, you'd be getting more than your own mining earnings of 1 BTC, thus the title Martin chose for the post.

Oh and a last thing: I really hope you make your miner Open source! I'd never ever trust a Closed Source mining program.

Absolutely.  I wouldn't even consider otherwise because I too won't trust a closed-source miner.

I'll be putting all the code for our pool and the miner up on github. Links to that coming soon, some of it needs some cleanup.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:19:51 AM

Sukrim is right, just look at Tradehill, they missed out on a lot of quality customers
because people were turned off by the massive referral spam during their launch.

You say spam wont be tolerated but that's exactly what will happen
if you offer people potential money just for copy+pasting a link as much as possible

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:37:02 AM

25BTC Lvl1 referrals means you alone have to refer 50%(!) of the total pool hash rate! 100 BTC are not even possible, per block the whole pool can only earn ~50 BTC.

Oh, and whcih payout method do you want to use?! I hope not prop...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Furyan

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:19:22 PM

Sukrim is right, just look at Tradehill, they missed out on a lot of quality customers
because people were turned off by the massive referral spam during their launch.

You say spam wont be tolerated but that's exactly what will happen
if you offer people potential money just for copy+pasting a link as much as possible

I appreciate your concerns - we both do and it's something we both have very much on the top of our minds.

I won't try to convince you that the problem you posit isn't as big as you might think... we'll simply have to show you.

FWIW, no money is offered simply for copy/pasting links. Even merely for someone signing up.  They have to contribute via mining, too.

25BTC Lvl1 referrals means you alone have to refer 50%(!) of the total pool hash rate! 100 BTC are not even possible, per block the whole pool can only earn ~50 BTC.

Oh, and whcih payout method do you want to use?! I hope not prop...

My example didn't specify that would be on one block.  Either way, the point is that what you earn from referrals can dwarf your own earnings and any fees the pool collects.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:02:17 AM

Right now your biggest problem is attracting users to earn hashrate. At 600 MHash it will take you months to get a block. You need a few GHashes to get started.

I like the idea of having an optional simple client for new users. The referrals don't bother me that much. Everyone is doing it anyway...
n4l3hp

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 05:46:15 AM

Its like Compute4Cash with higher payouts but with no external payment processors involved. C4C also offer the referral system with 2% of the amount mined by the referral (the 2% is not from earnings of the new member but from the pool operator). Right now, you can only earn about 2/3 (in US$) in C4C compared to what you can earn if you mine BTC directly from other pools. Custom client and configured via the website. I used to mine there before I found out about Bitcoins last March.

Btw, their client can use all gpus (even mixed ati and nvidia) and cpus if you configure it to use all opencl capable devices.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 09:53:13 AM

Right now your biggest problem is attracting users to earn hashrate. At 600 MHash it will take you months to get a block. You need a few GHashes to get started.

I know!   Wink  That is why we prematurely posted on here (before we launched our client) to get some help from the community.

Why aren't YOU helping?  lol  Would it help if we lowered the fee to 0% until official launch?  I have no problem doing that.

Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 10:03:10 AM

Ok, I talked it over with my partner and we decided to adjust the fee until further notice to help us test and grow.

Our fee is now at -2%  We will pay out 51btc coins for every block solved, and pay our referral bonuses based on that amount.  Smiley

We had bitcoins reserved for testing purposes, and this is a better way to spend them than offering some heavy miners a bonus to help us test.  If you've already done some mining with us, you'll see your rewards adjusted automatically as soon as you submit your next share. 

Thanks!

Martin

nmat

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:41:07 PM

Why aren't YOU helping?  lol  Would it help if we lowered the fee to 0% until official launch?  I have no problem doing that.

I don't mine  Cool I don't have hardware good enough for mining and I am not investing in that right now. Just browsing through the forum...
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 10:02:37 PM

GuildMiners has solved TWO blocks in the last 24 hours.  We now have a sustained base of 22 Gigahashes.

This is your chance to get into a pool that has quick block generation (constant income) but still relatively few miners so you get a bigger piece of the pie.   Smiley

Furyan

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 12:18:21 PM

Correction: 3 blocks Smiley

Reminder, we're still paying a 2% premium on solved blocks to grow our user base!
nmat

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 05:46:55 PM

GuildMiners has solved TWO blocks in the last 24 hours.  We now have a sustained base of 22 Gigahashes.

This is your chance to get into a pool that has quick block generation (constant income) but still relatively few miners so you get a bigger piece of the pie.   Smiley

You are aware that you were extremely lucky, right? At 22GH you should solve a block each five days or something.

Anyway, does the money appear immediately at CampBX? I earned a few bitcents, but they don't show up in CampBX's history. Is there a minimum amount for payments?
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 05:39:41 AM

GuildMiners has solved TWO blocks in the last 24 hours.  We now have a sustained base of 22 Gigahashes.

This is your chance to get into a pool that has quick block generation (constant income) but still relatively few miners so you get a bigger piece of the pie.   Smiley

You are aware that you were extremely lucky, right? At 22GH you should solve a block each five days or something.

Anyway, does the money appear immediately at CampBX? I earned a few bitcents, but they don't show up in CampBX's history. Is there a minimum amount for payments?

Yes, we have a minimum payout of 1 btc.  If you go to your account and select the "Transfers" tab you can see transfer into your account (payments from blocks) and transfers out (payments to CampBX).  Once your go past 1btc, your full balance is transferred into your CampBX account automatically.

simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 03:58:15 AM

Hi.  I'll sign up and start mining when it's possible to withdraw to a wallet like normal (NOT to an exchange).    Any timeframe on when this is likely to happen?
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 03:59:00 AM

Yes, we have a minimum payout of 1 btc.  If you go to your account and select the "Transfers" tab you can see transfer into your account (payments from blocks) and transfers out (payments to CampBX).  Once your go past 1btc, your full balance is transferred into your CampBX account automatically.

are we "allowed" to withdraw into our personal wallet ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:07:49 AM

And are you PPS or Prop (or both)?   I know it says PPS in the title, but that's recently changed.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: