Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:04:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personalized Bitcoin ATM Cards- American Bitcoin Inc  (Read 878 times)
AmericanBit (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:05:28 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 06:51:36 PM by AmericanBit

25% off for for Bitcointalk clients.

Hello fellow bitcoiners, here is a little more detail regarding the personal QR ATM/Membership Card. 

The card is personal to you and in its purest form it is simply a more convenient way to accept bitcoins. You dont have to boot up your phone, enter in your long passphrase or submit your 2FAuth in order to accept bitcoin deposits. Basically, its a back up to your phone, or just a more convenient alternative. The bottom line is phones die, and now with the all of the functions batteries dont last very long. Well, that can be a problem if you want to do transactions in bitcoin. Even when I dont have my phone with me, someone can still hand me a dollar. This isnt the case when it comes to bitcoin. You have to have a way of accepting bitcoin even when you dont have your phone with you. This is where the ATM/Deposit card comes in.

The card also acts as a membership. We lack the development knowledge to do a coinkite POS feature, but it is a possibility in the future. The member services are pretty basic at this point. Depending on your membership level, the fees that coincide with the services will vary. For instance, all BLACK card members are offered free Escrow Services with $500 USD in insurance to assure the seller their coins are safe at all times. A lot of people obviously offer this in this forum. However, American Bitcoin Inc is obviously an officially registered business within the United States. Therefore, your options of recourse should anything go wrong, are much greater as well. In simplest terms, American Bitcoin is not only accountable to you, we are accountable to the US Justice Dept. That should help all buyers and sellers sleep just a little better at night. Then we also offer a snapcard feature, but without all the bells and whistles. You would have to submit the link to the item you wish to buy, and we would make sure everything goes smoothly...better rates than snapcard as well depending on your membership level. Then there is a chat, forum, you set up your own profile, charts, and a very large directory of all business that take bitcoin, gambling sites, bitcoin faucets, and we will have bitcoin give-away contests for fun etc etc...

Now this is the very beginning, so we only have about 35 paying members so far and most have splurged for the BLACK card. Which isnt bad at all considering we have only been taking pre-orders. The site is up, we have not disclosed the domain yet to members; but you can check it out  http://theamericanbitcoincompany.com/

Now, Im changing this proof slightly but you can get the idea of what the card will look like. It will be printed on a lithograph printer so it will have the same professional detail as a standard credit card, as well as the embossed lettering and numbering. Below is the Gold, Silver, and Bronze sample of what my card will look like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281247661717?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281247663183?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281247663668?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for checking us out!
inquire with in...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:37:18 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 01:25:30 AM by Gazza1

Will it have a use or is it a novelty item?

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
AmericanBit (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:37:07 PM

Will it have a use or is it a novelty item?

Curious about the American part.  since it is a worldwide currency.  I think world bitcoin would be more suitable.

Its an ATM Card or a Bitcoin Deposit card so it will be useful, yes...I understand that bitcoin is a world currency, but these arent bitcoins so they cant be sent over the computer. So shipping worldwide is a problem and can be expensive. I am in America and started American Bitcoin Inc, so its kind of a company card. Id like to offer a world card, but it doesnt have the novelty appeal the American Bitcoin Card does. Plus its already trademarked, so it just is what it is.

A few have sold in Australia in Russia though.
Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:25:18 AM

Very cool man, very cool  Cool

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
dave00

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:44:41 PM

Interesting, you can provide more details?

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
AmericanBit (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:33:55 PM

Interesting, you can provide more details?

Sure, the card is personal to you and in its purest form it is simply a more convenient way to accept bitcoins. You dont have to boot up your phone, enter in your long passphrase or submit your 2FAuth in order to accept bitcoin deposits. Basically, its a back up to your phone, or just a more convenient alternative. The bottom line is phones die, and now with the all of the functions batteries dont last very long. Well, that can be a problem if you want to do transactions in bitcoin. Even when I dont have my phone with me, someone can still hand me a dollar. This isnt the case when it comes to bitcoin. You have to have a way of accepting bitcoin even when you dont have your phone with you. This is where the ATM/Deposit card comes in.

The card also acts as a membership. We lack the development knowledge to do a coinkite POS feature, but it is a possibility in the future. The member services are pretty basic at this point. Depending on your membership level, the fees that coincide with the services will vary. For instance, all BLACK card members are offered free Escrow Services with $500 USD in insurance to assure the seller their coins are safe at all times. A lot of people obviously offer this in this forum. However, American Bitcoin Inc is obviously an officially registered business within the United States. Therefore, your options of recourse should anything go wrong, are much greater as well. In simplest terms, American Bitcoin is not only accountable to you, we are accountable to the US Justice Dept. That should help all buyers and sellers sleep just a little better at night. Then we also offer a snapcard feature, but without all the bells and whistles. You would have to submit the link to the item you wish to buy, and we would make sure everything goes smoothly...better rates than snapcard as well depending on your membership level. Then there is a chat, forum, you set up your own profile, charts, and a very large directory of all business that take bitcoin, gambling sites, bitcoin faucets, and we will have bitcoin give-away contests for fun etc etc...

Now this is the very beginning, so we only have about 35 paying members so far and most have splurged for the BLACK card. Which isnt bad at all considering we have only been taking pre-orders. The site is up, we have not disclosed the domain yet to members; but you can check it out  http://theamericanbitcoincompany.com/

Now, Im changing this proof slightly but you can get the idea of what the card will look like. It will be printed on a lithograph printer so it will have the same professional detail as a standard credit card, as well as the embossed lettering and numbering. Below is the Gold, Silver, and Bronze sample of what my card will look like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281247661717?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281247663183?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281247663668?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for checking us out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: