Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:29:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Bitcoin Personal Loan  (Read 1805 times)
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 08:53:21 PM

5 BTC Loan, 1 week payback.

I don't need it so much as I would like to establish myself in this forum, and get positive feedback when I pay back.

What say you, IBB?

1BviXp44Tf9gADAWHUPSvSqk6ANvM5gX5P

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
celcoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:54:57 PM

mhm I will give you 5btc if you give me 6btc in a week
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:18:01 PM

I don't need it so much as I would like to establish myself in this forum, and get positive feedback when I pay back.

What say you, IBB?

Sent 5 coins, hit me back in a week at 17U7zaXeTtBHgHNN8ERwDhqVgj4WFw2WUk

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 12:08:59 AM

What say you, IBB?

Sent 5 coins, hit me back in a week at 17U7zaXeTtBHgHNN8ERwDhqVgj4WFw2WUk

Noiiiiiice.

Thx!

See you in a week, sir.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 11:20:49 PM

What say you, IBB?

That's a weird way to make a rep...

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 11:34:46 PM

What say you, IBB?

That's a weird way to make a rep...

It is? I haven't been in this thread at all in the 2 months that I've been on the forums. I have a high post count, and I'm trusted by others. Still, I'm a newbie in this threads eyes. So, I borrowed 5 Bitcoins, and I turned around and offered them for a creative use in an adjacent thread.

Nice to meet you too Tongue

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 11:48:07 PM

tysat didnt ask you for any info ? loan based on trust ?

You might think so at first glance, but if I were a gambling man (lol), I'd think that he probably looked at my post history, made a few connections of dots, and made an executive decision.

I'd be happy to borrow 5 Bitcoins from you as well, and pay you a gratuity with a 2 week payback.

I'll send my ID scan to the email address you provide via PM immediately.

For this 5 Bitcoins, I'll issue another challenge, perhaps in another forum, and I'll link it back in this thread.

Regards,
Jonathan Owens
1H3QNCAng459T7XV7ZesZaLUwrC1mr9Hw3

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 11:52:25 PM

You might think so at first glance, but if I were a gambling man (lol), I'd think that he probably looked at my post history, made a few connections of dots, and made an executive decision.

^^ What he said
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 03:18:59 AM

Not satisfactory.

IBB is potentially a scam. Watch out. Nobody should be giving complete strangers scans of their passports. The polar shift from your previous to current demands that I have seen in the loan thread point to either a general dislike of me, or a deceptive shift.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours, Mr. IBB.

Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 05:18:58 AM

Not satisfactory.

IBB is potentially a scam. Watch out. Nobody should be giving complete strangers scans of their passports. The polar shift from your previous to current demands that I have seen in the loan thread point to either a general dislike of me, or a deceptive shift.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours, Mr. IBB.

Wow..  I know I might be a little biased..

But your accusations are un-founded and ridiculous.  

These are simple requests to prove who you are before we give you a loan.

I cant believe you would attack us with such a claim when we are providing a service free of charge for near strangers.

We are sorry you do not meet our requirements as our requirements for a loan have been getting more detailed as we learn along side of the community here at this forum for ways to protect us from being scammed.  Surely you must understand this ?

Riddle me this, you are a bank manager, offerering loans out of the kindness of your heart for no intrest.

Would you loan strangers money without being resonably assured of whom you are lending to ?

Please refrain from posting slanderous unfounded claims about us. Clearly we have offended you, and we are sorry.

First I have some words of strong advice for you.

Get out of the loan business. Once you start asking for people's ID, you had better have a company email to send scans to, and a business license in your jurisdiction.

Identity theft is a huge problem, and you are currently running afoul of most western country laws. Do you really think it's OK to insist on two forms of identification, including passport?

People, this is RIPE for fraud.

I want IBB to show its face. Who are you? You have not evolved a compliance model over time to deal with bad loans - no, in fact, you've made a sudden shift which says one of two things: You have effectively loaned out all of your lendable Bitcoin to 16 year old kids and fly by night forum members who want to purchase acid, or you have decided there's more money in the trade of others identities.

Yeah yeah, 'conspiracy this, conspiracy that'..

If you want people to provide you with what you are asking, you will have to do better than an awful website and a silly idea.

I suggest you either take yourselves a little less seriously, or file for a legitimate business license in your jurisdiction and supply your customers your credentials as well.

Allahu Akbar.

-Jonathan

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 06:33:22 AM

PS. What does Allahu Akbar refer to ?

I find it very entertaining that you are working for the IBB and do not know the meaning of Allahu Akbar.
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 06:33:57 AM

Jonathan, Im sorry we have offended you..

You, sir, have not offended me. You have raised my suspicions.

We are completely open to suggestions here on what constitutes a safe loan for us, this is an ever evolving process of refinement..

Here's a suggestion: Stop lending to 16 year olds who never repay. If that's your only market, because you're restricted this this forum, perhaps it's time for you to expand your horizons. At the very minimum, you should have an SSL certificate, and a user area on your website, with a simple loan request wizard. It's very simple to underwrite loans, and there exists plenty of risk modeling data in the public domain. If you want to give loans, and take IDs, you should have an objective risk model, rather than a subjective (and obviously biased) approval process.

If you have paid attention to this thread from the begining you would see we have little to hide, and are offering a pretty decent service no ?

No. I think your service is terrible. Yours is a flawed model that has kept corruption alive, tribal warlords in power and capital growth only a pipedream for its adherents in the islamic centers of the middle east and asia. No interest? What are you selling, exactly? Oh well.. Praise be to allah, I guess. Right?

Instead of your closet hatred, why not work with us, the community, to identify things of value in trust, there are many forms of ID, many of which would make us happy to loan to you, there are also many forms of merit within this forum and other btc trust groups..

I do not bury my hatred in a closet, teflone. I wear it on my sleeve. Furthermore, I don't hate you. You have a flawed model that has apparently left you with many unpaid loans. I guess that's why interest is a good thing - it means that even if you have non payment on some loans, the interest from others replaces lost earnings, and makes for more lendable instruments.

Im just a humble white Canadian named Eric, I have a german last name, and thats about as german as I get, I am not religious, nor was I brought up religious. But even a lowly Canadian like me can see how IBB is just here to help.

Sell me harder, Mr. Aryan. Lol.

But anyways,

Lets have some suggestions from you, and others?

What are some acceptable forms of trust we could all agree on ?

#1 You can not ask for people's identification any more, at least until there is a secure mechanism and some increased levels of transparency in the IBB management.

#2 You can alleviate many of your problems by telling under qualified borrowers to find a co-signer. Simple. If they can't find one, you don't give the loan.

Regards,
Jonathan Owens

NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 06:37:47 AM

#2 You can alleviate many of your problems by telling under qualified borrowers to find a co-signer. Simple. If they can't find one, you don't give the loan.
I'm liking this idea.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 09:15:08 PM

Repayment time!

17U7zaXeTtBHgHNN8ERwDhqVgj4WFw2WUk
Jonathan Ryan Owens (OP)
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 09:47:53 PM

Repayment time!

paid! http://blockexplorer.com/address/17U7zaXeTtBHgHNN8ERwDhqVgj4WFw2WUk

i also just tipped you 0.5 Bitcoins: tx id: f5e97c740fbeeec8affc31486fcf6fe2d7e038b75503d54283337529a7979daf

regards,
jonathan

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 09:57:14 PM

Repayment time!

paid! http://blockexplorer.com/address/17U7zaXeTtBHgHNN8ERwDhqVgj4WFw2WUk

i also just tipped you 0.5 Bitcoins: tx id: f5e97c740fbeeec8affc31486fcf6fe2d7e038b75503d54283337529a7979daf

regards,
jonathan

Thanks, and confirmed that I got both of those.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: