Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 trillion Zimbabwe $ bills - today for Bitcoins, tomorrow for free  (Read 8743 times)
Binford 6100 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:13:14 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2012, 07:35:58 PM by Binford 6100

one 100T Z$ bill inc. worldwide shipping ~1.03 btc
additional 100T Z$ bill ~0.49 btc
("Served 89 bills since block 99999")

one 1g silver art coin ~0.55 btc
set of two 1g silver art coins ~1.01 btc

as for the 1g rounds, they come in 2 types (look at the surface of B in the middle, it's either smooth of 'dotted'), can choose which one you want

I tried to have more rounds minted but seems like the mint won't make them anymore.

and how a typical letter looks like

"About us"
I've been exchanging the 100T Z$ notes since January 2011 as a hobby on and off (see long breaks in activity).
Last week I served my "100th bill". All orders that week got something extra included in the letter.
I offer this service in my free time as hobby. In the unlikely event I find this social experiment not worthwhile I will do my best to reply to all pending messages, update and lock this thread when stopping this service. If you can post here, we're open.

"Terms of use & Customer care"
This is a low-key, stripped to the minimum, mail service delivering ZWD bills accepting bitcoins.
they come from a non smoking household. Feedback is welcome.

"Other stuff"
I also started a thread about bitcoin on a post stamp here
the stamps are actually used for sending out the Z$ bills (save me the trip to post office and can drop off the letters off the working hours)
I will probably stockpile stamps to save me the time waiting at the post office. :) enough said, if you need to test your mail or just want to receive some hundreds of trillions of dollars, feel free to contact me.

At the occasion of sending the Z$ bills I resell the 1gram silver bitcoin rounds in small quantities. Mick accepts orders of 10 or more coins. I do also single coins and small quantities. They fit into the same envelope as Z$ bills so no extra shipping for the 1g coins. both types available. price hovers between 1/3 and 1/2 btc for a piece, check the weekly price fixing, please (last post and OP top).

"Noteworthy competition"
There is this 'other Z$ thread' you might want to visit.
they have wide variety of third Z$ bank notes and they use plastic holders to protect the bills (which I do not).
they claim to match any price in the forum so please refer to this forum when you order there and kindly ask them to match my prices.

"Personal data protection"
I do not qualify as personal data processor and am not subject of Directive 95/46/EC.
If you wonder how I store & protect your information, I do not store them.
All records are temporary and serve only to label the envelope and confirm tx.
After all is processed I delete those. I do it as a private person in my free time as hobby and as a pet (artistic) project.
I keep records of 'trade volume' for internal purposes but stripped from all personal data (such as your screen name, if I served you in the past or which address was used for payment).

my OTC web of trust rating

How it may work:
1, reply here or PM me that you're interested in one / more Z$ bills
2, I get back to you (hi, what's your postal address ... and send you a bitcoin address)
3, we're done with the order.

(*) 100 Trillion Zimbabwe $ notes are the default option here.
also available one set of 10, 20, 50 and 100 Trillion Z$ bills
and also some coins from Zimbabwe

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 12:29:34 AM

I will take one, I can send the BTC first. PM'ed details.

Do you also have the bigger 500 trillion dollar notes?

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
BurntSnow

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 01:11:50 AM

How much is shipping?

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 01:29:09 AM

PM sent.
Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 01:29:52 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2011, 06:39:17 AM by binford 6000

I will take one, I can send the BTC first. PM'ed details.

Do you also have the bigger 500 trillion dollar notes?

AFAIK the 100 trillion is the highest value used for the Z$ notes, this is the third Z$ (ZWR) and was in circulation in February 2009 (despite the print date on banknote stating 2008). We are talking 14 zeros here. the nearest smaller banknote would be 50 trillion, higher are IMO fake or do not exist. the second Z$ (valid until July 2008) made it to 100 billion z$ highest value (in 3 years). the first Z$ lasted some 25+ years but eventually also ended with 10 zeros attached.

as for the PM, noted & replied.
edited (added bits of info on 1st and 2nd z$)

How much is shipping?

shipping already included in the price for 1st banknote
(.60 btc is the total price for one z$ 100 trillion note, two would cost 1 btc, three 1.4 etc.)

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 04:05:25 PM

Can I buy a note, and a few stamps as well?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:20:14 PM

I would like to buy 1 as well if its available.

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:49:23 PM

Sure. The post stamps are issued by the Luxembourg post & telecom company and are valid for international letters sent from Luxembourg. not sure if you can use them but you can have some. They are 30 bit cents each (20 cents post stamp 10 cents for the custom image). Just PM me the numbers you want.

I will post the pictures hopefully tomorrow.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 05:01:56 PM

Sure. The post stamps are issued by the Luxembourg post & telecom company and are valid for international letters sent from Luxembourg. not sure if you can use them but you can have some. They are 30 bit cents each (20 cents post stamp 10 cents for the custom image). Just PM me the numbers you want.

I will post the pictures hopefully tomorrow.

PM sent!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Jack of Diamonds

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:57:28 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2011, 11:21:29 AM by Jack of Diamonds

Arrived very fast, good seller.

Can't say if the notes are genuine due to a general lack of security features (such as watermark) & low quality paper,
but I will assume they are. I only have smaller denominations to compare against.

Though I don't think the central bank cares much about counterfeiting at this point.

kgo

Activity: 548

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 06:59:26 PM

Can't say if the notes are genuine due to a general lack of security features (such as watermark) & low quality paper,
but I will assume they are. I only have smaller denominations to compare against.

Though I don't think the central bank cares much about counterfeiting at this point.

Is that a real security thread I see, or is it just printed on?
Jack of Diamonds

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 08:38:06 AM

It doesn't feel real. It does reflect a small amount of light though so it's not printed.
Then again the issuer probably didn't care much since they knew these would be virtually worthless.

You could easily make these yourself, no watermarks & paper feels as if from a standard inkjet.
There are no grooves, embossings or raised letters on the note either.

kgo

Activity: 548

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 12:13:43 AM

I'm happy to report that my bills showed up safe and sound.

Regarding the quality, status, I just wanted to mention that I ordered a complete set of these bills from a different source.  From $1 to $100 Trillion.  It looks like they switched to the printed on "security thread" once they hit 500 Million.  I've heard reports of people counter-fitting the 100 Trillion dollar bills, but never the complete set.  All the bills above 200 Million in my other set have the reflective but not embedded thread, paper seems to be the same quality, etc.

Thanks binford.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 01:31:43 AM

One package arrived safe and sound, and I am sure the second will be here tomorrow. It's a couple thousand miles further than that one... Thanks binford!

BTW, the one I had you send as a joke went over exactly as intended. I got a call from my mom (all worried) telling me about how she got an anonymous package properly addressed to her and my dad, from Luxemborg no less, containing a $100,000,000,000,000z$ bill. She thought the dethroned Prince of Nigeria was after them or something.
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:50:59 AM

One package arrived safe and sound, and I am sure the second will be here tomorrow. It's a couple thousand miles further than that one... Thanks binford!

BTW, the one I had you send as a joke went over exactly as intended. I got a call from my mom (all worried) telling me about how she got an anonymous package properly addressed to her and my dad, from Luxemborg no less, containing a $100,000,000,000,000z$ bill. She thought the dethroned Prince of Nigeria was after them or something.
lol

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 06:36:49 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2011, 07:50:07 AM by binford 6000

I'm happy to report that my bills showed up safe and sound.
One package arrived safe and sound ...

I'm glad that it works well so far.

BTW, the one I had you send as a joke went over exactly as intended ... she got an anonymous package properly addressed ...

You did not mention any personal note to be attached so I just packed the bill and sent it ; )

I use to write from: address on the envelopes in most cases but that day 5 letters went out and I'm a bit lazy when it comes to hand writing.
If the notes really take off, I might buy me a label printer or a stamp with my address at least.

anyway. fresh notes came in, exchange is reopened. thanks to the competition, I can rise prices again.

1st note 1.00 0.95 btc, additional notes .65 btc each

RandyFolds

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 09:32:50 PM

Received my notes today, well packaged and in perfect condition. Thanks again!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 03:30:01 PM

AWESOME! Got mine today and was so excited to see the letter come in with a Bitcoin stamp!

Is that a real security thread I see, or is it just printed on?

It is a 'security thread' lol

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 06:36:01 PM

shopping frenzy anyone? promo is about to end. more or less when I finish cooking (90 minutes from now) the .80 / .60 offer expires.

anyway even after the return to regular prices I should be highly competitive in the 100 trillion Z$ 'market', we're talking about 10 cents per banknote.

I sent you a PM an hour ago, I wanna buy 2 more Smiley
Got it?

Charlie

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 08:09:45 PM

I sent you a PM an hour ago, I wanna buy 2 more Smiley
Got it?

Charlie

Hi Charlie, I'm in the kitchen, did not check my online presence ... 2 more no problem.
You can choose the serial number if you have any preference. The new batch came with numbers 2352001 - 2352100
special service Smiley
I'll be back in half an hour or so, got stuff in the oven.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: