Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:43:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the safest way to store BTC?  (Read 4607 times)
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:40:38 PM

Hi, first post. I'm trying to make myself a paper wallet on bitaddress.org but when I go to print it out the private key on the right hand side prints over/under the words underneath it on the page. Help anyone? I don't want to use the paper wallet that my Blockchain wallet made me because when I close and reopen it, it's the same. This makes me think it's saved somewhere and hence not 'cold storage'.

I was following this tutorial... https://blockchain.info/wallet/paper-tutorial

EDIT: If the printout that Blockchain is giving me each time is stored then couldn't somebody that hacks my online wallet see my watch only wallet and then print out the same paper wallet for themselves from my account?

First, it is a problem with your printer. And reopening it is the same because it's the same address, bitaddress.org generates different ones every time. And yes, with blockchain.info it's "saved somewhere", since it is a online service and you are trusting blockchain to keep your bitcoins safe.

You can simply write down the bitcoin address and the private key.
NBWilley

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:26:57 AM

when I go to print it out the private key on the right hand side prints over/under the words underneath it on the page.

had the same problem...its the printer setup...at least it was for me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: