Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NooB Needs Support For 60GH/s Asic (5 LTC reward)  (Read 805 times)
B_ReaLm (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:03:49 PM

Hello everyone,

This noob needs some serious help.  I was one of the crazy folks that pre-ordered the 60GH/s Asic.  I finally received it in November. 

Nothing against BFL, but it's hard to get support from them.

I have installed the drivers from here:  http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

I am on Win7 32 bit, and using cgminer.

"cgminer" is not recognizing the unit, however Windows is recognizing it and says the driver is working properly.

I have seen posting to use a utility called "Zadig" to switch out some drivers, but this did not work for me.

Below is the error message that I get in cgminer.  It clearly says that I have a driver issue, however I need help fixing it.

http://i42.tinypic.com/e1dicn.jpg

My Machine:

Fujitsu Lifebook T730 i7 CPU M640 2.80 GHz
6gb Ram
Win7 32 Pro

Any help would be appreciated......and of coarse my donation for the help.  Thanks in advance.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
_rusty_

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:23:46 PM

remove the driver completely from the computer

plug it back in the computer
it wil reinstall the proper driver
reboot

download CGminer (test it with 3.5.. or something) and run with the following code

Code:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o pooladress:port -u userhere -p passhere

it's possible it's not finding the proper COM port so it's possible you will need to define what port it needs to run on.

another trick that might work (did the trick with me):
wait until cgminer is running and looking for hotplug devices, then plugin your miner

kind regards
B_ReaLm (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:03:40 PM

Thanks for the help.  I ended up put it on a new system and then it worked.

I switched out cgminer for bfgminer.  It seems to work better with ASICS.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:22:58 PM

I have seen posting to use a utility called "Zadig" to switch out some drivers, but this did not work for me.

I switched out cgminer for bfgminer.  It seems to work better with ASICS.

I don't think BFG is better than CGMiner, and it only takes 10 seconds to swap a driver using Zadig.

Run as Admin. Select "List all Devices". Choose the BFL device, and replace with WinUSB. Not difficult at all.

After that, CGMiner runs with no flaws, and is rock solid.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
B_ReaLm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:43:19 AM

Zadig did not work for me on this particular system.

@crazyates Yes...it isn't difficult dude......., but it didn't work on my system.  Glad you like cgminer.....I wish you more success with it.  Grin

I ended up switching systems and it worked just fine with the same regular drivers.  No special stuff needed.

bfgminer seemed to work better for me.  I can't really say that it's better really.  But with my BFL miners bfgminer worked better, and with my Avalons it's cgminer all the way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: