Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:48:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Shakin...  (Read 1825 times)
logansryche (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 12:37:26 AM

I'm curious.. BitCard's been up for at least 2 months and no one's bought a single item.
Thought gift cards and card related games would bring people in... still nothing.
Am I doing something wrong or just rushing it or... I would like the truth from the community.

-Matt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 07:08:14 AM

What, no comments?
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 12:12:02 PM

I'm not interested in sports cards etc., so I can't comment on those. Your gift card prices seem steep, though. ~13 BTC for a 50 dollar Ebay gift card?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 12:19:56 PM

I'm curious.. BitCard's been up for at least 2 months and no one's bought a single item.
Thought gift cards and card related games would bring people in... still nothing.
Am I doing something wrong or just rushing it or... I would like the truth from the community.

-Matt

Um.. 70 - 100% markup? I hope you're going to go across the street and get some condoms, because we should at least be safe if you're going to f@#k me, Matt.

Regards,
Jonathan

deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 04:21:52 PM

They're right Logan I think you made a typo with your pricing script.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:31:14 PM

I don't have access to a price updater script, but the prices are fairly accurate. The USD price is supose to be the btc price, plus .117btc handling.
I reset the rate since the mtgox price went back up again and we sell more then just sport cards.

-Matt
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 06:30:37 PM

I don't have access to a price updater script, but the prices are fairly accurate. The USD price is supose to be the btc price, plus .117btc handling.
I reset the rate since the mtgox price went back up again and we sell more then just sport cards.

-Matt

So 170 bucks for an itunes 100 card is a good price? Charging for shipping is like you having your way with me and finishing with a closed fist punch. Seriously are you insane? 17 years old? First you're begging for bitcoins so you can buy a gas guzzler, and now you're upset that nobody wants to pay you roughly double retail?

I'm sure you had grand plans all around, but I'm sorry matt, I don't think you will succeed by overcharging and panhandling.

Maybe bring your prices in line, with at most a ten percent markup, and you'll find the customers you are so hilariously befuddled by.

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:36:26 PM

So 170 bucks for an itunes 100 card is a good price? Charging for shipping is like you having your way with me and finishing with a closed fist punch. Seriously are you insane? 17 years old? First you're begging for bitcoins so you can buy a gas guzzler, and now you're upset that nobody wants to pay you roughly double retail?
I'm sure you had grand plans all around, but I'm sorry matt, I don't think you will succeed by overcharging and panhandling.
Maybe bring your prices in line, with at most a ten percent markup, and you'll find the customers you are so hilariously befuddled by.

I have choice words for you sir. Instead of bashing me for everything, help me and not put a perverted twist on everything. Only a 15 year old does that. And as I said, I reset the currency script to where it was before. What would truely fix this I believe is an auto-price updater script, but I have no knowledge of php or money to pay with so I guess I'm SOL. I could go in and manualy adjust the prices but manualy adjusting the prices on 150+ items is nuts.
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:41:05 PM

Ok. A script went bad and fubared you prices, the guy who got you back up and running would be able to help you with a script in the meantime set yourself to something reasonable across the board (7-8$ per btc) until you get that fixed. There is no reason to call names.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:45:01 PM

Well how the currency is currently set, is a 1:1 value.
Meaning if I enter .117btc as the price, it will show up as .117btc and now some skewed price.
So as per this till I can get an auto-updater script going, $1 usd = 0.124btc.
This was done when it was 8.0702btc per usd as per MtGox.
nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:48:19 PM

I think your site just need a few glowing reviews and a more modern site design.

I would definitely try it out but there's no Magic cards! Oh, and for the love of God please center your logo </ocd>
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:52:33 PM

Its like that because I want to add something to the other end, just not sure what yet.
Zen Cart is very new to me so I have no idea how to custom tailor one.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 06:57:05 PM

I have choice words for you sir. Instead of bashing me for everything, help me and not put a perverted twist on everything. Only a 15 year old does that. And as I said, I reset the currency script to where it was before. What would truely fix this I believe is an auto-price updater script, but I have no knowledge of php or money to pay with so I guess I'm SOL. I could go in and manualy adjust the prices but manualy adjusting the prices on 150+ items is nuts.

So answer the question. Why are your prices 50 to 100% above retail? Even at 8, the prices are outrageous. You want help? Ok. I'll handle your script automation if you lower your prices to no more than 10% above retail, otherwise I'd be wasting my time.

nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 07:01:27 PM

So answer the question. Why are your prices 50 to 100% above retail? Even at 8, the prices are outrageous. You want help? Ok. I'll handle your script automation if you lower your prices to no more than 10% above retail, otherwise I'd be wasting my time.

Something tells me he might not want help from someone accusing him of price gouging. What reference are you using to compare his prices anyways?
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 07:03:16 PM

You must be deaf, so let me clairfy. In Zen Cart, I have the option to set a global value for currency.
It is currently set at 1.000000000 this allows me to enter whatever price I want manualy, so right now a $100  iTunes card is 11.723 equiling out to 83usd, not some off the wall value you said. Yes, I need an update script to keep up with the price flux. I'll do anything shy of yiff to save BitCard and its rep.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 07:14:25 PM

Look matt, I'm all about bitcoin having utility like this, but you aren't being honest. Yes, I see that you changed your prices, but before the recent change, the usd prices were outrageous. Rather than continue with the south park references I'll say that it's good you made the change, and I would like to help you if you need it. I'm tired of get rich quick types with pie in the sky fantasies of huge profits ala bitcoin. So, let's get you that car. I'll help you with your site, and I'll put your banner up on my site for a few weeks, and encourage a few others to do the same.

Sound good?

Regards,
Jonathan

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 07:20:02 PM

That sounds like a plan as I too am tired of quick rich schemes that end up bringing down the value of bitcoin.
I see it as a neutral currency that needs to be slowly adopted into society so it can be accepted.
What do we do first?

-Matt
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 07:22:33 PM

That's what I'm talking about!!
Get it handled!!
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 08:59:10 PM

I wonder if putting up the dollar value, then use the zen cart plugin to process it as bitcoin would work.
Don't want to deeter folks from buying on the site either >.<

EDIT: Ok, looks like with the plug in wither I set it to USD or BTC, you still have to manualy pay the address in the confirmation email. Bit redundant, but it's all I've got. All I need from this point is a update script for displaying the currency. Until then, I'll leave the values as USD.

-MAtt
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 07:51:18 AM

I wonder if putting up the dollar value, then use the zen cart plugin to process it as bitcoin would work.
Don't want to deeter folks from buying on the site either >.<

EDIT: Ok, looks like with the plug in wither I set it to USD or BTC, you still have to manualy pay the address in the confirmation email. Bit redundant, but it's all I've got. All I need from this point is a update script for displaying the currency. Until then, I'll leave the values as USD.

-MAtt

PM me. I have some time. Zencart, right?

Get on skype or google talk. jro92024@gmail.com

Regards,
Jonathan

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: