Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open database of 300+ Crypto-Currency startups  (Read 1103 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:18:37 PM

Hi!

Me, and a friend that works within venture capital investments compiled a database of the companies we assessed together. It currently contains 300 bitcoin startups - currently the world's biggest database in terms of # of bitcoin startups - and we want it to serve the purpose of helping entrepreneurs and investors to get a quick overview in order to further participate in building a viable bitcoin ecosystem.

We want to keep it open source, i.e. open for everyone's usage, and contributions, and we really want all of you to be a part of continue help us develop this (both with updates and feedback). You can access it here: http://bit.ly/1aGxaLv (send a request if you want to edit and we will approve it). Worth mentioning is that many of the startups in the db are focusing on crypto currencies in general, and some also have operations that stretch beyond the crypto currency space (e.g. a couple of security companies with BTC focus), but they all have a significant role within the bitcoin ecosystem. Looking forward to hear every ones feedback

Best Regards
Ludvig Öberg
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 08:13:39 PM

Very nice. Some more history and links may be educational.

I can help in my spare time (admittedly, not much).

Still around.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:10:55 PM

Okay, sure what kind of links and what kind of history? Smiley
Thank you very much, together we can make this a great source of data!
//DeaDTerra
UberNifty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 12:57:12 AM

Got this project on the watchlist. Nice work!

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
silvercardbank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 01:50:55 AM

i really like your idea and enjoyed looking through all the different companys out there.
not many in the uk though... which is where i am at the moment making a start on my own bitcoin business/project.cryptocredit.co.uk and cryptocreditphones.com  its early days yet but hope to be listed soon with a new website and trading platform on cryptostocks.com who i thought were based in china not germany as at the bottom of their site have a line that says brought to you by the developers of vircurex who are chinese for sure.
 i like the fact that you can scroll through the data  checking out who is where ,then click the link to open a new window give them a quick veiw over then go back to scrolling the next all in one place.
anyway i hope i make it to your data list as a successfull company trading mobile phone top up voucher codes for bitcoin and most importantly vice versa   with a small trading commision either way . i find most of the companys trading are all exchanges or wallets with not much to actualy spend it on especialy in the uk when shipping from far away is so expensive .
i would like to see the data more catagorized/ localized so i can see who is selling what at least in my country and search by country or even province.
phone top up voucher codes are a needed product that most pay as you go customers use only because they dont have a banking account to set up a contract phone . they also find it hard to obtain bitcoin unless going to ebay using paypal and paying through the nose for it .
then they could meet up in person using localbitcoin which is a bit ironic  considering this  digital age with superfast digital money  .
i imagine anyone going to the local store to buy a top up voucher code and using that to obtain an equal amount of bitcoin  making derivitives of the comunications network a currency in itself that can  be exchanged on a platform instantly for bitcoin. no need for a bitcoin atm or a bank account .
just need more companys selling products rather than exchanging back and forth continualy speculating .
 think you done a great job of listing them all and i am sure this is going to be an esential part of the bitcoin ecconomy as it grows . all the best jasont

coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:50:55 AM

pretty nice. I think we should have a platform with crowdfunding build into it. once one has a list of the startups and is  able to filter the promising ones then funding is a logical step. should be all in BTC of course, and then one can build smart contracts on the platform. AngelList has syndicates, where one decision maker leads funding rounds. if a serious VC endorses a startup then some risk is cut-off (at least unlikely to be a complete scam).
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 01:53:06 PM

//DeaDTerra

Links to the startups maybe, so viewers can click them directly:)

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:45:39 PM

//DeaDTerra

Yes, links to the startups themselves would be nice.

By history, I mean launch date, first mention in an article or post, information on founders, date of closure, that sort of thing.

Still around.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:52:22 PM

//DeaDTerra

Yes, links to the startups themselves would be nice.

By history, I mean launch date, first mention in an article or post, information on founders, date of closure, that sort of thing.
I will try to improve on it from your suggestions,
I also encourage you to click the share button and request editing rights and help out Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:10:50 AM

Here is the link to the new site for the updated database.
You can sort and filter in this one Smiley
http://bitcoin.knackhq.com/btcdb
//DeaDTerra
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: