Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining in Space  (Read 455 times)
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:51:47 AM

The article is really interesting but I think here the concept has been overstated. There is nothing to be so amazed about it and above that I think this will not be able to give the desired optimum result.
what result are you talking about, mining in space can not have any results. this is a PR campaign to attract attention. if you think that mining in space is profitable, then I can sell you a small plot on the moon.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paruru123

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:47:30 AM

I would say they did a great step. And it's cool! But it's still not mining in space.
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:23:04 PM

Maybe it's very profitable. Because in space there is a source of infinite energy is the sun. This is very beneficial for those who mine because there is virtually no cost and the benefits are huge.

LangleyMccarty

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:06:25 AM

I think the temperature at that altitude is ideal for mining (It also bears the risk of the equipment freezing!). Now if only we could stick together a couple of S9's and hook them up to a little solar power generator in there... That would be even more amazing!
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:51:17 AM

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-mining-in-space-an-interview-with-miner-ones-ceo/
I was first doubtful if I will post this kind of topic since it seems useless to mine bitcoin into space, but after reading the whole article I thought that I will also share this historical even that took place 100,000 feet above the surface of the earth.

The company called Miner One has launched its mining rig called Space Miner One using a  hydrogen filled latex balloon. According to the CEO of Miner One "the goal of Space Miner One is to symbolically express our belief that bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general is about the future and the revolutionary technology at its heart: so-called blockchain technology. And with this new technology, the sky’s the limit.” And if you believe it or not it actually confirmed transactions at space, how cool isnt it.

I guess this even will be recorded in bitcoin history as the first mining rig to mine bitcoins at space.

Right, as long there are some energies available to convert, mining can be done any where.
if you can find any energy to convert it to electricity in the space, you can mining there too.
tatvuong7

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:56:30 AM

And as the CEO himself said, this is more symbolic than practical, but I think it's a historical event nonetheless.
Thank you for sharing it here!
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:12:15 AM

Before we begin to celebrate this record breaking project, I want to ask, is this project existing already or about to start? Because it's very easy to write a captivating whitepaper in order to attract investors.
tokenomics

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:15:27 AM

This article proves that Bitcoin really work wonders and proves its dominance in the industry and in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: