Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth’s Greatest Threats  (Read 2272 times)
Hairpin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:45:50 AM
Merited by Vod (2), krogothmanhattan (1)

A National Geographic article accurately describes the state of our planet through outlining the major issues present every Earth Day since 1970. Environmental issues began with pesticides causing death in bald eagles and soot darkening our atmosphere. This year, it’s not just the awareness of plastic use imperiling the earth that is brought up. Today’s worsening environmental issues are apparently, a culmination of all the groundwork humanity has laid over the past two hundred years. 

Habitat loss and climate change are the most pressing issues we are facing today, and one can’t help but fear the seemingly inevitable destruction of our planet.

I believe we have every right to question humanity’s emotional connection to the natural world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 06:24:54 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 01:47:28 AM by KingScorpio

in my oppinion greatest threats are humans, their fear, their greed, their panic, and possible assosiations that find together to reach goals at the expense of others. like bitcoin for example.

Heartbreakeren

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:38:49 AM

Environmental issues coupled with humanity's flaws certainly make us question the viability of living in a physical world.
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:00:08 AM

World War 3 could be one of the more immediate threats. If WW3 does happen then it's very likely it will involve some level of nuclear weaponry
Joker121212

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:32:14 AM

Soon, we will face the destruction. If this situation continues. The deterrent measures are too weak, the speed of technological development is not equal to the pace of waste disposal, human consciousness in developing countries has not improved. the government is weak
Idaujotaite

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:40:27 AM

I thin its an easy question: Environmental issues are the biggest threat, with humans making the problem worse..
actuealth

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:08:01 AM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

I am an optimist when it comes to the sturdiness of human civilisation. So, I think we will prevail over climate change. There's the other threat of warfare, but that too is diminishing by the day.

From my rosy point of view, the only real threat to humanity on Planet Earth is a rogue Asteroid impact. While several such objects have been mapped, there are many others that suddenly surprise us because they are unmappable. If one such large Asteroid suddenly emerges on a collision course with Planet Earth, there's nothing we can do. It'll be curtains for humanity.

Worse, this is not a question of 'if', it's more of a 'when'.  Hence, the judiciousness of our ventures into Outer Space.

kyra0018

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:47:41 PM

Environmental issues coupled with humanity's flaws certainly make us question the viability of living in a physical world.
I aggreed to that, Earth's greatest threats are us humans. We contributed the destruction of our mother earth. We should learn to protect and restore the life we destroyed.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 12:54:15 PM

A National Geographic article accurately describes the state of our planet through outlining the major issues present every Earth Day since 1970. Environmental issues began with pesticides causing death in bald eagles and soot darkening our atmosphere. This year, it’s not just the awareness of plastic use imperiling the earth that is brought up. Today’s worsening environmental issues are apparently, a culmination of all the groundwork humanity has laid over the past two hundred years. 

Habitat loss and climate change are the most pressing issues we are facing today, and one can’t help but fear the seemingly inevitable destruction of our planet.

I believe we have every right to question humanity’s emotional connection to the natural world.

I don't think Earth is any danger.  It will be ok with or without life on it.

Humanity faces an existential threat due to the exponential population growth.

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:57:43 PM

in my oppinion greatest threats are humans, their fear, their greed, their panic, and possible assosiations that find together to reach goals at the expense of others.

I agree with you so much. With us, humans use our environment in the wrong way cause these problems and these are just side effects on what we are doing to our world. As time passes, a lot of problems are appearing and all we can do is to just find another solution for the remaining and will be born babies in these world.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
entemeister

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:18:39 PM

The biggest threat is overpopulation. In fact, some other threats such as pollution, global warming and wars are a consequence of this. As if this is not enough, in the coming years we will be hit by a new global threat, the shortage of drinking water.
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:39:24 PM

a very important of the Earth's problems are the ozone holes, which are increasing every year. And mankind can not stop it.
piyaths

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:31:50 AM

I think the greatest threat is humans. they cut forests, put unwanted and harming things to the nature and keep them until to a limit of man can't remove.
kingsamosy

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:20:28 AM

Man kind is the architact of her problems, by our actions and inactions we keep making the earth less habitable for all.
brownaxe20

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:19:49 PM

Yes, you are definitely correct. Environmental problems are spread across the earth. Plastics all over some are too small to be noticed but are eaten by the yummy fish served at everyones dinner. Not only this but too many other pollutants as well.
amanda.higgins

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:49:20 PM

World War 3 could be one of the more immediate threats. If WW3 does happen then it's very likely it will involve some level of nuclear weaponry

Well I wish there is no World War 3. But I guess the new war will be mostly in the form of trade war and cyber war.
Countries attacking others electric grid system, bringing them down and
or cyber was is already on between the usa, russia and china.

This is the new form of war and this is ongoing.
amanda.higgins

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:12:37 PM

in my oppinion greatest threats are humans, their fear, their greed, their panic, and possible assosiations that find together to reach goals at the expense of others. like bitcoin for example.

in my view - earth's greatest threats must include population.
Its the evil for greed
If i agree with your analogy human have fear, greed, panic
then more the population is more the greed is.
asa naka

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 02:25:29 PM

For me the greatest threats to earth are the people who live in this world. They are the one who contributed waste to the environment which made it alot of damages along the ecosystem. That is why we have this what we called global warming and this happened because of the people that are lack of awareness about the importance of the green environment. And if we are not going to stop this illegal works into our environment then we may expect a more problems in the coming generation.
BTMgoMoon

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:38:52 PM

I believe that human unbridled plundering of all kinds of resources on Earth is the greatest threat. Sooner or later, one day, the resources on Earth will be exhausted and humanity will be destroyed.
Snake9999

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:51:57 PM

Human beings have brought a lot of pollution to the earth. Especially after the Industrial Revolution, human beings depended on the power of science and technology to create a lot of water pollution, air pollution,  in ancient times not so much pollution.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: