Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:19:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth’s Greatest Threats  (Read 2272 times)
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:15:12 AM

in my oppinion greatest threats are humans, their fear, their greed, their panic, and possible assosiations that find together to reach goals at the expense of others. like bitcoin for example.

Unfortunately this is true, I agree with this. The decades of exploitation of natural resources lay
waste and damage. The effects of industrialisation throughout the years has accelerated the
depletion and destruction of Earth’s precious resources. We are our own worst enemy.
It’s a struggle to even reverse the effects and we are running out of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El_rancho

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:03:45 PM

Earth's natural disasters and calamities is it's own way of balancing things out, it's a natural
order of things that tries to restore and adapt. War and the endless neglect of human civilizations
with mother earth has led to it's ongoing demise. People have taken this planet for granted.
Modernization and the pollution it excretes to the environment is our own making. Humans are
the architects of Earth's greatest threats.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:09:00 AM

We are the world's greatest threat. We have to act now and save our Mother Earth because if we don't care right now, OUR future generation will suffer the consequences.

From what is happening, the only thing we can do is to wait for the clean energy to appear. A lot of technologies can't be separated to our daily life and it is the same to most of the people these days. There are a lot of laws protectingour nature but we can see that most of them are not that effective.

I hope our world will not be destroyed by us humans, but from what this road goes, I think we really are.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Rubberduck59

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

NEM <3

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:16:25 AM

We humans are the greatest threats to the world. Having said that I think that climate is currently our biggest issue. In Denmark we've experienced record temperatures and had the warmest month of may in 139 years (as long as we could record temperature).

Something is really wrong and it's terrifying to think that storms, hurricanes and such are getting amplified due to the planet heating. Unfortunately I will take a lot to change and due to powerfull lobbyism it probably won't happen soon.
Go Thorium Reactors!  Grin

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Windrunner88

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:29:35 PM

I think that environmental issues are the biggest threat. The Earth's population has grown very rapidly over a relatively short period of time. Along with population growth, technology has improved in leaps an bounds! This has required and allowed us to produce way more than we did before. We are generating so much pollution and waste. I think this is the biggest issue we're dealing with, though I think many countries are already making great progress to improve the situation. I hope we will see good solutions to combat this threat throughout the world. I heard that McDonald's is testing non-plastic straws and they might introduce them worldwide eventually.
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:35:10 AM

We are the world's greatest threat. We have to act now and save our Mother Earth because if we don't care right now, OUR future generation will suffer the consequences.

From what is happening, the only thing we can do is to wait for the clean energy to appear. A lot of technologies can't be separated to our daily life and it is the same to most of the people these days. There are a lot of laws protectingour nature but we can see that most of them are not that effective.

I hope our world will not be destroyed by us humans, but from what this road goes, I think we really are.

I don't think we should just sit back and wait for clean energy. Resources are depleting and humanity is already threatened. You mentioned technology. I think that can be our only hope. Aside from space colonization, I heard virtual and augmented realities are also being tapped. These technologies apparently, can be used for life-extension. What do you think is the probability of the success of these technologies?
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:59:26 AM

Humans are the greatest threat to earth because all other threats are being caused by humans. We will be the one to destroy the whole ecosystem and make this earth inhabitable to all living things
Blanca_Gregory

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:12:12 AM

If humans could just be wiser, I think the earth would be at less risk. Too much harm and destruction is unleashed on this earth because of our stupidity. We attempt to get the most profit mostly without considering the consequences. I somehow believe that the planet has been placed in our care. So, if harm comes to it, it's our responsibility to fix it. But the reverse is the case. We are rather the ones causing it the greatest harm. So, in the midst of so many other factors, humans appear to be Earth's greatest threat.
breadwinners

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:13:19 PM

A National Geographic article accurately describes the state of our planet through outlining the major issues present every Earth Day since 1970. Environmental issues began with pesticides causing death in bald eagles and soot darkening our atmosphere. This year, it’s not just the awareness of plastic use imperiling the earth that is brought up. Today’s worsening environmental issues are apparently, a culmination of all the groundwork humanity has laid over the past two hundred years. 

Habitat loss and climate change are the most pressing issues we are facing today, and one can’t help but fear the seemingly inevitable destruction of our planet.

I believe we have every right to question humanity’s emotional connection to the natural world.

I don't think Earth is any danger.  It will be ok with or without life on it.

Humanity faces an existential threat due to the exponential population growth.

Thumbs up! The Earth is fine, the people aren't.
Oh, it just occurred to me that the Solar Wind is one of the major threats lurking in outer space, but again, it poses a threat to humans rather than the Earth...
Merritt_Baldric

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:52:21 PM

I remember a quote in the avatar movie where Sulley said: they killed their mother and they will do the same here. Definitely, it looks like we are good at destroying. The planet is really suffering because of us. Human beings have caused more threats than good on Earth. Even dinosaurs were not so terrible. From forests to oceans, we destroy whatever we find. In a way, we do it because we want to survive. On the other hand, by destroying the planet, we destroy ourselves. We cannot survive the destruction of our home-world. We need to find a solution and fight for our planet. It is the only place where we can live.
Honour423
Copper Member

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:41:30 AM

Wealth disparity followed by genicide.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:19:51 AM

The earth's greatest threat really is the inhabitants itself. Some of us are in denial of the fact that we are all responsibility for what is happening on our planet right now. Climate change, the marine life dying due to water pollution, air pollution, all of that are caused by us. Perhaps if we just took responsibility and start giving back by taking care of our environment then we can save whatever can still be saved.
Wizardbizari

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:58:42 PM

In terms of a human-centric point of view, the greatest threats include everything that can impact the life of human beings Wink
In broad terms, the greatest threats include everything that can harm the planet by destroying it, like asteroids, nuclear war, etc...
rsremove21

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:48:43 AM

one of the earth greatest threat is Climate change is first and foremost an issue because people can’t even agree on whether or not it’s an issue in the first place.You might have noticed that the weather’s been hotter than usual, or you might have noticed a drought in your area or conversely, unusual storms. and thats i think one of the threat of our planet.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:10:48 AM

The one of a sign I see clearly is the decreasing of butterfly population (In the major city of Indonesia). The environmental issues and air pollution become worse day by day. A lot of viral news in Indonesia about a snake that eating the whole human body, an elephant that been killed, and reptile that killing a human. I believe the root of the problem is the deforestation problem. The greed of the company and any centralized entities for their own profit hardly affect the environmental issue.

Earth’s Greatest Threats is rising of Islam and Muslim Population.  You can see it in whole of Europe if you read Voice of Europe and https://www.politicalislam.com/  very good and authentic information can be found here
It appears terrorism is the greatest threat facing humanity now.

You are all ignoring the basic fact of an environmental issue. This why the issues are hardly become solved, it is required a self-awareness and education about it. Its not completely the government jobs to solve it all, its need ourself to be able helpful for the world even it small things.
Gegege27

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:32:14 AM

I think is the Global warming. if the ice on antartica's melt we all suffer, because one of the cause of Global warming is the change of temperature.
Windrunner88

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:07:15 AM

It appears terrorism is the greatest threat facing humanity now.
You are really mistaken. Terrorism is horrible, but it is nowhere near the greatest threat we're facing. How about some statistics for you:
    – You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

– You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

— You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

— You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

–You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

— You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

– You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

–You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

–You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

–You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

–You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

– You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack
Source: https://www.infowars.com/statistics-show-you-are-not-going-to-be-killed-by-terrorism/

These numbers are for American citizens I believe, but they even include deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq. The number will differ from country to country, but not that much. There are so many more things to worry about than terrorism. The governments wants you to be scared of terrorism, so they take more of your rights away and distract you from their corruption.
UnknownTraders

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:16:10 PM

There's countless threats to earth but just to put a different spin on it, I'll leave you with a quote from Robert Swan who said:

"The greatest danger to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it."

It shouldn't be just environmentalists saving our planet, every person should do more. When we finally wake up and realize that war is not the answer, then instead of recruiting troops for a mandatory service of 1year +, every country could recruit young people to go on environmental missions. I've always believed traveling is one of the most awarding things we can do on this planet. If each and every young person were given the opportunity to learn and travel the world, while saving our planet, we could actually make a difference.
mbiticles200

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:01:24 PM

This has to be the the simplest question ever. Its definitely climate change. Care must be taken to actually circumvent this from accelerating further than it is. Countries and lives are going to be lost. Dependence on fossil fuels and other human activities enable this. Luckily, much effort is being put into obtaining a sustainable future through sustainable energy among a whole lot. Surely the future looks bright but will only happen if we all actively engage in it.
Windrunner88

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:58:52 PM

There's countless threats to earth but just to put a different spin on it, I'll leave you with a quote from Robert Swan who said:

"The greatest danger to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it."

It shouldn't be just environmentalists saving our planet, every person should do more. When we finally wake up and realize that war is not the answer, then instead of recruiting troops for a mandatory service of 1year +, every country could recruit young people to go on environmental missions. I've always believed traveling is one of the most awarding things we can do on this planet. If each and every young person were given the opportunity to learn and travel the world, while saving our planet, we could actually make a difference.

That's a great quote! Thanks for sharing. That actually reminds me of another quote. I think it goes along with yours. Google tells me the quote is attributed to Hillel first- century Jewish scholar, “If not you, then who? If not now, when?” People definitely need to think more about the role they play in the world. The mandatory volunteer service could be interesting. I think that Germany has some kind of option like that instead of the military.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: