Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:28:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EXCHANGE] Poloniex - Crypto Exchange with BTC/NXT  (Read 272208 times)
Mathiau

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:35:41 PM

I am concerned. I have some of coins in Poloniex right now (RIC/BTC/Ripple/Monero), but when i first signed up it did not let me choose my country, so I could not verify my account because the country field was blocked out, email to support - no response after a week, still.

Created a new account, choose my country, submitted all docs for verification, linked my old one and now waiting for verification to be done.

Problem is i can not transfer out ANY coins because it say it will go over my limit, which is 0 because their site is bugged and their support don't answer tickets.....

So much for my first venture into crypto trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mathiau

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:09:19 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 10:09:59 PM by Mathiau

As i'm still watching what they do, and what not .... i found this interesting site about poloniex.. IMHO you should take a look and if you fit in the presented cases, join that train:

https://suepoloniex.today/

I found that link within another thread about poploniex behaving shady as fsck.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1942358.0

Watch out and try to leave not to much of your money over there, it's not a really safe place in these days.

Hacky

Edit: P.s.: This link may be helpfull too: http://stevegrundy.blogspot.de/2017/06/poloniex-customer-service-how-to-get.html

I would question that site, https://suepoloniex.today/ any law firm / lawyer with a good reputation would provide their info on that site . the contact us form provides 0 data about who you are contacting, the domain is hidden behind domainbyproxy. I would say use with caution. Seems who ever made the site is scared about Poloniex finding out about who they are.

Note, as of Aug 18th someone is posting on their twitter

https://twitter.com/Poloniex
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:19:09 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 12:39:33 AM by Alphi

I am concerned. I have some of coins in Poloniex right now (RIC/BTC/Ripple/Monero), but when i first signed up it did not let me choose my country, so I could not verify my account because the country field was blocked out, email to support - no response after a week, still.

Created a new account, choose my country, submitted all docs for verification, linked my old one and now waiting for verification to be done.

Problem is i can not transfer out ANY coins because it say it will go over my limit, which is 0 because their site is bugged and their support don't answer tickets.....

This is what it says on Poliniex front page:

"Your funds are yours. Period.
Any funds you put into the exchange are only used to facilitate trading through your account. Unlike banks, we do not operate on fractional reserves."

As long as you have complied with the terms of service, are not under the age of 18 and not from a country where the US has an trade embargo then you would have a legal case for joining a class action against POLONIEX

I was in full compliance with the terms of service and followed all of the withdrawal limit rules, so if they don't give my coins back then I will be joining the class action against them.

I do not think the arbitration clause will be Enforceable under the law unless POLONIEX can prove that the delays were indeed result of technical difficulties.

This would seem extremely unlikely if withdrawals are delayed for more than 90 days so if it can be demonstrated to a court that POLONIEX was negligent, insolvent or even deliberately holding back withdrawals then it would probably render the entire terms of service agreement invalid.

I am not a legal expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know enough about contracts law to determine when a clause is likely to become unenforcable.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:10:09 AM

It's similarly fascinating and frightening to see how this former no.1 exchange more and more ruin itself. Glad that I have all my coins out of here.
1000_btc_winner

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:23:44 AM

Hello!

21 day ago I was trying to WITHDRAW my XEM from balance on Poloniex, but when i accepted WITHDRAW across email, rate of XEM was raised up and total amount of WITHDRAW was increased.
So my WITHDRAW was changed to "Complete: Error status."

http://savepic.net/9787575.png

In same day I wrote a ticket to their support, but nothing up to this day.

http://savepic.net/9785527.png

No answer from your support because I'm from Russia?
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:46:31 AM

I'm not sure that's the cause of the error. Once I accepted the withdrawal one day later when BTC was up and it still went through despite being over 2000$, that verification is done when you send the withdrawal not later.
Retired

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 09:01:17 AM

They are literally throwing a million dollar business to the trash bin by behaving this way.
Paractor

Activity: 274
Merit: 133

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:11:18 AM

It's similarly fascinating and frightening to see how this former no.1 exchange more and more ruin itself. Glad that I have all my coins out of here.

I have withdraw limit, so it will take some months to get my funds out.

Retired

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 09:20:28 AM

I do not understand limits for withdrawal of cryptocurrencies. Fiat withdrawals being limited is normal, but cryptocurrencies being limited is ridiculous.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:23:27 AM

I do not understand limits for withdrawal of cryptocurrencies. Fiat withdrawals being limited is normal, but cryptocurrencies being limited is ridiculous.

They're trying to avoid being closed by the FBI.
gerad09

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:26:27 PM

The poloniex doesn't answer to my ticket for almost 50 days ...

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER          FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM          ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Alphi

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:19:00 PM

This is what it says on Poliniex front page:

"Your funds are yours. Period.
Any funds you put into the exchange are only used to facilitate trading through your account. Unlike banks, we do not operate on fractional reserves."

As long as you have complied with the terms of service, are not under the age of 18 and not from a country where the US has an trade embargo then you would have a legal case for joining a class action against POLONIEX

I was in full compliance with the terms of service and followed all of the withdrawal limit rules, so if they don't give my coins back then I will be joining the class action against them.

I can confirm that my withdrawal of BTC was finally processed after 22 days.
It took just over 1 week for the ticket to be auctioned.
So if followed all of the rules (above) and you have a serious amount (thousands of dollars worth) of BTC stuck in "Awaiting Approval" then that's what you can expect.

My advice to anyone awaiting manual approval is, be firm but fair when you raise a ticket.. Provide only relevant information (dates, transaction IDs etc) and do not continually update the tickets with complaints, all that does is slow down the entire process for everyone.

Until they fix their support backlog, I won't be putting large amounts of coins onto that exchange and I advise that nobody else does either.

the golden rule is Always test deposits and withdrawals with a tiny amount first before committing the entire amount.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
Alphi

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:40:14 PM

The legitimate reasons for doing this are: to reduce money laundering and thefts from hacking.

If you had $100,000 on an exchange would you really want a hacker to be able to withdraw the entire amount in one go?
Many exchanges have been shut down in the past due to both of these crimes.
When an exchange shuts down EVERYONE on that exchange loses money, not just the individuals involved.

The illegitimate reasons are: to prevent bank-runs and also to help artificially inflate prices.

It's very hard to tell from the outside whether they are doing this for legitimate or illegitimate reasons.
All we can do is follow our gut instincts.

1000_btc_winner

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:44:50 AM

So in my case they don't want to answer me due to my location?
john_W

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:17:40 AM

Does anyone have a theory as to what criteria does poloniex have to list a coin ?

Alphi

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:10:25 AM

I have a feeling that it is based upon location, amount of money involved and whether or not you are in a position to sue them.

One of the reasons for the delay might be that they are prioritizing tickets of high value customers and people who are about ready to sue them.
So if they do that then everyone else gets pushed down the ladder.

This is just speculation of course.

gwty92

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:00:18 PM

Well I can confirm that "high value customers" aren't being put first in this situation (speaking from personal experience).

I've had a ticket open for 38 days now, with absolutely no human interaction. I'm "Awaiting Approval" on all attempted withdraws and myself and my family are beginning to suffer financially due to these recent happenings. I'm a level 2 verified user and level 3 trader. I've been with Poloniex for a long time, and to not be considered one of the more frequent users with large amounts of cryptocurrency stored is disheartening to say the least.

I've made several threads here on BitcoinTalk and I've even reached out over on Reddit, but I'm just receiving nothing back Sad

Ticket ID: #337772

I really hope that Poloniex will be able to resolve these issues for me promptly, because the longer this takes, the reality of having to re-mortgage our family home is getting closer Sad
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 12:27:58 AM

I have a feeling that it is based upon location, amount of money involved and whether or not you are in a position to sue them.

One of the reasons for the delay might be that they are prioritizing tickets of high value customers and people who are about ready to sue them.
So if they do that then everyone else gets pushed down the ladder.

This is just speculation of course.

Yeah, it seems to me, that it is sadly just pure speculation and hope/wishes ....

Because, as i stated earlier in this thread, as german citizen having legal contracts with them, i would be able to sue them..

But that makes obviously no difference at all.

The point about high-volume customers might be a bit more bound to reality but i suspect even that to be only wishful thinking as i read about high volume customers and actually get approached by some.... We're talking about holdings in the 50k$ US class and bigger.......

Professional behaviour is anything else than that. Sad

Hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
Mathiau

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:33:13 AM

Well I can confirm that "high value customers" aren't being put first in this situation (speaking from personal experience).

I've had a ticket open for 38 days now, with absolutely no human interaction. I'm "Awaiting Approval" on all attempted withdraws and myself and my family are beginning to suffer financially due to these recent happenings. I'm a level 2 verified user and level 3 trader. I've been with Poloniex for a long time, and to not be considered one of the more frequent users with large amounts of cryptocurrency stored is disheartening to say the least.

I've made several threads here on BitcoinTalk and I've even reached out over on Reddit, but I'm just receiving nothing back Sad

I really hope that Poloniex will be able to resolve these issues for me promptly, because the longer this takes, the reality of having to re-mortgage our family home is getting closer Sad

It sucks that they will not even handle long term people!

But to note, relying on crypto trading as your only / main source of income and only using 1 site is not a reliable life plan. Never put all your egg's in one basket especially with something as unpredictable as crypto currencies in their current state.
Alphi

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:34:10 AM

As I said in one of my earlier posts the only reason I can think for them delaying a high value customer that is not in a country with sanctions is an account flagged for suspicious behavior.

What is suspicious behavior? that is entirely subjective.. it could be the way you trade, the number of withdrawals, the ip addresses you use, something you said in a forum post or on the ticket, an email address that looks dodgy, not using your real age or name, a tip off from the authorities, violating some obscure rule in the terms of service.. who knows.

My ticket was #390XXX so I should have been after you. My withdrawal was in BTC, I do not know why they processed my withdraw much sooner than others. I am not a high value customer but it was a fairly large withdrawal so maybe I was just lucky or very convincing when I raised my ticket...

One thing I did notice was that the BTC in one of the exchange wallets was going down quickly for a few days and then it suddenly went up right before they processed my withdrawal. This could be pure coincidence or it could have been them delaying withdrawals to trying and prevent a bank run.

It's all just speculation I really don't know any more than you guys...

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: