Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:40:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EXCHANGE] Poloniex - Crypto Exchange with BTC/NXT  (Read 272208 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:02:25 PM

They froze mine and in order to unfreeze it and get verified you must agree to their terms which states that you cannot sue them. Nice Catch 22. I'm calling my attorney generals office during the week.

It is obvious they are trying to steal funds. They cannot legally hold your assets hostage unless you agree not to sue them, that is called extortion.

And to put a time limit under a month is ridiculous, they gave me 14 days. Well I'll see them in court and collect 100's of thousands for the grand they have held.

It's time for a Class action suit now, they really stepped in it with this email.

Whoever is starting the legal proceedings get in touch with me, I'm in and I have a lot more ammo than this on Polo.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:33:35 PM

i hope that you are not just talking. because I would like to see what will happen. has a case like this already be judged be a court?
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:42:58 PM

There are many of us who have already lost money because we cant trade. In the telegram atleast five or six more. We should definetly sue because what they are doing cant be legal.

Im just guessing that Goldman Sach is somehow behind this. This is exactly their style of making money.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-15/goldman-backed-circle-is-hiring-100-for-global-crypto-expansion
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:48:17 PM

they wrote that withdraws will be possible.

December 27, 2017
NOTICE TO OUR LEGACY ACCOUNT HOLDERS

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.12.27-Notice-to-legacy-account-holders/
On the date of the deadline, legacy accounts will be placed in a state where:

Trading and lending will be disabled;
Open orders will be closed;
Loans will have auto-renew switched off;
Margin positions will be given an 8 week wind-down period where they can only be diminished or closed. After the 8 week wind-down period, they will be closed;
Deposit addresses will be revoked. Any deposits sent to a revoked address will not be recoverable until the account is fully verified;
Withdrawals will remain enabled at the daily withdrawal limits prior to the deadline.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:50:52 PM

i hope that you are not just talking. because I would like to see what will happen. has a case like this already be judged be a court?

No I'm not. I'll be gone till middle of the week and will try to call then.

they wrote that withdraws will be possible.

December 27, 2017
NOTICE TO OUR LEGACY ACCOUNT HOLDERS

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.12.27-Notice-to-legacy-account-holders/

Margin positions will be given an 8 week wind-down period where they can only be diminished or closed. After the 8 week wind-down period, they will be closed;
Deposit addresses will be revoked. Any deposits sent to a revoked address will not be recoverable until the account is fully verified;
Withdrawals will remain enabled at the daily withdrawal limits prior to the deadline.

YES, thanks I forgotten about that. That is the reason  I started using them again. We all know they are going to try to blame KYC but they cannot use that to shield themselfs from suits.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
micromegas

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

I just looked at my Poloniex account, and it's not frozen anymore. Withdrawals are again awailable. I didn't made one yet, but the interface is back normally.
So, the verification procedure seems to work.
Folowing people advice, I used the file procedure (not webcam) I took a photo of myself with a paper with nickname, real name, mail address, date and Poloniex mentionned, and  my identity card. After 2 try, it was validated in a few minutes. So, there is hope. If your identity cards scan are clear, if your photo is clear with all details, you can get back your account in a few hours.

Anyway, those frozen accounts with blocked withdrawals don't correspond at all with what was announced. Here is a copy of what was indicated before. The withdrawal were supposed to be still awailable even when the trading and deposits were supposed to be anawailable.

As with any change, we understand you may have concerns about how this requirement impacts you and the consequences of not meeting this verification deadline. Here are further details on what to expect.

If at any point you verify your legacy account, full functionality will be restored and your daily withdrawal limit will be increased to $25K USD equivalent.

As a registered money services business, Poloniex is committed to compliance with all applicable law requiring identification and verification of its customers. If you have questions about these or any other Poloniex terms, we encourage a careful and thorough review of our terms of service and privacy policy.

- The Poloniex Team
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:08:12 PM

I just looked at my Poloniex account, and it's not frozen anymore. Withdrawals are again awailable. I didn't made one yet, but the interface is back normally.
So, the verification procedure seems to work.
Folowing people advice, I used the file procedure (not webcam) I took a photo of myself with a paper with nickname, real name, mail address, date and Poloniex mentionned, and  my identity card. After 2 try, it was validated in a few minutes. So, there is hope. If your identity cards scan are clear, if your photo is clear with all details, you can get back your account in a few hours.

Anyway, those frozen accounts with blocked withdrawals don't correspond at all with what was announced. Here is a copy of what was indicated before. The withdrawal were supposed to be still awailable even when the trading and deposits were supposed to be anawailable.

As with any change, we understand you may have concerns about how this requirement impacts you and the consequences of not meeting this verification deadline. Here are further details on what to expect.

If at any point you verify your legacy account, full functionality will be restored and your daily withdrawal limit will be increased to $25K USD equivalent.

As a registered money services business, Poloniex is committed to compliance with all applicable law requiring identification and verification of its customers. If you have questions about these or any other Poloniex terms, we encourage a careful and thorough review of our terms of service and privacy policy.

- The Poloniex Team

Oh nice, so you checked the box that says you agree to their terms that state you waive all your rights to sue them. Some of us won't do that, I kind of like my rights.

s0lidus

Activity: 910
Merit: 118

CryptoGames: Revamped Games, Multiple Coins

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:16:03 PM

Fucking lying sons of bitches. Good thing I never trusted them and withdrew my shit weeks ago!

WitoldC

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:23:45 PM

They also unlocked me.
There is nothing like a whole day of stress;)
Blazin

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:31:28 PM

I have attempted verification 5 times now, and nothing seems to be happening.  Angry

If my profile status goes from "Pending Review" to "Unverified" after 5 minutes, does that mean my verification failed or is that nothing to be concerned about?
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:40:43 PM

What happen to anyone who choose not to verify?Surely they would not attempt to steal users funds??

█████████████████████
micromegas

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:42:30 AM

I have attempted verification 5 times now, and nothing seems to be happening.  Angry

If my profile status goes from "Pending Review" to "Unverified" after 5 minutes, does that mean my verification failed or is that nothing to be concerned about?

It probably means the verification failed. Do you use a webcam, or files ?
catotune

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

Meow

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:07:07 PM

They froze mine and in order to unfreeze it and get verified you must agree to their terms which states that you cannot sue them. Nice Catch 22. I'm calling my attorney generals office during the week.

It is obvious they are trying to steal funds. They cannot legally hold your assets hostage unless you agree not to sue them, that is called extortion.

And to put a time limit under a month is ridiculous, they gave me 14 days. Well I'll see them in court and collect 100's of thousands for the grand they have held.

It's time for a Class action suit now, they really stepped in it with this email.

Whoever is starting the legal proceedings get in touch with me, I'm in and I have a lot more ammo than this on Polo.

I agree with you. I even tried several times over the last few months to get verified, and each time, it doesn't work - but I don't get any kind of email or explanation why. Then I get an email from Poloniex saying that my account is frozen.

This is unbelievable. They are holding my funds hostage, and not responding to any of my attempts to verify nor any support ticket. I cannot withdraw my funds and I cannot verify, despite dozens of attempts.

I want to sue them - this is definitely illegal. They need to be exposed. I am thinking of notifying news outlets as well as law enforcement. Are they based out of Delaware in the United States?
catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:21:35 PM

It probably means the verification failed. Do you use a webcam, or files ?

I get the same result, every time. I have used both webcam and files, and every combination of each for the identification and profile picture.
Blazin

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:41:58 PM

I guess the other issue here is that it is currently Memorial Day. I doubt anybody is actually working at Poloniex today. I want to know what genius thought it was a good idea to start these crazy requirements on the day before Memorial Day. This is just ridiculous!

Of course, that also means they are building up a massive backlog of support requests from people like me. This is going to take a while...

I'm also pretty upset that this happened just when I was going to exchange a big chunk of my BTC. It's stuck on Poloniex until they do something.
ConcernedCoiner

Activity: 200

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:41:57 PM

Here is a poll on Poloniex that you guys may want to contribute to.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4327496.0
catotune

Meow

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 12:42:56 PM

Here is a poll on Poloniex that you guys may want to contribute to.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4327496.0

Thanks - I voted!

Does anyone else notice this - when I log into Poloniex:
https://poloniex.com/profile/

It says "Verification status: Unverified"

(of course, even though I tried to verify dozens of times without any feedback or response).

But if I type in this address:
https://poloniex.com/profile/?status=pending

It shows:
Verification status: Pending Review

Is this just a bug on the website, or is my status really Pending Review?

Still no response to my ticket. If I do not hear anything by the end of today I will report them to the FTC:
https://www.ftc.gov/

They have committed identity theft (they have my Social Security Number and driver's license) and financial fraud (freezing my cryptocurrency). I will not take this lying down.
kal_21

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:30:26 AM

My account is still frozen even after submitting the verification details .

Even the Poloniex support ticketing system sucks

Haven't even responded or addressed it till now

service Ticket #962319

Very Poor service
onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:26:19 PM

It's gotten even worse at Poloniex since Circle bought them out. This closing of legacy accounts is probably a first step Circle "rationalising" Poloniex for either shutting it down (probably a good thing) or selling it on and washing it's hands clean of all the unhappy customers.

http://bitcoinist.com/poloniex-breaks-promises-forces-kyc-legacy-account-holders/
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:03:53 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 06:40:06 PM by Hueristic

I agree with you. I even tried several times over the last few months to get verified, and each time, it doesn't work - but I don't get any kind of email or explanation why. Then I get an email from Poloniex saying that my account is frozen.

This is unbelievable. They are holding my funds hostage, and not responding to any of my attempts to verify nor any support ticket. I cannot withdraw my funds and I cannot verify, despite dozens of attempts.

I want to sue them - this is definitely illegal. They need to be exposed. I am thinking of notifying news outlets as well as law enforcement. Are they based out of Delaware in the United States?

OK guys I have called the Delaware Attorney Generals office and they refereed me to the Delaware investor protection agency which I got redirected to voicemail where I left my contact info to get the ball rolling.

I am going to start a thread on this and will edit this post with a link to that thread and anyone that is interested can post their Polo issues there so that I have a list when I talk to the investigators.

EDIT: OK here is the initial thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4400856.msg39163811#msg39163811

Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: