Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAVE YOU HAD COINS STOLEN ON CRYPTSY?  (Read 4712 times)
n00ber

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:49:07 AM

No problem with cryptsy here. I prefer cryptsy than most exchange. Most complain about cryptsy is a lie and made by its competitors.

Just think this almost all complain about cryptsy is made by a newbie with 0-10 posts.  Smiley

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:50:09 AM

I have also had a ton of trading / balance / timing / support / usability issues with cryptsy .... just like any other site on the internet - use with caution and sensibility.  Every time I've submitted a support ticket, I have had a response within 3 days .. lol... however, at the end I did get a response and the issue was resolved.

whatsmynamehuh

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:50:57 AM

Yet another reason to consider trading Bitcoin at a reputable broker like TopOption instead of risking your money owning it
abit2slo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

I haven't heard about any problems with Crypsty before. I use it and don't hav eany claims about it.

duhosnyul

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:23:08 AM

I'm a trader in Cryptsy since it was open, no problem what so ever. Just don't trade with those scam coins and you will be good.

Energycoin. eD5Kv8NxNAgge58bbyJfZpANDDJg2G7uid
Freebiescoin- Free Distribution
FCsxVbuZzEekqY9q9voNZHps7fnqndRfuF
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:54:22 PM

No. Not stolen.. but i losted some coins in bad trade... Sad

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
AKAnotOutkast (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:54:40 AM

MY FAVORITE ---- http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cryptsy/delray-beach-florida-33445/cryptsy-paul-vernon-florida-pervert-poor-service-fraud-disgusting-practices-delray-b-1117982

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2685-stay-away-from-cryptsy/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=396371.0

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/06/withdraw-bitcoins-cryptsy-now/

http://www.coinwith.me/cryptsy-issues/

https://doges.org/index.php?topic=8541.0

http://www.1a20.com/entertainment/cryptsy-continues-to-have-deposit-problems-with-dogecoin-ticket-received-dogecoin-deposit/

Shall I continue?   No I am not a competitor. just a pissed off customer that had a very RUDE experience with this website.  I found 110,000 Hits on google for "issues with cryptsy"  NO OTHER SITE EVEN compares to have half of this amount of complaints.

Like I said, anyone that has good things to say about cryptsy is connected to it. Paul is a failure. He failed in th military. He failed at the DVD barn and the other web site he tried. He has been sued and properties reposesed.  He may have a good idea here and there but he deff doesnt know how to carry through and provide good customer service. crypsty will eventually fail just like all his other businesses. He is in it for the quick buck and from the public records I have found he has no idea how to manage a business or finances. 

And yes, I am new to bitcointalk, because until i dealt with crypsty I had no need to post on a board like this. A noob to the BTC communtiy I am not.

F U PAUL EAT THAT 7.32 XPM
dharmapuriharithaa

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:17:22 AM

Hackers even hack gmail account. One time one hacker hacked my email and drained all my liberty reserve money. Yes cryptsy  should increase security.

SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:19:11 AM

Hackers even hack gmail account. One time one hacker hacked my email and drained all my liberty reserve money. Yes cryptsy  should increase security.

So you've had your email account(s) hacked more than once, but you think Cryptsy needs to beef up security?   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

amandawhite61

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:08:42 AM

Okay.
dddbtc

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:17:33 AM

To say that crypsty is reliable after all the issues they have had, means either you are paul. Or you have some kind of relationship with crypsty. there is 1000's of horror stories about crypsty. look anywhere on the net for one good thing that is said about cryptsy - you will find 100's of stories of loss, thief, heart ache and just plain lack of customer service. the day that crypsty joins mtgox in the pits of hell will be a great day of rejoicing for all of mankind. May you and crypsty rot in hell.

I autotrade on cryptsy. I have never experienced issues with BTC/LTC withdrawals or deposits.  However, altcoin deposits occasionally take a long time to show up.  I don't understand all the hate.

My cryptsy account was registered to an invalid email when they force enabled 2FA after the attempted mcxnow hack, I could not access my account which contained over 12BTC at the time.  After opening a support ticket, my issues were resolved within 24hrs.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:55:30 AM

I am filing a small claims suit against crypsty for not making a honest effort to verify my user identity and protect my deposits on file on their system. I really dont care if i win or lose, but a trip to delray is in my future. looking to see if anyone else has had the same problems and want to help me force cryptsy to make customer relation changes. I am filinf within a week, reply and tell me your story....   

from my cryptsy support ticket .. "

yes, that is the ip address that also hacked my gmail. my question is WHY would you allow such activity?  why would your site CODE not stop someone from resetting a password and within moments draining the account, all from a IP address that has never been used to log in before. see this is what pisses me off, i was logged on when that guy (or gal) reset my password, and it logged me off, but i didn't realized it as i was on another tab in IE. 2 minutes later i clicked back on the cryptsy tab and i had been logged out. I didnt know why but i tried to log back in. but it said wrong password, which at the time i didnt understand that the hacker had reset it with the "forgot password"  email reset. , so i had to reset my password again, and was able to log in, and then noticed my coins were gone.   

So my question is, DO YOU NOT THINK IT IS STUPID to allow an IMMEDIATE withdraw, directly after reseting a password, and from a UNKNOWN never used IP address?Huh do you not think it would be a good idea to lock all withdraws after a password reset for at least 1 hour or until identity can be confirmed? do you not think your system is very weak in letting anyone reset a password and sell off ALL the coins and then change the BTC withdraw address, all while logged in from a never before seen IP? I MEAN YOU HAD SEVERALSTEPS IN WHICH CRYPSY COULD HAVE HALTED the action!

I mean, really? i think my 2 year old son could write code that would recognize that as suspicious behavior! ALL YOU WOULD HAVE TO DO IS PUT some kind of delay in the system, had you delayed that withdraw 5 minutes i could have stopped it. but no. you have demonstrated #1 a lack of concern, #2 a lack of responsibility, #3 a lack of common sense!

SERIOUSLY this is MONEY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! imagine if my (USD) bank aloud activity such as that, imagine how fast my bank would go out of business if it let anyone come in, flash any id that matches and withdrew all the money and leave. and the teller just said, 'oh, they musta stole your idenity, nothing we can do' i mean come on, if you are going to offer a , i will assume, professional service, on the web, to the whole world, don't you think you need to take the responsibility to make sure you handle peoples money professionally?

How about this, I know it was only $30, but look, it is the 4th time someone was able to steal coins from me, i have had paypal scam me, i have had someone lift a private key from a paper wallet and drain the coins, if we can figure out how to secure cryptocoins in some manner, they will never ever amount to anything main stream, i don't like using money that tends to disappear. So if your going to be involved in such a new exciting trend, then why not work to make it better? why no write some simple fucking code that makes you wait 1 hour to withdrawl your coins after resting your password? i mean duh?? how hard would it be for cryptsy website to figure out that if a user #1 resets a password, then #2 sells all coins and converts to BTC, then #3 changes the withdraw address to a new never seen BTC address, then #4 withdrawals every fucking dime, all while #5 logged in from a never seen IP address, = THEFT and stop or pause the transaction until you can confirm the users identity. I mean if your going to accept money and hold it in a 'account' then you suggest that you demonstrate the responsibility to handle that money in a secure manner.

NOW since i have made several attempts to get you to make positive changes to your services, and you have suggested that, there is really nothing you can do..... this is what i am thinking.... I really think i will just fucking SUE YOU for $30, plus damages, all on principle. See it all seems like common sense to me. And i think other people will see it my way. I don't think you have demonstrated an honest effort to protect my money. Now you may think i am not serious, you may think why would i spend $3000 in legal fees to teach you a lesson? well its because I think you need to be taught a lesson. I think you really don't know what your doing, business wise, I think you know some stuff about cryptocoins, but I bet you don't know much about legal issues and customer service, and a thing called implied security. You see, implied security is where my bank takes my money and I assume they are going to protect it. This is why i put it in a bank. I mean, i could leave my coins lay around anywhere and get them  stolen. But your service implies that you are making an honest effort to protect them. which when such obvious red flag behavior is allowed to go unchecked through your system, you obliviously have NO security. 

So now, we have 2 choices, you can work to correct this situation, or, I SWEAR TO GOD ON ALL THAT IS HOLY I WILL SUE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU. and I DONT CARE IF I WIN MY $30 back or not, I will spend $3000 to drag your name through the mud to get you to do what you should do. You see any good business would automatically take responsibility, and correct the situation to keep good PR, and it seems to me you could use ALOT OF GOOD PR. I mean really, I haven't found one good thing on any google search i have done, I mean there are litterally thousands of negative comments and feedback all over the WWW, hell just google cryptsy. goto the second page and start reading....

So do you want to fix this or do you want to set there and tell me how there aint shit you can do about it?

never got stolen but frozen and slow funds tes
RichG

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:04:01 PM

Had this happen to me before. I got all my money back, though. Thank the gods for 2FA.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:06:42 PM

This has never happened to me before, generally pleased so far with the service
This seems to have upset you, so you should ping their support but do not have too high expectations of redress

Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:49:22 PM

if you're not careful you can always be hacked... Always use the highest possible offered safety

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
postingthatsmypurpose

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:47:04 PM

Dude I lost 0.9 btc 2 months ago. Somebody stole it. That's my very first btc and some asshole took it. Im still piss right now
evansearle42

Activity: 366

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:08:43 AM

No problem with cryptsy so far other then delay..
AKAnotOutkast (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:22:08 PM

I talked to The BBB (better business bureau) In delray beach florida, they told me they have received 15 complaints this week of crypsty. All where with missing funds.  I also investigated and found that paul vernon (CEO of crypsty) has been sued 4 times in the last 4 years for lossing customers money, somehow misplacing it. From all the info I am gathering, it seems that these issues with cryptsy are not just some freak accident but infact the all point back to paul and his bad financial situation. Looking on public records database in delray, I found his house is in foreclosure. Looks like he is literally robbing peter to pay paul.

will post more info as I get it. I am making the trip to delray this week and hope to get inside crypsty and find out what really going on.

naomoto

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:10:39 AM

Its true they have delays and it can be frustrating and confusing when you want to move coins fast.
But they are constantly improving,  and their customer service worked well for me when I had problems with my balance.
verncoin

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:21:53 AM

lol ohhhhhhh the stories I've heard/experiences I've had...

Store everything you value OFFLINE, people!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: