Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:37:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GuildMiners launches internal testing - please help us!  (Read 1242 times)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 3009

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 12:13:20 PM

I'm proud to announce the internal launch of GuildMiners, a professional service designed to be marketed to the general public. Our "internal" tag aims at the existing bitcoin community, which we hope will help prepare us for our public launch.

GuildMiners consists of a custom mining client (not yet launched) and website that "hides" all the technical aspects of bitcoin, making it ideal for home gamers or people looking to work from home or make money using their computer.  The average user will sign up for a free account, possibly having been referred by a friend, and download our client. Once they enter their username and password in the client, the technical part is done, and coins will be mined and automatically sent to our partner CampBX for sale.  http://campbx.com  Future plans include an online marketplace where bitcoin goods and services can be sold.

Our pool pays you 97% of what you mine.  We then pay you 1% of the coins mined by users you have directly referred.  Additionally, we pay you 0.5% of the coins mined by users your referrals have brought in, and even 0.25% of the users they attract.  That is four levels of payments, and the potential to make a lot more than you would mining at any other pool.

My partners and I have extensive experience using referrals systems such as this.  Before the  dot com collapse I ran a similar service which boasted 80,000 active members.  Our advertising plan includes newspapers, flyers, internet campaigns and media exposure that will cater to non-technical computer users.

I understand that our service caters to the Bitcoin newbie and as a result may not be compelling to the technically advanced user on this forum, but I am hoping you guys will be able to point some Mhashes our way and help us work out the bugs before we release our custom client and start public advertising. Smiley

How to Help

1) Create your free account at http://guildminers.com
2) Enter your account area and select the "Miners" tab
3) Create a custom miner and start mining using your favorite bitcoin miner
4) Track your progress on our website
5) Report (here or in our forum) any errors or issues you see

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Furyan

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:36:44 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2011, 11:27:50 AM by Furyan (Guildminers)

While I realize my opinion here would be quite biased, I wanted to chime in and add some thoughts on why we think our pool has something different to offer the existing community, as well as the very large base of non-technical users that need to be enticed to Bitcoins in order for it to survive.

I'd say these are the important points, in no particular order of importance:

• When complete, our custom miner will lower the barrier of entry for the non-technical user to the very familiar point-and-click type of interaction they're used to (I know - we technical types tend to thumb our nose at such users, but they're very important!). We do this by concealing the technical details of how a miner works - no worker usernames & passwords, no command lines, no knowledge of the litany of switches for the GPU.
  • Though we take a 3% fee, the referral structure we've set up allows users to earn back FAR MORE than that 3%.  Even if you only earn a little back from referrals, This is one of the lowest fees of any pool out there.  The referral structure is a very familiar paradigm for many successful online ventures and so should appeal to the kind of users we need to bring in.
  • I've worked very hard over the last month or so to optimize the performance both of bitcoin and of pushpool.  Our pre-testing reveals a 0.02% stale share rate - my own rate is 3 shares out of 8,000.  This is the lowest stale rate of any pool I've tested (which has been many!).  This means higher earnings for you, your referrals, and your referral income!
  • We have partnered with the solid, trustworthy and well-known Bitcoin exchange CampBX to make exchanges of Bitcoins in and out of other currencies easy.  Our exclusive partnership with them means we're the only ones who can provide this service!

Yes, for the moment we look like just another pool - but I promise you we have big plans, and despite the falling BTC price, we're doubling-down on the future of Bitcoin!

We REALLY need a few good miners to help us stress test our system.  Are you up for it?  Come check us out!

- Your friendly neighborhood Furyan.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 10:58:27 AM

• Though we take a 3% fee,  This is one of the lowest fees of any pool out there.  
my pool offers the lowest possible fee, zero.
We have supported a lot of new miners - we dont believe in thumbing of noses.
sorry dont want the new miners you are aiming for getting confused Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Furyan

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 11:16:04 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2011, 11:35:46 AM by Furyan (Guildminers)

Though we take a 3% fee,  This is one of the lowest fees of any pool out there.  

my pool offers the lowest possible fee, zero.
We have supported a lot of new miners - we dont believe in thumbing of noses.
sorry dont want the new miners you are aiming for getting confused Smiley

I can selectively cut and paste too:

my pool offers, thumbing of noses.. sorry dont want the new miners

Cheesy

More seriously, I meant of pools that actually charge a fee Smiley I'm aware there are a few with 0% - but since we want to ensure we remain solvent, we need a slightly more reliable income than current generation fees and donations (I'm assuming that although you don't take a fee, you do keep the generation fees? There's no info on your website about your payment structure at all.)

Hopefully in the future once generation fees grow larger, we can just rely on those.  That would be awesome. For now though, total generation fees in a day are only adding up to 4-5 BTC/day, across ALL blocks - much less the ones your pool actually solves.. can't survive on that.

Finally, I don't want this message to get lost in selective cut and paste: I think the opportunity to completely eliminate the fee paid and even earn far MORE than that, by making money from your referrals, is a great opportunity for increased earnings.  The pool may lose 1 BTC on our fee, but you can earn back 25 BTC from referrals (for example), far exceeding the fee you paid.  That's part of what we're offering.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 11:33:12 AM

ok, your site says you are a proportional pool.
3% is one of the highest fees for a prop pool.
you put the bold bit about lowest fees Smiley
good luck in your venture
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 11:38:40 AM

For BTC sake, we do not need more new miners!
We need businesses who accept BTC. Stop hoarding and start spending your coin in real world!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 11:44:08 AM

We need businesses who accept BTC. Stop hoarding and start spending your coin in real world!

I understand this feeling!   The more people that sell bitcoins, the lower the price drops.  That is why our next project (after our Bitcoin directory launches this week) will be to build a marketplace that accepts bitcoin.  And I don't mean a bitcoin price that changes as the market changes - I mean items and services for sale for a set bitcoin price regardless of market conditions.  There may be a couple sites already that do this, but we hope to direct hundreds or thousands of new users to this marketplace to spend their coins once they are generated.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Furyan

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 12:08:23 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2011, 12:26:43 PM by Furyan (Guildminers)

Actually I'll agree, strictly speaking more miners isn't what we need, it's customers.  BTC business who have nobody to sell to still aren't going to foster a strong economy; both sides of the transaction are required.  If people are hoarding bitcoins, it's because they don't feel like they have anything to spend them on, or because they don't trust they'll be able to get more, or because they believe one day the BTC->USD price will be so high they'll actually be worth selling... but even then, if they're high enough value to purchase valuable goods and services, there's no need to exchange them to USD.  So we return to: they need something to spend them on.

We're hoping to bring in tons more customers Smiley And if they mine, too... well honestly that's better for the network.  Not better for an individual miner's earnings, necessarily, but certainly better for the network as a whole.  In our case, we're hoping to make that better for an individuals earnings, too, by offering the referral structure.

Re-democratizing bitcoin by having a large number of pools is the best thing that can happen to bitcoin, and that also means lots, lots more miners.  Which means more customers. Which means more BTC based businesses.

I think these two points - that we need TONS of customers, and lots of pools - are not talked about as much as they need to be. An infusion of new blood isn't only needed, it is absolutely critical to the long term viability of Bitcoin.

But, back to the original purpose of our thread - anyone want to help out with stress testing?  Want a 0.02% (mmm.. juicy) stale rate?! Come on over Smiley Every stale is an implicit fee on your earnings - even on a 0% pool!
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 02:29:39 PM

The fee is not 3%... It is 3% + 1.75% from the referral chain, right?
Furyan

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 03:21:29 PM

The fee is not 3%... It is 3% + 1.75% from the referral chain, right?

3% minus whatever you earn from referrals - we pay the referral earnings out of that 3%.  3% is the maximum fee ever paid to the pool.  Sorry if that was confusing.

In essence you can earn back much more than the 3% the pool takes for operating expenses by referring others.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:30:42 AM

3% minus whatever you earn from referrals - we pay the referral earnings out of that 3%.  3% is the maximum fee ever paid to the pool.  Sorry if that was confusing.

In essence you can earn back much more than the 3% the pool takes for operating expenses by referring others.

Thanks for the clarification. It seems interesting and I like the fact that my account gets immediately linked with CampBX, but there are lots of established pools already... Maybe you should try to announce in the newbies forum?

Anyway, good luck with your project.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 02:39:51 AM

Thanks for the clarification. It seems interesting and I like the fact that my account gets immediately linked with CampBX, but there are lots of established pools already... Maybe you should try to announce in the newbies forum?

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Thanks nmatSmiley

Because we are aiming ourselves towards the new bitcoin user, we didn't expect an overwhelming welcoming on this forum - we simply hide too many things us geeks like to fiddle around with.  Smiley  I posted hoping we could get some Ghashes from some users so we could thoroughly test our system before we start advertising.   Our pool is running normally, and you do get a proportional share of the work you do, so if you are looking for a change, please point some miners our way, at least until we solve a block and can verify our payout code!  Smiley

Just to recap:
Everyone you directly refer will give you 1% of their mining.
Every person they refer will give you 0.5% of their mining.
And every person they refer will give you 0.25% of their mining.
No limits on numbers.

Martin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: