Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:26:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binddingpond problem [closed]  (Read 1650 times)
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 08:48:49 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2011, 12:40:25 PM by cablepair

I am asking if the community knows anything about this site. I was selling some stuff on there, and one of my auctions finally had a buyer after over a month of not selling anything.

Well the guy sends the bitcoins to the address provided by Biddingpond - now they are supposed to forward the money to me
but this has not happened

both myself and the buyer have opened up support tickets and emailed them multiple times including PM'ng them on the forum

these guys are obviously ignoring me because Biddingpond was logged into the forum today so he is using his account.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

I know my buyer is going to be super pissed if he is out the 15.73 BTC he sent them.

here is the TX on blockexplorer:

http://blockexplorer.com/tx/2bb6a5889346c62834f01e6c08420eff99a133a08f9d91226f0a41af49870d5e#o1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viera

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Quality Services to benefit Bitcoin Community

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 08:57:43 PM

I have exactly the same problem.
Untill admins get up their asses and start doing stuff again (which is unlikely), I strongly suggest everybody NOT to use this site  Angry

Buy Minecraft gift codes here, just 1.2 BTC - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30914
------------------------------
Need help translating your bitcoin business or any other site to Russian? I'm offering quick, accurate and affordable translation services.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 09:06:14 PM

Wow, yet another scammer site.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 09:08:40 PM

Bitcoincashout.com is (or was) related to bidding pond. On the front page they have the link to it.  

On the link below is contact information.  It may help.  

https://www.bitcoincashout.com/contact.psp

pc

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:23:51 PM

I get the impression that the site was put together by one person, kind of a "How hard could it be?", since the programming to make a simple auction site isn't that complicated. But then, the person couldn't really make it a full time business, and can't really set up full-time support for a site that could be tons of transactions eventually but isn't yet. So, the author of the site is/was doing the best they can, but can't really continue to keep up with it in their spare time.

That's just my wild guess. I don't think it's a scam site, just a site that got abandoned. It's a shame, because I was working on building up my reputation there. But it's probably time to go elsewhere to sell my random stuff around the house, unless the site clearly has a significant increase in attention paid to it.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 03:36:16 PM

I get the impression that the site was put together by one person, kind of a "How hard could it be?", since the programming to make a simple auction site isn't that complicated. But then, the person couldn't really make it a full time business, and can't really set up full-time support for a site that could be tons of transactions eventually but isn't yet. So, the author of the site is/was doing the best they can, but can't really continue to keep up with it in their spare time.

That's just my wild guess. I don't think it's a scam site, just a site that got abandoned. It's a shame, because I was working on building up my reputation there. But it's probably time to go elsewhere to sell my random stuff around the house, unless the site clearly has a significant increase in attention paid to it.
Yeah, but now the site owner has extra bitcoins from these sales that he's not giving to anyone.  Site abandoned or not, he's now a scammer in my mind.  The same thing happened with MyBitcoin - the owner never responded to anyone's inquiries about where their money randomly went missing (before the big "hack"), so I viewed him and his site as a scam.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:58:56 PM

Well the guy sends the bitcoins to the address provided by Biddingpond - now they are supposed to forward the money to me

Of course, it's equally feasible that they did send you the money and you've decided to just keep it, right?  Is it clear now why anonymous currencies will never catch on?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 07:10:21 PM

Of course, it's equally feasible that they did send you the money and you've decided to just keep it, right?  Is it clear now why anonymous currencies will never catch on?

Excuse me but I have provided the address the btc was sent to and the block explorer link for the transaction ,  it's obvious that these funds have not been forwarded to me so please dont make accusations when you know absolutely nothing about what your saying
Tril

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:27:06 PM

support@biddingpond.com emailed me on Sept. 3rd in response to a ticket I opened on that day (not related to any auctions, just an issue with their website).  Today they closed it out - apparently done by hand by a staff member - because I did not answer a question they asked.  So they do appear to be responsive.  I can't answer to any auction matters since I haven't bought or sold anything there yet.
semyazza

Activity: 339

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:25:01 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2011, 01:39:36 AM by BiddingPond.com

Of course, it's equally feasible that they did send you the money and you've decided to just keep it, right?  Is it clear now why anonymous currencies will never catch on?

Excuse me but I have provided the address the btc was sent to and the block explorer link for the transaction ,  it's obvious that these funds have not been forwarded to me so please dont make accusations when you know absolutely nothing about what your saying

We are still here.  We also answered your support questions.  We answered your question in under 48 hours.  We suggest being patient.  When we asked for more information you refused to provide it and stated:

"Are you serious right now? You have so many auctions that you can't possibly find it based on the information you already have right?"

Along with other uncalled for rudeness.  We responded telling you that we will not stand for uncalled rudeness and that communication would cease if that was the case.  We then still offered to remedy the situation (if there even is one).

Additionally, you never sent proof of payment to us.  You sent us proof that payment was sent to an address that wasn't even listed on the auction page!  We have an excellent record.  Additionally, you threatened us via email stating you would take this to the forums AFTER you have already posted in the forums.  We are glad you did.  Please prove that we are dishonest.  We would also like to add there is nothing forcing you to use our auto forwarding service.  Go ahead place an address in your listing and say not to use the one we provide.  We don't mind.

We try to answer all support requests within 48 hours.  Sometimes it may take longer than that.  If it does we answer your ticket letting you know it will take longer.  We do this so you don't tarnish our reputation when we provide very good support times.

If you have a problem with the way our support is handled talk to us.  If something is wrong, talk to us.  If you think something is wrong WE DO INVESTIGATE.

Instead of working with us to solve a supposed problem and waiting for assistance you make a forum post in an area that we hardly check(we thankfully did today).  We have a BiddingPond thread in the marketplace you could have posted (notice we didn't say should).  Instead you contacted us via our ticketing system(that was a good start) but then began to verbally abuse us and not wait a reasonable time for assistance.

We have nothing more to say on this issue besides your ticket is still open and you know how to use the system as is evident by your rude responses.
semyazza

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:31:36 AM

I have exactly the same problem.
Untill admins get up their asses and start doing stuff again (which is unlikely), I strongly suggest everybody NOT to use this site  Angry

Did you contact us to open a support ticket?
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:53:12 AM

FWIW, the guys at biddingpond and bitcoincashout have been around for a long time and as far as I am concerned are respected members of the community. I have done business with them for quite some time and I would be shocked to learn of them taking advantage of anyone. It just doesn't fit their character or business practices. I am confident they will work out your issue.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 08:13:29 AM

FWIW, the guys at biddingpond and bitcoincashout have been around for a long time and as far as I am concerned are respected members of the community. I have done business with them for quite some time and I would be shocked to learn of them taking advantage of anyone. It just doesn't fit their character or business practices. I am confident they will work out your issue.
Didn't they recently get bought out?  Or am I thinking of someone else?
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 12:39:46 PM

listen I am sorry for my "rudeness" but if you want to stay in business I suggest you not tell customers you will "cease to communicate with them further" because they say something you don't like.

Besides anyone would be super pissed.

Your auction site has hardly ANY business at all. In fact you stated yourself that "there was only one auction that sold that day"

and after I send you three emails, open up a support ticket and send you a PM on the forums
almost 3 days go buy
and FINALLY YOU RESPOND, KNOW WHAT HIS RESPONSE WAS?

Hello,

Please supply the auction number so we may investigate.

Regards,

Justin

of course I was super pissed, you could of easily just looked up the auction I was talking about, but instead you give me this bull crap line, just to delay things further.

you need to get off  your high horse and treat customers with at least enough respect to pay attention to their concerns especially since your doing such little business that my auction was the only one that sold on that day.

The problem to begin with was that your site has ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION AT ALL on how your site works, on what happens after a sale is made. There is nothing at all.

In fact your site recommends people use Clear Coin for transactions and Clear Coin does not even exist?

so here we are I completed a sale and your site has zero information on what to do next. The buyer sent his coins to an address that you provided him, with no instructions on what to do next!?

Now check this out. you say that it is our option to have you forward the coins to us. now why does it not give us any other option on your website?

If you dont want customers like me to get pissed off then please provide some kind of information on your site about how things work
dude your attitude is totally screwed up you act like we should be grateful to be customers of your site,

you really need to re-evaluate the way you do things if you want this site to succeed.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2011, 12:54:20 PM

update

The buyer is apparently working with these guys to get his money back

You can bet I wont be using this site anymore. You can say whatever you want Justin but businesses that treat their customers like this do not last, especially fragile bitcoin businesses.

good luck.
semyazza

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 09:26:12 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 09:55:15 AM by BiddingPond.com

listen I am sorry for my "rudeness" but if you want to stay in business I suggest you not tell customers you will "cease to communicate with them further" because they say something you don't like.

Besides anyone would be super pissed.

Your auction site has hardly ANY business at all. In fact you stated yourself that "there was only one auction that sold that day"

and after I send you three emails, open up a support ticket and send you a PM on the forums
almost 3 days go buy
and FINALLY YOU RESPOND, KNOW WHAT HIS RESPONSE WAS?

Hello,

Please supply the auction number so we may investigate.

Regards,

Justin

of course I was super pissed, you could of easily just looked up the auction I was talking about, but instead you give me this bull crap line, just to delay things further.

you need to get off  your high horse and treat customers with at least enough respect to pay attention to their concerns especially since your doing such little business that my auction was the only one that sold on that day.

The problem to begin with was that your site has ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION AT ALL on how your site works, on what happens after a sale is made. There is nothing at all.

In fact your site recommends people use Clear Coin for transactions and Clear Coin does not even exist?

so here we are I completed a sale and your site has zero information on what to do next. The buyer sent his coins to an address that you provided him, with no instructions on what to do next!?

Now check this out. you say that it is our option to have you forward the coins to us. now why does it not give us any other option on your website?

If you dont want customers like me to get pissed off then please provide some kind of information on your site about how things work
dude your attitude is totally screwed up you act like we should be grateful to be customers of your site,

you really need to re-evaluate the way you do things if you want this site to succeed.

Understanding that this issue is closed as we are working with the buyer to see what happened.  I would like to clarify your misinformation.  We apologize to others for this long post but, it is necessary to correct the lies.

1)"and after I send you three emails, open up a support ticket and send you a PM on the forums almost 3 days go buy..."
-- The short answer:
All of your contacts were within 48 hours of each other. Additionally you were notified within 10 minutes of opening a ticket that we received your support request.  We additionally answered with a non-automated message within 24 hours of the support request being opened.

The long answer:
Support ticket was opened on Wed, Sep 7 2011 12:40pm.  Response to support ticket sent on Thu, Sep 8 2011 5:03pm.  E-mail was sent on Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:13 PM.  E-mail was read sometime on Sep 7.  During the day it was realized you had opened a support ticket and information was merged.  You were notified on Wed, Sep 7 2011 12:45pm via e-mail that a ticket was opened.  On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM you were notified once again, in case you did not receive the other e-mails, of the support information and how to access the ticketing system.  Forum message was sent on September 07, 2011, 05:10:27 PM.  No record of replying to that as we probably did not due to our previous communication.

2) "there was only one auction that sold that day"
-- Please do not make up things we did not say:
"...the only $100 money pack auction we have closed in the last 72 hours is auction ID#979." is the correct quote.

3) When you send the following message is it not appropriate to ask for more information?:
-- "Hello I sold an item yesterday, someone bought $100 moneypak for 15.73 bitcoin, the buyer says he paid the auction, which I assume went to biddingpond, how do I go about getting these coins so I can complete the transaction?
thank you. "

4)  Who is delaying things when we ask for information and you send the following reply?
-- "Are you serious right now?
You have so many auctions that you can't possibly find it based on the information you already have right?

Please don't patronize me , my Userid on your site is coinsforcash I sold a $100 moneypak and the user paid the 15.73 btc to the address you provided him on 09/06 I already sent you the block explorer proof that this was paid . Please forward the coins to my address I listed on my account immediately .
Thank you. "

5) "The buyer sent his coins to an address that you provided him, with no instructions on what to do next!?"
-- This has yet to be determined.  Additionally, if the payment was sent to the auction address you would have received it automatically at your given payment address.  There is no need to inform the buyer of that as it is seamless when they send it to the address in the auction.  This is further explained to the seller multiple times in multiple areas on the site.

6)"Now check this out. you say that it is our option to have you forward the coins to us. now why does it not give us any other option on your website?"
-- Just tell buyers in the auction description the appropriate address to send to.

7)"In fact your site recommends people use Clear Coin for transactions and Clear Coin does not even exist?"
-- Thank you for that information we will be correcting the message that we missed.

Cool"If you dont want customers like me to get pissed off..."
-- We do not want customers like you.  We are also positive with an attitude like this selling online that your feedback profile would eventually reflect this.

9) "you really need to re-evaluate the way you do things if you want this site to succeed" and "You can bet I wont be using this site anymore"
-- Thank you for your input.  Please don't, your account has already been disabled.

10) "..dude your attitude is totally screwed up you act like we should be grateful to be customers of your site.."
-- We are grateful for every good mannered, honest, fair and patient member of our site.  We do not have customers, we have members of a selling and buying community that we are very grateful to have.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 12:19:35 PM

well it's pretty obvious to anyone who takes a look at your pathetic site why it is failing. So I am not going to waste my time pointing it out, as a online business your site is a joke and your a clown.

9) "you really need to re-evaluate the way you do things if you want this site to succeed" and "You can bet I wont be using this site anymore"
-- Thank you for your input.  Please don't, your account has already been disabled.

Do you really think its ethical to disable someone's account solely based on the fact that you don't like them? or that they said something you don't like?

Wow so this is what Bitcoin is about, its not about freedom at all.

You better watch what you say guys! If you piss off the wrong person your not allowed to use their sites! Damn when did Bitcoin start to feel like a dictatorship?

You my friend are A PERFECT EXAMPLE of what is wrong with the Bitcoin world and why your average person feels completely alienated from and unwelcome in the Bitcoin community.

I tell you man, people are getting really sick of this Bitcoin elitist superiority complex disease that is going around. It's the reason forums are getting hacked and the reason values are low as ever.

semyazza

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 02:30:51 PM

well it's pretty obvious to anyone who takes a look at your pathetic site why it is failing. So I am not going to waste my time pointing it out, as a online business your site is a joke and your a clown.

-- Thank you for your input.  Please don't, your account has already been disabled.

Do you really think its ethical to disable someone's account solely based on the fact that you don't like them? or that they said something you don't like?

You better watch what you say guys! If you piss off the wrong person your not allowed to use their sites! Damn when did Bitcoin start to feel like a dictatorship?

You my friend are A PERFECT EXAMPLE of what is wrong with the Bitcoin world and why your average person feels completely alienated from and unwelcome in the Bitcoin community.

I tell you man, people are getting really sick of this Bitcoin elitist superiority complex disease that is going around. It's the reason forums are getting hacked and the reason values are low as ever.

Quoted for preservation.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 03:31:07 PM

Quoted for preservation.

Quoted for preservation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: