Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:34:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people play Minecraft?  (Read 5625 times)
Minsc (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 11:14:07 PM

Graphics are terrible.  I don't see any gameplay, just some boring world design stuff that's so tedious and dull, then you just explore a boring world with horrible graphics, including a square sun.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 11:29:50 PM

Graphics are terrible.  I don't see any gameplay, just some boring world design stuff that's so tedious and dull, then you just explore a boring world with horrible graphics, including a square sun.

They enjoy it. Why else would they play it? Why do you hate chocolate and some people love it? They just do.

Richard Rahl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 11:32:57 PM

It's alot like Legos.

I love it. Graphics are meaningless, so long that the gameplay is there and is conveyed properly with the graphics given. In the case of Minecraft, the graphics are part of the gameplay.

The entire premise of the game is to build stuff and to survive. If you don't like that, then you probably won't like Minecraft.

It's best to get private on a server with a couple friends.

Last night, I built a lava moat around my house to protect me from creepers..... in retrospect I probably shouldn't have built it out of wood.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2eyjdhs.png

Poor house. Sad
A buddy of mine came over and helped me rebuild it and build the moat to where it was safe.

Still.... poor house. Sad
Exonumia

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:26:15 AM

Graphics are terrible.

It's pixelated goodness!

There are some mods that make games in the worlds... but it's more of a retro fun thing.

joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:33:54 AM

Graphics are terrible.  I don't see any gameplay, just some boring world design stuff that's so tedious and dull, then you just explore a boring world with horrible graphics, including a square sun.

Have you tried?

well besides you can build a functionin computer in there, most of the gameplay is hard to explain. You decide to give the game a go, and you sit there just clearing out a flat area, to make a stupid simple house and next thing you know the cops are breaking down your door, cause no one has seen you for a month and you try to show them the cooler aspects of your house and they think you are a man from 1999 and dont care that you finally found your first diamond

mooo for rent
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:32:40 PM

yea personally its not for me.. just don't think I could get into it..
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 11:10:31 PM

"Cuz it's fun. You build stuff. You kill stuff."
 - my kid

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 11:48:13 PM

two words: adult legos.

thats the way i look at it, anyways....and i fucking loved legos as a kid..... (still do actually) lucky for me both my kids love legos too, so i still get to play with them Smiley
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 02:16:43 AM

Have you tried?

well besides you can build a functionin computer in there, most of the gameplay is hard to explain. You decide to give the game a go, and you sit there just clearing out a flat area, to make a stupid simple house and next thing you know the cops are breaking down your door, cause no one has seen you for a month and you try to show them the cooler aspects of your house and they think you are a man from 1999 and dont care that you finally found your first diamond

Pretty much this.  It's virtual legos and the most addictive game I've ever played.  Totally free sandbox game with a nearly unlimited world is what a lot of us dreamed of as kids, now we're finally got it.  It's actually the only video game I play.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 05:58:26 PM

yea personally its not for me.. just don't think I could get into it..

i said the same thing many times.. i even tried it a couple of times and said WTF is the point. People say graphics dont matter as long as game play is good, well I couldnt even find the game play the first few times I played.

mooo for rent
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 06:41:24 AM

I am the only one in my group of friends that plays this game. "Why?", they ask. Because my gaming rig is mining 24/7 and all I have is my eeePC. If I make money and enjoy doing it, why not?

Jessica

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:14:15 AM

Minecraft is fun. Everybody loves blocks. Especially hundreds of different blocks with different uses. And suns and people and creepers made of blocks. Anyone want a cheap account, PM me.
btcmerchant

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

btcmerchant

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:09:33 AM

I like the survival/adventure aspect of it.  Doing adventure maps is really fun and it's cool to just start on remote island and do everything you can to survive.
kuzetsa

Activity: 369

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 09:43:54 PM

Minecraft is fun.

... agreed.

@Jessica: do you still play?
legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 09:47:57 PM

Everyone interested in Minecraft should check out Latura. It is being made by the developers of EvilMineCraft (Which was a mod).

They are bringing a lot to the table.

http://www.latura.net/

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Ivica

Activity: 218

Firstbits: 19e3fc

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 10:34:14 PM

I for one don't play Minecraft. I prefer Dwarf Fortress. Wink

Minecraft is your old-new digital lego. Though it's get boring after a while, if you play alone.

19e3fcoLTu8YVFAU1NywJ88YnHH5kF8ScP - donations are welcome.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 10:36:23 PM

This is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5fS4RF3ht0

Also, get Tekkit

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
kuzetsa

Activity: 369

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 10:54:58 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2012, 06:44:34 PM by kuzetsa

This is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5fS4RF3ht0

Also, get Tekkit

Ah yeah. Cool stuff.

Tekkit is just Bukkit server plugin engine with Technic pack overlaid. Formerly technic was just industrialcraft + buildcraft and not much else.

Sadly, now it contains eloraam's "redpower" which I can't stand. (( if only because on a personal level, eloraam can make developing minecraft mods and features as unpleasant as working with luke here in the bitcoin community ))

I for one don't play Minecraft. I prefer Dwarf Fortress. Wink

Minecraft is your old-new digital lego. Though it's get boring after a while, if you play alone.

Yeah, it's much better multiplayer. The "whitelist only" server I'm on typically has 3-20 people on (depending on what time of day)

@Ivica omg omg omg omg damn you. I want to steal that avatar idea SOO BAD. Was it your own design if I might ask? For mine I might do something like this:

Stop Motion Rubik's Cube

Love the song. I have more stuff by them. They're called "the postal service" / "such great heights"is the song in question Smiley
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 11:16:03 PM

Here's my take:

When we were kids, most of us probably wanted to build stuff in one way or another, whether it was an obsession, or just a lazy-day idea. Minecraft makes it possible for us to build anything with only the limits of our imaginations and the "blocks" available to us. (Lego) So if we can build a house a hundred stories high, and then burn it down with nothing lost except time, why not do it?

Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 11:23:06 PM

Minecraft is simply the best game I've ever played. I've been resisting it for the long time because of ugly graphics, but after I started plying, I realized that it's actually part of the game.

For those who like survival mod and are fans of post-apo, try PAS-HC server http://pashc.zapto.org/. There are mods like BuildCraft, Forestry and many others... also, HC in the name means everything is allowed there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: