Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:59:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 [5276] 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722494 times)
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 01:07:33 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 01:51:50 AM by Macrochip

Check my signature for some perspective and a little exposition of our beloved house troll aSSRAPER.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that this "DrDeepWeb" is an undercover troll. He keeps regurgitating the same point over and over back at dashtalk in that thread ignoring any explanations given. Plus: No one is "sweeping" anything "under the rug". The bugmine has been explained trillions of times by now.

Edit: Troll #2 also exposed. Definitely worthy a repost:

A little lunchtime tail.

Trolls these days (had to make my own version with bottles and gun Grin ):

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 01:11:43 AM

If you check bitcoins early history the same shit was happening with people pissed off about satoshi's HUGE stash of coins from early on...Saying it was a massive risk if he decides to dump one day, its centralized, unfair etc etc. There was a period where trolls harped on about this for months and months much more than Dash. We have 2-3 main trolls...they had what seemed like hundreds.

End result...no one gives a shit now. Those trolls could have bought thousands of Dash on exchanges for pittance early on....everyone had the same opportunity. Some people did something about it, others chose to ignore.

Get the PR & Marketing going and this will be a thing of the past.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:03:02 AM

Dash Biweekly Digest - 9th October, 2015

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-biweekly-digest-9th-october-2015.6374/

moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 05:08:19 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 06:21:11 AM by moocowmoo

dashman version 0.1.9 released

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

Added new (beta) command "dashman vote"
 - automates vote submission
 - randomizes vote timestamps up to one day in the past to help disassociate ownership
 - requires:
    - dash-cli in $PATH
    - masternode.conf in $HOME/.dash
    - python 2

This is a beta release.
Worst case it crashes harmlessly, but let me know and I'll push fixes.
For now, it only submits votes. It doesn't know anything about previously submitted votes.
The network only accepts "YES" and "NO" votes, selecting "ABSTAIN" simply doesn't do anything and will not affect a previously cast vote.
This may change in the future to allow for removing a previously cast vote from the network.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:20:23 AM

Amsterdam Meet-up

I am sitting at the airport in Amsterdam right now waiting to go relax for a few days after a very productive Dash work week in Amsterdam and I thought this would be the perfect time to share my experience with the community. It was a really positive and reassuring experience to meet face to face with people and present about Dash.  Everyone was incredibly receptive to what we had to say and there is a lot of interest in what we are doing.

It was reassuring to confirm that networking and doing business in crypto works just like in any other vertical I have participated in the past and has nothing to do with forum discussions. Also working in real life for Dash is extremely effective when done in the right context, it felt really good so we want to do a lot more conferences and meet-ups over the next year.  Face to face contact with people interested in the industry has no comparison with any forum interaction, my conclusion is that the forum can have two negative side effects, either it can give you a false sensation of progress because there may be a wave of community interaction with no real impact on the outside world or it can give a false sense of worry due to all the noise and amplify issues like "trolls" which have no impact in the real world either.

When you meet face to face with people from the industry they want to know if you have a sustainable business model that could work and how you are creating value for users. Areas like governance and funding seem to resonate the most with people that are trying to determine whether we have a long term chance of being successful or not.

All we have to do is continue to focus on creating value for end users and building a platform people want to use because it solves real needs beyond any speculative interest. That is the ultimate goal and we have a well defined road-map to get there that goes beyond anything that has been done before.

It is clear we are moving in the right direction and there is growing support for the project I think as a community we should focus on face to face interactions going forward in a big way. If anyone wants to get active think about a way of doing it in real life. For me it was a great experience meeting with several people from the team and the community and I am more excited than ever to get back home in a few days and continue working on the project.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:25:38 AM

Amsterdam Meet-up

Tx Minotaur to you and the rest of the Amsterdam Crew
well done on you guys !

Grin
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:25:11 AM

Amsterdam Meet-up

Hi,

sitting in a Hotel near the Schiphol airport by myself and wanted to share my experience as well.

I had a couple of very nice and informative days in Amsterdam. Due to a flu I had to postpone my travel by two days and was not able to attend the Bitcoin Wednesday session, but made it to the FinTech Holland session.

The quality of speakers and topics was very good and given the fact that Evan was sick he did a great job to sprint through his slides in four minutes time, following a Q&A of six minutes. After we (dutchnomad, minotaur, balu, otoh) have listened to the final talk about IoT devices we directly headed to the bar and had some beers and fingerfood, where we got approached by some other attendees and discussed current state of Dash and future challenges.

At ~8pm we headed to Amsterdam city having some great Indonesian food and lots of talk about different habits and cultural identities - actually this is what I like most on working on this project since 18 months :-)

All people I have met from the team till now were very open minded and receptive. We are already like a virtual company, sharing the same vision and passion to drive things and I am looking forward where it will get us.

And I fully agree with minotaur on the case of forums: they do not reflect the reality. So do not get to inflicted by some posts here or anywhere - go out and have fun instead, meet other people face to face, make friends, create networks, get Indonesian food and Dutch beer. Be open minded to others peoples ideas and passions.

I for myself have dedicated a lot of time to Dash in the past and will continue to do so. Looking forward for the next meetup with you guys.

Holger (aka flare)

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:50:21 AM

Looking at the way the proposals are listed it shouldn't be too hard to include voting in the GUI client... maybe just a year or three with my uber coding skillz Wink There's lots of stuff could be included in clients though, ...
Actually it wouldn't be TOO hard to add voting to the wallet, what I did here can also be done within the wallet.
I still hesitate because there are already a lot of things in the wallet which confuse beginners, and the target group of this feature would be quite small.
Convince me  Grin
Arrrr go on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhaZFqEgFaE
and if thats not enough,
https://youtu.be/RSW6oDckOjo?t=1m29s
Can't get more convincing than that  Grin

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:59:39 AM

flare on BCT !
i can NOT believe this, whow !
that is a 1st for me
 Grin

tx for the comments on Amsterdam and Team
great to hear
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:39:32 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 07:55:15 AM by qwizzie

Maybe with the next meeting we could give away some free Dash ? Just prepare some new Dash wallets with each 1 Dash in it (paper wallets for example, covered in plastic),
provide clear instructions with regards to importing those priv keys into a new wallet, how to encrypt that new wallet for protection and give them the opportunity to play with those wallets.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:42:52 AM

I stopped following this topic after a while , posts seem to be a lot so I lost control and forget the pages Shocked  anyway does anyone here know if the Electrum wallet is out or not yet ? last time they said it's like 99% completed
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:11:51 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 08:29:10 AM by MasterMined710

i'm trying to deflect from moneros crippled miner launch issues and highly inflationary ongoing instamine because i went all in on monero.
if you live in a glass house....

i'm working on getting another masternode or 2 so i love the low prices. it's a great time to be buying in right now imo.
also, i believe otoh said he would not let the price go below $2 and has a large war chest (and usd wall) set aside to insure it does not go any lower. everything otoh has ever said he would do he has done so i trust him.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:19:39 AM

Hi. It's fairly advanced from Bitcoin and developing fast, some good vids covering most aspects though:
https://www.dashpay.io/dash-video-series/

EDIT: Vid 5 covers Darksend and InstantX.

snip...

I watched the vids. I'm still not sure how InstantX manages to be secure though...
I kinda understand how it works, but not sure how the security works.

snip...

Also, I'm not clear on what happens with the double spend transaction if that one also get locked by other masternodes that ignore the first transaction. After all, your masternode get a fee when you vote for a transaction (I think?), so you have an incentive to vote for the double spent transaction. is it possible that there is a competing locked transaction?

So as you can see, I still have some questions about the security of InstantX. i marked them so it's easier to address them.

this is not an issue as it's trustless.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 09:06:31 AM

I stopped following this topic after a while , posts seem to be a lot so I lost control and forget the pages Shocked  anyway does anyone here know if the Electrum wallet is out or not yet ? last time they said it's like 99% completed

Not been following it, best I can find is soon(tm) :
https://dashtalk.org/threads/october-2015-budget-proposal.6234/

The budget proposal has been approved so its getting funded, should speed things up a bit Smiley

It's been like three weeks since OP told me that it's being funded and should be released within one week or something if I remember right  Huh well .. thanks i guess , going to wait like everybody else
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

Not been following it, best I can find is soon(tm) :
https://dashtalk.org/threads/october-2015-budget-proposal.6234/

The budget proposal has been approved so its getting funded, should speed things up a bit Smiley

It's been like three weeks since OP told me that it's being funded and should be released within one week or something if I remember right  Huh well .. thanks i guess , going to wait like everybody else

Every part of the electrum wallet works perfect except calculating DarkGravityWave, the developers have been battling with that implementation. For some reason the result is ever so slightly off. We expected the bug to be found and killed relatively quickly, but it might have turned into a larger issue.  I'll shoot an email over to them and see what the status is.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:07:18 AM

a little bit of "fun" reading : http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/financial-crisis-ii-will-debt-laden-emerging-economies-explode-when-interest-rates-rise-1523135

Capital Economics has highlighted seven emerging markets that it believes are most vulnerable because of sharp increases in their debt-to-GDP ratios: China, Thailand, Brazil, Korea, Malaysia, Turkey and Chile. In a research note, it said that risks are mitigated in some markets more than others, such as large foreign currency reserves.

i guess we have our markets now to focuss on for Dash.....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:27:09 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 11:12:50 AM by qwizzie

https://dashtalk.org/threads/qwizzies-cryptogram-puzzle-round-1.6372/

* to keep things official (and organised) pls post the solution on the dashtalk forum...

Round 1 is won by toknormal
https://dashtalk.org/threads/qwizzies-cryptogram-puzzle-round-1.6372/#post-70263
*** Round 2 ETA 24 7 hours ***

In the mean time we still have this one unsolved :
https://forum.bitcoin.com/dash-f67/qwizzie-s-cryptogram-puzzle-number-1-t1266.html
Edit : and no, its not the same puzzle

Pls try to beat toknormal this time guys..
Round 2 ETA : 7 hrs

GMT +2

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:46:35 AM

Dashwhale budget proposal

We just submitted the proposal to cover basic Dashwhale operations. We want to keep this site and it's features open for everybody, avoiding a regular subscription model. You'll find detailed information and discussion on the proposal page:
Manual voting: mnbudget vote-many 4f8b12279629b8126ba7b1a378cd3ef6e3bb88d7fb04cb6db424edf4c95f6780 yes / no

It's an awesome site, however you weren't asked to build it and as an MN owner I very rarely refer to it.  Only 1/6 of the MNS are even there.   These little personal projects should be paid for by people who want to use them IMHO.  Your proposal is 160 dash/mo for 7 months for your service, what happens after those 7 months and you made an MN from it?  A new bigger proposal when this one runs out?  You pay under $20/mo USD for hosting, at current conversion rates it's $375.  To me it seems you might be looking for a salary.     

These are the types of proposals I was worried we will see.  I'd rather see ninja's site get funded than one that just popped up.

Sorry for being a downer, but no thank you.

I haven't gone there  yet either HOWEVER, I do believe the whole idea behind Dashwhale from the start was to create a place where EVERYONE can go and make proposals, discuss proposals, and finally vote on them if they are masternode owners.  Dashtalk has a a rambling way to talk about these things, but at DashWhale, you get the setup originally envisioned by Evan.  In fact, DashWhale was created by people working along side Evan, I believe.  I haven't registered yet, because I'm already overwhelmed with stuff, and to figure out yet another passphrase, etc... just shuts me down, but I know I must register, LOL.  The other thing is I need to research passphrase managers.  All these accounts are driving me nuts to be honest.  I'm an old lady, and can't take it. It's too annoying!

Anyway, yes, they were asked to help come up with a solution to make accessing information regarding budgets etc..., and they've been doing an excellent job from what I've been hearing, and I do plan on joining.  I may not add my masternodes because I need to wrap my head around possible ramifications of that, then weigh my paranoia against the benefits.  It's not that I don't trust them, it's that I don't trust the rest of the world.  Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:56:55 AM

The other thing is I need to research passphrase managers.  All these accounts are driving me nuts to be honest.  I'm an old lady, and can't take it. It's too annoying!

http://keepass.info/ and your search is over. Its Open source, easy to use, you create one password file you can backup everywhere, encrypted with one master-passphrase you choose. Available for Windows, Linux, Android ... (on this platforms I've testet it).

And there is also a KeePass intrgration in the Dash wallet already! https://dashtalk.org/threads/keepass-integration.3620/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:14:03 AM

I think that this services arent for all dashuser, you could put a fee or ads, if we dont user your service... we dont pay 960 dash for it...

I have to agree. It's not only a service which is not used by the majority of Dash currency users, but which is not used by most Masternode owners. Fees for those that use the service or ads (of the non-tracking variety) would seem like a more reasonable solution than a recurring payment. I would probably be more in favour of a one-off payment, depending on the amount.

Is there a process for changing a recurring vote in the future? Or is it locked in until all recurring payments have been made?

You couldn't be more wrong.  It's a bad misconception that it's for masternode owner's use only.  It's supposed to be a place to easily find and discuss proposals for all interested Dash users.  Hopefully well moderated, so that trolls don't drive things off topic.  Just users and investors interested in Dash development, usability and future.

And yes, there is a process to stop paying proposals, if that was your question.  We just have to vote it down until it's off the payment chart.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 [5276] 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: