Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:29:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 6742 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 [6784] 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 6794 6795 6796 6797 6798 6799 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722290 times)
Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 12:30:24 PM

Vaultoro is back online happy trading Dash - Gold - Dash and other assets

https://twitter.com/Vaultoro/status/1184788259269988353?s=20

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 12:57:47 PM

Active Addresses (14d average)
Dash vs. LTC, BCH, BSV

Data from
@coinmetrics
https://twitter.com/freemover369/status/1184624961840996353?s=21

The figure of active address on DASH network shows the fact that DASH has been popularly used, for most of the other altcoins. It just surpassed Litecoin recently but the figure for DASH's active addresses outweighs figures for BCH, BSV, for example.
Months ago, I read in the topic that in Venezuela the total transaction of DASH even outweighs bitcoin transactions. I am not sure, but that is what I remembered from my memory, so I could be wrong.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 02:57:18 PM

A common explanation for the Dash "instamine" (fastmine is a more appropriate term) was that since Litecoin had a fastmine, Dash's fastmine could be attributed to a bug from the Litecoin code. This explanation, which is also featured in Dash's official summary here:

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OC/pages/19759164/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification

will need to be changed. Through my research I have discovered that there was another culprit responsible for Dash's fastmine.

Tomorrow at 9:00PM UTC I will release my video documentary tackling the circumstances surrounding the Dash fastmine. I will clarify a lot of things that have been left open to interpretation, often leading to negative conclusions about the founder and the Dash project. Please tune in.

Documentary title: Decentralized Deeper Thought: The Truth about Dash!

Link to premiere page (don't forget to set a reminder): https://youtu.be/O39kWbOu11M

Time and date of premiere: Friday, October 18th, at 9:00PM UTC.

If you are open-minded and willing to learn or challenge your beliefs about what happened at Dash's launch in 2014, I hope to see you at the documentary! You will be able to comment and chat with others alongside the video when it airs.

Kind regards,

Christopher Carruthers (Tao Of Satoshi)

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:08:19 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2019, 04:11:46 PM by qwizzie

A common explanation for the Dash "instamine" (fastmine is a more appropriate term) was that since Litecoin had a fastmine, Dash's fastmine could be attributed to a bug from the Litecoin code.
This explanation, which is also featured in Dash's official summary here:

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OC/pages/19759164/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification

will need to be changed. Through my research I have discovered that there was another culprit responsible for Dash's fastmine.

That was never a common explanation (i only ever heard it mentioned by 1 person) , nor is it described like that in Dash official summary.
Let me quote Dash's official summary :

XCoin as it was called at the time was based off of the Litecoin code base, which unbeknownst to the developers contained restrictions on the frequency and extent of adjustments which
the network could apply to mining difficulty.

Because of these restrictions, and the popularity of mining the coin, the network produced a large number of blocks with the maximum allowable coins in each block.

This does not indicate a Litecoin fastmine to me, it just indicates the factors that played a role in Dash unique fastmine / instamine. As a reminder, Dash was first forked
from Litecoin codebase and later on forked from Bitcoin code base. Just because Dash was originally forked from Litecoin and had a fastmine / instamine, does not mean Litecoin must have had a
fastmine / instamine as well. I dont see anything that needs to be changed in the Dash official summary so far, unless you found something that completely invalidate above official quotation
(which would surprise me).

Also i dont like how some of your posts are formulated :

Dash founder Evan Duffield, while having a brilliant mind, was an impetuous sort in 2014, prone to rushing his code releases in his eagerness and rush to launch.

Can this position be disproven based on available facts?

It comes across as clickbait / readbait and can possibly make google search results focus on the (misleading) title alone.
I can understand the drive to promote one's own documentary, but please be a little bit more carefull how you approach this promotion.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 04:13:39 PM

A common explanation for the Dash "instamine" (fastmine is a more appropriate term) was that since Litecoin had a fastmine, Dash's fastmine could be attributed to a bug from the Litecoin code.

That was never a common explanation (i only ever heard it mentioned by 1 person) , nor is it described like that in Dash official summary.

XCoin as it was called at the time was based off of the Litecoin code base, which unbeknownst to the developers contained restrictions on the frequency and extent of adjustments which

Because of these restrictions,
and the popularity of mining the coin, the network produced a large number of blocks with the maximum allowable coins in each block.

This does not indicate a Litecoin fastmine to me, it just indicates the factors that played a role in Dash unique fastmine / instamine. As a reminder, Dash was first forked
from Litecoin codebase and later on forked from Bitcoin code base. Just because Dash was originally forked from Litecoin and had a fastmine / instamine, does not mean Litecoin must have had a
fastmine / instamine as well. I dont see anything that needs to be changed in the Dash official summary so far, unless you found something that completely invalidate above quotation

The part of the explanation above (in bold and in red) is not entirely correct. I will surprise you.

Also i dont like how some of your posts are formulated :

Dash founder Evan Duffield, while having a brilliant mind, was an impetuous sort in 2014, prone to rushing his code releases in his eagerness and rush to launch.

Can this position be disproven based on available facts?

It comes across as clickbait / readbait and can possibly make google search results focus on the (misleading) title alone.
I can understand the drive to promote one's own documentary, but please be a little bit more carefull how you approach this promotion.

I disagree with your assessment, but respect your opinion. Thanks for the feedback.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:39:00 PM

and the popularity of mining the coin, the network produced a large number of blocks with the maximum allowable coins in each block.

fastmine / instamine as well. I dont see anything that needs to be changed in the Dash official summary so far, unless you found something that completely invalidate above quotation

The part of the explanation above (in bold and in red) is not entirely correct. I will surprise you.

Well, i will await your documentary as i am curious what you consider "not entirely correct". But i do want to point out there are plenty examples publicly available which supports the official statement
that the instamine issue in part was due to coding issues :

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 05:01:15 PM

Well, i will await your documentary as i am curious what you consider "not entirely correct". But i do want to point out there are plenty examples publicly available which supports the official statement

Yes, this research features heavily into my presentation, and supports my position that the restrictions of the Litecoin code were not responsible. You'll see why tomorrow. I've done my homework on this!

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 06:30:23 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2019, 07:48:25 PM by qwizzie

Yes, this research features heavily into my presentation, and supports my position that the restrictions of the Litecoin code were not responsible. You'll see why tomorrow. I've done my homework on this!

Looks like Litecoin has an official fastmine history after all, which i was not aware of :

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/chadti/litecoin_instamined_or_fud/

Which means it will be even more interesting to see how the restrictions of the Litecoin code (causing a fastmine of 500.000 LTC), were not responsible for the Dash fastmine.
I will tune in tomorrow.

Charlie Lee :
This issue was never a big deal and most people forgot about it because it was 8 years ago!

Ironically Dash has been saying the exact same thing for years now.

Now here is a question : if a launch of a cryptocurrency has been 'fair', but that cryptocurrency still gets into a fastmine situation, is that cryptocurrency then to be considered as 'fastmined' or not ?  Undecided
And are there now both fair and unfair fastmines ?   Undecided   Roll Eyes

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 06:43:54 PM

will be watching  Grin

qwizzie trying to prevent "this gonna end bad" moment lol

a defense to down play the instamine word to fastmine?, the MAJOR difference between instamine and fastmine is instamine=INSTA millions of coins within a day which becomes as effective as a premine. that's why coinmarketcap once labeled darkcoin with "* premine" back then and darkcoiners goes ape shit around here lol.

almost 6 years before finding ANOTHER explanation, better be a good one......a good laugh  Grin
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 06:52:17 PM

Our little ariel mermaid still alive and kicking after this brutal crypto winter ? Who would have thought Roll Eyes

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 07:31:45 PM

Our little ariel mermaid still alive and kicking after this brutal crypto winter ? Who would have thought Roll Eyes

hey buddy i'm pretty convinced you are just a paid marketer, but if in any case that you are just like any other shitcoiners, i would suggest in the next bull cycle you start selling this dash shitcoin and find a good source of income outside crypto, put small amount of money into a new crypto start up/shitcoin with promising new innovation/s.

brutal crypto winter? top 10 coins are in the billion market cap category....dash is outside that *ouch!

this dash isn't gonna be the next bitcoin, when btc hit 1200$ it only touched 150$ in a very short period of time. while dash hit 1500$ and now lingers at 69$ with less than the circulating amount of coins compared to btc when it hit 150$ and knowing a significant amount in millions of dash is locked in masternodes. it simply means its over, and when you get another chance for a good sum of money, take it buddy. TAKE IT!

dash already failed in privacy aspect, instant send also isn't great anymore since a lot coins can send fairly quick.

this is going to be a slow downward spiral for dash.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 07:59:26 PM

Happy to have piqued both of your interests! See you tomorrow.

NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 10:38:05 PM

Cryptobuyer CEO Says Dash Was Platform’s Top Coin Last Three Months in a Row

Latin American exchange and merchant solution Cryptobuyer claims Dash is the top most-used cryptocurrency on the Cryptobuyer Pay merchant solution for several months in a row, according to the CEO.

Tungi17

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 02:52:11 AM

Introducing the Platform Chain and the rationale for including a separate chain for recording platform data by Ivan Shumkov.

https://blog.dash.org/introducing-the-platform-chain-982fe6aea67f

Tungi17

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 08:08:29 AM

Next Dash Budget Cycle - 9 days to go - Please vote as this looks to be a tight voting cycle - good to get in there early

https://www.dashcentral.org/budget
https://app.dashnexus.org/proposals/active

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 10:50:36 AM

Introducing the Platform Chain and the rationale for including a separate chain for recording platform data by Ivan Shumkov.

https://blog.dash.org/introducing-the-platform-chain-982fe6aea67f

Awesome update -- great to see DCG is working toward the best solution rather than trying to force everything through one single solution -- we have the most secure network of MN and it is great to see how we will be using this resource.    Keep on keeping on!

A. k. solo

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:20:30 PM

Dash on VF (Visionary Financial) crypto social platform

https://micky.com.au/vf-launches-crypto-social-platform-and-mobile-ios-support/

#dash_force
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:34:12 PM

Dash Unveils Planned Platform Chain Sidechain for Decentralized Applications

Dash has announced the future creation of a sidechain, Platform Chain, for the upcoming Dash Platform in order to handle data for decentralized applications (DApps) more efficiently.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2019, 10:15:20 PM

Decentralized Deeper Thought: The Truth about Dash!

#Dash #DashNation

Tungi17

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 01:27:28 AM

This week (10/18) at Dash Core Group!
- Removed old themes in desktop wallet
- Completed work in DashCore
- Mixing updates for PrivateSend
- Some refactoring in DashCore
- Completed tasks on Platform Machine
- Completed work on Dash Platform Protocol

https://blog.dash.org/product-update-october-17-2019-96069b4b3479

Pages: « 1 ... 6734 6735 6736 6737 6738 6739 6740 6741 6742 6743 6744 6745 6746 6747 6748 6749 6750 6751 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 [6784] 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 6794 6795 6796 6797 6798 6799 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: