Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 6794 6795 6796 6797 6798 6799 6800 6801 [6802] 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 6848 6849 6850 6851 6852 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722290 times)
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 11:34:16 PM

Ryan Taylor Explains Unique Pain Point Dash Platform Solves for Consumers and Merchants

Ryan Taylor, CEO of Dash Core Group, appeared on the The Cryptoviser to discuss how various aspects of Dash, and in particular the upcoming Dash Platform, add value for consumers and merchants, specifically its focus on becoming everyday cash for users.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 08:44:02 AM

Dash Electrum ver 3.3.8.2 Released
- fix wallet locking during verification of DIP3 transactions
- add qt console password locking for SW wallets
Downloads at:
https://www.dash.org/downloads/

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 04:14:14 PM

Active Dash Wallets Are Up 410% Annually in Venezuela Indicating Rapid Adoption

Dash has seen a 410% increase in Android devices using the Dash Wallet in Venezuela from May to November of this year, supporting a continuing trend that Dash is seeing continued growth in real-world usage in the region.

charlie137

Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2019, 08:43:05 PM

Proof of stake? I thought you guys are professionals) feels like a completely commercial decision pushed by long consequences of bitmain monopoly. idea of adding new flow of income is good, but PoS would give tooooo much power to some network users. there might be a way to make it mild with less impact, some passive flavor with certain conditions, etc. but dropping healthy and secured pow because of $$...

if i would be one of users who paid thousands of dollars for x11 box - id be veeery pissed))))

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 09:38:16 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2019, 10:40:35 PM by qwizzie

Proof of stake? I thought you guys are professionals) feels like a completely commercial decision pushed by long consequences of bitmain monopoly. idea of adding new flow of income is good, but PoS would give tooooo much power to some network users. there might be a way to make it mild with less impact, some passive flavor with certain conditions, etc. but dropping healthy and secured pow because of $$...

if i would be one of users who paid thousands of dollars for x11 box - id be veeery pissed))))

There are several options or even combination of options available to Dash, which will need to be researched, documented, discussed and then voted upon by masternode owners.
Which will take time, a lot of time.

* It could be a form of ChainLocks staking for users that offers better security, then the more typical PoS models out there. Dash has some advantages in that area, thanks to its multi-tiered network.
* It could be a form of Masternode Shares. This will be a solution with more focus and more impact on the masternode network. Its something that has been requested by the Dash community for a long time.
* It could be a form of staking through deterministic holders listing. It will need a minimum number of Dash (100 Dash has been mentioned as an example), to protect the Dash network against overload.
* It could be a form of ChainLocks staking & PoW as backup. Dash miners influence on the network will be reduced, but we will still need to make sure that X11 hashing power remains dominant on Dash network
   (to protect Dash from 51% attacks from other X11 networks).  

Link : https://i.imgur.com/N9ZSTpz.jpg
Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12401&v=ie7fJMw5WIo&feature=emb_logo

Also i'm pretty sure there will be a lengthy grace period for miners, if the decision is to phase out Dash mining completely. Also if we were to compare this to Ethereum's decision to switch to PoS,
i'm not seeing a whole lot of pissed Ethereum miners there either, so why would there be pissed Dash miners when we are obviously still in such an early stage ?  

I agree with Ryan Taylor that something needs to be done about Dash high inflation rate (7.5%). Not to benefit Dash economically in the short term, but to benefit Dash economically in the long term.
This is just the start of a Dash community-wide discussion, about what Dash can do about its inflation rate and what Dash can do to increase its store of value. Two important topics of discussion.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
charlie137

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2019, 10:27:38 PM

There are several options or even combination of options available to Dash, which will need to be researched, documented, discussed and then voted upon by masternode owners.
Which will take time, a lot of time.

* It could be a form of ChainLocks staking for users that offers better security, then the more typical PoS models out there. Dash has some advantages in that area, thanks to its multi-tiered network.
* It could be a form of Masternode Shares. This will be a solution with more focus and more impact on the masternode network. Its something that has been requested by the Dash community for a long time.
* It could be a form of staking through deterministic holders listing. It will need a minimum number of Dash (100 Dash has been mentioned as an example), to protect our network against overload.
* It could be a form of ChainLocks staking & PoW as backup. Dash miners influence on the network will be reduced, but we will still need to make sure that X11 hashing power remains dominant on Dash network
   (to protect Dash from 51% attacks from other X11 networks).  

Link : https://i.imgur.com/N9ZSTpz.jpg
Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12401&v=ie7fJMw5WIo&feature=emb_logo

Also i'm pretty sure there will be a lengthy grace period for miners, if the decision is to phase out Dash mining completely. Also if we were to compare this to Ethereum's decision to switch to PoS,
i'm not seeing a whole lot of pissed Ethereum miners there either, so why would there be pissed Dash miners when we are obviously still in such an early stage ?  

I agree with Ryan Taylor that something needs to be done about Dash high inflation rate (7.5%). Not to benefit Dash economically in the short term, but to benefit Dash economically in the long term.
This is just the start of a Dash community-wide discussion, about what Dash can do about its inflation rate and what Dash can do to increase its store of value. Two important topics of discussion.

everything besides pos and tossing pow sound interesting. theres no pissed miners on eth is because nobody there burned thousands of dollars for x11 boxes. or your position is that buying a GPU is the same like buying x11 box 3 years ago, when its was $5+?)) Huh and why you even looking at etgh ahahah) i dont remember any use case besides kryptokitties and scam traffic. is there anything else besides token scams on eth now?)) eth thinks they would bring back that price by adding PoS, since it was so popular during the bloody winter (because it makes numbers looks nice, duhh). we are trying to get away from bankers and stuff, right? for me looks like nobody could give less fucks about genuine ideas and actual software. correct me if im wrong, but PoS consensus centralizing generation. you already have issues with centralization since feels like devs holding majority of masternodes. i heard about upcoming/possible change in how sporks work with MNO now, and this is very exciting if its what i think. but seeing team even considering PoS - breaks whats left of my heart ahahahahaha

/__      ___ (  /    
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 11:04:04 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2019, 11:28:25 PM by qwizzie

theres no pissed miners on eth is because nobody there burned thousands of dollars for x11 boxes. or your position is that buying a GPU
is the same like buying x11 box 3 years ago, when its was $5+?))

I think there are a lot of Ethereum miners that also burned throusand of dollars into buying and setting up their mining hardware (https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/) during Ethereum's
previous bullrun in 2017 and are now also facing a PoS future. Hopefully Dash will be a bit more transparant to its own miners, then Ethereum Core Group has been so far to theirs
(a level of uncertainty seems to have slipt into Ethereum's intention to switch to PoS awhile back).

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
charlie137

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2019, 11:31:08 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2019, 12:49:41 AM by charlie137

theres no pissed miners on eth is because nobody there burned thousands of dollars for x11 boxes. or your position is that buying a GPU

I think there are a lot of Ethereum miners that also burned throusand of dollars into buying and setting up their mining hardware (https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/) during Ethreum's
previous bullrun in 2017 and are now also facing a PoS future. Hopefully Dash will be a bit more transparant to its own miners, then Ethereum Core Group has been so far to theirs
(a level of uncertainty seems to have slipt into Ethereum's intention to switch to PoS awhile back).

i dont think you can compare price of $5k for x11 box a few years ago with ANY gpu card. ANY!!! besides the fact that you can use GPUs for a lot of stuff when after shutting down PoW all these x11 boxes would be practically useless due the fact there would not be many places to point them in. and why you even looking at eth?)) they adding pos because when btc finished some nice proposals btc would be waay more secured and cheaper (thanks LN). plus no need to burn resources to maintain asic resistance (again, resistance does not mean complete protection, right?)) eth as killing a lot of resources to fight professional mining instead of putting these hands on work with their code, so kids would stop breaking it))))) its pretty much makes sense they trying now to increase hype with PoS, it makes numbers look sooo nice.

/__      ___ (  /    
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 08:13:09 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2019, 12:11:32 PM by qwizzie

I think there are a lot of Ethereum miners that also burned throusand of dollars into buying and setting up their mining hardware (https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/) during Ethreum's

i dont think you can compare price of $5k for x11 box a few years ago with ANY gpu card. ANY!!!

Have you looked at some of these ETH mining hardware that people can buy ?

https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-miner-mining-rig-310-mh-s/ :  € 3,799.50 --> $4,211.14
https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-mining-rig/ : € 3,877.94 --> $4,298,08 (repriced much cheaper now, but we are talking old prices)

So yes, there are mining hardware products, that ETH miners just like Dash miners most likely spend thousands of dollars on (depending on their available budget).
I'm not sure why you keep insisting only Dash miners spend thousands of dollars on mining hardware.

GPU farms / Mining Rigs / ASIC miners, these are all products that people can sink thousands of dollars in. Dash is not the magical exception here.
And no, i'm not comparing x11 mining hardware to single GPU cards. There are much more advanced (and more expensive) mining hardware products available to ETH miners.

Which brings me back to my original question, why would we have pissed Dash miners when it is this early on and we don't even know which long term solution we choose ?  

Maybe these X11 miners will switch to mining other X11 networks, maybe these X11 miners will continue to mine Dash if Dash decides to keep PoW in some form, maybe these X11 miners
decide to switch to Dash staking if Dash choose to implement staking. Maybe these X11 miners will decide to sell their hardware equipment and invest in Masternode Shares. Maybe these
X11 miners will decide to just cease operations and leave Dash.

There are a lot of ways this could play out in the long term, depending on what Dash in the end choose as solution to handle its inflation rate and improve its store of value.

datant

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 09:40:19 AM

In the year 2015, the wallet with Dash Gui (simplywallet) was wallet.bin file? How i convert now in wallet.dat?
Pang.

Activity: 256
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 11:11:40 AM

Ryan associates 7% Dash inflation with the price drop, and this is really not easy to prove.

With prices above $ 1000 nobody seemed to complain about mining or inflation or master nodes.

We try to find guilty parties, and it's easy to point others with your finger.

The entire market has succumbed these two years, and that takes its toll, especially to Dash and his finance treasure.

Eliminating mining will raise the price to supply the dash treasure with more funds?

Are we sure about that?

I wish to see Dash at $ 500 would be great for me, master node holders would be proud of their possessions.

But would it really give all this value to Dash as use currency, or would it make it a scarce asset to treasure and not spend in the BTC style?

What do we look for, treasures, or simple coins to use and that everyone wants to have in their wallet?

I am very critical of Core decisions like those invested in changing the image of Dash, or the way to advertise the currency in the media. I think it's very poor, but I don't decide.

4800 nodes have in their hand to choose the best for the currency and for them finally ... it is the opportunity of their lives now, or maybe tomorrow is a beautiful memory that could never be.

If there are more qualified people we must find it, if there are better ideas, we must find them, now is the time.

It is not worth saying in a year that the market treated us badly when Dash will be only a shitcoin positioned at 100 in the market as it happened with Maidsafe, Ardor, NXT, Factom ... big projects that nobody remembers anymore.
A. k. solo

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 01:14:43 PM

Dash Partners With IQ CashNow, Adding 1,000 Dash-Accepting Merchants

https://www.vendingtimes.com/articles/dash-partners-with-iq-cashnow-adding-1000-dashacce-13234

#dash_force

Dash Investors Receive Lost Funds

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/12/dash-investors-receive-lost-funds-following-suspected-exit-scam/

#dash_force
charlie137

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2019, 02:44:22 PM

i dont think you can compare price of $5k for x11 box a few years ago with ANY gpu card. ANY!!!

Have you looked at some of these ETH mining hardware that people can buy ?

https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-miner-mining-rig-310-mh-s/ :  € 3,799.50 --> $4,211.14
https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-mining-rig/ : € 3,877.94 --> $4,298,08 (repriced much cheaper now, but we are talking old prices)

So yes, there are mining hardware products, that ETH miners just like Dash miners most likely spend thousands of dollars on (depending on their available budget).
I'm not sure why you keep insisting only Dash miners spend thousands of dollars on mining hardware.

GPU farms / Mining Rigs / ASIC miners, these are all products that people can sink thousands of dollars in. Dash is not the magical exception here.
And no, i'm not comparing x11 mining hardware to single GPU cards. There are much more advanced (and more expensive) mining hardware products available to ETH miners.

Which brings me back to my original question, why would we have pissed Dash miners when it is this early on and we don't even know which long term solution we choose ?  

Maybe these X11 miners will switch to mining other X11 networks, maybe these X11 miners will continue to mine Dash if Dash decides to keep PoW in some form, maybe these X11 miners
decide to switch to Dash staking if Dash choose to implement staking. Maybe these X11 miners will decide to sell their hardware equipment and invest in Masternode Shares. Maybe these
X11 miners will decide to just cease operations and leave Dash.

There are a lot of ways this could play out in the long term, depending on what Dash in the end choose as solution to handle its inflation rate and improve its store of value.

I am comparing minimum entry price for one machine. You could get couple GPUs for lets say $600, when minimum price for one (!!!) x11 box was $5k. Of course you get build rigs with tirans that would worth over $15k together, or a few x11 for $75k. eth miners were never victims of bitmains monopoly, so idk what are you trying to say.

/__      ___ (  /    
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 02:54:47 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2019, 05:05:09 PM by qwizzie

I am comparing minimum entry price for one machine.
Actually we are comparing single machines / single units that run in the thousands of dollars. Nothing more, nothing less.

theres no pissed miners on eth is because nobody there burned thousands of dollars for x11 boxes

There are plenty of ETH boxes / machines that run in the thousands of dollars as well, are you saying nobody bought those ?

https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-miner-mining-rig-310-mh-s/ :  € 3,799.50
1 machine

https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-mining-rig/ : € 3,877.94
1 machine

Bottom line : your statement that ETH miners never put thousands of dollars into single mining hardware machines comparable to X11 boxes, is just not very convincing when there are
mining machines available on the market for ETH miners for awhile now, that sell for several thousands of dollars per machine.

That is the point i'm trying to make and where you seem to get a bit evasive about, when i pointed that out two posts earlier.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2019, 03:12:56 PM

Dash Evolution Open House Analysis | Tao & Amanda LIVE!

We'll be talking about the mini-controversies between Amanda and Andreas Antonopoulos and Justin Sun/Poloniex and Digibyte, what's new with Ethereum, and we have A LOT to talk about with the recent Dash Open House!

Tao & Amanda LIVE! today at 5PM UTC.

Thanks for watching!

PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 04:30:55 PM

Did anyone check if this a Barrel without bottom?
Crypto market in 2019 is bullish it started the year at about  $127,000,000,000 Market Cap: now at $196,166,501,705  also bullish BTC, BCH, BSV, LTC. ETH.......
This thing is dropping like a stone.

charlie137

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2019, 05:12:10 PM

I am comparing minimum entry price for one machine.
Actually we are comparing single machines / single units that run in the thousands of dollars. Nothing more, nothing less.

theres no pissed miners on eth is because nobody there burned thousands of dollars for x11 boxes

There are plenty of ETH boxes / machines that run in the thousands of dollars as well, are you saying nobody bought those ?

https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-miner-mining-rig-310-mh-s/ :  € 3,799.50
1 machine

https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-mining-rig/ : € 3,877.94
1 machine

Bottom line : your statement that ETH miners never put thousands of dollars into single mining hardware machines comparable to X11 boxes, is just not very convincing when there are
mining machines available on the market for ETH miners for awhile now, that sell for several thousands of dollars per machine.

That is the point i'm trying to make and where you seem to get a bit evasive about, when i pointed that out two posts earlier.

lol no, im talking about single unit needed for the operation. im pretty aware you can have 35x GPU rig that would be cost like a nice motorcycle.

/__      ___ (  /    
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 05:51:26 PM

Dash News Video Recap: Travala & Booking.com, Brazilian Cryptocurrency Exchange, Ryan Taylor, Kenn Bosak & Michael Nye

This is a repost of the Dash News Recap video with presenter Heidi Chakos from our YouTube channel. This show is dedicated to keeping you up to date with recent Dash news highlights.

Pang.

Activity: 256
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 08:35:43 PM

Did anyone check if this a Barrel without bottom?
Crypto market in 2019 is bullish it started the year at about  $127,000,000,000 Market Cap: now at $196,166,501,705  also bullish BTC, BCH, BSV, LTC. ETH.......
This thing is dropping like a stone.

as much as others tell me otherwise, the price indicates that the expected presentation of Dash open doors, which as I said, I did not like or was what I expected.

The people with whom I commented privately about that meeting told me that it was boring and far from what a currency like Dash seeks to show, a general use for everyone, and it seemed there was only talk to investors or programmers And not ordinary people.

I expect great things this 2020, even with little hope.
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 09:34:04 PM

Dash Pooled Masternode Operator Moocowmoo Refunds Customers After Exit Scam #FakeNews

Dash pooled masternode operator Moocowmoo has begun refunding customers days after false rumors circulated of an exit scam.

Pages: « 1 ... 6752 6753 6754 6755 6756 6757 6758 6759 6760 6761 6762 6763 6764 6765 6766 6767 6768 6769 6770 6771 6772 6773 6774 6775 6776 6777 6778 6779 6780 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 6794 6795 6796 6797 6798 6799 6800 6801 [6802] 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 6848 6849 6850 6851 6852 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: