Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 6848 6849 6850 6851 6852 6853 6854 6855 6856 6857 [6858] 6859 6860 6861 6862 6863 6864 6865 6866 6867 6868 6869 6870 6871 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 6882 6883 6884 6885 6886 6887 6888 6889 6890 6891 6892 6893 6894 6895 6896 6897 6898 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722291 times)
Midas111

Activity: 772
Merit: 105

Close the federal reserve

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 03:59:15 PM

I'm sorry @tao but the idea that circulating supply (& ultimately marketcap) is make or break based on whether masternode reward perfectly compensates for inflation rate is, not to put too fin a point on it...ludicrous.

The nodecount saturated because once the "low hanging fruit" of large holders & large buyers had been moped up, the rest of the coin supply is simply far more fragmented. Add to that the fact that with 5000 nodes, an enormous amount of fiat demand is required to sustain the value since:

1. the mining cost of the primary supply barely changes so we still potentially need to charge the market the same "fiat" cost for mining

2. ADDITIONALLY we now have 5000 masternodes of "earnings" being sprayed at it which 100% mined alternatives don't have. Up to 6500 Dash per week of potential dumping.

The price therefore collapsed along with our ranking and point [2] means that we have an extreme headwind against us in ever recovering that ranking.

The faulty analysis in the Hackernoon article and in DCG's appraisal is that it's ALL done intra-Dash. i.e. it compares one Dash protocol state with another. One Dash ROI (only measured in terms of Dash, not $USD) with another. One Dash inflation state with another. It only works if Dash is a monopoly and the only market option in existence, but it isn't. The analysis needs to be redone in the context of the market as a whole and acknowledging the fact that investors always have alternatives. Capital that previously went into mining won't go into masternodes, it'll go into competing, 100% competitively mined alternatives (as it has been doing for the last 3 years).

Hence we now have no less that 9 mined competitors, NONE of which have ANY ROI let alone an ROI which compensates for inflation in their own currency terms, all of who's chains are valued more highly than Dash.

I think you are confusing the past crypto market crash with the market cap and technological scaling of DASH itself. Everything went down hard even bitcoin. The future supply of DASH is fixed and lower than bitcoin making it a fundamentally strong digital currency against inflationary currencies. Masternodes should receive fees for maintaining the network. Because of the masternode/pow system of dash is secure, and dash is widely accepted the future is strong.

I enjoy working with the finest digital currency developers on earth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 04:22:53 PM

I think you are confusing the past crypto market crash with the market cap and technological scaling of DASH itself. Everything went down hard even bitcoin.

No, I'm not confusing those two things. I've always been very clear that competitiveness is where we are affected rather than absolute marketcap. Capital drifting relatively from us towards fully mined competitors rather than from them to us.

Masternodes should receive fees for maintaining the network...

Except they're not "maintaining the network" they're draining it of capital value rather than investing it. How could they do otherwise when they operate at zero cost ? To justify fees you've got to sell something that the market has asked for and values.
Midas111

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 04:31:28 PM

I think you are confusing the past crypto market crash with the market cap and technological scaling of DASH itself. Everything went down hard even bitcoin.

No, I'm not confusing those two things. I've always been very clear that competitiveness is where we are affected rather than absolute marketcap. Capital drifting relatively from us towards fully mined competitors rather than from them to us.

Masternodes should receive fees for maintaining the network...

Except they're not "maintaining the network" they're draining it of capital value rather than investing it. How could they do otherwise when they operate at zero cost ? To justify fees you've got to sell something that the market has asked for and values.

The value of the network is increasing even if that hasnt reached you personally  yet

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 04:40:15 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2020, 05:02:04 PM by toknormal

The value of the network is increasing even if that hasn't reached you personally  yet

...in spite of the policy over the reward ratio, not because of it unfortunately.

Chains with zero utility, no masternode rewards and 100% mining reward have consistently out-valued our marketcap.

We're about to drop out of the top-10 mined coins where we've occupied a place almost since birth. Hopefully you'll still be satisfied with the fact that "value is increasing" if/when that happens.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 05:05:56 PM

We're about to drop out of the top-10 mined coins where we've occupied a place almost since birth. Hopefully you'll still be satisfied with the fact that "value is increasing" if/when that happens.

You are literally the only one who cares about that. The rest simply looks at how Dash is performing currently :

Date                 Dash Marketcap        Dash Price down from ATH

14th of July 2020    $685,105,981         95,67%
31st of July 2020    $775,480,260         95,10%
2nd of Aug  2020     $843,770,844        94,70%
5th of Aug   2020     $854.978.860        94,60%

and have expectations on how Dash will perform in the upcoming bull market.

Broken clock = Broken clock.
Sorry mate.

This is a classic case of short term anxiety versus long term rational expectations. Guess which one lasts ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 05:14:00 PM

You are literally the only one who cares about that (competitiveness). The rest simply looks at how Dash is performing:

LoL. Are you trying to convince yourself ?

Performance = Competitiveness as well you know and have promoted over the years.

Cherry picking a shallow m.c. rise out of a catastrophic 3-year decline in BOTH marketcap AND ranking is is bit desperate.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 05:33:24 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2020, 05:46:17 PM by qwizzie

Some people just don't have the stomach for long term investing in cryptocurrency i guess. They get obsessed over other cryptocurrencies outperforming
the cryptocurrency they are (over)invested in and fail to take into account that each cryptocurrency has it own cycle of long term up trends and long term down trends.

You will see them create irrational posts about coins like Dogecoin temporary outperforming Dash (due to a TikTok pump no less), in order to try to convince other people that Dash is failing them too.
And if Dogecoin a few weeks later is processing its dump, they switch to other coins like Ethereum Classic in a desperate move to still prove their point. Or they come up with Dash falling out of
top 10 mined cryptocurrencies as a complete disaster, pulling out their doomsday predictions again.

It is pointless to debate with such people, and frankly they come across as a bit pathetic.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 05:35:16 PM

Chains with zero utility, no masternode rewards and 100% mining reward have consistently out-valued our marketcap.

Thousands of coins are underperforming Dash -- for gods sake.     At what point are you going to just let this play out and see where it takes Dash.  You made your point and your point doesn't have legs in this cycle of time.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 05:45:54 PM

Thousands of coins are underperforming Dash -- for gods sake.     At what point are you going to just let this play out and see where it takes Dash.  You made your point and your point doesn't have legs in this cycle of time.

Unfortunately the market appears to be giving it legs, even if the community isn't. Expect that trend to continue if having "Thousands of coins underperforming Dash", is the best support that can be found for diluting the mined proportion of the coin supply.
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 06:59:51 PM

Unfortunately the market appears to be giving it legs, even if the community isn't. Expect that trend to continue if having "Thousands of coins underperforming Dash", is the best support that can be found for diluting the mined proportion of the coin supply.

Well, DASH had a bit of a scary moment a couple hours ago as it looked like it might break support at 0.00757 BTC but no it bounced off it nicely and is continuing to try to break thru resistance at around 0.0079.

If it breaks thru that resistance good chance it jumps close to 0.0094 before retracing a bit. By Aug 8th or so, we might see the 50 DAY cross above the 100 DAY (called a golden cross).

I'm sure you've heard the saying 'the trend is your friend'? Sure, I might be calling it earlier than most, but I think once BTC passed $10.5 K after a double top and then again just recently testing it and holding it perfectly as support, that yes, the multi-year bear trend has been reversed. Note that the trend is largely dictated by BTC.

As I stated before, in a bear market, as coins in the same class tend to fall in price, they tend to collapse to similar values per coin. And now as the bull market just begins to take off, you'll start to see coins retrace to previous positions held during the last bull market. Coins like DASH, with low circulating supply, experience exaggerated price crashes and price booms compared to coins with largely supplies.

I would be absolutely stunned if DASH's marketcap did not pass XMR's again. I would think it's very likely DASH's marketcap will be double or even triple that of XMR's sometime during 2021. What would you say then?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 07:02:41 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2020, 07:22:15 PM by toknormal

I would be absolutely stunned if DASH's marketcap did not pass XMR's again. I would think it's very likely DASH's marketcap will be double or even triple that of XMR's sometime during 2021. What would you say then?

I'd say use the opportunity to exit because the network aggregate masternode revenue at that price, given the current reward ratio, would be completely unsustainable.
Co.In

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 07:33:02 PM

plz help i have 37k dash from 2014 but i loss my wallet how to get my coin plz help this my wallet XbtvGzi2JgjYTbTqabUjSREWeovDxznoyh

Oh my gosh. Saw the post and shed a tear

Are you the owner of the XbtvGzi2JgjYTbTqabUjSREWeovDxznoyh wallet, or is it not yours?

You have a encrypted wallet.dat and lost your password? I once had the same problem)
Midas111

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 07:33:14 PM
Merited by spirits (1)

Digital Currency Laboratories is building early smart contract functionality with dash. The first experiment will be a smart contract expansion oracle that seeks out onchain cross market price differences then automatically and autonomously closes the arbitrage gap then returns the proceeds minus fees to the DASH expansion oracle user.  This will be a 'safe' smart contract  experiment, initially only working for small volumes of Dash. The smart contract can be replicated manually by arbitraging price differentials on the waves network. The smart contract will send orders to operate when there is a net expansion of DASH inclusive of fees for the end user.

jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 07:33:16 PM

I'd say use the opportunity to exit because the masternode revenue at that price, given the current reward ratio would be completely unsustainable.

Hmm... ok, but if that happened wouldn't it contradict your position that DASH is losing its competitive position vs other coins like XMR. In other words, if you're right with your theory it shouldn't be possible for DASH to pass XMR's marketcap again. So if it happens maybe you're wrong and you shouldn't completely exit?

Of course, I partially agree with you (but not for your overly repeated reasoning but just because that's how market cycles work), buy low, sell high. If 1 DASH = 8 XMR, then be careful because at some point if we don't hit mass adoption yet, we're very likely to see 1 DASH = 1 XMR all over again.

I'd say if you truly believe in your position you should exit as soon as you are break even or in decent profit. I'd imagine if your investment was in BTC, you'd look to sell your DASH at around 0.02 BTC. Who knows, it might hit that this year.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 07:40:46 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2020, 08:02:24 PM by toknormal

Hmm... ok, but if that happened wouldn't it contradict your position

It hasn't happened.

Maybe you should be more concerned with what IS happening and why rather than what isn't. Try and stay ahead of Ether Classic before we start dreaming about Monero.

Also, if you really beleive the "happened before so it will happen again" paradigm is so powerful then at least swallow it whole. Dash pumps around 8 months ahead of Bitcoin, so it may well be that we already had ours and this was it...

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 08:05:43 PM

plz help i have 37k dash from 2014 but i loss my wallet how to get my coin plz help this my wallet XbtvGzi2JgjYTbTqabUjSREWeovDxznoyh

Oh my gosh. Saw the post and shed a tear

Are you the owner of the XbtvGzi2JgjYTbTqabUjSREWeovDxznoyh wallet, or is it not yours?

You have a encrypted wallet.dat and lost your password? I once had the same problem)

Always nice to see a newbie come in and read our dash ANN thread from the start. Since you are now reading posts from 2017 and are on page 6243,
you only have 625 pages to go.

If you are a bot : bad bot !

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 08:16:05 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2020, 08:29:55 PM by qwizzie

Digital Currency Laboratories is building early smart contract functionality with dash. The first experiment will be a smart contract expansion oracle that seeks out onchain cross market price differences then automatically and autonomously closes the arbitrage gap then returns the proceeds minus fees to the DASH expansion oracle user.  This will be a 'safe' smart contract  experiment, initially only working for small volumes of Dash. The smart contract can be replicated manually by arbitraging price differentials on the waves network. The smart contract will send orders to operate when there is a net expansion of DASH inclusive of fees for the end user.

Oh my, time travel huh ? Can't wait till you develop a Dapp for Dash that allows time travel  Grin

Seriously though : thank you for the update about building early smart contract functionality with Dash.
That is exactly what Dash needs.

I guess you need InstantSend supported exchanges to close that arbitrage gap between exchanges, or can it work through any exchange ?
Would be interesting to experiment with a Dapp arbitrage-focused trading bot.  

Midas111

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 08:30:00 PM

Digital Currency Laboratories is building early smart contract functionality with dash. The first experiment will be a smart contract expansion oracle that seeks out onchain cross market price differences then automatically and autonomously closes the arbitrage gap then returns the proceeds minus fees to the DASH expansion oracle user.  This will be a 'safe' smart contract  experiment, initially only working for small volumes of Dash. The smart contract can be replicated manually by arbitraging price differentials on the waves network. The smart contract will send orders to operate when there is a net expansion of DASH inclusive of fees for the end user.

Oh my, time travel huh ? Can't wait till you develop a Dapp for Dash that allows time travel  Grin

Seriously though : thank you for the update about building early smart contract functionality with Dash.

I guess you need InstantSend supported exchanges to close that arbitrage gap between exchanges, or can it work through any exchange  ?

It will all be onchain through the waves network for high speed throughput and 100% auditability.  There is potential to use the eth network but tx speeds on eth make it slower to execute and reduce actual functionality. Theres alot of work to be done, but other on chain exchange protocols are most likely be integrated into the dash expansion oracle smart contract. speed is everything for this type of contract to make real world benefit to end users, and in this regard ride smart contract language vastly outperforms solidity.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 08:33:48 PM

Good luck with it, maybe i will be one of the end users one day, who knows.

Midas111

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 08:35:30 PM

I guess you need InstantSend supported exchanges to close that arbitrage gap between exchanges, or can it work through any exchange ?
Would be interesting to experiment with a Dapp arbitrage-focused trading bot.  

'expand now' option checks for a net gain and if there is, will execute as fast as possible with no commitment of dash to the contract unless it can execute successfully. 'time travel' option will lock DASH and execute when it finds a differential that produces a net dash expansion. Users will be able to unlock at anytime if they get tired of waiting for the oracle to find a net differential

Pages: « 1 ... 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 6831 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 6848 6849 6850 6851 6852 6853 6854 6855 6856 6857 [6858] 6859 6860 6861 6862 6863 6864 6865 6866 6867 6868 6869 6870 6871 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 6882 6883 6884 6885 6886 6887 6888 6889 6890 6891 6892 6893 6894 6895 6896 6897 6898 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: