Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:24:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:02:04 PM

One consistent pattern I have noticed is that frequent posters on this thread do not spam other subforums, forums, blogs etc to pimp Darkcoin. It is done in a good subtle way when warranted which speaks volumes about the community. I don't see Darkcoin folks attacking other coins and or their community either. On the other hand DRK is consistently attacked, hated, smeared, berated mostly by followers of competing coins and or generic altcoin followers. I even see some complain that Darkcoin is just marketing campaign. Kinda sad state of affairs when they attack innovation and real developers with real names, all the while hiding behind keyboards AND if anything, Darkcoin lacks viral marketing.

There could be more than one successful anonymous coin. Why do they need to stomp over each other? I will never understand the vitriol.

It's quite simple. DARKSEND is not out of BETA. Anon coin members are upset at their next to non-existent dev. It's also made up of a lot of "children" who got attracted to the whole "anonymous" spiel.

The second set of harpies are those who want DARKSEND out of BETA quickly because of the pumping going on for coins like ZETA and BC. It certainly hurts knowing your coin might be more technically advanced and useful but ignored, that I understand.

The third set of screechers are  the moochers waiting for DARKSEND to be open sourced so they can jump on and pump out their clone coins with IPOS and then claim innovation. We've already seen it with HIC. The users took responsibility for popularizing X-11, stripping Evan from the mast head. It's inevitable but it is what it is.

I always keep seeing some apparition buy walls that keep appearing and disappearing on cryptsy and mintpal. If that's any indication, it's that DARK coin has investors waiting in the wings for DARKSEND to come out of BETA before the marketing Blitz begins. This is the only coin that I've held on to for more than a month, all I can do is wait. That 112 BTC buy wall was not for decoration. People with money to pump the coin have taken notice but why pump it when it is not yet ready?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kuloch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

The future is yet unclear, but there will eventually be at least one successfull anonymous coin, and along with that freedom for humanity will come as well! My bet - Darkcoin.

Thank you also optimistic about the DRK that gave me the confidence
I also believe our choice
Refueling fly DRK
 Grin Cheesy Cheesy

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BCc7XkRRbzy7cJkg4QTrA7JzseTAHgmc2A
kuloch

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:08:46 PM

Can I suggest that if people want to offer criticism, please step up and offer your time & work to the cause. Darkcoin is entirely volunteer based, so we do the best we can with the resources we have available. I would LOVE it if the solution were as simple as "stop changing things, everything's fine". A vote for no more changes to the logo is just that -- your vote. Please don't try to subvert the democratic process -- campaigning loudly for your opinion doesn't give you more votes. We're nearly there with the logo, and I don't expect anyone wants a long period of deliberation on variants now that we have the base design chosen.

From here, there's still a lot of work to be done. Logo --> branding guide --> press releases, graphics, website, etc. The process of hashing out high quality, professional branding via group consensus is always going to be painful & tedious, and this is something I fully accepted before jumping in.

Branding is important even if it seems trivial sometimes. So let's take the time to get it right. The community is coming out with some great work, like the baby blue variation. To me these contributions represent progress. A vote will likely be called to decide on the logo & colour palette, and then we can consider these things finalised and move forward.

I fully understand & sympathise that branding efforts are taking quite a lot of time. It's a pain in my ass too, let me assure you. But I believe in taking the time to do things right the first time. Please get behind the effort and support it, because it represents our face to the world.

To address the concern about volume of posts on logo stuff in this thread, may I make a suggestion:

We move all logo/branding discussion to darkcointalk.org, as a self-enforced policy.

Yay/nay?

How to make more people to vote for DRK?
Twitter, Facebook

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
kuloch

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:10:30 PM

At these levels, bitcoin is vulnerable to darkcoin and zerocash.

When the media gets going about the lack of privacy within bitcoin compared to virtual cash of darkcoin, that will have an impact on people.

Maybe we should change the name to DarkBitCoin and say it is Bitcoin 2.0  Grin

Oh no
DRK has more value than
 Grin

HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 02:11:41 PM

2 weeks ago price was 89 cents

now  53 cents.

thats some %40 drop in value.

and you know what.

total value of coins decreased from 88 million to 22 million.

thats 1/4 th.

mining profitability is bad. almost on par with hirocoin (which is dying quickly with diff down to 49 from 189 last week)

darkcoin hash rate down to 12m from 19m last week. (30% drop)

these are hardcore facts with numbers.

And numbers are tied to real world events:

Bitcoin has lost almost 30% of it's value in that same time - that is the reason for the 40% drop in DRK/USD value. There are fewer fiat exchanges, so the USD/DRK is really USD/BTC -> BTC/DRK

The last (admittedly low volume) transactions for fiat on Prelude.io have USD/DRK at .95 USD/ 1 DRK. If the value of DRK could free-float against USD, it would likely have stayed the same. It is still in the .0013 range against BTC - a statistically insignificant change.

The coin supply decrease was intentional, not a market response. It means nothing in an economic sense except that the decision was made to further limit the number of coins created. Please explain why that is relevant.

the DRK hash rate varies widely. Over the last 24 hours, it has been as high as 19GH/s (drk.poolhash.org/poolhash.html) It has been steadily growing, and the fluctuation in block to block hash rate is an intentional design element by the developers. Please explain why this concerns you.

"There are three kinds of lies:
lies, damn lies, and statistics."

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:18:17 PM

One consistent pattern I have noticed is that frequent posters on this thread do not spam other subforums, forums, blogs etc to pimp Darkcoin. It is done in a good subtle way when warranted which speaks volumes about the community. I don't see Darkcoin folks attacking other coins and or their community either. On the other hand DRK is consistently attacked, hated, smeared, berated mostly by followers of competing coins and or generic altcoin followers. I even see some complain that Darkcoin is just marketing campaign. Kinda sad state of affairs when they attack innovation and real developers with real names, all the while hiding behind keyboards AND if anything, Darkcoin lacks viral marketing.

There could be more than one successful anonymous coin. Why do they need to stomp over each other? I will never understand the vitriol.

It's quite simple. DARKSEND is not out of BETA. Anon coin members are upset at their next to non-existent dev. It's also made up of a lot of "children" who got attracted to the whole "anonymous" spiel.

The second set of harpies are those who want DARKSEND out of BETA quickly because of the pumping going on for coins like ZETA and BC. It certainly hurts knowing your coin might be more technically advanced and useful but ignored, that I understand.

The third set of screechers are  the moochers waiting for DARKSEND to be open sourced so they can jump on and pump out their clone coins with IPOS and then claim innovation. We've already seen it with HIC. The users took responsibility for popularizing X-11, stripping Evan from the mast head. It's inevitable but it is what it is.

I always keep seeing some apparition buy walls that keep appearing and disappearing on cryptsy and mintpal. If that's any indication, it's that DARK coin has investors waiting in the wings for DARKSEND to come out of BETA before the marketing Blitz begins. This is the only coin that I've held on to for more than a month, all I can do is wait. That 112 BTC buy wall was not for decoration. People with money to pump the coin have taken notice but why pump it when it is not yet ready?

Hircoin actually did help bring out x11 to a lot of GPU miners. Up until that point, it was only those who had discovered Darkcoin. They did a lot more marketing and I don't think they ever took away credit from Evan and it is still there. The developer is sincere about his support and if I am not mistaken, actually spoke with Evan before coming up with the idea for Hirocoin. Their "Marketing/Community Manager" on the other hand positioned Hirocoin as a "non shady" version of Darkcoin  Roll Eyes they backtracked their negative marketing after it was pointed out here.
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:38:16 PM

Here are some steps forward we need to do:

1. Darksend popularity
2. Low temp/noise mining popularity between GPU miners - "Summer is coming" Wink
3. P2P multipool who pays in darkcoins - he'll buy darkcoins constantly and support the price
4. POS/Smartcard (Darkcard Wink ) shopping network - each POS with own address connected to a Darkcoin network and each Darkcard with own address ready to pay or receive Darkcoins
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:33:07 PM

I'd be interested in creating the P2Pool multipool. I'm looking into getting the software for it currently

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
naxin

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:07:42 PM

2. Low temp/noise mining popularity between GPU miners - "Summer is coming" Wink
That actually is something important to consider using in marketing, over the summer mining costs not only are what you pay on energy, but how much more you have to pay in electricity to pay for air conditioning to offset the 80 C air you are pumping out of your graphics cards.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:09:31 PM

I'd be interested in creating the P2Pool multipool. I'm looking into getting the software for it currently

payout in drk?
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:14:23 PM

payout in drk?

If payout in btc that won`t be a good idea....
The price would be dumped everytime they switch on drk mining...

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

This feels like we didn't like the "D" and simply wanted to replace it.

Well, I prefer the current D because unlike with this new "trendy" font style (seriously, a lot of shitcoin used this font style lately!) I can easily tell it's a D.

All buy order in DRK/USD are mine... Let's make some history to unblock this pair.

On it!
(Don't worry, I won't crash it to 0.01$ Grin)

Hmmm...
I signed up for an account and sent in a small amount of DRK when I wrote this but it didn't show up yet.
This is my deposit address: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XciKeBoPkUUmS3RshW9j26sMYxuFdwVGJh
This address received and already transferred those coins until they finally found their resting place on a fourth one.
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:58:41 PM

Well, I prefer the current D because unlike with this new "trendy" font style (seriously, a lot of shitcoin used this font style lately!) I can easily tell it's a D.

All buy order in DRK/USD are mine... Let's make some history to unblock this pair.

On it!

Hmmm...
I signed up for an account and sent in a small amount of DRK when I wrote this but it didn't show up yet.
This is my deposit address: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XciKeBoPkUUmS3RshW9j26sMYxuFdwVGJh
This address received and already transferred those coins until they finally found their resting place on a fourth one.
I've currently got a small buy order for DRK on Prelude. Has anyone used the USD/DRK or USD/BTC features yet? I was considering using it to buy but I'm a little unsure if it's available yet.
janos666

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:05:08 PM

On it!

Hmmm...
I've currently got a small buy order for DRK on Prelude. Has anyone used the USD/DRK or USD/BTC features yet? I was considering using it to buy but I'm a little unsure if it's available yet.

I think the market is open. There are bot sell and buy orders, as well as a brief market history.
But don't expect real volume yet if I am not the only one who's deposit takes this long to show up.

By the way, I am not planning on selling significant amounts, I just jumped in to test the exchange with a small amount.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:09:52 PM

Yeah it's clear that there are some relatively heavy duty investors circling.  I'd love to be privy to the details of Evan's conversations with those types of people, incidentally.

As I and many others have said before though, everything hinges on DarkSend working as advertised.
janos666

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:24:52 PM

Yeah it's clear that there are some relatively heavy duty investors circling.

Or somebody wants you to think that...
I would usually bet that it's a fake wall to make you buy from the very same person who fakes the buy order but doesn't really plan on buying any more (except some small amounts to make the history charts more appealing and to clear out the small sellers from the table). But in this case, I tend to believe that some people really wish to play in big and speculate on the effect of the DarkSend feature. Or even not just speculate, but they actually plan on using the coins for real word payments (through DarkSend, when anonymity is desirable for them), not just buy at low and sell on high as soon as possible.
DarkSend has the potential to be a valuable thing. So, even if it won't work out as planned, the promise of it can increase the demand. Both fake and real (most coins only scratch the fake part).
But with that in mind, even the DarkSend feature itself could be a tool to make you buy (and will never actually work as planned). You might never know until everything becomes history.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:48:26 PM

You might never know until everything becomes history.

It is always better to fail trying than doing nothing and seeing that somebody is hitting the success...

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:27:27 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 12:51:05 PM by dupee419

New P2Pool node located in New England. 0.5% fee
http://70.105.244.71:7903

the usual login rules apply, no exchange addresses.
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:37:27 PM

Or somebody wants you to think that...
I would usually bet that it's a fake wall to make you buy from the very same person who fakes the buy order but doesn't really plan on buying any more

The problem is you can't fake a 112BTC buy wall on cryptsy (at least there is no evidence that you can).  If you place a buy order you are risking that it get filled in one trade.  There is no way (unless you have inside access to cryptsy servers) to withdraw a buy order between the time that someone tries to sell to the order and the time that the order completes.

This exact scenario was the subject of a recent 60 minutes episode, and book "flash boys".  The book describes how high frequency traders were able to place huge buy walls, then intercept incoming large sell orders milliseconds before they hit the exchange. By moving the buy wall back a fraction of a second before the sell order arrived at the exchange they were able to make billions of USD.  They were only able to do this though with hundreds of millions of dollars invested into infrastructure in/around NYC.

Ultimately only someone with inside access to the Cryptsy servers would be able to set up fake buy walls in this manner, and there is no evidence that this has ever happened.
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 06:41:08 PM

Can someone tell me what is the usual darkcoin power usage compared to scrypt? Lower, higher? I need a specific value for the hashrate you get. Best would be for udnervolted 280x or 290.

I am trying to add darkcoin to my site and need this data.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: