Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:34:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722458 times)
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:17:57 PM

If u think its crazy now wait till after the hard fork.

Gonna go Apeshit! (4-6)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:19:08 PM

Some issues I see with DRK.  tl;dr at bottom

Assuming the coin anonymity feature stands the test of time, most people are still showing their hand in other ways.  Just by posting on this forum for instance.  Eventually someone will be brought up on charges by the IRS of tax evasion because the government has a backdoor to everything.  They are probably busy setting up a masternode right now.  And they will catch some drug dealers as well just like Silk Road, everyone was so sure it was secure because maths.  

Then there is the issue of mining.  Everyone knows the mining kernel is not optimized and some people have private miners that do 50% to 300% better than stock.  This is MUCH worse than the "random" rewards problem with DOGE that were not random at all.  People would refuse to mine random rewards coins yet this is many times the magnitude of that problem.  Here is a miner that does 40% better than stock:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=616786.0

Yeah he is in violation of the GPL but he has 30 days to comply in which time he will rack up quite the stash since he is skimming 2% of the hash.  And this is the public version.  Private versions go much further.

tl:dr
1. the privacy won't last
2. the mining is grossly unfair

Before you make comments, do research.

The leader of silk road wasn't caught because theres  a "backdoor" in TOR. He was caught because he got lazy, and used one of his personal email addresses, which of course was traced back to his IP and to him.

TOR has no backdoors, Darkcoin has no backdoors. Stop spreading bs lies and read before you write something stupid.

Remember you said this when the first person in the US goes up on charges of tax evasion via darkcoin in the next few years.

I will, and I'll message you how it wasn't because of "backdoors" but because of his mistakes, you're so misinformed it's crazy. Do you even know how TOR and darkcoin works? Read both whitepapers please....

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:20:37 PM

Assuming the coin anonymity feature stands the test of time, most people are still showing their hand in other ways.  Just by posting on this forum for instance.  Eventually someone will be brought up on charges by the IRS of tax evasion because the government has a backdoor to everything.

If people are giving information around, how is this a problem for DRK in particular? If you want to remain anonymous when doing something, then you have to take all-around measures, not just use an anonymous currency. That's a mindset.

Then there is the issue of mining.  Everyone knows the mining kernel is not optimized and some people have private miners that do 50% to 300% better than stock.  This is MUCH worse than the "random" rewards problem with DOGE that were not random at all.  People would refuse to mine random rewards coins yet this is many times the magnitude of that problem.  Here is a miner that does 40% better than stock:

Yeah he is in violation of the GPL but he has 30 days to comply in which time he will rack up quite the stash since he is skimming 2% of the hash.  And this is the public version.  Private versions go much further.

There are no private miners 300% over stock, unless you are referring to the experimental nvidia miner - but nvidia is already scaling very well with 750ti / 780ti cards which already multiplies the hashpower of AMD.

Besides even if there are, say, 10-20-30 guys with uber-evolved miners, their GPU count is too low in the sum of nethash.

I'd be more concerned with ASICs raping Scrypt. That's unfairness (in the sense that the companies already are mining with huge ASIC farms) while most individuals are doing GPU-only.
BitSmacker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:20:45 PM

The anonymity feature is doomed to fail and should be halted.  It is costing too much and will be in vain.
BitSmacker

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:22:19 PM

And you can mine X11 with gridseeds, hate to burst your bubble.

My time here is up, I'm out for now.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 01:23:56 PM

Assuming the coin anonymity feature stands the test of time, most people are still showing their hand in other ways.  Just by posting on this forum for instance.  Eventually someone will be brought up on charges by the IRS of tax evasion because the government has a backdoor to everything.  They are probably busy setting up a masternode right now.  And they will catch some drug dealers as well just like Silk Road, everyone was so sure it was secure because maths.  

This is just a dumb comment.  When your wealth is PRIVATE, you can spend a bit of it here and there and still COMPLY with the tax laws of the country of your residence!

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:24:16 PM

proof?

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:24:21 PM

The anonymity feature is doomed to fail and should be halted.  It is costing too much and will be in vain.

We are the Borg. Resistance if futile. You will be assimilated.

Scrypt asics, do scrypt. X11 asics WILL do x11, when they come.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:24:28 PM

Keep thinking that, because I know business owners that refuse to use Bitcoin Because it's not anonymous, who wants everyone/your competitors knowing how much you purchased for such and such item?

I also read stories of companies refusing to use bitcoin because of those reasons, Darkcoin is the anonymous solution, with little fees, anonymous transactions, asic resistant algo, this is the perfect coin to use for businesses and people who want privacy.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
z92747392

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:25:11 PM

Assuming the coin anonymity feature stands the test of time, most people are still showing their hand in other ways.  Just by posting on this forum for instance.  Eventually someone will be brought up on charges by the IRS of tax evasion because the government has a backdoor to everything.

If people are giving information around, how is this a problem for DRK in particular? If you want to remain anonymous when doing something, then you have to take all-around measures, not just use an anonymous currency. That's a mindset.

There are no private miners 300% over stock, unless you are referring to the experimental nvidia miner - but nvidia is already scaling very well with 750ti / 780ti cards which already multiplies the hashpower of AMD.

Besides even if there are, say, 10-20-30 guys with uber-evolved miners, their GPU count is too low in the sum of nethash.

I'd be more concerned with ASICs raping Scrypt. That's unfairness (in the sense that the companies already are mining with huge ASIC farms) while most individuals are doing GPU-only.

Also, if you read the thread, people are reporting higher reject rates and no changes in hashrates on the actual pool.  The miner is just reporting higher hashrates, but nothing is showing up on the pool side.  No increase in temps, no increase in power consumption, and no increase in hashrate on the pool?  And there's a 2% fee?  Yeah, no.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:25:34 PM

proof?

He's spreading lies...doesn't know how TOR and Darkcoin operates, and is either a

1) Troll
2) Mad because he sold early/didn't hold

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 01:25:42 PM

Who wants some Bitsmacker whale blubber?  ME!!!

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
HiddenDark

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:28:44 PM

DRK now over $15

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:32:53 PM

enough with you madness, i'm the worst trader ever, and i bought some DRK, now for shure incoming dump!!!!
Don't let your mind play tricks on you.  Darkcoin is more valuable than litecoin.
What hhave LTC ?? nothing comparing to DRK...
and LTC have now asics like BTC so LTC GPU king must fall to another Gpu king Smiley siple that makes me happy.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:35:42 PM

enough with you madness, i'm the worst trader ever, and i bought some DRK, now for shure incoming dump!!!!
Don't let your mind play tricks on you.  Darkcoin is more valuable than litecoin.
What hhave LTC ?? nothing comparing to DRK...
and LTC have now asics like BTC so LTC GPU king must fall to another Gpu king Smiley siple that makes me happy.

Darkcoin is more valuable than Bitcoin...

Only thing Bitcoin has now is it's age to back it up.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:35:59 PM

Some people focus too much on the mining side of things to determine whether a crypto coin is valuable or not. This is a mistake, to do a real world analogy mining is on the side of "manufacturing" the product, the world have shifted towards the end user, the focus is on who and how does the coin benefits the end user, what does it offer that bitcoin, the market leader, does not offer. In the case of Darkcoin is privacy and there is a big market for it, that is the main driver. There are many applications for this coin as a financial instrument that have nothing to do with retail, storing value, donating to political campaigns, moving money out of authoritarian regimes, corporate business B2B where competitive information needs to be kept safe, etc.

So Darkcoin brings this to the table, now what does the Darkcoin project offer over other attempts to tackle this market segment. There are many key differences: first mover advantage, original work e.g. x11, dgw3, Darksend, masternodes, transparent developer facing the project(we know who we are working with), strong community that is committed to the success of the project. Great innovation, you need to invest not in the current features but in the future developments that we dont yet know off, basically you should invest in "Steve Jobs" before he invents the "iphone" not after. That is why I am supporting Evan, real investors can't support some unknown developer hiding behind a nickname in a forum. Yes you are going to bring up Satoshi, but that is different because Bitcoin didnt exist or anything like it so we took it as it came, now after the Bitcoin experiment, people want more transparency to put their money in, specially with all the previous scams in the altcoin world.

If you ask me Darkcoin has everything to become a big player and will work hard as a volunteer and holder to support it. Just my 2 duffs.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:36:37 PM

DRK now over $15

Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:36:53 PM

Some people focus too much on the mining side of things to determine whether a crypto coin is valuable or note. This is a mistake, to do a real world analogy mining is on the side of "manufacturing" the product, the world have shifted toward the end user, the focus is on who and how does the coin benefits the end user, what does it offer that bitcoin, the market leader, does not offer. In the case of Darkcoin is privacy and there is a big market for it, that is the main driver. There are many applications for this coin as a financial instrument that have nothing to do with retail, storing value, donating to political campaigns, moving money out of authoritarian regimes, corporate business B2B where competitive information needs to be kept safe, etc.

So Darkcoin brings this to the table, now what does the Darkcoin project offer over other attempts to tackle this market segment. There are many key differences: first mover advantage, original work e.g. x11, dgw3, Darksend, masternodes, transparent developer facing the project(we know who we are working with), strong community that is committed to the success of the project. Great innovation, you need to invest not in the current features but in the future developments that we dont yet know off, basically you should invest in "Steve Jobs" before he invents the "iphone" not after. That is why I am supporting Evan, real investors can't support some unknown developer hiding behind a nickname in a forum. Yes you are going to bring up Satoshi, but that is different because Bitcoin didnt exist or anything like it so we took it as it came, now after the Bitcoin experiment, people want more transparency to put their money in, specially with all the previous scams in the altcoin world.

If you ask me Darkcoin has everything to become a big player and will work hard as a volunteer and holder to support it. Just my 2 duffs.

+1, the real world applications for Darkcoin are endless. Anonymous transactions are/will be in high demand, companies need it, individuals need it...

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:38:01 PM

DRK now over $15

gonna be 66,666,666 soon

maimaiti

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:38:34 PM

Some people focus too much on the mining side of things to determine whether a crypto coin is valuable or note. This is a mistake, to do a real world analogy mining is on the side of "manufacturing" the product, the world have shifted toward the end user, the focus is on who and how does the coin benefits the end user, what does it offer that bitcoin, the market leader, does not offer. In the case of Darkcoin is privacy and there is a big market for it, that is the main driver. There are many applications for this coin as a financial instrument that have nothing to do with retail, storing value, donating to political campaigns, moving money out of authoritarian regimes, corporate business B2B where competitive information needs to be kept safe, etc.

+1, the real world applications for Darkcoin are endless. Anonymous transactions are/will be in high demand, companies need it, individuals need it...
2014 is the year of dkc. Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: