Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 [2377] 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722290 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:59:55 AM

Quick question

Darkcoin has clearly been on a downward trend since March 23 2014,

Why do you guys think this will change and you'll go back to the moon?

I mean... 4 months of this coins 8 month life has been all bad.

Why now?

And dont feed me RC4 please as its clearly a last ditch effort to drive up the price so the last of the premined coins can be offloaded to new bagholders.

So, anyone care to answer my question?
ok Bob.  please answer why is BTC and LTC been down trending since December?  god i hate short  time investors!  so lets play a game Bob,  lets print out all the trade history for BTC for the last 4 years, Bob,  then lets start breaking out pump and dump cycles in BTC as you may call it Bob. Lets do quarterly cycles Bob and use your reasoning.... a new trading for succes by investing in short term  windows... brought to you by Bob... guru of wealth.   And using this path to success  thought process BTC is tanked... i believe its under $595.00 today,  Bob... to remind your short term memory thats less then half what it was trading in December, Bob. So... lets panic and dump BTC because Bobs short term winning strategy says its way down,  right Bob.  

So quick answer Bob why its down,  there is many,  just  like with BTC... do you want to be the guy to tell everyone that BTV will never be worth 1200.00 based on your winning strategy?  Bob?    

First of all its "short-term investors". I've been invested in BTC since 2012 so I wouldn't consider myself to fall into that category. Second, BTC is not tanked, it's on a upward trend if you look at the big picture but you're so blind you fail to see that.

BTC and LTC are miles ahead of all these alts so to try and compare them to drk or any alt is just crazy. BTC and LTC have massive user adoption, years of history and real world places to spend these coins for years now , not to mention the infrastructure. DRK has none of that. All dark has is 8 months of broken promises, failed anon features and buggy code.

Now maybe if you looked into my post history you would see that I am a huge BTC bull and have been since day one. I would never tell people to dump BTC as I believe it will always remain number one.

This crap darkcoin has been around for 8 months, 4 of witch have been really bad for any holders who got in during those 4 months. It's obvious that one day there will be a need for a truly anon coin but that coin wont be drk and drk will just be a distant memory just like the flappybird coin.

Enjoy bagholding this crap, in the meantime I'll be stocking up on some real winners like btc and claok.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:18:21 AM

Darkcoin has been slowly going down because although its an amazing solution to a problem it is not open sourced. The people who want to use an anonymous crypto currency also want to be 100% sure that they can trust the services. Once all the features of Darkcoin are open sourced then they will be trusted and used. In my opinion it won't go up as much with Rc4 as it will when it becomes open source and everyone wanting a truly anonymous crypto solution will be able to use it trustingly.

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:22:21 AM

Quick question

Darkcoin has clearly been on a downward trend since March 23 2014,

Why do you guys think this will change and you'll go back to the moon?

I mean... 4 months of this coins 8 month life has been all bad.

Why now?

And dont feed me RC4 please as its clearly a last ditch effort to drive up the price so the last of the premined coins can be offloaded to new bagholders.

So, anyone care to answer my question?
ok Bob.  please answer why is BTC and LTC been down trending since December?  god i hate short  time investors!  so lets play a game Bob,  lets print out all the trade history for BTC for the last 4 years, Bob,  then lets start breaking out pump and dump cycles in BTC as you may call it Bob. Lets do quarterly cycles Bob and use your reasoning.... a new trading for succes by investing in short term  windows... brought to you by Bob... guru of wealth.   And using this path to success  thought process BTC is tanked... i believe its under $595.00 today,  Bob... to remind your short term memory thats less then half what it was trading in December, Bob. So... lets panic and dump BTC because Bobs short term winning strategy says its way down,  right Bob.  

So quick answer Bob why its down,  there is many,  just  like with BTC... do you want to be the guy to tell everyone that BTV will never be worth 1200.00 based on your winning strategy?  Bob?    

First of all its "short-term investors". I've been invested in BTC since 2012 so I wouldn't consider myself to fall into that category. Second, BTC is not tanked, it's on a upward trend if you look at the big picture but you're so blind you fail to see that.

BTC and LTC are miles ahead of all these alts so to try and compare them to drk or any alt is just crazy. BTC and LTC have massive user adoption, years of history and real world places to spend these coins for years now , not to mention the infrastructure. DRK has none of that. All dark has is 8 months of broken promises, failed anon features and buggy code.

Now maybe if you looked into my post history you would see that I am a huge BTC bull and have been since day one. I would never tell people to dump BTC as I believe it will always remain number one.

This crap darkcoin has been around for 8 months, 4 of witch have been really bad for any holders who got in during those 4 months. It's obvious that one day there will be a need for a truly anon coin but that coin wont be drk and drk will just be a distant memory just like the flappybird coin.

Enjoy bagholding this crap, in the meantime I'll be stocking up on some real winners like btc and claok.

wow Bob... trading BTC since 2012? that makes you a long time trader?   BTC and LTC on a up trend.... hardly Bob.   Bob  BTC was $1200.00 8 months ago Bob.... its fuckn at 595.00 right now... want to explain that to the BTC bagholders Bob.  Bob  BTC is number one to guys like you and me because we made 100's of thousands on the back of bag holders Bob... we love  BTC because it made us rich... Bob.  Im in drk not because i need the money now Bob... remember we did that back with  BTC.  Im in dark because from the get go there was a guy with a dream... that i could  email and talk to about his plans months ago... that he was approachable... and a real human being.   that at times makes mistakes but non the less a real person... Satoshi anyone... anyone have coffee with him or sent some emails,  Bob?   Bob... you need to give your head a shake and stop being "that guy"  Mr FUD!  come on... you and i both know which coin has the crown for bagholders Bob... BTC... remember thats how we made our money.  drk is my chance to give back and be part of something with real people.  Bob... you dont have to like drk,  move on... but dont spread lies and talk up BTC and pretend your a long timer trading BTC since 2012...because thata not a long time.  So either help here and ask intelligent questions and show respect for others investments or go and try to convince people  that BTC isnt the king of bagholder coins.  your call.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:22:34 AM

The best wish we can give you, is go all in / sell your house and buy cloak. For most of us, the reason is obvious - as has been the case for all the P&Ds that have paraded through the DRK thread and are now nowhere to be found.

This crap darkcoin has been around for 8 months, 4 of witch have been really bad for any holders who got in during those 4 months.

You don't even know the history of the coin and you claim to give "advice" to noobs? Price in March was 0.001x. Now it's 0.01.
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:24:55 AM

Oh Bob

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:35:15 AM

Darkcoin has been slowly going down because although its an amazing solution to a problem it is not open sourced. The people who want to use an anonymous crypto currency also want to be 100% sure that they can trust the services. Once all the features of Darkcoin are open sourced then they will be trusted and used. In my opinion it won't go up as much with Rc4 as it will when it becomes open source and everyone wanting a truly anonymous crypto solution will be able to use it trustingly.

now  that is a valid observation and i partially agree... and that is why we as a community recommended that once finished it goes open source.  we all understood the risks of not doing so right from the get go... there would be flack... but Evan was very clear  that he wanted this open sourced... which it will be once completed.  And for this reason... people have the right  to wait till it is to invest.  But remember... by then the pricing will be very  different and what i dont  want to hear is... oh these are the early guys and they made all  the money... because we took the leap of faith.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:40:01 AM

now  that is a valid observation and i partially agree... and that is why we as a community recommended that once finished it goes open source.  we all understood the risks of not doing so right from the get go... there would be flack... but Evan was very clear  that he wanted this open sourced... which it will be once completed.  And for this reason... people have the right  to wait till it is to invest.  But remember... by then the pricing will be very  different and what i dont  want to hear is... oh these are the early guys and they made all  the money... because we took the leap of faith.  

that i can only agree with!

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:53:43 AM

I think that looking at the number of masternodes, how many people have already invested - now at ~745, if all goes well with RC4, we are going to see a rise in price thats going to shock the hell out of the crypto world.

Thats a great point. In my opinion it will be bigger once its open source but you're right, people will want drk's but a lot will be stored for masternodes.

This is a point in time where:

* Investors and active supporters are holding
* Potential investors are sitting on the sideline waiting for code release
* Traders are sitting waiting for announcement of RC4 date
* Sellers have sold
* Price pressure is mainly from multi-pools

So, IMO, this is a moment in history where you can't complain about the entry point for Master Nodes.

One to two months ago people were saying Master Nodes were too expensive. Well, there is right this moment a temporary fix for that complaint. When people start saying that again in 2-3 weeks time, I will re-post this:

In the third week in July 2014, right before the unique DRK anon code was released to the world and DRKs were affordable, you should have bought in.  Instead, you decided to wait a little longer. That was your choice. You didn't want to take the risk on the uncertainty. Plenty of others were.

So now, stop fucking complaining about the high price of Darkcoins. There is no advantage to early investors, they were just prepared to use Google for a few hours to take a look at the anon options in the market and the issues around privacy and the lack of it in Bitcoin, Litecoin and many other coins.

These guys looked at the close relationship Darkcoin has with Bitcoin and Litecoin, and how these established coins could be at a disadvantage in some circumstances from their lack of privacy and how easily Darkcoin could be added alongside them to fix privacy issues for those that wanted that reassurance.

Yes there are other anon options, but which can be slotted next to Bitcoin and Litecoin without too much work, that is the question you must ask yourself as the price continues to steadily increase.

What is more than certain is that the high price you are complaining about now will simply continue to increase. If it hurts you to buy now, it will be completely out of your reach next month.

The only person you can blame for the high price of Darkcoin and your inability to afford a MN is you.

bump, as it seems relevant
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:08:13 AM

It's pretty simple: If DarkCoin becomes the long term preferred coin for unlawful trades (Drugs, Guns, CP) on the Dark Web. It will be 50x till 300x of the value today.

If it wont, DRK will be worthless, like other failed coins. The project most likely dies or finds  small niche, were it can survive with its own small scene/use cases then.

The project would die, as everybody would be turning to supporting the preffered Dark Web coin. Who knows which coin that will be.

This is not DRK-specific, all anon coins would die or be semi-dead (without the winning one) by then. As it is pretty obvious that there is only room, for one privacy crypto-currency to establish an healthy community and eco-system, so the coin can survive mid-term/long-term.

The #1 coin for illegal trade, will 100% also be the #1 coin for legitimate private crypto-currency usage. Because of network effects for eg.
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:11:28 AM

It's pretty simple: If DarkCoin becomes the long term preferred coin for illicites trades (Drugs, Guns, CP) on the Dark Web. It will be 50x till 300x of the value today.

If it wont, DRK will be worthless, like other failed coins. The project most likely dies or finds  small niche, were it can survive with its own small scene/use cases then.

The project would die, as everybody would be turning to supporting the preffered Dark Web coin. Who knows which coin that will be.

This is not DRK-specific, all anon coins would die or be semi-dead (without the winning one) by then. As it is pretty obvious that there is only room, for one privacy crypto-currency to establish an healthy community and eco-system, so the coin can survive mid-term/long-term.

The #1 coin for illegale trade, will 100% also be the #1 coin for legitimate private crypto-currency usage. Because of network effects for eg.

I wouldn't say worthless. With the amount of scrutiny, tracking, etc going into bitcoin I think every day legitimate users are going to start looking elsewhere. To solutions like DRK. Either way cheap DRK at the moment.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:16:12 AM

It's pretty simple: If DarkCoin becomes the long term preferred coin for illicites trades (Drugs, Guns, CP) on the Dark Web. It will be 50x till 300x of the value today.

The #1 coin for illegale trade, will 100% also be the #1 coin for legitimate private crypto-currency usage. Because of network effects for eg.

Exactly, and at this time DRK is still leading, whatever people want to believe.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:23:34 AM

As we near the open source release of Darkcoin's DarkSend, the last action on my list of to-do's that need to be made is for Satoshi to use Darkcoin, preferably by transferring a BTC from a known Satoshi address, or perhaps a message under 'I am not Dorian Nakamoto' post http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/profile/SatoshiNakamoto

That is a tall challenge, and one that would easily fail.

But, I may give it a try. What do you think? Is it worth trying, or would that cause unintended consequences that might create more problems?
salmion

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:28:11 AM

As we near the open source release of Darkcoin's DarkSend, the last action on my list of to-do's that need to be made is for Satoshi to use Darkcoin, preferably by transferring a BTC from a known Satoshi address, or perhaps a message under 'I am not Dorian Nakamoto' post http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/profile/SatoshiNakamoto

But, I may give it a try. What do you think? Is it worth trying, or would that cause unintended consequences that might create more problems?

Difficult. I wouldn't post a question on that link.. it would seem like a very cheap plug.

But if you can reach out without posting a sooooo... darkcoin? Go for it..

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:28:28 AM

I wouldn't say worthless. With the amount of scrutiny, tracking, etc going into bitcoin I think every day legitimate users are going to start looking elsewhere. To solutions like DRK. Either way cheap DRK at the moment.
I think there is no room, for an illegal coin and an "legit privacy" coin.
And experience   shows in IT, when its about privacy/security, there is no split between "legit" and "illlegal" users or services.
E-Mail-Encryption e.g is to 99% done with PGP, by legit and illegal users, there no two solutions.
Disk-Encryption e.g. TrueCrypt is the leading standard software, with 90% market share and its used legit and illegal users, there no two solutions.
There is only dominanting "Dark Net"/"Dark Web" (with an active scene) on the internet, with TOR and not two big ones, one for legit users and one for criminals. Wink

Or just look at IT-security: good guys (IT-Sec consultants) and bad guys (hackers) use the same pen-testing/hacking-tools.
Another example: are Bitcoin-Mixers, which are used users from both "sides".

So for me it's obvious: there will be only one big active privacy coin, with enough users, eco-system and developers.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:29:06 AM

It's pretty simple: If DarkCoin becomes the long term preferred coin for unlawful trades (Drugs, Guns, CP) on the Dark Web. It will be 50x till 300x of the value today.

The #1 coin for illegal trade, will 100% also be the #1 coin for legitimate private crypto-currency usage. Because of network effects for eg.

Well, if that were the case, then we are in pretty auspicious company.

* Internet - that's what everyone said about it 15 years ago
* Bitocion - that's what everyone said about it 2 years ago, and are still saying about it

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:32:58 AM

Difficult. I wouldn't post a question on that link.. it would seem like a very cheap plug.

But if you can reach out without posting a sooooo... darkcoin? Go for it..

I have no intention on doing that. No need.
salmion

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:29:42 AM

but why do you think satoshi would use darkcoin before is completely opensource? this would clearly only work after satoshi could have read the code... you cannot ask him to use (promote) a blackbox?

Code review Smiley
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:40:26 AM

but why do you think satoshi would use darkcoin before is completely opensource? this would clearly only work after satoshi could have read the code... you cannot ask him to use (promote) a blackbox?

For all we know he is looking at it now.

But, to your good point. I haven't figured out the best way forward on this, yet.

But the New York - which-may-become-a-template-for-all states- regulations, plus the IP tracking issues and the implications for the safety of individuals using Bitcoin, all seem to make a compelling case for, at the very least, saying, '...possibly, there are some merits....' and this could at a very outside chance lead to '....let me try....'
Pool Op2

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:45:13 AM

A Profit Seeking Auto Switching Multiport Multipool

A Tested and Approved MiningRigRentals Compatible Pool

Seeking Long Term DarkCoin Miners
We have thoughtfully designed our multipool for long term miners
At 0.8 % Fees Plus Increased Speed and Security You Can’t Lose

Mining Information :
We use a lightning fast node.js stratum. All coins use Vardiff
Instant Pay to Your Wallet. We Do Not Hold Your Coins
Unique Mining Key System. One Key for All Coins!
No Usernames, Passwords, Logins or Pins
lightninghash.com

Servers :
Our Clustered Servers are Located in the USA in an Enterprise Level Data Center
Each Server has 16 Cores with 72 GB Ram and are Fully Redundant
Our Servers are on a DDOS Resistant Network
lightninghash.com

Multi-Pool Auto Switching at http://lightninghash.com
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:49:15 AM

I think there is no room, for an illegal coin and an "legit privacy" coin.
And experience   shows in IT, when its about privacy/security, there is no split between "legit" and "illlegal" users or services.
E-Mail-Encryption e.g is to 99% done with PGP, by legit and illegal users, there no two solutions.
Disk-Encryption e.g. TrueCrypt is the leading standard software, with 90% market share and its used legit and illegal users, there no two solutions.
There is only dominanting "Dark Net"/"Dark Web" (with an active scene) on the internet, with TOR and not two big ones, one for legit users and one for criminals. Wink

Or just look at IT-security: good guys (IT-Sec consultants) and bad guys (hackers) use the same pen-testing/hacking-tools.
Another example: are Bitcoin-Mixers, which are used users from both "sides".

So for me it's obvious: there will be only one big active privacy coin, with enough users, eco-system and developers.

At last, somebody with a brain that raises some thought provoking content.

I would have to say I agree with this.

Right now DRK is the clear leader and I can hand on heart say no other Anon project is even close to having a turn key solution to satisfy these demands.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Pages: « 1 ... 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 [2377] 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: