Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 [4684] 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 04:49:21 AM

a masternode is on sale on cryptsy for 14.4 btc atm. in case anyone want Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 04:59:28 AM

Hi my Dashers

say what?

Evan, while you're around.

Can you add a 'skip MN payment' switch in for Rux.

Cheers  Wink

LOL nice laugh on this beautifull morning, thx coins101

hey.... we should have POLL ... its not fair  Wink

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:11:54 AM

I don't know, but there was an entity at least 9 months ago who was buying up coins, hitting numbers like pi 314159.... and I don't remember, the fibonacci sequence?  I can't recall.  But it's possible that this is the same account?  Anyone know?

Inputs go all the way back to one of the first miners it appears. Granted, I figured there were some large holders of around 3-4% but double digits and constantly rolling 1k vins forward into new masternodes doesn't strike me as incredibly healthy for a currency. I kinda figured Evan had around 200-300k coins presently (after clearing over a million in usd equivalent) with the chunks that went to the exchanges late april to early june but to still have a stockpile of coins this large is a bit shocking.

I agree, but on the other hand, I think the system is working.  Even this huge entity can only make 582 masternodes, which isn't even close enough to de-anonymize a few rounds of DS. especially with masternode blinding, which is coming up.  

We do have to consider such an entity as a potential enemy though and be sure they can't take down the system or break the anonymity.  But since anyone can do 8 or more rounds, and it would take more than 90% control of the network to hope to get 1% chance of following the coins (I don't remember the actual numbers, so that's not correct), it seems the system will work.  You can easily see that if one didn't have to "put up" collateral to run a masternode, that there would be no way to control this.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:46:17 AM

This is definitely bullish for DASH, alot of ripple holder didnt see this coming  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

http://imgur.com/cFk2pQM

Later this year, Ripple Labs will enhance identity requirements for Ripple Trade wallets by establishing additional account creation and verification procedures in support of a compliant Ripple network. This will include the collection of additional identifiable information. An ecosystem that supports regulatory compliance builds confidence and encourages new participants to use Ripple and contribute volume to the network.

To learn more about how Ripple Labs is developing an identity solution for Ripple Trade and the overall ecosystem, read our previous communication. We will be in touch with more information soon.

Thank you for using Ripple Trade, and please don’t hesitate to email support@ripple.com with any questions or concerns.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:08:16 AM

I don't know, but there was an entity at least 9 months ago who was buying up coins, hitting numbers like pi 314159.... and I don't remember, the fibonacci sequence?  I can't recall.  But it's possible that this is the same account?  Anyone know?

Inputs go all the way back to one of the first miners it appears. Granted, I figured there were some large holders of around 3-4% but double digits and constantly rolling 1k vins forward into new masternodes doesn't strike me as incredibly healthy for a currency. I kinda figured Evan had around 200-300k coins presently (after clearing over a million in usd equivalent) with the chunks that went to the exchanges late april to early june but to still have a stockpile of coins this large is a bit shocking.

I agree, but on the other hand, I think the system is working.  Even this huge entity can only make 582 masternodes, which isn't even close enough to de-anonymize a few rounds of DS. especially with masternode blinding, which is coming up. 

We do have to consider such an entity as a potential enemy though and be sure they can't take down the system or break the anonymity.  But since anyone can do 8 or more rounds, and it would take more than 90% control of the network to hope to get 1% chance of following the coins (I don't remember the actual numbers, so that's not correct), it seems the system will work.  You can easily see that if one didn't have to "put up" collateral to run a masternode, that there would be no way to control this.

I'm not assuming the anonymity will be broken, even at this percentage of ownership, and certainly not when blinding is implemented however, it's certainly not "healthy" having a substantial portion of the money supply under one entity, especially as it relates to new coin generation--that's one of the primary reasons I will never hold POS coins for anything other than a trade because the largest holders continue to be the ones obtaining the majority of the coins. Since the masternode reward will continue to climb monthly until 60%, it's only going to get worse if these new coins continue to roll into new masternodes getting compounded. For instance, at 580 masternodes currently, the entity is generating ~286 coins a day (0.494/Dash per node daily)... that means over the course of just one month, that entity can bring online another 8 masternodes (and that's just today's figures which doesn't factor in increasing rewards and compounding from new nodes). It's not hard to see how over many months that the entity will continue to increase it's coin supply ownership and composition of total masternodes.

I guess it's just a bit shocking that ownership is this substantial. I know the whole instamine ordeal (and I've been around long enough to see the stagnant price action early on as coins were distributed) but the fact that such a large position still remains even after how many coins were sold during the rise to its ATH... just... well... blows.

Given a masternode count of 2400, that means roughly a third (if not more) is owned by this entity and Otoh. If this really is Evan, it would be nice once and for all to really know. Obviously a large stake directly aligns with a productive incentive so there's that, but one does have to just look at the numbers and drop their jaw in the amount of control only a few have. I guess you could really say that about much of crypto though anyway. As a coin holder, I'm definitely going to continue watching the activity as a means of knowing if and when these coins end up finding their way to the exchanges.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:12:46 AM

This is definitely bullish for DASH, alot of ripple holder didnt see this coming  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Later this year, Ripple Labs will enhance identity requirements for Ripple Trade wallets by establishing additional account creation and verification procedures in support of a compliant Ripple network. This will include the collection of additional identifiable information. An ecosystem that supports regulatory compliance builds confidence and encourages new participants to use Ripple and contribute volume to the network.

To learn more about how Ripple Labs is developing an identity solution for Ripple Trade and the overall ecosystem, read our previous communication. We will be in touch with more information soon.

Thank you for using Ripple Trade, and please don’t hesitate to email support@ripple.com with any questions or concerns.

Thing is, I can't find anything on how Ripple works.  It just seems like a banking service rather than a decentralized network.  Like a bank created and maintains it's own "coin" system, which is nothing like bitcoin.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:17:08 AM

Super!! A p&d puppet riding the stronger coin's public exposure! wooo-hooo!

+5 star points.

Huh

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:17:24 AM

Thing is, I can't find anything on how Ripple works.  It just seems like a banking service rather than a decentralized network.  Like a bank created and maintains it's own "coin" system, which is nothing like bitcoin.

You're exactly right... Ripple is not a decentralized currency even in the same realm of Bitcoin and the likes--it's a token-based system for banks, seemingly very centralized with poor liquidity for exchanging into other crypto. Ripple is everything that is wrong with crypto rolled into one entity.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:22:01 AM

You're exactly right... Ripple is not a decentralized currency even in the same realm of Bitcoin and the likes--it's a token-based system for banks, seemingly very centralized with poor liquidity for exchanging into other crypto. Ripple is everything that is wrong with crypto rolled into one entity.

Exactly! Ripple is essentially an existencial crypto virus.
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:24:09 AM

[...] Since the masternode reward will continue to climb monthly until 60%, it's only going to get worse if these new coins continue to roll into new masternodes getting compounded. For instance, at 580 masternodes currently, the entity is generating ~286 coins a day (0.494/Dash per node daily)... that means over the course of just one month, that entity can bring online another 8 masternodes (and that's just today's figures which doesn't factor in increasing rewards and compounding from new nodes). It's not hard to see how over many months that the entity will continue to increase it's coin supply ownership and composition of total masternodes.

Percentage wise it stays the same (580/(# of Masternodes) * 100) because others also get rewards and create new Masternodes.
ahoenk

Activity: 1232
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:25:41 AM

This Is Scam Coin, Hyper Inflation, I saw it......i caount it...this coin is Scam Coin...All cheerleader are newbie

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:32:14 AM

[...] Since the masternode reward will continue to climb monthly until 60%, it's only going to get worse if these new coins continue to roll into new masternodes getting compounded. For instance, at 580 masternodes currently, the entity is generating ~286 coins a day (0.494/Dash per node daily)... that means over the course of just one month, that entity can bring online another 8 masternodes (and that's just today's figures which doesn't factor in increasing rewards and compounding from new nodes). It's not hard to see how over many months that the entity will continue to increase it's coin supply ownership and composition of total masternodes.

Percentage wise it stays the same (580/(# of Masternodes) * 100) because others also get rewards and create new Masternodes.

The difference being this percentage is going to grow substantially faster given the amount of new masternodes able to be put online over x period of time from new coin generation alone. Most smaller owners aren't going to be able to scale their percentages at the same level that this entity can without infusing extra capital.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:35:31 AM

The difference being this percentage is going to grow substantially faster given the amount of new masternodes able to be put online over x period of time from new coin generation alone. Most smaller owners aren't going to be able to scale their percentages at the same level that this entity can without infusing extra capital.

Pooled MN's will totally fix this.  Wink

Potentially, even invert this tendency.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:43:09 AM

It will be very interesting to see if this entity eventually starts to sell rather than continue to grow their masternodes.  In other words, is there a price where selling off is too much of a draw, even if it's into another crypto?  Or?

The unfortunate thing here is that no matter what you do, there will never be an egalitarian society.  Not in a free world.  Those with money AND are savy, will have a big head start. 

I don't think Evan will or should disclose how many coins he has.  Personally, the more the better.  The more he has, the more he is motivated to make DASH his career or at least remain an active leader.  But to disclose how much he has would be seriously violating his privacy. 

Did anyone discern whether or not that account is the one that started accumulating about a year ago? (buying on the exchanges?)  I'm not too patient at following the coins, LOL

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:46:09 AM

And eventually, the returns on a masternode will be so much smaller, like even as low as 3%.  At some point, it won't be worth it to run one (just like with mining) and someone like this may decide at that point to invest their funds elsewhere.

It's all going to change as DASH matures.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:51:00 AM

[/quote]

And eventually, the returns on a masternode will be so much smaller, like even as low as 3%.  At some point, it won't be worth it to run one (just like with mining) and someone like this may decide at that point to invest their funds elsewhere.

It's all going to change as DASH matures.
[/quote]

What do you mean Tante? I didn't quite get that. As is seen it, even in the long run (because 1k is harder and harder and harder to get), having a stake in a pooled MN will be much better than any PoStake coin or even a savings account in FIAT.

And when will the MN % reward decrease? Its only going up!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:03:02 AM

What do you mean Tante? I didn't quite get that. As is seen it, even in the long run (because 1k is harder and harder and harder to get), having a stake in a pooled MN will be much better than any PoStake coin or even a savings account in FIAT.

It's harder and harder for people like us, but there is a TON of money out there.  And with pooled masternodes, like said above, people will continue to invest in something with a great return.  Right now, the return is very good, but big money makes 20% a year regularly.  When DASH matures, and the volatility is diminished, 5% per year interest will be considered good to a lot of people, except big money.  Those large holders will bail: slowly, over time, because they will have better opportunities than this.  The percentage of rewards are balancing out until we hit 60%, then the percentage will definitely drop as more masternodes go online.  Plus, each year the mining rewards diminish.

Lets watch those masternodes, we'll see when they start to give up and sell off.  I'm sure they'll sell off slowly, not huge dumps so I don't want anyone thinking there will be a huge panic dump in the future, that would be a stupid move for an investor.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:35:34 AM

The unfortunate thing here is that no matter what you do, there will never be an egalitarian society.

This is not quite true.

An "egalitarian" society doesn't mean that everyone has exactly the same amount of everything in a purely materialistic sense, otherwise we'd have to throw out diversity as well. Do you really want a society in which everyone is a clone of everyone else ?

Lets say the entire world dollar supply is $20 and me and you both start off with $10 each. But you've a guitar that you don't want and I would like one. You sell me your guitar for $5.

Now you've got $15 and I've got $5. Immediately the money supply has become unequally distributed.

Thats why I think that most of these arguments about distribution of crypto are complete baloney. Ok - POW is a reasonable way of getting the money "out there" initially, but markets just blow that distribution to kingdom come eventually.

As far as holdings go, there only are 2 relevant entities: You and Everyone else.

Lets look at things from a global perspective for a moment. There are 7.3 BILLION people in the world. All of cryptocurrency has been effectively "instamined" into the hands of maybe a few thousand of them - lets say 10,000 for arguments sake.

That means the ENTIRE cryptocurrency coin supply is in the hands of just over a MILLIONTH of the world population. Do you really think they could care less about the ethics of distribution WITHIN that millionth ?  Cheesy

busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:47:52 AM

No offense man but your red writing matches the banner and looks like part of the banner, no one see's your red writing, all they see is a big ass banner advertising another coin..... Also, when you go to another thread and post things like "THIS COIN IS A SCAM COIN...." And in your signature it says DASH, well my friend, that reflects poorly on DASH. Just some food for thought. Let the Crave people have their fun, just sit back, enjoy the show and let the monero kids try to police the cryptocurrency forums.  Wink
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:02:46 AM

It's harder and harder for people like us, but there is a TON of money out there.  And with pooled masternodes, like said above, people will continue to invest in something with a great return.  Right now, the return is very good, but big money makes 20% a year regularly.  When DASH matures, and the volatility is diminished, 5% per year interest will be considered good to a lot of people, except big money.  Those large holders will bail: slowly, over time, because they will have better opportunities than this.  The percentage of rewards are balancing out until we hit 60%, then the percentage will definitely drop as more masternodes go online.  Plus, each year the mining rewards diminish.

Lets watch those masternodes, we'll see when they start to give up and sell off.  I'm sure they'll sell off slowly, not huge dumps so I don't want anyone thinking there will be a huge panic dump in the future, that would be a stupid move for an investor.

Do the figures again with DASH at $10, $50, $100 & $500 each.

Then you get a measure of the opportunity. Then you sit down in a busy (has to be busy) coffee shop, get a strong black cup of coffee and say to yourself: how do we get from $3 to $500 over the next 3 years? Then look around at all the people walking in and out buying coffee and how they all physically go about purchasing.
Pages: « 1 ... 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 [4684] 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: