Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:33:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 [4691] 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:01:42 AM

Can I suggest a Plan B team? Or they could just simply be an alternative approach team; which may end up being the Plan A team?

We have a DASH Foundation that is working away behind closed doors (well, more practically on IRC) on a Master Plan for mass adoption.

Like the advert says, what's your plan when you run out of water?

In other words, we need a team to independently think about, come up with and put forward a plan for mass adoption.

That way you remove the risk of group think bias when there are one or two people that influence a direction which ultimately doesn't work.

You could extend this concept to three groups, etc. Groups of 3-5 are very effective, any more than that and it gets too complicated.

You could end up with different groups having one or two great ideas and when you merge them all, you get a great master plan.

Ultimately you have to take a pragmatic approach and recognize you need consensus.

My rationale for this is simple - Bitcoin has gone for mass adoption and it has plenty of retailers, gambling sites, exchanges, etc. But it hasn't got mass adoption. Trying to repeat the same steps as Bitcoin but with a shiny new tool is a risk, IMO.

Discuss.

My 2 Duffs on the issue.

So startup a B team on Dashtalk. Call it the A-team Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:07:31 AM

-snip-

So startup a B team on Dashtalk. Call it the A-team Smiley

Along a similar vein as Vertoe, you currently need buy-in from the Foundation.

-snip-

Help them, or do your own thing. It's up to you.

Right chaps, I'm taking over.

Yes, I get all that.

But for now, the network needs one voice. Otherwise, you're just considered a bunch of loons by the media.
salmion

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:10:30 AM

Plan B:

In terms of why market adoption isn't the be all and end all it's because coins just get dumped for dollars.

The loop that makes up a financial ecosystem needs to be closed. People need to be payed in crypto.

So if someone buys a laptop from Dell coins are dump for dollars but dollars are sold for crypto every month to pay salaries.

If people save a little bit the value of crypto goes up.

--

Your spr ideas are fantastic. Pity SPR is in limbo.

Applying those great ideas to DASH:
Buy in from the foundation? Why? Make nodes that can talk with the dash wallet or an extension of sorts. User adds wallet extension to allow your service job done.

Edit: Or don't tie them into a coin. Subscription service pay in dash, doge whatever.

Edit 2: Approach foundation say I want to make third party apps that run on masternodes I need to be able to perform xyz api calls what do we need to do to make this happen?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:22:05 AM

Plan B:

In terms of why market adoption isn't the be all and end all it's because coins just get dumped for dollars.

The loop that makes up a financial ecosystem needs to be closed. People need to be payed in crypto.

So if someone buys a laptop from Dell coins are dump for dollars but dollars are sold for crypto every month to pay salaries.

If people save a little bit the value of crypto goes up.

--

Your spr ideas are fantastic. Pity SPR is in limbo.

Applying those great ideas to DASH:
Buy in from the foundation? Why? Make nodes that can talk with the dash wallet or an extension of sorts. User adds wallet extension to allow your service job done.

Edit: Or don't tie them into a coin. Subscription service pay in dash, doge whatever.

Edit 2: Approach foundation say I want to make third party apps that run on masternodes I need to be able to perform xyz api calls what do we need to do to make this happen?

* SPR is not in limbo

Back on topic.

* Approach the foundation.....I guess that is what we are talking about.

* Create apps - there was a pretty big decision last summer to steer clear of apps in the medium-term and maintain focus on currency development, in particular mobile. I 100% agreed with that and still do. Distractions now would be just that, distractions from the primary goal from last summers decision on the mobile front.

* The mass adoption issue is a slightly different issue. There are overlaps, but for now its a Foundation direction and contribution to direction discussion, IMO.
DefendKebab

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

Hassan Al-Kebab

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:32:26 AM

What you will say about the price drop ? Whar would be the floor ?

could be 0.013 otherwise it could retest 0.010 resistance.

Güçlü Türkiye Kebab Defenderler
salmion

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:36:33 AM

* Create apps - there was a pretty big decision last summer to steer clear of apps in the medium-term and maintain focus on currency development, in particular mobile. I 100% agreed with that and still do. Distractions now would be just that, distractions from the primary goal from last summers decision on the mobile front.

* The mass adoption issue is a slightly different issue. There are overlaps, but for now its a Foundation direction and contribution to direction discussion, IMO.

So the foundation is busy with currency development  - good.

Distractions? Depends how much of the work we do. If it's a pull request to allow our qt extension and that doesn't infringe on privacy and security but adds to the scope of the currency - why frakking not.

3rd party apps are open to go for.  And by talking about this here expect [PREANN] ExtendaCoin™ with moon worthy QT extensionStore™.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:37:18 AM

-snip-

Thanks, DefendKebab.

Your sig made me laugh, as well as the 10hour long defend kebab song on youtube.

Grin Grin Grin
DefendKebab

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

Hassan Al-Kebab

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:38:46 AM

-snip-

Thanks, DefendKebab.

Your sig made me laugh, as well as the 10hour long defend kebab song on youtube.

Grin Grin Grin

I made that video Wink

Güçlü Türkiye Kebab Defenderler
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:41:14 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 12:38:27 PM by toknormal

Bitcoin is a consensus protocol specification, a team of developers maintaining a reference implementation,

Is has that now but it didn't when Satoshi was creating it. It was essentially a one-man-show (albeit with increasing levels of participation from others as it evolved).

Darkcoin has none of this and should take the time to learn why it's important to support decentralization over corporate-like behaviour, why it's important to achieve a network consensus by miners not developers and why it's important to have democratic fallback infrastructure in place in case there are disputes without consensus. darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin. corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant.

I think you need to be more specific for that argument to carry any weight because at a purely philosophical level it doesn't hold much water with me at least.

How would a "democratic fallback infrastructure" have worked in this project's favour other than killing potentially smart ideas that didn't have "developer consensus" ? Human innovation never has consensus - that's why there's a flotilla of options to choose from out there in the alt-coin market.

For "democratic fallback infrastructure" you might as well read "corporate subversion by stealth" or "self interested debasement". There are far too few people involved in the creative aspects of such endeavours to have consensus enforced upon them as a rule as if it were some kind of mining algo. Sure it's better that "the vision" carries everyone along with it, acknowledges all contributions fairly and stays open minded, but not at the expense of losing the vision itself.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:48:35 AM

-snip-

Thanks, DefendKebab.

Grin Grin Grin

I made that video Wink

Can I buy a kebab with DASH and can you post it to me from Turkey to the UK? Maybe we will make history as it might become a $3,000 kebab  Grin
Terzo2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:54:31 AM

3 USD  Angry
fernando

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:01:31 PM

Distractions? Depends how much of the work we do. If it's a pull request to allow our qt extension and that doesn't infringe on privacy and security but adds to the scope of the currency - why frakking not.

3rd party apps are open to go for.  And by talking about this here expect [PREANN] ExtendaCoin™ with moon worthy QT extensionStore™.

I think you are giving the foundation too much weight. That probably comes from Evan leading it and the dev team. Truth is, the foundation was created to represent Dash/Darkcoin when a legal entity was needed and support the development of the coin in any way we devised, but that has not happened yet. In the meantime the board of the foundation, in which I serve, is just another discussion forum of a few volunteers, one of which is Evan.

Some of us do other things for Dash besides being in the foundation, but they are not foundation actions, they are ours. We, the foundation board, are just a bunch of guys trying to help. Our members have trusted us with some funds in exchange for being members and we still need to come with a plan to use them in the best possible way to help Dash. If you need to change something in the code the foundation has absolutely no say in that.

salmion

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:09:53 PM

I think you are giving the foundation too much weight. That probably comes from Evan leading it and the dev team. Truth is, the foundation was created to represent Dash/Darkcoin when a legal entity was needed and support the development of the coin in any way we devised, but that has not happened yet. In the meantime the board of the foundation, in which I serve, is just another discussion forum of a few volunteers, one of which is Evan.

Some of us do other things for Dash besides being in the foundation, but they are not foundation actions, they are ours. We, the foundation board, are just a bunch of guys trying to help. Our members have trusted us with some funds in exchange for being members and we still need to come with a plan to use them in the best possible way to help Dash. If you need to change something in the code the foundation has absolutely no say in that.

Thank you for clarifying fernando.

There you have it coins.. nothing stopping anyone from contributing/make their own services/etc.
fernando

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:12:25 PM

Thank you for clarifying fernando.

There you have it coins.. nothing stopping anyone from contributing/make their own services/etc.

Well, if you want to include them in the code you'll have to go through the standard github process. What I'm saying is that the foundation has absolutely no say in that.
Terzo2

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:39:07 PM

You are silently dumping !
salmion

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:57:41 PM

Who you Terzobot?
Terzo2

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:59:01 PM

Who you Terzobot?

Are you dumping right now ?
salmion

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:01:16 PM

Who you Terzobot?

Are you dumping right now ?

lol me no. Not much volume to be calling "dumping" anyway.

Why am I talking to a bot?

JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:15:13 PM

Bitcoin is a consensus protocol specification, a team of developers maintaining a reference implementation,

Is has that now but it didn't when Satoshi was creating it. It was essentially a one-man-show (albeit with increasing levels of participation from others as it evolved.)

Exactly. It is a strawman argument to compare Bitcoin in year 6 to DASH in year 2 when it comes to the development situation. If you want to complain, there are other things one can legitimately dislike about this project -- but criticizing this coin because it still primarly based around the goals of one person when it is only 18 months old reeks of sour grapes or a contrary agenda.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:21:03 PM

That was pretty sneaky, Vertoe! Don't tease us like this! Don't let that be the last post we see from you.

We could use you back, man. Dash is a Digital Cash that can be used for anything, and you can have a hand in making it happen. Also, there is a fund for developers now. Keep that in mind.

Take your time, though, if you need to.

I was posting it because it is a very interesting pull request from a technological perspective. I'm surprised to see udjin did a dirty merge of the bitcoin master (which is not 0.10.0 but 0.10.99 btw) and it seems to work out. I've been waiting to see the 0.12 wallet. Will test it.

But I have to disappoint you, I will not return or contribute to darkcoin as long as it is nothing more than a company selling a product. And I dont want to offend anyone when I say I simply have to smile when I see that darkcoin wants to take on bitcoin. Bitcoin is a consensus protocol specification, a team of developers maintaining a reference implementation, miners sustaining the consensus throughout the network and a democratic foundation which does nothing than public relations.

Darkcoin has none of this and should take the time to learn why it's important to support decentralization over corporate-like behaviour, why it's important to achieve a network consensus by miners not developers and why it's important to have democratic fallback infrastructure in place in case there are disputes without consensus. darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin. corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant. mistrust authority, promote decentralization.

Pages: « 1 ... 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 [4691] 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: