Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4496 4497 4498 4499 4500 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 [4546] 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722494 times)
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:33:58 AM

Interesting.

The Matrix series of films suggests a "simulation" we're all likely a part of, except I don't believe that upon breaking out of it we'll find ourselves still within physical bodies wired up to some gigantic computer that's using us for evil intent. It's more likely that what appears to be a physical realm we're all occupying, with all its drama, tragedy and chaos, is but a mock up of what's real and what we experience in this supposed realm depends on the depth of our convictions and belief of its reality and that what's conveyed to us by our five physical senses is indeed truth. As per the "8 veils" video, this is what most people never ever question because they accept all these "authorities". It's just the same as how I could let myself be mesmerised into believing numbers and notes can only be used if I have physical instances of them - so when I want to do sums I have to get my boxed set of physical numbers made of wood or plastic out and arrange them on the table in front of me and I only have so many '4's and '7's and '8's etc, so am limited in what sums I can do....an absurdity of course). Likewise we've been mesmerised into believing we're trapped in matter in these physical bodies that are easily destroyed yet matter is most likely just a construct of the human mind; nothing more.

Ultimately "But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding" will become as common an understanding as "I am alive, I have a physical body, I exist now but I will be dead sometime in the future" and we will transform into what we really always have been, way way beyond our current limited perspective.

Wink

Righto! There's your completely whacko right-out-there-on-the-distant-edge commentary for the day and my outing of myself as "insane". Resume normal I'm-a-physical-being-on-planet-earth discussion...

While this is certainly off topic, I have some time at the moment, and this is certainly a more pleasant diversion than troll baiting. Roll Eyes

The Matrix films did a fairly good job of denting the materialistic/reductionist world view held by contemporary western society, but it made no significant attempt to provide a coherent replacement. The "8 veils" video from my perspective did little other than support the misguided, but wise sounding statement by Lao Tzu, when he said, "Those who know do not speak, and those who speak do not know." The truth is that fools are common and speak often, while the wise are rare and speak seldom. Those who know, do indeed speak, but are seldom heard, and even less seldom listened to, and even less seldom than that--heeded.

RenegadeMan, your example of number blocks was excellent; few realize that this is not 2. (How is that for a paradox? Grin) For that matter even fewer ever realize that they have never seen light. Let me explain... consider the light emanating from the screen you are currently reading. That light enters your eyes through the lens and is focused upside down on your retinas. There the photons of light excite certain molecules which then initiate an electrical impulse in your optic nerve. This impulse causes the release of neurotransmitters from the distal end of the nerve, which then float into the synapse. If enough of them land on receptors on the adjoining nerve, another electrical impulse is initiated and the process continues. Eventually the impulse is split and sent to various regions of the brain which are specialized for responding to things like shape, movement, color, texture, faces, and a host of others. Please note this is a very truncated explanation of what goes on.

As you know, if your optic nerve is severed, you will be blind even though your eyes are perfectly functional. Yet, and here is the key point, light does not travel down the optic nerve--chemical and electrical signals do. YOU, whoever and whatever YOU are, does not see light. YOU see the inside of your brain and integrate all of the many visual centers into a single image of the external world around you. Further proof of this can be seen  Shocked by considering just what it is that YOU look at when YOU dream. Modern materialistic scientism believes that YOU are simply the product of the activity of your brain. In less than an hour I can show the fallacy of this, but it would take maybe ten pages, and is more effective with personal interaction. As a hint, just consider the color green. What is it? How do you know?

Back to the 8 veils; the issue is not how do we pierce the veils, but of recognizing that we are as incapable of piercing them as we are of seeing light--and that it does not matter. The moderator claims ignorance of the seventh veil, and in truth it is the only thing any of us know--it is SELF. Until that dies, all the other veils remain intact and it does not matter what we think we see. I am inclined to agree with the moderator that the eight veil is fellowship with the creator, but that would require far more than an hour, or 10 pages, to justify. Suffice it to say I stand with the one whose death tore the eighth veil.

In summary I will simply say that world-views/philosophies are much like markets, and the the following words from our wise fellow TokeNormal apply:

Wow I feel like a complete retard for selling my 23 dark for 0.2 btc 2 weeks ago.
Every single trade I make is always the wrong one.

Remember that markets only work well when people put their own value on the asset independently of the prevailing price.

The so called "market price" is a bit of a misleading term because that's just the value of the last sale which - if you look at the market depth - corresponds to almost nobody's order value. Most people value the asset at either above or below the market price.

Unless your day trading (in which case one needs to use and understand charts otherwise your almost guaranteed to loose all your money) then think of investing like buying a house - i.e. you either want and can afford it or you don't. Once you've got it you live in it and the prevailing market price doesn't make a damn bit of difference to the utility value you get from it. The market can boom or crash but you'e still got your house which is the thing you wanted in the first place.

The "wrong" trade is the one which liberates you of something you value... SNIP

We now return you to your regularly scheduled troll fest...

Peace to you all...

Strix

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 03:25:29 AM by Otoh

Likewise, I met Tante today irl and we traded a MN, wonderful person and perfect trade, we chatted for hours. Looking forward to meeting up again when I'm next in Calif!

We also shared a bottle of Veuve Clicquot as amazingly BTer yesterday returned the coins that I'd bought there for a CNY/DRK wall Shocked after two weeks of it looking ever more so that they weren't going to, so celebrations and parties all round Cheesy

Incidentally, the wall that I put up in CNY when they got hacked for Bitcoin, I later sold to DRK a couple of weeks ago when they re-initiated trading of it, I paid over the market price as I just wanted to get my funds out of there - that seemed sort of suspect to them so it's been a long struggle until they unexpectedly finally released my money, which was after an email from tungfa's Chinese friend and I'm very grateful to them both for the help that they offered me and to their commitment to involve the Chinese crypto social networks community in this as well if it had proved necessary.

Anyway the DASH are now worth 150 BTC, up 50% from when I sent them on the 13th Feb, so it's all good and ended well Smiley

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:42:07 AM

Yaaay, I got to meet Otoh today!  What a guy!  We bought some DASH from him, and had a great time visiting.  Fantastic and interesting person!  I can't wait until the next time we see each other again, probably next year.  I can't say enough about him, he's really awesome!
Just asking.Yesterday I've seen Darkcoin at Bittrex Exchange but today is gone.Is no more DarkCoin?? A have Darkcoin wallets should I delete them ..??Sorry,I don't know what is going on

Wink  otoh  LOL

webprods, at the moment the new wallet is only different in that it has the DASH name and logo.  We might be getting a new wallet Monday.  In either case, your wallet.dat file will still work, as a matter of fact, your entire /AppData/Roaming/Darkcoin folder or /home/.darkcoin folder will work if you only rename it to Dash and inside, rename your darkcoin.conf to dash.conf.  I suggest making a copy of it and keeping the old folder just in case something gets messed up (I like duplicates)

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:04:23 AM

And while we are also looking beyond Plato's cave, trolls especially may enjoy this allegory Wink, I would highly recommend books by Eckhart Tolle, like A New Earth & The Power of Now, imo he is both enlightened and saying it as it is, a rare occurrence ever in the history of this mad house planet.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
webprods

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Millionaires Club 47

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:14:53 AM

Yaaay, I got to meet Otoh today!  What a guy!  We bought some DASH from him, and had a great time visiting.  Fantastic and interesting person!  I can't wait until the next time we see each other again, probably next year.  I can't say enough about him, he's really awesome!
Just asking.Yesterday I've seen Darkcoin at Bittrex Exchange but today is gone.Is no more DarkCoin?? A have Darkcoin wallets should I delete them ..??Sorry,I don't know what is going on

Wink  otoh  LOL

webprods, at the moment the new wallet is only different in that it has the DASH name and logo.  We might be getting a new wallet Monday.  In either case, your wallet.dat file will still work, as a matter of fact, your entire /AppData/Roaming/Darkcoin folder or /home/.darkcoin folder will work if you only rename it to Dash and inside, rename your darkcoin.conf to dash.conf.  I suggest making a copy of it and keeping the old folder just in case something gets messed up (I like duplicates)
Great help ,Thank you Grin

Altcoins programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the universe which strives to produce bigger idiots
qvan

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:21:55 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 03:34:43 AM by qvan

And while we are also looking beyond Plato's cave, trolls especially may enjoy this allegory Wink, I would highly recommend books by Eckhart Tolle, like A New Earth & The Power of Now, imo he is both enlightened and saying it as it is, a rare occurrence ever in the history of this mad house planet.

first heard, watch/read about that guy was in 2008-2009  edit: i can remember now..it was 2006-2007 i got too much "NOW" that's why i forgot  Grin

you live in the now, not in the past and the future......an irony of crypto lol

i bet trolls are the ones living in the "NOW" eh hehehe

edit: try Jiddu Krishnamurti...if you want a different angle of what Eckhart Tolle is saying
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:42:30 AM

I've read the Power Of Now so many times , it is an amazing book and every time I read it I get more from it.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
qvan

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:51:23 AM

I've read the Power Of Now so many times , it is an amazing book and every time I read it I get more from it.

i observed two kinds people following him, people who want to be guided for the realization of their being.

and

people who are circle jerking their feelings of self-righteousness  ---> now that's crypto  Grin
qvan

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:58:04 AM

for all of you self-righteous circle jerks out there

none of you comes close to the guy mentioned in this post.trolololol  Grin

I also emailed everyone I (personally) know about Monero in November when MyMonero launched. Offered them free monero if they signed up but nobody did it. Now I followed up again the other day, and this is the only response I got. (from a a smart professional person)

Code:
"I'm moving to the desert to do drugs and leaving all technology behind."

Monero is still a difficult pitch for the average person that doesn't care about privacy, doesn't use bitcoin yet, etc.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 04:21:45 AM

I'd like to initiate a dashberger meet up in Canada. I'm currently in Montreal taking my Sommelier course... So, if there are any peeps wanting to meet up for a bevie PM me, I'll see if I can wing it with my schedule here.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:29:36 AM

This thread is now hard to follow
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:48:06 AM

onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:10:48 AM

looks like "DRSH"  Huh

-onetime

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:48:48 AM

Good stable price for dash  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:59:04 AM

Likewise, I met Tante today irl and we traded a MN, wonderful person and perfect trade, we chatted for hours. Looking forward to meeting up again when I'm next in Calif!

We also shared a bottle of Veuve Clicquot as amazingly BTer yesterday returned the coins that I'd bought there for a CNY/DRK wall Shocked after two weeks of it looking ever more so that they weren't going to, so celebrations and parties all round Cheesy

Incidentally, the wall that I put up in CNY when they got hacked for Bitcoin, I later sold to DRK a couple of weeks ago when they re-initiated trading of it, I paid over the market price as I just wanted to get my funds out of there - that seemed sort of suspect to them so it's been a long struggle until they unexpectedly finally released my money, which was after an email from tungfa's Chinese friend and I'm very grateful to them both for the help that they offered me and to their commitment to involve the Chinese crypto social networks community in this as well if it had proved necessary.

Anyway the DASH are now worth 150 BTC, up 50% from when I sent them on the 13th Feb, so it's all good and ended well Smiley

Thank goodness, eh?  I'm so glad you got your coins!  Smiley  Now you can put up more buy walls, LOL Wink

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:03:14 AM

Humm, gonna have to read Tolle then Smiley  I'm not too deep into philosophy (only classics, and only a little, mostly discussed with my hubby)  But psychology I like Smiley

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:05:28 AM

looks like "DRSH"  Huh

-onetime

I don't see the R but I wouldn't mind if they closed the line off in the A.  It might even look better because the D is already so stylized...

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:45:33 AM

Humm, gonna have to read Tolle then Smiley  I'm not too deep into philosophy (only classics, and only a little, mostly discussed with my hubby)  But psychology I like Smiley

...  Cheesy  

Do it, amazing stuff! Its a bit more than philosophy, it's spirituality with a splash of a reality-salmon-slap on the face. I'm also into psyhology Tante, in fact, the only coding I can do is NLP. Worked brilliantly when I was in sales (the dark side of NLP) many moons ago, and quite effective for troll slaying too  Grin
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 06:47:03 AM

looks like "DRSH"  Huh

-onetime

I don't see the R but I wouldn't mind if they closed the line off in the A.  It might even look better because the D is already so stylized...
The A, styled in this fashion, sports a little C in the white part of it. This is a subtle subliminal message that DASH is "Cash". Subliminal messages can be quite powerful, so that's why I've been advocating keeping it.

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:53:41 AM

Hello all, I have been following this thread for a while, but this is my first time posting here.  I found a site that will pay bills with BTC/LTC/XDG.  Huge benefit to me since it will allow me to store more bank funds in DASH and pay bills through this site when needed.  They haven't started to accept DASH yet, but I did ask them.
https://www.billpayforcoins.com

Maybe a couple more people could request DASH to be added and they will do it.
Pages: « 1 ... 4496 4497 4498 4499 4500 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 [4546] 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: