Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 [4576] 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 09:57:29 PM

It's just amazing to be part of this community.  During all the FUD and trolling even with the other devs engaging in funding,   showing their lack of class,  our developers kept quietly working away.  Constant testing, revisions... Also with a professional demeanour.  What a class act.  Since I joined this team back in January 2014...i have never seen any new coin survive...it has solidified what many of us and those new comers that this is a project back by a group of professional developers that are proud to put their real names behind what they are doing.  We should feel proud of being part of one of the best communities in this space. That we don't resort to FUD or trolling others.... Because we are quitely confident in our future.  Cheers everyone... Now on to my next connector flight.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

Force, the affidavit alleges, was blocked from bitcoin exchange Bitstamp after his use of Tor was flagged by the company's AML procedures.

http://www.coindesk.com/silk-road-dea-carl-force-bitcoin-tax-expert/

I didn't know some exchanges ban customers who use Tor?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 10:06:15 PM

It's just amazing to be part of this community.  What a class act.  

Keep it classy, Dark-Coin community:

Amazing company!  Just ask Kyle Hagan.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:12:41 PM

What did this Kyle Hagan do?  What is the context of that message?

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:13:28 PM

icebreaker in his spare time

I am desperately trying to get back on topic but I keep slipping off  Cool
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CBXM_WsUcAAvyBd.mp4

What is the topic?  LOL.  That was SUPER funny, because it was loading really slowly on my machine, so at the outset, I was already giggling at the bad technique, slowly he goes forward, and I had plenty of time to wonder what was going to happen... then he releases into the ceiling, big laugh!  His hands go up in a "Oh no, what happened?" way,  Another big laugh!  then as he backs up, the ball comes back through the ceiling - super belly laugh, he turns around and looks like a puppy that just wet the carpet, ROFL!  This should be played very slowly, it was awesome!  Better than fast!!!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 10:21:56 PM

Kyle was a Dark-Coin core dev.  He was fired around the same time vertoe quit, leaving Duffman as the only core dev left.

The "classy" and "amazing" Dark-Coin community responded with the disturbing quote posted above.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:23:00 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 10:33:24 PM by HinnomTX

If there's any doubt that you should be using DarkSend to stay private, have a look at this:
https://i.imgur.com/FxxXma3.png

Context:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/30xnak/exhibit_b_mad_props_to_irs_special_agent/
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1697973/charges-against-former-federal-agents-in-silk.pdf

Bitcoin tracing brought to you by the Internal Revenue Service.

In this case the blockchain analysis is being used to catch an extorter, so this is not all bad.
Edit: this shit is rich on many levels. So-called experts in Bitcoin and Tor didn't even bother to tumble their extorted coins.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:23:09 PM

toknormal I read through your post, and I have spent some time thinking about it and researching it. I find it worrying that you write with such precision but your writings are filled with such inaccuracies and inccorrect statements. I'm sure investors look up to you which is why this is even more worrying.

Dash and XMR are not comparable in their objectives.

One is implementing a functionally diverse form of decentralisation that is going to manage everything from anonymity to network quality control and performance while the other is no more than an an off-the-shelf technology for 'hiding transactions' shared by 20 other projects.

You do the cryptography in Monero a disservice when you describe it as off-the-shelf. Ring signatures are not new cryptography but the application in Monero is definitely innovative.

I also haven't seen anything formal from Evan about "network quality control and performance", have you?

In my research I have also found a section on the Monero website that seems to describe a lot more than just 'technology for hiding transactions'. Have you seen that page? It's this one https://getmonero.org/design-goals/

One is compliant with the entire bitcoin legacy commercial infrastructure and APIs, the other isn't (whatever you think the merits of that are). One works like Bitcoin with recognisable procedures for managing blockchain addresses, transmitting funds, the other still doesn't even have a cross platform GUI wallet.

If I had to guess I'd say 99% of the merchants out there use Bitpay or Coinbase or one of the others for interacting with Bitcoin, so I am not sure this is much of a problem, if at all.

I also think it's very cheeky of you to make a statement like this as if attributing the API compatability or the Dash GUI wallet to Evan's hard work. You and I both know that he hasn't worked on any of that from scratch. Maybe we can give him credit for minor changes to the Bitcoin GUI.

One is the original anonymous-money project and is now consolidating and advancing the whole feature set, of which pre-emptive anonymisation is only one. The other is a one trick pony that will be banging the same drum for its existence in months and years to come.

See above.

One has a dev who adds value to the project day in day out according to a clearly defined roadmap that gets delivered on consistently. It's hard to know if the other has any devs at all.

Now you're just lying, toknormal, and that's doing harm to the whole Dash community. Why would you lie on something so obviously wrong?

Dash has nobody competent besides Evan now that vertoe has left!

I used the People Behind Monero page on the Monero website, https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people, and I researched all the people there. They are all people who have been in the cryptocurrency community for years. They've been on Bitcointalk since 2011-2013, except for NoodleDoodle and eizh that have only been on Bitcointalk since the beginning of 2014. On that page they also list 8 other developers who have contributed and they link to their github pages.

If you click on github contributors page link on that page it lists 25 contributors. Most of those contributors have contributed only to Monero. What I mean is if you look at the Dash github page, https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/graphs/contributors, the top 5 contributors are working on Bitcoin not on Monero. If you look on the Monero page there's only amjuares that worked on Bytecoin BCN and everyone else is a Monero developer. Even vertoe worked on Monero!

You are passionate about Dash but it is easy to see that Monero has quite a number of developers. I don't think it's good to compare Dash to Monero on that.

As I pointed out in another thread, Dash is now starting to deliver the fruits of it's dual layer, service-oriented approach (they will be many) in the latest release which implements decentralised quality minimums for the network.

This is *proper* decentralisation folks - functional diversification. Not reproducing the same mono-dimensional robot operation a million times (thats called redundancy). The first ever cryptocurrency network that is going to check itself for quality and performance standards on an ongoing basis. (What flight computers do for example).

Although that's a pretty mundane feature from a user's point of view, it's the type of stuff that makes a network useable and practical which has been one of the highest priorities for the Dash project since its inception = 'make it useable'.

So I did some research on decentralization. My starting point was Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralized_system. That page has a very good description right at the beginning that I want to paste for you. 'A centralised system is one in which a central controller exercises control over the lower-level components of the system directly or through the use of a power hierarchy (such as instructing a middle level component to instruct a lower level component).' Doesn't that sound like MasterNodes?

I know your answer is going to be that MasterNodes don't 'exercise control' but they do. You've just said that they are going to influence performance, which is exercising control. And we definitely know that they act on behalf of Dash users when they are mixing. By that definition the Dash network is 'centralized' and I don't think it's right to argue it any other way.

The Wikipedia article continues, and I think its important to go over some of the sentences and contrast it with Dash and Bitcoin/Monero, because this is a Dash vs Monero thread.

'A decentralised system, on the other hand, is one in which complex behaviour emerges through the work of lower level components operating on local information, not the instructions of any commanding influence.'

In Dash the lower level components (nodes) don't operate on local information. They rely on the MasterNodes to exert control and provide information and provide structure.

'This form of control is known as distributed control, or control in which each component of the system is equally responsible for contributing to the global, complex behaviour by acting on local information in the appropriate manner.'

This is the clearest indication, for me, where we see that Dash is centralized. The components in Dash are not equal. MasterNodes have way more power than ordinary nodes, and that means they are controlling things.

There are other excellent points in that Wikipedia article but I think the point is clear, and that is that Dash is centralized, Bitcoin and Monero are not.

Cross posting for awareness of how baseless the trolling being done by key DASH personalities really is.

Enjoy.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:24:15 PM

Kyle was a Dark-Coin core dev.  He was fired around the same time vertoe quit, leaving Duffman as the only core dev left.

The "classy" and "amazing" Dark-Coin community responded with the disturbing quote posted above.

Sounds like a threat of physical harm leveled against Kyle.  Who was the author of that message?

kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:31:41 PM

All 30 new MN live now with the excellent https://node40.com & all with the latest updated wallet, looking forward to enforcement going back on soon hopefully.
I emailed them. I have no skill so would be great if they could set up some masternode for me.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 10:40:53 PM

To trade Monero, first you need to wait for the wallet to synch

lol, turned to dust more likely, I am still waiting  Undecided

Let us know how that's going...in the mean time im going to lurk under my buddies handle on  in their forum on here and the moderated one and I want to see the depth of these guys coding capabilities.  And what kind testing is going on and what their current development is.   He's been I  there for quite awhile... Wink  I want to see for my self how prolific their team is at coding  Roll Eyes

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:43:11 PM

To trade Monero, first you need to wait for the wallet to synch

lol, turned to dust more likely, I am still waiting  Undecided

Let us know how that's going...in the mean time im going to lurk under my buddies handle on  in their forum on here and the moderated one and I want to see the depth of these guys coding capabilities.  And what kind testing is going on and what their current development is.   He's been I  there for quite awhile... Wink  I want to see for my self how prolific their team is at coding  Roll Eyes

Don't bother.

Once you've waited a few years for the wallet, there is nothing you can do with it

salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:44:10 PM

Hey Morenos and anyone who doesn't have tweedle dorks on ignore

Kyle was fired in december. Nowhere near the time vertoe quit.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/kyle-hagan-is-no-longer-part-of-the-development-team.3225/

And while evan is the lead dev he isn't "on his own".

https://www.dashpay.io/about/team-contact/

Oh look more than one core dev!

Since you two tag trolls are here:

Shouldn't you be wondering what the point of Moneros ringsigs are if you have a web wallet? I mean just log ip when people sign in?
And isn't the regular wallet a little embarrassing? I mean outside of neckbeardom who will use your pet slug? I'm pretty sure most people just keep there coins on Polo. But hangon.. that's another single point of failure?

Is the plan to just troll and shrill cryptoland and then by the power of magic underpants monero will emerge victorious?

Listening to you lot is like watching wrestling.. melodrama, fakery and pretty impressive if you are a child.

I think I'll stick to constant improvement and dedication by Dash to trying to make private, instant digital cash ubiquitous ie getting out of cryptoland and into the real world.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:44:18 PM

It's just amazing to be part of this community.  During all the FUD and trolling even with the other devs engaging in funding,   showing their lack of class,  our developers kept quietly working away.  Constant testing, revisions... Also with a professional demeanour.  What a class act.  Since I joined this team back in January 2014...i have never seen any new coin survive...it has solidified what many of us and those new comers that this is a project back by a group of professional developers that are proud to put their real names behind what they are doing.  We should feel proud of being part of one of the best communities in this space. That we don't resort to FUD or trolling others.... Because we are quitely confident in our future.  Cheers everyone... Now on to my next connector flight.  

Totally indeed!
+B

P.S. good to have you check in after leg 1 is completed.  Grin

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 10:45:17 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 02:24:23 PM by iCEBREAKER

Amazing company!  Just ask Kyle Hagan.   Tongue

What did this Kyle Hagan do?  What is the context of that message?

Kyle was a Dark-Coin core dev.  He was fired around the same time vertoe quit, leaving Duffman as the only core dev left.

Sounds like a threat of physical harm leveled against Kyle.  Who was the author of that message?

The author is "Light" a "well known Foundation member."

But the real scandal is that his threatening post was accepted by the rest of Dark-Coin Talk, instead of being moderated and rejected.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:45:26 PM

Personally i'm between Control & Relaxation with regards to the Dash project and i'm very much
between Boredom and Apathy lately with regards to trolls posting on this forum.

The trolls on the other hand are most likely between Worry and Anxiety, i just hope they dont cross
the line and get into Arousal as well because that would be getting rather unhealthy  Undecided  

i just got hit by a thought (that rarely happens but i guess the relaxed state i'm currently in had something to do with it),
it may not be exactly of the same level of thought that struck Evan when he thought of InstantX but damn its gotta be close to it :

What if we were all brought together by some unknown force (call it fate, destiny or a some higher being) for one purpose and one purpose only :
to help those individuals on this forum who got stuck in a certain phase of their life and desperately need our help to move forward ?

Those individuals need to be learned the phase they are in right now (the Worry / Anxiety phase) and they will need further guidance of us to
move them forward towards the flow of things (the flow phase).

There is just one little problem i foresee, how to get them past the Worry / Anxiety phase and into the Arousal phase ? Its not likely our posts will
arouse those people that easily, specially since most of our posts involve graphs and analyses .. difficult, difficult .. i think i will need to think this over  
and see what i can come up with in the morning.

qwizzie

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:46:21 PM

11.2 - The Dash Release - Mandatory Update!

https://dashtalk.org/threads/11-2-dash-release.4515/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 11:03:17 PM

Nice one... Now my waitress thinks I'm a perv.  I'm ordering my food and refreshing note 4 on the table top  and boom... Big set of boobs appears on my screen.   She got super embarrassed and blushed like hell.  Lol... I just laughed.  Funny shit right there..

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:05:28 PM

Nice one... Now my waitress thinks I'm a perv.  I'm ordering my food and refreshing note 4 on the table top  and boom... Big set of boobs appears on my screen.   She got super embarrassed and blushed like hell.  Lol... I just laughed.  Funny shit right there..

Order some hot crossed buns for desert  Wink
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 11:06:12 PM

Hey Morenos and anyone who doesn't have tweedle dorks on ignore

Kyle was fired in december. Nowhere near the time vertoe quit.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/kyle-hagan-is-no-longer-part-of-the-development-team.3225/

And while evan is the lead dev he isn't "on his own".

https://www.dashpay.io/about/team-contact/

Oh look more than one core dev!

Since you two tag trolls are here:

Shouldn't you be wondering what the point of Moneros ringsigs are if you have a web wallet? I mean just log ip when people sign in?
And isn't the regular wallet a little embarrassing? I mean outside of neckbeardom who will use your pet slug? I'm pretty sure most people just keep there coins on Polo. But hangon.. that's another single point of failure?

Is the plan to just troll and shrill cryptoland and then by the power of magic underpants monero will emerge victorious?

Listening to you lot is like watching wrestling.. melodrama, fakery and pretty impressive if you are a child.

I think I'll stick to constant improvement and dedication by Dash to trying to make private, instant digital cash ubiquitous ie getting out of cryptoland and into the real world.

iCEBREAKER's posts, from what I can see through quotes, are akin to one of my favorite lines in literature:

"It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

Pages: « 1 ... 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 [4576] 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: