Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 [4632] 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722361 times)
hitchcoin

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:52:31 PM

Can we get a cool video like Shadow? I believe it will help people understand how Dash works.

Having the professional voice over reader say "It's a lot more faster" is my favorite part.

I was only trying to point out that Shadow managed to get a nice vid up. Whats holding us back?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:57:44 PM

You being retarded?

The emissions of Monero are following the published schedule quite closely, and always have, even on the first day or two (unlike some other coin we know about that mined ~500K coins in an hour and ~2 million in a day). Check a block explorer or the blockchain itself. Currently ~15K coins/day.

You are a disgrace to the entire crypto community, and unworthy of being a dev.

LOL - that guy is a DEV - LOL
How the hell did I miss that

LMFAO - WHAT A FUCKING JOKE - OH GOD !!!!

MAKE IT STOP - LOL _ LOL _ LOL

Monero dev, none other...  Roll Eyes
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 10:57:58 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 01:04:57 AM by TaoOfSaatoshi

Can we get a cool video like Shadow? I believe it will help people understand how Dash works.

Having the professional voice over reader say "It's a lot more faster" is my favorite part.

I was only trying to point out that Shadow managed to get a nice vid up. Whats holding us back?
The promo video hasn't been forgotten, just sidetracked by the rebranding. When we establish our new identity a bit more (logos, etc.), we will begin to produce the video. It shouldn't be too far into the future.

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:08:17 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 11:22:05 PM by Lukas_Jackson

It's not nice to advertise a coin here.
And in video, why I didn't hear anything about PoS?
I would like to mine it, really.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:24:14 PM

Can you all remove the big fucking shadow promotional images from your posts....arrgh
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:47:42 PM

You being retarded?

The emissions of Monero are following the published schedule quite closely, and always have, even on the first day or two (unlike some other coin we know about that mined ~500K coins in an hour and ~2 million in a day). Check a block explorer or the blockchain itself. Currently ~15K coins/day.

Monero dev, none other...  Roll Eyes

Someone pointed out that something was wrong with their recent LTB, so I listened to the end. And, yes.  The other dev said Monero signature algorithm was broken.

The only reason is it not an issue is that at the moment its not worth the effort for the agencies with short letters to do anything about it.

If enough people use Monero and it hits the radar of the people who have radars, then you're toast.

I had to listen twice to make sure I was hearing right what he was confessing.

You can't make this shit up.

Scrap that, listened to that last bit again. He just basically says he doesn't really understand it all. Figures.

-snip- LTB
~1.00 hrs.

[Don't forget: A vote for Coins101 is a vote for Beer, Babes and Boobs at every foundation board meeting. Would it be a wasted vote? Probably.]
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:55:55 PM

You being retarded?

Someone pointed out that something was wrong with their recent LTB, so I listened to the end. And, yes.  The other dev said Monero signature algorithm was broken.

The only reason is it not an issue is that at the moment its not worth the effort for the agencies with short letters to do anything about it.

If enough people use Monero and it hits the radar of the people who have radars, then you're toast.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/ltb-e202-understanding-monero
~1.00 hrs.

[Don't forget: A vote for Coins101 is a vote for Beer, Babes and Boobs at every foundation board meeting. Would it be a wasted vote? Probably.]

Thanks strix for the great link.   It has been a great help.

The troll above uses a great #3, 9 and 12,  but lots of 9  examples of trolling.... Described In my link below.

How to Fight Trolls: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-04/how-beat-internet-trolls

9. Coordinate with a couple of others to “shout down” reasonable comments. This is especially effective when the posters launch an avalanche of comments in quick succession … the original, reasonable comment gets lost or attacked so much that it is largely lost.  Use “forum sliding” and “topic dilution” to so dilute and distract the conversation that people forget the original point.

this a tactic that is used heavily by darkcoin cult

you are the trolls in "defensive position" and fudding monero on darkcoin thread
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:59:06 PM

How is it that the last time I looked XMR had 5 million+ coins and now they've got 7 million.

Where did the extra 2 million come from ?

Lol And they come here spamming instamine when information about this are fully open..

Lets fool head play,in final we'll win.

What in the world are you two babbling about?

What in the world are you looking in this thread ?

Go away scammer.

this is what a scam looks like

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:59:30 PM

You being retarded?

Scrap that, listened to that last bit again. He just basically says he doesn't really understand it all. Figures.

-snip- LTB
~1.00 hrs.

You are hilarious Coins101!

(not that you'll see this with everyone on ignore)

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:05:02 AM

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:08:23 AM

-snip-

You are hilarious Coins101!

(not that you'll see this with everyone on ignore)

Yep, you're currently on ignore. Vote for me and I'll make an exception  Wink

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:20:17 AM

Bitcoin vs Dash, the Principle of Fungibility

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113897/bitcoin-violates-the-principle-of-fungibility

Grin Grin Grin

Quote:
Cryptocurrencies such as DASH (formerly darkcoin) have come onto the scene with promises of anonymizing transactions by design, something which is not implemented in the core of Bitcoin.

Dash has since seen a dramatic rise in value since the collapse of the Evolution Marketplace and could continue to gain traction as users discover the importance of relatively-untraceable transfers. However, what is becoming more apparent, is that Dash holds a competitive advantage over bitcoin in the very make-up of its monetary characteristic - that of improved fungibility among its coins.

Bump
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:45:54 AM

Here's why they will regret those dumps....

Dash: Filling the gaps in the Bitcoin protocol through an enhanced incentive mechanism and decentralized governance. (Please read)

Dash is expanding the incentive structure of a cryptocurrency system to include all the elements that are necessary to ensure the long term viability of a crypto project. Specially learning from the gaps found on the Bitcoin project.

For a decentralized system to work optimally, the interests of individual actors on the network must be aligned with the interests of the network as a whole. Meaning, everyone should be acting out of their own self-interest and the system must be designed so that those selfish actions actually benefit the network.
That is the whole principle behind crypto mining, the problem in first generation currencies like Bitcoin, is that other elements of the network that could benefit greatly from an incentive program were not taken into account, like full nodes and core maintenance, just because there was no way they could have identified those areas with absolutely no previous benchmarks.

A very important element is incentivized full node operation, Dash is a first mover on this, and it has created a very interesting dynamic. Running full nodes to support the network while earning coins and using a collateral to create a bond of trust with full node operators.

Recently (March 2015) an independent Bitcoin project (Bitnodes) is trying to introduce an incentive system, but it is not done at the protocol level.  Their mechanism seems to mimic our Proof of Service model to some extent but it can’t really have the same effect as it is only one entity with a limited outreach and they don’t use a collateral.

“The Bitnodes project issued its first incentive last week and will continue to do so until the end of 2015 or until 10,000 nodes are running.
The program uses an incentive program started as an experimental process to reward those who run a node. Rewards for running full nodes are being paid in bitcoin.
A Bitcoin node is a part of the network that allows Bitcoin to operate the way it does. It increases security and improves reliability by validating transactions and blocks and then relaying that information to other full nodes.
Any individual can run a full node by using the Core client (Bitcoin Core).
Miners, the ledger clerks of the Bitcoin sector, are incentivized by rewarding them for solving blocks. These blocks contain information about recent transactions and the reward (at the moment) is 25 bitcoin, which can be spread among those contributing toward the mining.
But there are no similar incentives for individuals or businesses running full nodes. They have only the gratification that they are supporting the network. And if they are not mining, others are being rewarded for it. This is a problem, as nodes are arguably as important as mining.
Another problem: Keeping a full node running for an extensive period entails cost. The hardware being used may be out of play for anything else, or the cost of electricity is significant after an extended time.
The Bitnodes project introduces the Peer Index (PIX) as a way to measure nodes in the network. It is based on 11 properties that can be found in greater detail here. Then nodes are listed on the leader board for all to view.
“If your node is not already up on the leader board, make sure that it is reachable by other peers in the network and activate its node status fromhttps://getaddr.bitnodes.io/nodes/,” said Addy Yeow of Bitnodes.
There are currently 4,006 active nodes. IP, ISP, client, country and more information is available via Bitnodes.
Yeow accedes that the incentives program is not an ideal solution to completely remedy the growth, or lack, of Bitcoin nodes. Further discussion is needed from the community for problem-solving and figuring out a more long-term solution to encourage individuals and businesses to run long-term nodes.”

You can read this full article here: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19620/bitnodes-project-issues-first-incentives-node-operators/

To me this speaks volumes to the fact that Dash’s strategy hit the nail on the head, their peer index is a form of Proof of Service. People within the Bitcoin ecosystem are trying to do exactly what we already did. The difference is that we implemented this at the protocol level and is ready for growth, while they can only patch the problem with efforts that have limited effect. Also, there is no collateral so this does not solve the Sybil attack issue and the fact that some Bitcoin nodes are spoofing transactions. This is a good example:

“Chainalysis got caught running 250 fake Bitcoin nodes. Maybe they would have gotten away with it if they hadn’t been slowing down transactions that involved Breadwallet clients. Now that they have been exposed, they deny that they’ve been deliberately running a kind of attack called a “Sybil attack.” They claim that what they call a “partial Sybil attack” was an unintended side effect of tests of a product that would have helped Bitcoin companies stay compliant with local regulations.”
http://ablogaboutnothinginparticular.com/?p=3734

Incentive, has turned Dash’s full-nodes into a developed area of the ecosystem, with people offering their services to run them, monitoring websites, shared full-nodes (masternode pooling), etc. All of this has contribute to develop the economy in a positive way. Just go and ask other projects how many full nodes their network has? Or how they are addressing these issues? It is clear that Bitcoiners identify lack of incentive for running full nodes and absence of collateral as an issue and are trying to mitigate it, Dash has already implemented a full solution for this.

With its Proof of Service strategy the dev team has been able to leverage all that infrastructure to bring added value services that are in the best interests of end users. Stronger privacy for the end users while preserving a visible blockchain, this approach makes it easy to verify and conduct business while protecting user’s privacy, is just digital cash.

Also instant transaction confirmations, help settle crypto transactions faster than using a credit card (around 4s), this technology is great because it allows the receiving party to have certainty of ownership in just a few seconds, and this makes it ideal for face to face transactions making crypto more suitable for real world adoption.

Those are just two examples of things the additional service network strategy is bringing to the table.  The point is it is built in a way where many other trust-less, decentralized added value services can be added.  
One of the things that could be built is a decentralized web-wallet, think about the average Joe that will probably not download their own wallets and keep up with updates in online crypto forums. These are the people we are trying to serve. People like this that have discovered Bitcoin just use services like Coinbase or Circle. Imagine Dash could create things like a decentralized web wallet that runs over the whole network of full nodes, this means it would run on thousands of servers around the world that are run independently by different people, no single point of failure, no central authority.  Dash’s decentralized web wallet could have access to services like preemptive mixing and InstantX. Other things that are being studied are 2FA at the protocol level and transaction abbreviation, the possibilities are endless with this new architecture and Dash is a first mover.

Decentralized Governance

The other thing that first generation projects are missing is a way for the network to support itself and a decentralized system of governance. It recently became apparent that the Bitcoin Foundation is broke and dysfunctional. It is not clear how they are going to pay their core developers for the next year and it seems that they will be depending on the donations of some early adopters, but it is not clear where the responsibility of supporting the core protocol lies. It means the core protocol does not have any mechanism to support and manage itself and it depends on donations for life, it seems that strategy is not working at all, which is ironic for a multibillion crypto project.

From a recent article on this issue:

“It will be a very interesting year for a professional organization with almost no money to function[Bitcoin Foudation]. In the meantime, core development will have to find a way to sustain itself. Janssens personally offered to help fund as much, saying:
A special trust fund is being created and I will donate several 100k to pre-pay Gavin’s, Wladimirs and some other core devs wage for the next year (if they choose to accept). The control of this trust fund will be handed over to the core devs, who can decide who can join it.” https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/board-member-olivier-janssens-leaks-damning-facts-bitcoin-foundation/

Also Gavin Andresen said about this topic:

“I had an idealistic vision of the Foundation being a member-driven organization, but that never happened,” he said.
“The Foundation will support core development” vision didn’t work; I took a couple of weeks off from doing technical work to meet with people capable of funding that vision and it very quickly became clear most “deep pockets” don’t trust that the Foundation would stick to that vision, or aren’t willing to risk their reputations being closely associated with an organization that had two of its Board members resign in disgrace last year.”

This is what he is saying, but I believe as a crypto project grows early adopters build their own businesses and their focus shifts from the core currency to their own private ventures or they just lose interest. That is why the core protocol can't be dependent on charity as the only way to sustain itself, it is clear that Bitcoin is facing this challenge right now.

Dash recently introduced a full-node(masternode) voting mechanism that I believe shows a lot of promise. Each full node represents one vote. Anyone can run a Dash full node but they need a 1000DASH collateral which acts as a bond of trust, they are invested in the project so they are more likely to act on the best interests of the coin.  Also people running shared nodes have a say in the direction the coin is taking.

This can become a great way to make decisions about funding and spending through a foundation than just relying on a few people like in Bitcoin’s case. Masternode voted funding could be a great way to ensure the long term viability of the project, pay core developers, etc. These are the real challenges a growing crypto platform faces and only projects with the maturity and real life experience to confront these issues will be successful.

Most currencies can’t see beyond specific technical features and into creating a self-sustaining crypto platform that takes into account human psychology and market factors as part of the premises that make the system work.  That is why, in my opinion, Dash has a superior approach it is truly looking into Bitcoin experience and learning from it. Coming up with solutions to the problems growth brings and being prepared for it based on Bitcoin’s experience. That is how we ensure continuity while we continue to add value to end users.

If you are looking to invest in crypto these are the type of questions you should be asking, try not to be caught in the drama and don’t let others drive you to make emotional decisions. Dash’s development team has the strength of spirit to confront these issues head on and build something novel regardless of short term attrition as a consequence of the hard decisions that need to be made for the protection of the majority and the long term viability of the project.

bump

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 12:53:34 AM

hey...its good to see everyone having some fun here for once!   Grin 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:53:54 AM

Damn,stop posting good new and thing to read ! People dump on good news and never read !!!  Cheesy Shocked Angry

we should just stop talking and start trolling other coin. Cheesy
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:57:13 AM

Wink

Bump for happiness
 Grin
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 01:05:30 AM

Can you all remove the big fucking shadow promotional images from your posts....arrgh
Right you are! Done.

bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 01:21:20 AM

Right you are! Done.

wow...theres and early week present for us!  a bit of dump...NICE!  thanks dumpers Smiley  and I was thinking it was going stick around $4, but I'll take this instead.  Yes!!!  The week is only getting better!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:28:59 AM

I can tell them why Satoshi didn't use that approach. One word: Confidence.

Hey mate. You know that payment you sent me yesterday for your drug deliveries ? It didn't appear. You must've sent it to the wrong address - send it again.

I did send it !.....Well I've not received it.

Show me your view key to prove you didn't get it.

Awe, but then I need to show you all my other transactions.

Tough. I'm not resending it unless...

ok then. Here you go.

Look ! It's there.

No. That's not yours - that came from another customer with the same order. It's the same amount.

But...

I'm sure Satoshi took one look down that rabbit hole and thought "f*ck that. Lets get it all out in the open and have the most visible, auditable and at the same time anonymous monetary system ever invented Wink

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:39:46 AM

I can tell them why Satoshi didn't use that approach. One word: Confidence.

Hey mate. You know that payment you sent me yesterday for your drug deliveries ? It didn't appear. You must've sent it to the wrong address - send it again.

I did send it !.....Well I've not received it.

Show me your view key to prove you didn't get it.

Awe, but then I need to show you all my other transactions.

Tough. I'm not resending it unless...

ok then. Here you go.

Look ! It's there.

No. That's not yours - that came from another customer with the same order. It's the same amount.

But...

I'm sure Satoshi took one look down that rabbit hole and thought "f*ck that. Lets get it all out in the open and have the most visible, auditable and at the same time anonymous monetary system ever invented Wink

How do you prove payment with regular Bitcoin or Dash?  All you have is a payment going to an address. Most merchants create a new address for each order, you can't really prove its theirs or that it corresponds to your order, other than with something like an invoice or email (can be edited or faked). Nor can you prove that the funds sent were ever yours other than by signing a message using the private key of the source. All of these same techniques apply to Monero.

With darksend you can't even do that. You have a coinjoin transaction (or a sequence of them if multiple rounds) and one/some of the inputs is/are yours but you can't prove those coins didn't go somewhere else. Again you are back to transaction logs and such, which can be faked.

Bitcoin wasn't really intended to be "transparent", other than with respect to integrity of the coin supply, and Monero is the same. It was intended to be pseudonymous at the level of individual addresses, but address reuse was't suggested and linking addresses to people or merchants wasn't intended. Satoshi considered improved privacy desirable and discussed various methods such as ring signatures (he called them group signatures) but never got around to implementing any of them before he left.
Pages: « 1 ... 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 [4632] 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: