Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:32:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 [4662] 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722341 times)
CODERsp

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 07:08:04 AM

g4q34g4qg47ww, I'm such guy as you and I forced to agree with you largely.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:19:39 AM

It's a one year old evolving project, if there was nothing that needed doing I would be worried. Rome was not built in a day guys, there is a reason that patience is a virtue.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:22:49 AM

Man I used to love this coin. I was a fanboy for a full year and could see no evil. If you are asking why people are selling, delusional bagholders are not the ones to ask, I know, I used to be one.

There's a hell of a lot of reasons people are selling. ROI is heading straight down and you can expect it to continue along that path. Sure 18% annually sounds OK, but the price would have to stay consistent for that year which seems to be a bit of a stretch considering drk has played all its relevant cards  and the future of btc is looking a bit grim. Less than $2 a day and dropping fast is not really that enticing for every $3,500 you invest in such a risky investment like an altcoin. It has functional privacy, but thats really only relevant in the very short term because of the whole trusted third party aspect. I ignored it for a long time and I believe you can too, as long as you keep focusing on the pipe dream.

Evan is a loveable genius, but the coin is completely reliant on him which causes centralization. THis wouldn't be a big deal but it means he is vulnerable to being influenced and making reckless decisions. The director of the foundation is someone who has zero involvement in the community and is business partners with "Otoh". Where would the price be today if it were not for Otoh's blatant market manipulation? So you have all code being dependent on Evan, his confidante Ed Moncado whispering in his ear (ask the VIA dev how he feels about that guy), and Ed Monacado's business partner Otoh controlling the price. During all this time the ancient holders are getting around to setting up MNs, which drives the profitability of running a MN straight down.

And where does drk go from here? Masternode blinding is nice, but is still relying on third parties. Before tok claims they are just like every other client, they are not, they perform specilaized tasks that normal clients do not, and you have to trust them. Trusted third parties are the whole reason crypto exists and they are the devil. Instantx is cool but its really just forging confirmations, and you can tell how much the crypto community trusts th is apporach by the fact that zero exchanges have implemented it. COncerning the scalabitlity issue... it is solving a problem that does not exist for drk.

SO you want to go to mobile wallets and create friendly name and brand? Well, SDC has rocked the mobile wallets featuring anonoymity so tahts nothing new. As far as reaching out beyond the crypto community.. tell me what is the major difference to the end user between drk and these startups that they want to compete for the same name with? Tell me what is the difference to the end user who uses the "dash" app already accepted by 50 vendors in real life to the future dash app?? Instant transaction, already there. Some smart code they cant understand? Don't care. Superb privacy? Well they read some forums and people dont seem to be very confident in the privacy anyway.

SO its not only as tok said and the charts have gone from green to red. THere are some serious god damn problems with this coin and I wish I could see it the way I did before. Love you guys~!

I respect your post but there seem to be some errors in your reasoning

Master nodes are trustless, if you call this a third party, it is a strange assessment for masternode are are only capable of a predetermined task, unless you can control all the ones used in one transaction. You have better luck finding alien life in your backyard tomorrow morning. Masternodes are the least of your worries, first comes your router, your isp, the cables etc

InstantX is not forging anything, it is prelocking, and brilliant and can only work if you have a trustless masternode system

Your ROI statements....you either believe and invest in the biggest innovation since Bitcoin, or you don't. If you want a steady ROI, get a savings account

Now usability is the key factor here. Adoption is crucial for any coins success. It is one of the factors Bitcoin price is 80x higher than its closest altcoin competitor. dash already obtained a lot of usable outlets which distinguish it from de SDCs and other smaller initiatives. The Dash adoption snowball has started rolling a year ago and is currently growing and growing. mobile wallets can hugely increase this adoption for it makes usability more dummy proof

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:24:26 AM

There's a hell of a lot of reasons people are selling.

The periodic sells of 1000+ DRKs that were ticking like clockwork for days, were not "people". More like a single whale exiting. Actual people (meaning a diversity of investors) weren't even selling even while the price was being driven up to 0.025 and liquidity was quite dry.

ROI is heading straight down and you can expect it to continue along that path. Sure 18% annually sounds OK, but the price would have to stay consistent for that year which seems to be a bit of a stretch considering drk has played all its relevant cards  and the future of btc is looking a bit grim.

There is nothing grim about the future of BTC. The only "grim" thing are the multitudes of trolls infesting bitcointalk to create this specific sensation.

Less than $2 a day and dropping fast is not really that enticing for every $3,500 you invest in such a risky investment like an altcoin.

It depends how you calculate risk. If you see a few million marketcap as a ceiling when real world adoption takes place, ok. If you believe there will never be real world adoption either, ok. After all, BTC was trading at single digits for years because people couldn't see it in terms of real world adoption (which is starting to happen).

It has functional privacy, but thats really only relevant in the very short term because of the whole trusted third party aspect. I ignored it for a long time and I believe you can too, as long as you keep focusing on the pipe dream.

It would be trusted if one only did one round of mixing. That's why you go over several rounds of mixing were probabilities go down.

Every single anonymous solution makes some trust assumptions. Cryptonote doesn't have a third party performing the mixing, yet if you go over at Monero's thread you'll see how they attack Bytecoin for having a premine which deanonymizes future anonymous transactions. Large control of outputs = deanonymization. Is there a "trusted third party" there? No. But all mixing systems depend on having legitimate mixing partners. So how will that work?

Even when using zero knowledge, you have to trust that someone doesn't have -or won't have in the future- a quantum computer, or that they have really thrown the key away so as not to generate infinite coins on demand.

And even Bitcoin's trustless nature, which isn't anonymous, also makes certain trust assumptions when people are throwing their hash into centralized mining pools that could easily go over 51% and manipulate the trustless nature of transaction handling.

Evan is a loveable genius, but the coin is completely reliant on him which causes centralization. THis wouldn't be a big deal but it means he is vulnerable to being influenced and making reckless decisions.

This is an area that can be "attacked" both ways.

If Evan stops => "Oh DRK is dead"
If Evan continues => "Oh DRK is centralized on Evan"

How can it be that a half-full (or half-empty) glass, always appears empty? There is a problem of perspective here.

And where does drk go from here? Masternode blinding is nice, but is still relying on third parties.

Rounds of mixing + blinding are there to counter the trust issue into a probability that is not even ...real.

Instantx is cool but its really just forging confirmations, and you can tell how much the crypto community trusts th is apporach by the fact that zero exchanges have implemented it. COncerning the scalabitlity issue... it is solving a problem that does not exist for drk.

Just because something isn't experiencing widespread adoption immediately, doesn't mean it's useless. These things occur gradually.

InstantX is not just fast confirmations. It's a tool that can cut the middle-man from BTC transactions. With some bitcoin payment processors you can buy something instantly with zero confirmations. But the merchant relies on the payment processing company to take the risk for him. With InstantX the merchant doesn't even need the payment processing company and their zero-confirmation mediation. That's a nice thing to have in crypto, and even keep payment processors honest from requiring a few % per transaction in the future.
innergy

Activity: 685

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:26:37 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 07:38:49 AM by innergy

I'm working on transitioning my MNs to start-many and I have a quick question.

So let's say I have two MNs currently, so that's two addresses with 1000 DASH in each. I have lots of backups in various places, and it's a pain in the ass to get to them all and replace them with new wallets.

If I create a new wallet and import both private keys into the new wallet (thus the DASH stays in the same address), will the old wallets still work as backups? I'm assuming so, but want to confirm.

yes. Your backups will also contain the same privkey, so equivalent (for the 2 1000 dash inputs) --
But, keep in mind, if you ever send coin from that new wallet, you will not have backups of /that/ wallets change addresses.
Best to just "file -> backup wallet" often /just in case/ you end up using a newly generated address.

Or just use "Custom change address" option and put the same address..
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 07:34:04 AM

with the rate of ignoring people here soon i will talk to my self ...maybe Evan even him if he starts to talk nonsense  Cheesy

and you call this good coin? hahaha

CRAVE for P&D
"its not P&D" naah

I won't ingore you RUX
(am I on your ignore :-(    ?

Mangled Blue ofc you are not on my ignore... :*

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:41:58 AM

I'm working on transitioning my MNs to start-many and I have a quick question.

So let's say I have two MNs currently, so that's two addresses with 1000 DASH in each. I have lots of backups in various places, and it's a pain in the ass to get to them all and replace them with new wallets.

If I create a new wallet and import both private keys into the new wallet (thus the DASH stays in the same address), will the old wallets still work as backups? I'm assuming so, but want to confirm.

yes. Your backups will also contain the same privkey, so equivalent (for the 2 1000 dash inputs) --
But, keep in mind, if you ever send coin from that new wallet, you will not have backups of /that/ wallets change addresses.
Best to just "file -> backup wallet" often /just in case/ you end up using a newly generated address.

Or just use "Custom change address" option and put the same address..

I almost destroyed 1k Dash!  A year into Masternodes!

I wished one could add a custom change address and force it in a config file f.ex. - otherwise you need to manually add it every time you send coins...

https://dashtalk.org/threads/bad-backup-practice-i-almost-destroyed-1k-dash.4487/
sdef2

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:43:41 AM

okay, my first attempt at TA:

4 hour and 6 hour macd is tipping green again , first time since 4 days or so!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:45:40 AM

You should be a little more honest.
 The only person who disappeared into thin air was Mr.Spread.
 Don't blame your investment decisions on Dash. Evan has been consistent, persistent and 120% dedicated to development since day 1.
 You saw an opportunity to become a first adopter Spread millionaire and dived straight in. Since then, you've become quite bitter.
 You've certainly entered FUD territory.

If you truly feel what you think, perfectly fine to express your thoughts, juts don't be a troll from here on please.
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:53:28 AM

Don't blame your investment decisions on Dash. Evan has been consistent, persistent and 120% dedicated to development since day 1.
 You saw an opportunity to become a first adopter Spread millionaire and dived straight in. Since then, you've become quite bitter.

If you truly feel what you think, perfectly fine to express your thoughts, juts don't be a troll from here on please.

Never bought a single spread coin and actually defended a bit against them in here. Check my history.

edit:

I think anyone defending spreadcoin should first clarify whether or not they have invested in it  Roll Eyes... It seems like something I would like, I've checked it out multiple times with an open mind, and it has always put a bad taste in my mouth. Its pretty disheartening to see the names that are so familiar in this thread over there. I have no love for it.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:55:16 AM

El Spreado split for Belize and gone native, didn't you know?

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:59:35 AM

Never bought a single spread coin and actually defended a bit against them in here. Check my history.

edit:

I think anyone defending spreadcoin should first clarify whether or not they have invested in it  Roll Eyes... It seems like something I would like, I've checked it out multiple times with an open mind, and it has always put a bad taste in my mouth. Its pretty disheartening to see the names that are so familiar in this thread over there. I have no love for it.

I stand corrected. Sorry! Got you mixed up.
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:03:12 AM

4h MACD green, 6H MAcd just gone green, I think this is the end of the downtrend..

sdef2

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:04:35 AM

4h MACD green, 6H MAcd just gone green, I think this is the end of the downtrend..

that's what i said a few posts back ! Wink
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:07:03 AM

Good to repeat the good news Smiley

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:24:51 AM

Man do I feel lucky. I'm not a day trader, I'm the prototype buy high sell low type of guy. I'm a long time investor. But I made it a point to learn the tricks of the trade slow and steady. I feel ok if I win 1 Dash, but completely devastated when I lose 1 Dash. Curiously, it doesn't pain me to see my investment devaluate with price swings. It's the "wrong trade move" that really gets to me. Emotivity is enemy nº1 of trading.

So I decided to part ways with a few Dash yet again and forget about them if I lost them. Labelled them self-tutoring costs for sanity's sake. Thanks to Crave and VNL, I turned 0.7 BTC into 4.5, and bought back into Dash yesterday.

I was too lucky. Decided to exit Crave just hours before the crash-dump. VNL also did good for me.

Conclusion, despite being lucky, I hate day trading. I would need copious amounts of anxiety-relief drugs to keep me sane.  I have no clue how people manage to do this day in day out.
r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 09:00:43 AM

Man I used to love this coin. I was a fanboy for a full year and could see no evil. If you are asking why people are selling, delusional bagholders are not the ones to ask, I know, I used to be one.

There's a hell of a lot of reasons people are selling. ROI is heading straight down and you can expect it to continue along that path. Sure 18% annually sounds OK, but the price would have to stay consistent for that year which seems to be a bit of a stretch considering drk has played all its relevant cards  and the future of btc is looking a bit grim. Less than $2 a day and dropping fast is not really that enticing for every $3,500 you invest in such a risky investment like an altcoin. It has functional privacy, but thats really only relevant in the very short term because of the whole trusted third party aspect. I ignored it for a long time and I believe you can too, as long as you keep focusing on the pipe dream.

Evan is a loveable genius, but the coin is completely reliant on him which causes centralization. THis wouldn't be a big deal but it means he is vulnerable to being influenced and making reckless decisions. The director of the foundation is someone who has zero involvement in the community and is business partners with "Otoh". Where would the price be today if it were not for Otoh's blatant market manipulation? So you have all code being dependent on Evan, his confidante Ed Moncado whispering in his ear (ask the VIA dev how he feels about that guy), and Ed Monacado's business partner Otoh controlling the price. During all this time the ancient holders are getting around to setting up MNs, which drives the profitability of running a MN straight down.

And where does drk go from here? Masternode blinding is nice, but is still relying on third parties. Before tok claims they are just like every other client, they are not, they perform specilaized tasks that normal clients do not, and you have to trust them. Trusted third parties are the whole reason crypto exists and they are the devil. Instantx is cool but its really just forging confirmations, and you can tell how much the crypto community trusts th is apporach by the fact that zero exchanges have implemented it. COncerning the scalabitlity issue... it is solving a problem that does not exist for drk.

SO you want to go to mobile wallets and create friendly name and brand? Well, SDC has rocked the mobile wallets featuring anonoymity so tahts nothing new. As far as reaching out beyond the crypto community.. tell me what is the major difference to the end user between drk and these startups that they want to compete for the same name with? Tell me what is the difference to the end user who uses the "dash" app already accepted by 50 vendors in real life to the future dash app?? Instant transaction, already there. Some smart code they cant understand? Don't care. Superb privacy? Well they read some forums and people dont seem to be very confident in the privacy anyway.

SO its not only as tok said and the charts have gone from green to red. THere are some serious god damn problems with this coin and I wish I could see it the way I did before. Love you guys~!

+1

P.S: Should not just think that new people buy dash and price go up, actually we need work on merchant and gateway to accept dash,so people can buy service with dash.

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
innergy

Activity: 685

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:21:23 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 09:35:24 AM by innergy

Turning point? 4hr MACD green again, downtrend line crossed..
I would buy now if I had more free BTC..  Wink
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:27:57 AM

okay, my first attempt at TA:

4 hour and 6 hour macd is tipping green again , first time since 4 days or so!

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:40:58 AM

It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it. (Works a treat as a chat-up line, too  Grin)

Pages: « 1 ... 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 [4662] 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: