Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 [4739] 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:11:31 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 06:38:12 PM by TanteStefana2

Hi, I just noticed that I have some pretty huge bills from amazon.aws on my masternode: more than 20$ on january and ferbuary, with tome pretty huge  out data transfert: more than 150 gigas in one month.

Is that amount of data strange just for one masternode?

Amazon's system is so confusing, that when I asked before, how do I know I'm getting the discount for the 3 year contract I signed, they said "oh it's automatic"  Yet I couldn't find anything about it.  Last week, I wrote to them (because I too, have >20 bills last month) and I gave them the transaction number for my contract.  THEY GAVE ME $30 CREDIT! for a WHOLE YEAR of using them.  Now, 30 X3=90 so since I've paid them $100 for the privilege of a 3 year contract, you can see, I lose $10 over what I would have paid if I hadn't committed myself to 3 years.

Does this make sense?

No

Anyway, I've closed down those servers, better not to pay anymore to them, and use one of the many services that are under $7 / month with TONS of allotted data transfer.  I'm saving by just dropping that shit.  I can't tell you how pissed I am.  And by the way NOBODY will buy the contract.  I looked it up, there is no demand for any of their contracts, they're so bad!

Correction, I just noticed the wrote me back on their help interface, no email, and said they refunded some other things.  I apparently have been getting the correct charges, but to this day, other than seeing my receipt, I don't know where it shows me in the interface 1. that I have a 3 year contract or 2. the rate I'm paying, unless I calculate it.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:24:50 PM

The only good thing about Amazon it's that is the easiest thing in the world to manage once you wrap your head around the platform (hehe, sorry Tante...) - the service is rock solid, by far the best for masternode performance I've seen. It is the best for auto-scaling I know.

Given that, I'm not using them anymore since I've found others that do an equally good job, and no surprise bills. I've had the odd 20$ bill myself.

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:37:51 PM

Thanks for your opinion.  I think it's quite obvious that we see DASH coins history and future in 2 very completely different lights.   It would also seem most out there  agree with my thoughts on Dash and more importantly  it's underlying technology.  Our current sustained position on coin market value,  backs me up.  Cheers.
I also see the history of DASH and the future of DASH in completely different lights. The history of DASH is unfortunate however the technology that is being developed now is very good and we have a strong community, and despite the initial emission curve for DASH the distribution of DASH is still relatively good. Learn to live more in the present then in the past. Do not forget the past, history is important, but it is also important to seize the moment. DASH today has some of the best tech and its principles and goals are still in line with decentralization and financial privacy, as long as these things are true I will continue to support this great currency. Smiley

I agree....In here lies my point....Apparently along the way of crypto currency development there was a belief system incubated that crypto currencies were some kind of wealth redistribution/pseudo welfare system.  That is NOT what is going on here....AT ALL!  Crypto Currencies...and DASH are a CURRENCY a medium of exchange!

So yes, just like the initial gold rush of the Yukon and Alaska, those first miners struck it rich.  It wasn't like...."...oh wait till everyone gets here and lets spread this gold among everyone coming to the Klondike" was going on.   Subsequent miners...did not share in that initial bonanza....BUT GOLD IS GOLD...it like what is hoped with happen with DASH as a currency, it gains value over time do to the limited supply, fungiblity and features.

And that is my point....we are not a welfare system, we are a currency.  

This is exactly right, I want to comment on something that you have been trying to convey the last few days.  It is dangerous to try to comply with existing dogma in an ever changing environment, it can quickly lead to outdated and forced solutions that no longer apply to the current reality, this is the problem with most altcoins. In Dash we should not try to replicate Bitcoin or be "satoshi pure" or any other nonsense. We should simply analyze the environment as it is, identify weak areas and pain points in crypto and come up with solutions that solve those issues and add value to users, that's it.

It should be a pure rational exercise deprived of any emotional baggage and that in itself would help more to shape the future set of beliefs than trying to perpetuate existing dogma. Just my 2 duffs.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:44:39 PM

The only good thing about Amazon it's that is the easiest thing in the world to manage once you wrap your head around the platform (hehe, sorry Tante...) - the service is rock solid, by far the best for masternode performance I've seen. It is the best for auto-scaling I know.

Given that, I'm not using them anymore since I've found others that do an equally good job, and no surprise bills. I've had the odd 20$ bill myself.

you said you had to wrap your head around the platform.  This has taken me a year to do. I fall asleep every time I try to read their information pages which often call interfaces/things to look for, with the wrong name.  It's all legalese.

Anyway, not looking back, I've changed to a nice company that gives me 4 cpu cores, 1 gb ram (a little low) 65GB drive space, 1500GB data transfer 1 GBS speed 1 IPv4 and 3 IPv6.  I bought more than I need because I can play with it Wink  all for $7 / mo, and never goes over!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:52:59 PM

******************HELP***********************

I clicked on a bad exe file and now my funds were stolen from one of the masternodes. 

It went to : XbNxYiG8xaMuxdbtfCpqbpTkbzMjaXfagE

They took it out as 2 transactions...one with 19.19 and then 1000 DASH.

Can anyone help in any way?

I've sent my 2nd mn DASH to another address on another laptop.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:57:03 PM

I clicked on a bad exe file and now my funds were stolen from one of the masternodes.  

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XbNxYiG8xaMuxdbtfCpqbpTkbzMjaXfagE.htm

Seems to be a cryptsy account! Contact support immediately and ask them to lock the account, ASAP ! It might work! I remember them being quite attentive to scammers
boubou

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:58:43 PM

Any advice about setting a masternode elsewhere?
I used Amazon Ec2 because it was easy to set up, and free for one year (they said...)

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:01:12 PM

Am sorry can't help but want to know was your wallet locked at the time with an encryption password or not ?

Btw, just had a cryptsy dump of nearly 1k, might be yours  Angry

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 07:05:11 PM

how could he start MN if his wallet was un-encrypted ?  Huh

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 07:07:55 PM

Thanks for your opinion.  I think it's quite obvious that we see DASH coins history and future in 2 very completely different lights.   It would also seem most out there  agree with my thoughts on Dash and more importantly  it's underlying technology.  Our current sustained position on coin market value,  backs me up.  Cheers.
I also see the history of DASH and the future of DASH in completely different lights. The history of DASH is unfortunate however the technology that is being developed now is very good and we have a strong community, and despite the initial emission curve for DASH the distribution of DASH is still relatively good. Learn to live more in the present then in the past. Do not forget the past, history is important, but it is also important to seize the moment. DASH today has some of the best tech and its principles and goals are still in line with decentralization and financial privacy, as long as these things are true I will continue to support this great currency. Smiley

I agree....In here lies my point....Apparently along the way of crypto currency development there was a belief system incubated that crypto currencies were some kind of wealth redistribution/pseudo welfare system.  That is NOT what is going on here....AT ALL!  Crypto Currencies...and DASH are a CURRENCY a medium of exchange!

So yes, just like the initial gold rush of the Yukon and Alaska, those first miners struck it rich.  It wasn't like...."...oh wait till everyone gets here and lets spread this gold among everyone coming to the Klondike" was going on.   Subsequent miners...did not share in that initial bonanza....BUT GOLD IS GOLD...it like what is hoped with happen with DASH as a currency, it gains value over time do to the limited supply, fungiblity and features.

And that is my point....we are not a welfare system, we are a currency.  

This is exactly right, I want to comment on something that you have been trying to convey the last few days.  It is dangerous to try to comply with existing dogma in an ever changing environment, it can quickly lead to outdated and forced solutions that no longer apply to the current reality, this is the problem with most altcoins. In Dash we should not try to replicate Bitcoin or be "satoshi pure" or any other nonsense. We should simply analyze the environment as it is, identify weak areas and pain points in crypto and come up with solutions that solve those issues and add value to users, that's it.

It should be a pure rational exercise deprived of any emotional baggage and that in itself would help more to shape the future set of beliefs than trying to perpetuate existing dogma. Just my 2 duffs.

Excellent articulation.   Its been frustrating in trying to come up with why I've had such a nagging issue with prevailing attitudes in the crypto currency ecosystem.  It started dawning on me that what was being thought of as the ideal...was not the ideal at all.  Currency wither it be gold, silver and fiat have no emotional idealism attached to them...they just exist.  They are what they are a medium of exchange and store of value.  No more no less.  The prevailing ideological thought process of most trolls here are skewed to believe that a currency must be a medium of social justice and wealth re-distribution.  It is not.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:13:01 PM

how could he start MN if his wallet was un-encrypted ?  Huh

I don't understand your point, the wallet does not need to be encrypted and has nothing to do with the masternode starting as such.  Huh

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:17:57 PM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XbNxYiG8xaMuxdbtfCpqbpTkbzMjaXfagE.htm

Seems to be a cryptsy account! Contact support immediately and ask them to lock the account, ASAP ! It might work! I remember them being quite attentive to scammers

I did reach out to them...doubt they can do anything

I did have encryption, but they stole my gmail data so I think I may have used the same pw as the encryption one somewhere..and that's on me.

I'm fucked...feel like my life is ruined.  I don't know what to do anymore.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:19:43 PM

I used Amazon Ec2 because it was easy to set up, and free for one year (they said...)

Pick your new favorite provider here:

http://lowendbox.com/
Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:21:34 PM

I did have encryption, but they stole my gmail data so I think I may have used the same pw as the encryption one somewhere..and that's on me.

I'm fucked...feel like my life is ruined.  I don't know what to do anymore.

Shit, sounds like a targeted hacking  Angry
Hope the other one is ok.
(I did the same for a small bitcoin wallet that was not encrypted thats why I asked, never could work out for sure what caused it so deleted loads of sgminer exes and ended up formating in the end anyway just to make sure)

Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:33:13 PM

(I did the same for a small bitcoin wallet that was not encrypted thats why I asked, never could work out for sure what caused it so deleted loads of sgminer exes and ended up formating in the end anyway just to make sure)

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XbNxYiG8xaMuxdbtfCpqbpTkbzMjaXfagE

19.18810635 has been moved out, and the balance is still 1000.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 07:34:04 PM

Not quite sure what has happened here.  What exe file caused this?  Can someone upload this so I can send this off to one of my associates to see what this file is?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
fuzzyduck

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:41:27 PM

Hi, I just noticed that I have some pretty huge bills from amazon.aws on my masternode: more than 20$ on january and ferbuary, with tome pretty huge  out data transfert: more than 150 gigas in one month.

Is that amount of data strange just for one masternode?

Amazon's system is so confusing, that when I asked before, how do I know I'm getting the discount for the 3 year contract I signed, they said "oh it's automatic"  Yet I couldn't find anything about it.  Last week, I wrote to them (because I too, have >20 bills last month) and I gave them the transaction number for my contract.  THEY GAVE ME $30 CREDIT! for a WHOLE YEAR of using them.  Now, 30 X3=90 so since I've paid them $100 for the privilege of a 3 year contract, you can see, I lose $10 over what I would have paid if I hadn't committed myself to 3 years.

Does this make sense?

No

Anyway, I've closed down those servers, better not to pay anymore to them, and use one of the many services that are under $7 / month with TONS of allotted data transfer.  I'm saving by just dropping that shit.  I can't tell you how pissed I am.  And by the way NOBODY will buy the contract.  I looked it up, there is no demand for any of their contracts, they're so bad!

Correction, I just noticed the wrote me back on their help interface, no email, and said they refunded some other things.  I apparently have been getting the correct charges, but to this day, other than seeing my receipt, I don't know where it shows me in the interface 1. that I have a 3 year contract or 2. the rate I'm paying, unless I calculate it.

https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083/  Roll Eyes

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
fuzzyduck

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:43:09 PM

Pick your new favorite provider here:

http://lowendbox.com/

https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083/  Roll Eyes

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:44:01 PM

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XbNxYiG8xaMuxdbtfCpqbpTkbzMjaXfagE

19.18810635 has been moved out, and the balance is still 1000.

If its gone to cryptsy and you alert them now they can track the transaction and identify the IP. They will also have an email address, and you might be able to track that back.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:45:13 PM

Not quite sure what has happened here.  What exe file caused this?  Can someone upload this so I can send this off to one of my associates to see what this file is?
that sux man, sorry to hear that jiggy. tell us what the exe was.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Pages: « 1 ... 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 [4739] 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: