Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:34:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 [5428] 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722456 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:16:21 AM

Why does he continue to work full-time on the project?

WHY is he still working full time developing the coin?

words.. words.. words..

my friend, darkcoin/dash is a developing scam  Wink

end of story...period.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 12:30:36 AM

Evan & team are doing a great job.

You are assuming facts not in evidence.  Dash's botched launch fiasco is the furthest thing from "a great job."  Ditto for the rebrand shitshow.

Evidence of Evan & team doing a great job would be something like working code and/or a peer-reviewed whitepaper, not a teaser campaign ("What's in the Evolusham box???") for vaporware.

Here is the evidence Evan & team are NOT doing a great job:

"Anybody who thinks they can flesh out a protocol in secret and then deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of hurt."
         [Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23]

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:35:53 AM

You are assuming facts not in evidence

Found a new avatar for you...hope you like it.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:41:34 AM

...meanwhile, Dash turns out to be one of the few coins where a price decline actually helps the network.

MN population now coming up on 3400.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:45:34 AM

What are you doing here Icebreaker? Why are you wasting your time in this thread? Months of countless posts just to say every day the same like a clerk doing a job in an office.

Monero or Dash will succeed or fail not because of you or a horde of sock puppets trolling hard every day here.

You are just a sad individual trolling the same thread in Bitcointalk, every day for months. Think about that.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 12:54:29 AM

I'm loving these last few pages. Vitalik is finding out that anybody who dares speak a negative word about Monero gets immediately flamed by all the Monero shills and trolls.

Where did Vitalik speak a negative word about Monero?

All I see is Vitalik announcing ETH will imitate Monero's ring signatures, which is of course the most sincere form of flattery.

And then there is the comment where he agrees they should play nice together.

Are you mad ETH isn't using DASH-like masternodes or some other form of your cargo cult's bad crypto?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:56:53 AM

...meanwhile, Dash turns out to be one of the few coins where a price decline actually helps the network.

price high: sells coins

price low: sells coins (free coins from POS nodes) or accumulate from POS...not POW

Cool

nobody wants to (POW) work anymore when price is low that's why staking (POS) is the way  Grin
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:59:27 AM

+56% of total coins in the masternode network ...lol!!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 01:02:05 AM

"Anybody who thinks they can flesh out a protocol in secret and then deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of hurt."
          [Nick Szabo, 1993-8-23]

[personal attacks; off-topic deflection]

What makes you believe Evolusham can be fleshed out in secret and then deployed full-blown and working?

You don't even bother trying to defend the indefensible secret development.  I'm not surprised, given how well that's worked out for XC and Blocknet!   Tongue

Any DashHole who thinks Duffield can flesh out Evolusham in secret and then deploy it, full-blown and working, is in for a world of butthurt.

Think about that.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:13:33 AM

Keep the good trolling Icebreaker, the Monero crowd need you here doing the job  Wink

Sorry not answer your questions. X11, DGW, Darksend, masternodes and InstantX developments are beyond any discussion  (for non fanatical and reasonable people at least)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:22:28 AM

I don't remember this.  I'm just working it out with what we're given.  Still, I'd think this would be an excellent solution.  No need to wait for blocks, how ever many MNs you have, is essentially the number of rounds.  Seems logical to me.

Maybe there is another way?

I sure hope it won't be something that obscures the blockchain like Monero.  I don't like something I can't check on. 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
cryptonewb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:52:45 AM

I don't remember this.  I'm just working it out with what we're given.  Still, I'd think this would be an excellent solution.  No need to wait for blocks, how ever many MNs you have, is essentially the number of rounds.  Seems logical to me.

I sure hope it won't be something that obscures the blockchain like Monero.  I don't like something I can't check on.  

I did study monero a bit and I don't see an issue with the 'obscure blockchain'...
The ring signatures are based on tested crypto, this ensures that all outputs are valid and the network has a mechanism that is double spend proof.

The mixing on masternodes is a weak point in my opinion. It is just bad for anonymity.

Currently I own 200 DASH and 1000 XMR.
Still not sure what to do:

*DASH has better market cap and support, but I don't really like the mixing system.
Also additional features I think are interesting like instantX I like, although I would like to see some external crypto-expert checking if it's safe and can scale.
*XMR has better mixing tech, but I have no clue why the community and market cap seems so small.
I also like the stealth addresses... You only need one account. It's better than a HD wallet because change transactions can't be linked.

My initial plan to buy a masternode is postponed until I see some external validation of DASH tech and the details of Evolution.
If DASH would go sub 0.005 BTC, I'll probably double down on my current position.
This will also happen for XMR if it drops below 0.001 BTC.

I'll probably bet on both for now. If one or the other clearly becomes the leading anonymous currency, I'll sell the one and buy the other.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:54:13 AM

Lets look at what Nick Szabo actually said in context.

When we do that, we find that in fact, he's talking about technologies needing practical exposure to markets and users in order to evolve. He's talking about it being messy "out there" and that iterative cycles of deploy-learn-develop are required to produce something that's robust enough and practical enough at the same time to be successful.

Few cryptos have done as much justice to this ethic than Dash. It's basically had a baptism of fire since day one and successfully responded and improved according to market and industry priorities. Deployments have been delivered, revisions created, long term design goals refined and focused, new opportunities discovered - all from having been "out there". Most importantly - it survived and now has a roadmap that does justice to that survival.

Meanwhile, by way of contrast, lets take something like Monero: Ironically, that WAS designed in secret in an ivory tower, got shoved "out there", has had almost nothing done on it since, has lost 90% of its value from launch, suffers from confidence problems, the wrong monetary model and a defective implementation at launch - all on top of an almost non-existent set of end user tools.

In other words, the very "world of [but]hurt" that Nick Szabo was talking about  Wink   [Additional insertion courtesy of the thread's resident scarecrow]

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:00:24 AM

I don't remember this.  I'm just working it out with what we're given.  Still, I'd think this would be an excellent solution.  No need to wait for blocks, how ever many MNs you have, is essentially the number of rounds.  Seems logical to me.

I sure hope it won't be something that obscures the blockchain like Monero.  I don't like something I can't check on. 

evan got grilled there..ha ha ha........

evan: any other questions? tsa huh huh.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:21:09 AM

Fine, I grant you it's not CERTAIN that Evan got a shitton of coins. It's still LIKELY given the circumstances.

What really made me WTF in your post is the "changing mind" thing about the emission schedule. That should not be changed lightly, if at all - you should know this.

This was something that was voted on.  I didn't like the idea myself, and argued against it.  But the community was over 95% for it, so it was done.  Another instance of Evan coming to the community for guidance.  And there initially was no limit technically to the number of coins to be produced.  The way the number of coins was limited was by reducing the emissions by 7% per year.  Otherwise we kept the same setup.  This calculates over the next 100 or so years as halving.

Also, Evan's initial estimates on how many coins would be produced assumed a lower hash rate (that it would never get so high as to hug the minimum reward).  

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:36:46 AM

Pages and pages of Monero bagholders arguing about a coin they consider an scam. Tireless efforts of our resident Monero trolls repeating the same every day and sock puppets with very lame names just increasing the size of this thread trying to make it unreadable. They are not going to win.

The situation here is something any rational investor can think about. They are here because they are scared.

Fuck the trolls, Evan & team are doing a great job.

Beyond that, if Evan's vision does work, it's the users, the people who find the technology useful, that will make the final decision. Not the trolls or the crypto nerds.  So ultimately, it doesn't matter what these trolls say or try to do, this machine, the Autonomous Virtual Corporation that is Dash isn't going to disappear.  So good luck to them Smiley

This thread is indeed completely unreadable.  Investors may try to read here, see it's all BS, then go to the website or Dashtalk.org and there they will make their decisions.

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:40:12 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 03:11:58 AM by Lebubar

I don't remember this.  I'm just working it out with what we're given.  Still, I'd think this would be an excellent solution.  No need to wait for blocks, how ever many MNs you have, is essentially the number of rounds.  Seems logical to me.

I sure hope it won't be something that obscures the blockchain like Monero.  I don't like something I can't check on.  

I did study monero a bit and I don't see an issue with the 'obscure blockchain'...
The ring signatures are based on tested crypto, this ensures that all outputs are valid and the network has a mechanism that is double spend proof.

The mixing on masternodes is a weak point in my opinion. It is just bad for anonymity.

*DASH has better market cap and support, but I don't really like the mixing system.
Also additional features I think are interesting like instantX I like, although I would like to see some external crypto-expert checking if it's safe and can scale.
*XMR has better mixing tech, but I have no clue why the community and market cap seems so small.
I also like the stealth addresses... You only need one account. It's better than a HD wallet because change transactions can't be linked.

My initial plan to buy a masternode is postponed until I see some external validation of DASH tech and the details of Evolution.
If DASH would go sub 0.005 BTC, I'll probably double down on my current position.

I'll probably bet on both for now. If one or the other clearly becomes the leading anonymous currency, I'll sell the one and buy the other.

What is your opinion about Trolleros, posting here all day long?
This don't show you some kind of weakness of their part?
That we don't care about them but they always speak about us?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:45:45 AM

Best thing is: trolls keep trolling all day, but evan don't give a fuck -> keeps coding all day. The only thing that would worry me if evan had the time to argue with the trolls and spam competitors threads all day.

Even on Slack, Evan says almost nothing, at least not in the public threads there.  He's probably talking to the core team, but he's said more here on this thread than anywhere else Smiley

So yah, Exactly.

He did poke his head in to say he liked Mr. Robot though Tongue

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:50:39 AM

For me, if I can't figure out where a transaction is, if it's been duplicated, if it's really working.  If there is no way to double check it - especially a way I can understand, it's not for me.  I don't like the complexity.  I seriously don't trust it, and I don't know if someone holds the key to the encryption either.  You have to completely trust the person who set the ball in motion.  And frankly, that person turned out to be a scammer.  Or perhaps they were a government spy network?  How can anyone trust it?  Why do you have to trust such a centralized point of failure?

It's not for me.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 02:56:50 AM

You don't know, much less understand, the roadmap of the coin you cheer-lead for and defend against attackers?

Wow.  Such blind faith.  What sweet innocence.  Typical cult victim.   Undecided

I will never understand how people become True Believers in some dude's shady hobby project, especially after what vertoe said when she left.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 [5428] 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: