Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:50:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 [5430] 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722480 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:14:36 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 10:28:41 AM by toknormal

I have no clue why the (Monero) community and market cap seems so small.

Because it's a hand waving trainspotting exercise and not an adoption-oriented technology one. Try using it. (see 3 posts before this one for what a project that IS adoption oriented looks like).

By the way. A favourite 'straw man' in use by XMR bloat-holders is that the criticisms of obscure blockchains revolve around the ability to 'mess' with the coin supply.

They are not.

The first problem with obscure blockchains is to do with engendering confidence and integrity of the entire monetary ecosystem. Crypto's are attempting to be 'unbacked money'. That's a tall order. So if there's no worldwide, transparent, societally endorsed consensus over blockchain movements then you have a recipe for disaster - a confidence bomb just waiting to implode. All it takes is one dodgy wallet and a lot of rumour, then nobody knows what the f*ck's going on on that blockchain and everybody dumps "just in case".

How do you think bitcoin survived all its various hammerings and media shitstorms over the Mt Gox debacle, the malleability scaremongering, and the rest ? Because throughought everything there were 10's of thousands of people every day scrutinising this type of publicly endorsed information, verifying their wallet balances from two or three sources, checking the progress of confirmations, squaring off balances between addresses and so on.

Say what you like about privacy, but if you don't have at least that level of verifiable transparency in an unbacked monetary system, you don't have squat.

The second problem with so called 'obscured blockchains' is that they conflict with traditional age-old distinction between cash and credit. These are two well understood, forms of exchange who's priorities and properties are almost mutually exlusive.

Cash is fungible, anonymous and public (i.e. it's out in the open' not managed behind closed doors by a trusted third party)
Credit is not fungible , not anonymous and therefore needs to be kept private (managed behind closed doors by a trusted third party)

Crypto is a peer-to-peer monetary medium. It therefore needs to adopt the cash model, not the credit one and so the anonymous, publicy accountable blockchain applies. In that context, confidence and value are maximised by supporting the levels of transparency that bitcoin has, and transaction privacy derives from the inability of observers to make much of a distinction between the coins at one address and those at another.

See here for more info. (And here).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:20:35 AM

I don't use nor care about Apple's products, but judging from the swift reactions to attempt to denigrate the release I get the suspicion this might be a significant event. So congratulations, team!
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:23:14 AM

Thats a port of the breadwallet: https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet
You should be more clear about this.

Credit goes to QuantumExplorer , who’s done a superb job developing this wallet.

You should give credit to Aaron Voisine too!
And also include his license file more visually: https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet/blob/master/LICENSE

Relax big guy

https://www.dashpay.io/news/iphone-dashwallet-release/
it is all in there

No there are no credits in the "press releases"
http://web.archive.org/web/20151120102010/https://www.dashpay.io/news/iphone-dashwallet-release/
Do you think we can´t read?

And it wasn´t in the forum either, fernando cleverly edited it in:

"fernando, Today at 3:55 AM"

I don't use nor care about Apple's products, but judging from the swift reactions to attempt to denigrate the release I get the suspicion this might be a significant event. So congratulations, team!

Nah it´s rejected by Apple, they allow only Bitcoin. Vertcoin ios wallet was also rejected 2014, so was the Monero wallet (google accepted it tho).

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:42:20 AM

Is this coin absolutely and fully anonymous ? which one is best ? Monero or Dash ? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each one ?

As far as I can tell, DASH has less anonymity than Monero because DASH mixes in masternodes.

if nobody can deanonymize DASH what difference does it make? that's like entering a tank in a NASCAR race and thinking it's going to win because the tank is more resistant to crashes. the trade off is a non legacy compliant unscalable already bloated blockchain, the little extra anon (pre evolution) is not worth the huge trade off. plus the lack of any real anonymity has not hurt bitcoin's market-cap as of yet.

As long as the mixing isn't decentralized at protocol level (as promised), this will be the case.

by that strict interpretation aren't all cryptocoins centralized?
if dash was centralized one person could deanonymize dash or push a button and shut it down, that's not the case.

On the other hand, DASH offers way more than only anonymity and has at the moment a better exposure.  
So I decided to invest in both and watch it play out for the moment.

the market agrees. i expect monero to keep getting pushed down until a year from now it will be lucky to be in the top 20.
if a solid zerocash implementation is released then it's lights out for monero/cryptonote. just ask fluffypony, he'll tell you that and he is fully expecting it happen at some point.

monero just has too many issues and is way to risky for me to invest in. i just picked up two new masternodes and did not even consider monero, ethereum looks pretty interesting though so i may diversify a bit into that.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:50:43 AM

"The Dash team is pleased to announce the release of an iPhone wallet for Dash based on the popular Breadwallet for Bitcoin"

... Not sure how much clearer you want us to make it...

Walter
othe

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:10:43 AM

"The Dash team is pleased to announce the release of an iPhone wallet for Dash based on the popular Breadwallet for Bitcoin"

Walter

It wasn´t there, so stop lying, it has been edited by fernando (fernando, Today at 3:55 AM ). You thought no one will notice it, but i did, because i used breadwallet before.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:14:37 AM

7) There is no centralized point of failure, unlike in DASH.

and what is the centralized point of failure in DASH?
surly you are not talking about the decentralized masternode network.

othe

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:21:13 AM

Is this coin absolutely and fully anonymous ? which one is best ? Monero or Dash ? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each one ?

As far as I can tell, DASH has less anonymity than Monero because DASH mixes in masternodes.

if nobody can deanonymize DASH what difference does it make? that's like entering a tank in a NASCAR race and thinking it's going to win because the tank is more resistant to crashes. the trade off is a non legacy compliant unscalable already bloated blockchain, the little extra anon (pre evolution) is not worth the huge trade off. plus the lack of any real anonymity has not hurt bitcoin's market-cap as of yet.

As long as the mixing isn't decentralized at protocol level (as promised), this will be the case.

by that strict interpretation aren't all cryptocoins centralized?
if dash was centralized one person could deanonymize dash or push a button and shut it down, that's not the case.

On the other hand, DASH offers way more than only anonymity and has at the moment a better exposure.  
So I decided to invest in both and watch it play out for the moment.

the market agrees. i expect monero to keep getting pushed down until a year from now it will be lucky to be in the top 20.
if a solid zerocash implementation is released then it's lights out for monero/cryptonote. just ask fluffypony, he'll tell you that and he is fully expecting it happen at some point.

monero just has too many issues and is way to risky for me to invest in. i just picked up two new masternodes and did not even consider monero, ethereum looks pretty interesting though so i may diversify a bit into that.

Mastermined is spreading lies again with out of context screenshots, nice job, i hope the other dashers are proud to have someone like you, clearly shows what the dash community is about.
You think you are good at twisting words, but you are just a miserably little lying scumbag. Oh so great to even use a 241 day old discussion you started with spreading shit on reddit, you sir are a true internet hero and the more you speak the more shady looks all this dash stuff, so let´s speak a bit more here :-)

Here´s the full text, everyone can read it themselves here: https://m.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/301r4e/crypto_primitive_shorter_than_current_monero_ring/
"if a solid zerocash implementation is released then it's lights out for monero/cryptonote. just ask fluffypony, he'll tell you that and he is fully expecting it happen at some point. " - in fact he said the opposite.

Here are some more lies from your fellow community member the MasterMined710 Scammer.

lastly, monero was launched about 3 months after DASH yet it already has almost twice the amount of coins mined. seems like a highly inflationary ongoing instamine that gives an unfair advantage to those early miners.

my conclusion, there has never been a coin with a perfect launch including bitcoin.

There's perfect, there's scam, and everything in between. Monero is a helluva lot closer to perfect than DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin could every hope to be.

You can look on the block explorer and see the amount of coins emitted at any block. For instance, by block 20000 ( http://moneroblocks.eu/search/20000 ), mined on May 1st, the total number of emitted coins was about 350k or about 3.5% of the total coins that exist today. So, 3.5% of the coins that exist were mined during the period of the crippled miner when a few folks (such as DGA, who is not a member of the development team) were mining with optimized miners. Around May 1st the optimized miner was made public by NoodleDoodle and other members of the actual dev-team that took over the coin from TFT.

Compare that with DASH, where around 1/3 of the coins that exist today were mined in the first 48 hours or so, and I think it's pretty plain to see which coin had the more fair launch. (This is not to mention the fact that there was zero windows clients and a promise to relaunch made by the Xcoin developer, while hundreds of AWS and DO nodes mined away). 33% of available coins mined in 2 days, or 3% of available coins mined in a few weeks - I don't think it's much of a comparison.

(This is also not to mention the fact that DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin switched to a quasi-PoS system after their botched launch, allowing large holders to just sit on their coins and grow them, which is obviously not the case for Monero, which is pure PoW, where owning a chunk of coin doesn't allow one to do anything but dump it on an exchange.)

Top post jwinterm. Facts, not FUD.

Thank you for digging this post up. Mastermined can now come back and try to spin things to death about the "scam" that has happened with Monero when clearly Dash is no saint and in fact likely is the equivalent of the devil's favorite demon coin with shady launches, broken PoW algorithm, rebranding to distance itself from its shady past, and the addition of quasi-PoS system etc..
Why you all compare monero to dash? This tread is about monero scam.

Because this thread is done by the dashtarded scam army who have exposed multiple times of scamming and lying here, for example:

Vitalik just posted in /r/ethereum --

Guess who's now in the firing line now for being low tech'  Cheesy

(Thats what you get for calling Monero a 'real premine sacm').

Never mind. It's all in a good cause (we hope). Mudpies on stun and chickenwire at the ready.

Hey fucktard, why don´t you show the world the whole discussion? Because it doesn´t fit your fucktarded dash scam propaganda?

Or what about this one?

Dashtards, even too stupid to lie; unbelieveable....

Eat shit scumbags.

7) There is no centralized point of failure, unlike in DASH.

and what is the centralized point of failure in DASH?
surly you are not talking about the decentralized masternode network.

Evan Duffield. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:40:38 AM

So there's only one dev in this project...  Roll Eyes

Tell us more...

fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:43:18 AM

Walter

It wasn´t there, so stop lying, it has been edited by fernando (fernando, Today at 3:55 AM ). You thought no one will notice it, but i did, because i used breadwallet before.

No I haven't, it is you who is lying or you wrote too fast after barely reading the announcement. That time you post as proof is the time when I posted it to the forum. And it was also in the web post done a few hours ago by Phillip, which I used as a base for the announcement:

Anyway, I don't know why I bother to answer, you already have created a full conspiracy in your head  Grin

Edit: I introduced a 'who' ('it is you who is lying' instead of 'it is you is lying')
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:52:05 AM

Walter

Don't be such a pussy... It's quite clear in the announcement that this is a fork of breadwallet, even so, unless you've been living under a rock for the last few months there's a thread over on dashtalk.org that is very clear about how this app was developed (not that it matters):

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-iphone-wallet.6079/

Discussion in 'Projects' started by QuantumExplorer, Sep 4, 2015.

"When I set out to create the iPhone wallet a few months ago I originally was thinking to start from scratch. However doing so would have probably taken over a year for me to complete. Hence the wallet being released is a fork of the Breadwallet app. I would like to thank Aaron Voisine, creator of Breadwallet, as his work made this release possible."

/QUOTE

It's also been mentioned on this forum in open discussion. Not sure what your point is..?

Enjoy the app!  : Kiss

Walter
othe

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:53:28 AM

No I haven't, it is you who is lying or you wrote too fast after barely reading the announcement. That time you post as proof is the time when I posted it to the forum. And it was also in the web post done a few hours ago by Phillip, which I used as a base for the announcement:

You are correct, it is at the press release. Clearly an error from my side. apologies.

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:10:12 PM

@othe, man control yourself next time  Roll Eyes
dnaleors everywhere  Cheesy

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:10:25 PM

emotional wall of spam snipped.....

You think you are good at twisting words, but you are just a miserably little lying scumbag.

Hey fucktard,

it doesn´t fit your fucktarded dash scam propaganda?

Eat shit scumbags.

lol, you mad bro. gotta love the monero community outreach representatives.  

othe

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:12:48 PM

emotional wall of spam snipped.....

You think you are good at twisting words, but you are just a miserably little lying scumbag.

Hey fucktard,

it doesn´t fit your fucktarded dash scam propaganda?

Eat shit scumbags.

lol, you mad bro. gotta love the monero community outreach representatives.  

Yes, i hate lying scumbags like you faking shit. I bet others here too.

Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:17:56 PM

Haha Cheesy
Next time go with dnaleor on Dash conference please  Cheesy

othe

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:20:40 PM

Thats a very mature response after numours lies of mastermined have been exposed here, but i didn´t expect more.

Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:21:42 PM

What a gem

dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:34:19 PM

Is there a problem with cryptsy withdrawls ?
I was wonder why there is a low volume for Dash and logged in to withdraw my last 0.9 BTC i had there - Nothing happens since hours, Status = pending
To long away, am i finally MTGoxed ?

EDIT: Just saw this -> http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/10/19/bitcoin-exchange-cryptsy-may-have-gone-full-mt-gox-refuses-to-pay-out-customers/
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:07:03 PM

Is there a problem with cryptsy withdrawls ?
I was wonder why there is a low volume for Dash and logged in to withdraw my last 0.9 BTC i had there - Nothing happens since hours, Status = pending
To long away, am i finally MTGoxed ?

EDIT: Just saw this -> http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/10/19/bitcoin-exchange-cryptsy-may-have-gone-full-mt-gox-refuses-to-pay-out-customers/

Yes there on cryptsy  is problems with withdravals to all people, I m happy -couple weeks ago go out of there... Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 [5430] 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: