Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:25:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 [5640] 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722490 times)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 12:09:43 AM

Can you remote start masternodes?  I'm having to occasionally do this and its annoying as I keep the priv keys on a offline cold wallet.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:11:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RZnhyMGKU
Throttle up...

...and for my next trick, I'll be pumping Dash.

Bump for those that missed a live showing of IX and the soda machine.
GREAT! <3
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 12:20:55 AM

Can you remote start masternodes?  I'm having to occasionally do this and its annoying as I keep the priv keys on a offline cold wallet.

If your MN was offline more than an hour you have to start it from your local.
You can use crontab to check if deamon is running.

Copy code below and paste into mn_watch.sh file.
Type nano mn_watch.sh, paste with right click, and control x, y, enter to save. Change dashuser to your user name.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#run with:  screen -dm /mn_watch.sh
#stop with:  screen -ls to find number and screen -X -S 11111 kill
while true; do
if [ -z `pidof dashd` ]; then
echo Dashd is not running trying to start
/home/dashuser/dashd
sleep 600
else
echo Dashd is Running
sleep 600
fi
done

type:
chmod +x mn_watch.sh

apt-get install screen

type:
screen -dm /mn_watch.sh

I'm not sure if dashman is doing that, great tool. Thanks moocowmoo btw

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dashman-linux-masternode-mangement-made-mootastic.6376/

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 12:46:47 AM

Can you remote start masternodes?  I'm having to occasionally do this and its annoying as I keep the priv keys on a offline cold wallet.

Type nano mn_watch.sh, paste with right click, and control x, y, enter to save. Change dashuser to your user name.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#run with:  screen -dm /mn_watch.sh
#stop with:  screen -ls to find number and screen -X -S 11111 kill
while true; do
/home/dashuser/dashd
sleep 600
else
echo Dashd is Running
sleep 600
fi
done

type:
chmod +x mn_watch.sh

apt-get install screen

type:
screen -dm /mn_watch.sh

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dashman-linux-masternode-mangement-made-mootastic.6376/

eek.  So nothing for windows machine?  I'm using Splawik service to manage my mn's.   It would be kind of cool is someone had a tool made that alerted me when one of my MN's went down.  is there such a thing?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:03:31 AM

Can you remote start masternodes?  I'm having to occasionally do this and its annoying as I keep the priv keys on a offline cold wallet.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#run with:  screen -dm /mn_watch.sh
#stop with:  screen -ls to find number and screen -X -S 11111 kill
while true; do
/home/dashuser/dashd
sleep 600
else
echo Dashd is Running
sleep 600
fi
done

type:
chmod +x mn_watch.sh

apt-get install screen

type:
screen -dm /mn_watch.sh

eek.  So nothing for windows machine?  I'm using Splawik service to manage my mn's.   It would be kind of cool is someone had a tool made that alerted me when one of my MN's went down.  is there such a thing?

Use uptimerobot.com to your node address and listen on port 9999. You'll get an email when it goes down and comes back up.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:04:44 AM

That makes no sense to me, can you explain?

I am just worrying about what happened to bitcoin happening to dash, but I don't know the details enough to do more than just generally worry about it. I assume if there was a hostile takeover of the foundation they could do some bullshit like fork dash and prevent anyone else from using the trademark. I don't know how the foundation is governed though.

If the foundation really owns the trademark, they won't even have to fork DASH in order to prevent anyone else from using it. However, I think the shareholder concentration of the foundation is probably very high, so that will likely deter a (hostile) takeover. But you can never know for sure. Let's say they offer a huge premium, who knows what might happen.

I think worrying about the coin foundation that has bylaws and who's members are all Dash stakeholders having a trade mark, is a way smaller risk than not having the trade mark at all. Do you understand the risk of someone completely unrelated to the project owning the trademark? It is a way bigger risk.

Look for example at the cases of Monero or Lets Talk Bitcoin, they both have had real trademark issues with owners of other trademarks.

In the case of Monero the now closed down Uruguayan Bitcoin company Moneero https://twitter.com/moneerohq actually filed some claims. Fortunately that company closed down. Lets Talk Bitcoin recently got their Youtube channel closed on trademark related issues.

Do you know who owned the Bitcoin trademark, at least at the time they filed for bankruptcy MtGox did. I am lazy to check who owns it now if it was already sold.

http://phys.org/news/2014-05-mtgox-bitcoin-trademarks.html

So saying that Dash taking control of its own destiny and owning rights to the trademark is a bigger risk is disingenuous. Dash has substantially mitigated the risk of outside sources attacking on a trademark basis.

Not to mention that Dash can support the soon-to-be called Dash Foundation with it's own funding.  There is no risk of some outsider being accepted to take over the foundation, we don't need anyone.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:08:09 AM

It would be kind of cool is someone had a tool made that alerted me when one of my MN's went down.  is there such a thing?

dashwhale.org is your friend.
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:22:31 AM

The hot side does not need a "masternode start," as this happens automatically as long as the dashd is running (see Lucas_Jackson's post above to make sure it is always running).

However, if it was offline too long (say, if the VPS service was down for a couple hours), the auto-start script will not be able to prevent your MN from being kicked off the list and you will need to issua a start from the cold wallet.

Currently in Dash Core there is no way to issue a masternode start without exposing your cold-side 1000Dash private keys to a computer connected to the internet.  Evan has said before that he is working on a way to keep the 1000Dash on a computer that never touches the internet, but I have not heard anything more about it.  We may have to wait until Electrum-Dash adds support for MN so we can use either a hardware wallet or Electum's watch-only+offline transaction signing functionality to offline start MN).
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:39:55 AM

The hot side does not need a "masternode start," as this happens automatically as long as the dashd is running (see Lucas_Jackson's post above to make sure it is always running).

However, if it was offline too long (say, if the VPS service was down for a couple hours), the auto-start script will not be able to prevent your MN from being kicked off the list and you will need to issua a start from the cold wallet.

Currently in Dash Core there is no way to issue a masternode start without exposing your cold-side 1000Dash private keys to a computer connected to the internet.  Evan has said before that he is working on a way to keep the 1000Dash on a computer that never touches the internet, but I have not heard anything more about it.  We may have to wait until Electrum-Dash adds support for MN so we can use either a hardware wallet or Electum's watch-only+offline transaction signing functionality to offline start MN).
Exactly.
Richard my service has autorestart in all the nodes.
The node which went down was on a provider who had often down time last days.
PMed you with details.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bluebit25

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:21:21 AM

I am amazed at how well-done and attention-grabbing the soda machine project is. The best part is that the machine can be reused and so can the Dash:
1) Hand a conference-goer a paper wallet with 0.4 Dash on it
2) Have them scan the funds to their phone
3) They spend the money in our soda machine
4) Use the Dash collected to print more wallets for the next conference

The only thing we'd need to fund on an ongoing basis is the soda! If only we could move the soda machine easily.

When we open our first Dash offices, we need to make sure we have a Lamaseu ATM and a Dash soda machine in the lobby of the building!

The wallets will have .25 dash -- soda's will cost .19 (plus 0.01 ix fee) to make an even .2 per soda. Leaving each person with .05 dash in hand.

--

I'll have to get with Lamassu to help them get InstantX on their ATM's -- another win! Smiley

Oooh yah, instant withdrawal of cash for Dash would be very nice (especially for tourists)   And those paper wallet give-aways sound a lot more realistic from the numbers I've heard bandied about.  I wonder how many wallets you're able to make?  And how many people are expected to be there?
I printed about 600 wallets.  (Don't worry about the TSA confiscating, they won't get funded until the day of the show.)  

TheDashMan made a nice backgournd for them too.  Thanks TDM.

600, that's not enough, 1000 is better. Also, make sure to keep count of how much soda is left, so you can get someone to refill it. I'm sure, there will be a lot of people wanting to test it.

Also you should have a large QR code to download the DASH Wallet from the android store on the DASH soda machine with instructions were to buy Dash: Polinex, etc

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:30:47 AM

Code:
#!/bin/bash
while true; do
/home/dashuser/dashd
sleep 600
else
echo Dashd is Running
sleep 600
fi
done

type:
chmod +x mn_watch.sh

apt-get install screen

type:
screen -dm /mn_watch.sh

Use uptimerobot.com to your node address and listen on port 9999. You'll get an email when it goes down and comes back up.

Thanks Oblox.  Splawik has that end all dialed in for me as part of his service.  One of the issues is that as a MN owner...I'd love to know when any one of my MN's go down...Splawik is great at letting me know right away...but I'd like to be able to have a tool that sends me a message to say my smartphone to notify me.

this brings me to an interesting though I had the other day...has anyone tried running a Masternode off of a smartphone?  I have a Samsung Note 3 and Note 2 and a couple of high end tablets.... I mean most of these new smartphones/tablets are pretty powerful.  I have them sitting around doing nothing.  thoughts?

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:35:16 AM

Code:
#!/bin/bash
while true; do
/home/dashuser/dashd
sleep 600
else
echo Dashd is Running
sleep 600
fi
done

type:
chmod +x mn_watch.sh

apt-get install screen

type:
screen -dm /mn_watch.sh

Thanks Oblox.  Splawik has that end all dialed in for me as part of his service.  One of the issues is that as a MN owner...I'd love to know when any one of my MN's go down...Splawik is great at letting me know right away...but I'd like to be able to have a tool that sends me a message to say my smartphone to notify me.  What I was asking to start this....can I remote start-alias a cold wallet, I realize this may seem like a stupid questions, but is there such a thing as a virtual instance of a cold wallet?  The deal is I'm at remote locations often and I'm not carrying my cold wallet with me...for example when I'm travelling.  I've had this happen several times and I'm not able to get to that cold wallet for 2 weeks, missing my payment.

this brings me to an interesting though I had the other day...has anyone tried running a Masternode off of a smartphone?  I have a Samsung Note 3 and Note 2 and a couple of high end tablets.... I mean most of these new smartphones/tablets are pretty powerful.  I have them sitting around doing nothing.  thoughts?

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:40:51 AM

thanks...that clarifies things for me....so having a cold-side offline yet starting the MN's may be able to happen....is currently not possible. 

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:41:39 AM

Code:
#!/bin/bash
while true; do
/home/dashuser/dashd
sleep 600
else
echo Dashd is Running
sleep 600
fi
done

type:
chmod +x mn_watch.sh

apt-get install screen

type:
screen -dm /mn_watch.sh

Thanks Oblox.  Splawik has that end all dialed in for me as part of his service.  One of the issues is that as a MN owner...I'd love to know when any one of my MN's go down...Splawik is great at letting me know right away...but I'd like to be able to have a tool that sends me a message to say my smartphone to notify me.

Uptimerobot will do that for you (via email) and I think Dashwhale does as well.
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:42:39 AM

...has anyone tried running a Masternode off of a smartphone?  I have a Samsung Note 3 and Note 2 and a couple of high end tablets.... I mean most of these new smartphones/tablets are pretty powerful.  I have them sitting around doing nothing.  thoughts?

Bad idea.

First, masternodes secure the network by having 100% uptime.  While theoretically possible to run the daemon it will hurt the network when it periodically goes offline.  We are building a reliable network that should have nodes in professional data centers, not phones or even home networks.

Second, if your node goes dark for 70 minutes (I think), you will move to the back of the payment queue and start the cycle over again.

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 04:01:36 AM

...has anyone tried running a Masternode off of a smartphone?  I have a Samsung Note 3 and Note 2 and a couple of high end tablets.... I mean most of these new smartphones/tablets are pretty powerful.  I have them sitting around doing nothing.  thoughts?

Bad idea.

First, masternodes secure the network by having 100% uptime.  While theoretically possible to run the daemon it will hurt the network when it periodically goes offline.  We are building a reliable network that should have nodes in professional data centers, not phones or even home networks.

Second, if your node goes dark for 70 minutes (I think), you will move to the back of the payment queue and start the cycle over again.

What i mean is I would have usb power hub....these "smartphones" would be connected via a secured wifi and the smartphones would be up 24/7 they would be run as a server on a shelf in our IT room.   I've had 2 of my smartphone a note 1 and note 2 up 24/7 for 7 or 8 months now running our streaming music services.  I've never had to reboot the phones or have had them go down...more then I can say for some other hardware I have....

The idea was to use the hardware as a server base....and they would have the sim cards pulled so no mobile network connectivity, which i've done to these 2 here....just a thought. 

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:25:17 AM

Bad idea.

Smartphones are pretty expensive for a server, even if they were better.  You can run a node on a PI (similar ARM chips as in phones) but the internet service needs to be reliable and a datacenter can do that better and usually with cheaper IP addresses.

I would like to see a backup IP address option.  So when your node goes offline it can fallback to a second IP running a redundant node and stay online.  Similar to websites that link to more than one IP so they can stay online even with high traffic or maintenance.
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:36:51 AM

Bad idea.

Smartphones are pretty expensive for a server, even if they were better.  You can run a node on a PI (similar ARM chips as in phones) but the internet service needs to be reliable and a datacenter can do that better and usually with cheaper IP addresses.

I would like to see a backup IP address option.  So when your node goes offline it can fallback to a second IP running a redundant node and stay online.  Similar to websites that link to more than one IP so they can stay online even with high traffic or maintenance.

You could try one of those Ubuntu smart phones.. I suppose you could install the dash client on that..

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 05:01:43 AM

Bad idea.

I absolutely agree... Smartphones are a quite pricey.... I just go through a lot of them... At least one a year... Currently Note 5 which I may retire for Nexus next go around.  It's not practical to use them for the masses due to cost... But In my case I do have them lying around or streaming music.   I did look into those pi machines and that's super cool.  I could buy a few for the price of my note 5 lol.

Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 05:27:07 AM

Did anyone else notice Dash is missing from the coin update on blog.cryptsy.com?

– Update 2016/01/19 10:08pm –

The following wallets have been opened for withdrawals:

42Coin
Acoin
CraftCoin
DamaCoin
Huh (no Dash?)
DevCoin
Diamond
Doubloons
Ducknote
EZCoin

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Pages: « 1 ... 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 [5640] 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: