Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:46:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 [5944] 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:21:50 PM

RBF has been disabled as we consider it harmful

How so?

Double spending with 0-conf can already be done through tools like the ones Peter Todd used against coinbase, without RBF. It's not RBF that makes 0-conf problematic: https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/40ejy8/peter_todd_with_my_doublespendpy_tool_with/cytlhh0

But RBF can be used to bump-up fees in order to get low-fee transactions unstuck.

I think in the case of Dash we need to consider the role InstantSend plays in locking transactions instantly and avoiding potential double spending.  Also Dash is still far from capacity so RBF could always be merged later on if it seems like it is needed, it would be good to see how it develops on the BTC network and how much people are using it.  This is not an official position just my personal opinion.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:11:18 PM

Nice steady rise for DASH in the market lately, it's still following that long term trend.  Cool

Im betting $10-$15 new stable range post d10e.

Then as dev ramps up and more services come onboard $15-$30 by years end.

Evolution release next year $40-$80

Yeah, i think we are ready for $12-$15 as a stable price

im ready for $80 as stable price range   Cheesy

The price is holding up very well considering the amount of sell pressure that is being generated by development funding etc. We all like to keep hold of our Dash but people gotta eat(!) so I'd expect a fair amount of Dash a month in sell supply just to fund various USD commitments. The fact that the price is remaining steady (and rising) suggests that for every Dash being spent on development we are seeing an increase in value to the project.

Who knows where the price will be over the next year, but one things for sure... Every ounce of development will keep adding value to the project... so over a 1-5 year period I'd expect Dash to keep steadily gaining in value.

Walter
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 04:57:55 PM

Nice steady rise for DASH in the market lately, it's still following that long term trend.  Cool

Isn't the first public beta of Evolution scheduled for summer of 2018?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:11:09 PM

https://github.com/evan82/dash-roadmap

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Riseman

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:16:58 PM

https://github.com/evan82/dash-roadmap

So it's January 2018 then. Thanks.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:39:46 PM

yes indeed,  im sure this will get huge with all the development process.  Cool

The price is holding up very well considering the amount of sell pressure that is being generated by development funding etc. We all like to keep hold of our Dash but people gotta eat(!) so I'd expect a fair amount of Dash a month in sell supply just to fund various USD commitments. The fact that the price is remaining steady (and rising) suggests that for every Dash being spent on development we are seeing an increase in value to the project.

Who knows where the price will be over the next year, but one things for sure... Every ounce of development will keep adding value to the project... so over a 1-5 year period I'd expect Dash to keep steadily gaining in value.

Walter

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 06:33:08 PM

Nice steady rise for DASH in the market lately, it's still following that long term trend.  Cool

Walter

What ! ? Eddufield is a beggar too ? Shocked

Has the fleecing of the noobs really become that easy ?

Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 08:57:42 PM

Nice steady rise for DASH in the market lately, it's still following that long term trend.  Cool

Walter

You are making an intuitive leap here that is inaccurate. Dash is a self-funding DAO, and a portion of the block rewards are allocated to fund budget proposals. Among these proposals are funding to hire developers, establish bounties, and issue deliverable-based contracts. The development happening now is directed toward Evolution, integrations, etc. This is what the above comment was referencing. Exactly zero Dash of the development proposals have been paid to Mr. Duffield, and he certainly isn't begging to anyone.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 09:32:33 PM

Regarding the steadily increasing number of masternodes. Is there any way of knowing or estimating how many new masternodes are getting their collateral from compounding payments from other masternodes owned by same multiple masternode holder, versus how many come from new masternodes purchasing dash from exchange? I have a bit of curiosity about that.

Riseman

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 09:49:22 PM

Regarding the steadily increasing number of masternodes. Is there any way of knowing or estimating how many new masternodes are getting their collateral from compounding payments from other masternodes owned by same multiple masternode holder, versus how many come from new masternodes purchasing dash from exchange? I have a bit of curiosity about that.

It is possible to make a script which will collect such statistics from blockchain provided the transactions were not anonymized. I don't know if someone already did this.

As a simple approximation, you can presume that all payments go to new masternodes and calculate their percentage from the whole accretion in case it is bigger.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 09:58:21 PM

Walter

You are making an intuitive leap here that is inaccurate. Dash is a self-funding DAO, and a portion of the block rewards are allocated to fund budget proposals. Among these proposals are funding to hire developers, establish bounties, and issue deliverable-based contracts. The development happening now is directed toward Evolution, integrations, etc. This is what the above comment was referencing. Exactly zero Dash of the development proposals have been paid to Mr. Duffield, and he certainly isn't begging to anyone.

I guess it really is ! haha..

How is taxing the miners any different ? Beggars and government wannabes both always have their hands out waiting for more.

Its cryptofiat dumbasses like you that have helped the early adopters fuck the crypto movement. WTG !

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 10:30:29 PM

I'm excited... Everytime the trolls show up....means they are worried and great things are about to happen
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 10:32:21 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 06:48:02 PM by iCEBREAKER

RBF has been disabled as we consider it harmful

How so?

Double spending with 0-conf can already be done through tools like the ones Peter Todd used against coinbase, without RBF. It's not RBF that makes 0-conf problematic: https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/40ejy8/peter_todd_with_my_doublespendpy_tool_with/cytlhh0

But RBF can be used to bump-up fees in order to get low-fee transactions unstuck.

How can Dash "disable" RBF if it was never implemented?

The "RBF Is Harmful" FUD is 100% pure buttcoiner trolling and -Classic propaganda.

There are several versions (first seen is the most conservative approach, full RBF is most radical), but don't let stop you from painting the entire range of functionality with your extra-broad "harmful" brush.

CLTV only works in Dash's testnet, while it's been working in Bitcoin's production network for months.

Altcoins are supposed to be Bitcoin's laboratories of experimentation and bring features to market sooner, not later, than the Mother Blockchain.  EG, VIAcoin pioneered CLTV while DashHoles where photoshopping Coke machines.

Same point goes for SEGWIT, and other upcoming features like MAST and Schnorr sigs.  It's pathetic that an altcoin with "easy hard forks" is following rather than leading.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 11:00:21 PM

It's great to see you here again.  It validates my investment.... If truly you thought this was a shit coin as you and the other trolls claim... You wouldn't even bother being on here.  The fact you and the other trolls are here... Is great news.  2+ years of you and your  buddies drivel and we keep climbing.  Your like our personal lucky charm.   Wink
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 11:05:09 PM

I see desperate Icetroll is still deleting his posts so he can repost them as #1 on the following page. You really have no shame putting so much effort into your inconsequential drivel, just to earn a few XMR, right? You're a prostitute, dude.

Anyway, that's not the reason for my post.

Are you ready for a good laugh, guys?

Riccardo Spagni aka OneTrickPony puts ignorance over a "minor detail", I would say, onto full display here:

No, Ric*, it's definitely not "[residing] in a single address". The whole point of mixing coins would be ruined if they'd be put all back together into one single address after mixing. They remain mixed the entire time with hundreds of denominated outputs which are, for all intents and purposes, impossible to backtrace and ready to be spent anonymously. We're still waiting for you to de-anonymize this transaction btw.

You wanna tell the world how unsecure Dash is, but you are neither able to break any of its features nor do you even grasp the most basic concepts of its privacy model. You are a pathetic failure of an attack dog and Risto should stop paying your puny trolling attempts immediately after this humiliation.

Should've stuck with wine tasting instead of being a stewardess for the plane crash that is Manuro, Ricky.

What a joke.

* I'm not calling you "Ric" because I think, we're friends, I'm calling you Ric to illustrate my lack of respect, so don't tell me how to address you, like you tell other people. Ric.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:15:39 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 12:31:44 AM by stealth923

Looks like this time we have made it past 4000

Congrats on this huge milestone!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 12:26:22 AM

It's great to see you here again.  It validates my investment.... If truly you thought this was a shit coin as you and the other trolls claim... You wouldn't even bother being on here.  The fact you and the other trolls are here... Is great news.  2+ years of you and your  buddies drivel and we keep climbing.  Your like our personal lucky charm.   Wink

What about the other shitcoins I post critiques of and warn people about?

By your fail-logic, I must not really think Neucoin, Paycoin, MAID, Cloak, Nautilus, Diamond, etc. are actually that bad.

But that's a stupid thing to assert.  The idea fails Occam's razor for one thing.

Why don't you stick to making wine, instead of speculating about my motivations using such flimsy attempts to attack-the-attacker?

When you get a clue, leave the Evan's Gate cult, and join us Mustangs on Monero Mountain, I expect a few bottles for fluffy's and my own discerning palettes.

And when you guys try forum sliding my comments away, I will delete and repost as it amuses me.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Riseman

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:58:19 AM

Looks like this time we have made it past 4000

Congrats on this huge milestone!

Why the graph limit is updated to 4500? I always thought when it reaches the ceiling at 4000, Dash will instantly replace all world currencies and reach $10000000000000000 for 1 Dash. Do we still have to get another 500 MN to do it? Grin
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:03:34 AM

I see desperate Icetroll is still deleting his posts so he can repost them as #1 on the following page. You really have no shame putting so much effort into your inconsequential drivel, just to earn a few XMR, right? You're a prostitute, dude.

Anyway, that's not the reason for my post.

Are you ready for a good laugh, guys?

Riccardo Spagni aka OneTrickPony puts ignorance over a "minor detail", I would say, onto full display here:

No, Ric*, it's definitely not "[residing] in a single address". The whole point of mixing coins would be ruined if they'd be put all back together into one single address after mixing. They remain mixed the entire time with hundreds of denominated outputs which are, for all intents and purposes, impossible to backtrace and ready to be spent anonymously. We're still waiting for you to de-anonymize this transaction btw.

You wanna tell the world how unsecure Dash is, but you are neither able to break any of its features nor do you even grasp the most basic concepts of its privacy model. You are a pathetic failure of an attack dog and Risto should stop paying your puny trolling attempts immediately after this humiliation.

Should've stuck with wine tasting instead of being a stewardess for the plane crash that is Manuro, Ricky.

What a joke.

* I'm not calling you "Ric" because I think, we're friends, I'm calling you Ric to illustrate my lack of respect, so don't tell me how to address you, like you tell other people. Ric.

lol, yeah that was a quickie follow up to my long rant. i have not been back there since i dropped my load on them.
guess i need to go back and see how they tried to clean things up rather than just hit it and quit it.  Kiss
after a while though it gets hard master debating to the same thing over and over again.  Shocked
they so need to get some new troll material. i guess their sugar daddy is not paying them enough bitmonero.

from what i've found most of the low level trolls really have no idea how DASH actually works....  Has it sent yet

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:32:37 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 01:46:44 AM by Taylor05

Walter

I guess it really is ! haha..

How is taxing the miners any different ? Beggars and government wannabes both always have their hands out waiting for more.

Its cryptofiat dumbasses like you that have helped the early adopters fuck the crypto movement. WTG !
A reallocation of the block reward is not the same thing as a tax. Economic forces ensure there is ALWAYS an equilibrium level of hash power that will be reached given a certain reward level. If the reward going to miners is 45% of the block reward, a certain amount of hashpower will result that covers the miners costs plus some market-defined level of expected return on capital. If the allocation to miners were increased to say 90% instead of 45% (just picking numbers to make the math easy), mining would become incredibly profitable at the current 45%-equilibrium hashrate and you would see a resulting rush of new investment in ASICs and buildings to house them and electricity to run them... in the end you would end up at a new equilibrium hash rate that was roughly 2x the current level, resulting in some tiny amount of incremental transactional security (e.g., from 99.999% secure to 99.9995% secure after 3 confirmations or something). EDIT: BUT, the expected economic return to the miners would be the same either way... at 90% you simply get twice as much hashrate as you would at 45%. It's simply a question of "how much hashrate should the network buy in order to ensure the desired level of transactional security?"

The beauty of this system is that the network can allocate resources towards activities other than mining... activities that provide more benefit than some insignificant amount of transactional security. For example, funding a code review, testers, or security-related bounties could improve security even more than more hash rate. Or more development resources might find some new way to secure transactions altogether, like InstantSend does. Or funding masternodes might strengthen the number of full nodes on the network and ensures they are professionally hosted. And these are all things that can improve security.

Now start thinking about all the other things that can be funded like marketing, research, business partnerships, integrations, work tools, development software, public relations... the list goes on. All of which provide benefits. Bitcoin's model (and virtually all coins) in which 100% of every block is directed toward only the need of transactional security (and worse, toward only one of many potential approaches to achieving that) is nothing short of stupidity. Even Satoshi recognized the needs for incentivized nodes, for example.

An analogy is imagine a world in which Visa (the first and largest credit card network for several years now) took all of its revenue and directed it ALL at transactional security. They bought the best firewalls, hired security experts, built their own private internet, hired armed guards to surround their datacenter, and generally went NUTS with anything security related. Sure, the network was really slow, it got saturated with transactions during peak periods, it wasn't very user friendly, and they didn't offer support. In order to pay a merchant, consumers had to learn how to use a long cryptographic "public key" that looked like a bunch of gibberish to your average Joe. But the network generally worked better than checks and was accepted at quite a few places and was SUPER secure. Meanwhile, they had no marketing, no PR, no business development, no sales force, no new services being developed, no customer service, and no legal department. Instead, they set up the Visa Foundation to handle that and asked the merchants and payment processors and end users to donate toward those things or perhaps do it on their behalf. Of course, the foundation was usually broke or close to it, so unfortunately, it wasn't that effective.

Meanwhile, a few years after Visa got started, a rival to Visa emerged called Mastercard. Mastercard started out pretty small, wasn't accepted anywhere and didn't have very many cardholders. But it did something Visa wasn't set up to do... it funded ALL its needs. They had a sales department, marketing department, legal department, customer service call center (once they had enough users), etc. They started rolling out new services like speedy transactions, increased transaction capacity, developed entirely new ways to secure transactions, made their product super user friendly, added a rewards program, and (gasp!) actually HELPED merchants get set up on the platform.

Naysayers of Mastercard pointed out how "insecure" their network was. They laughed that it wasn't accepted anywhere. They ridiculed that no one used it for much. They pointed out how puny their marketing budget was. Many, dubbed "Visa-maximalists" even scoffed at the idea that there could be more than one credit card payment network... after all, surely the confusion of TWO payment networks would only confuse customers and slow the adoption of this amazing new technology! And the idea that they want to PAY their developers directly and NOT through a donation-driven foundation? What are those guys over at Mastercard smoking anyways?!?!

Which network do you think survives in this scenario long term? Which one will be forced to adapt or will inevitably fail? In hindsight, it will be blindingly obvious which network should have won all along and how stupid Visa's approach was. When you put the scenario we live in RIGHT NOW in terms of two credit card networks, it suddenly becomes obvious what the better approach for a payment network is, and which project will win and which will fail (or be forced into adaptation). But for some reason, people have their blinders on simply because the underlying technology is different. Why!?!? I don't get how the digital currency world has not woken up to this fact yet.

Give us a few years, then come back and tell us whether we were the "dumbasses".
Pages: « 1 ... 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 [5944] 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: