Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:10:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 [6418] 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722490 times)
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:54:05 PM

Dash on Coinbase or Gemini?  This would be very helpful from my POV.     Getting in and out of Dash/USD is still hard for people who are used to using these services for BTC and ETH.

I'm sure I am not the only one who is thinking that and would be interested if anything is in the works..

If there were an integration in the works we wouldn't know about it until the official announcement when it's ready to go live, same as happened with Kraken.  I don't think it will be long now though anyway, after all they're businesses looking to make money and Dash is a more interesting proposition every day  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:45:53 PM

Dash on Coinbase or Gemini?  This would be very helpful from my POV.     Getting in and out of Dash/USD is still hard for people who are used to using these services for BTC and ETH.

I'm sure I am not the only one who is thinking that and would be interested if anything is in the works..

If there were an integration in the works we wouldn't know about it until the official announcement when it's ready to go live, same as happened with Kraken.  I don't think it will be long now though anyway, after all they're businesses looking to make money and Dash is a more interesting proposition every day  Smiley

I actually forgot Kraken was USA based,   will check that process out..  thnx for the reminder.
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:47:12 PM

You make a valid point of course, but instamines in crypto are to be seen negatively for good reasons I think. In most cases they get abused for dumping. If there was a huge instamine, being transparent about it would have helped a great deal maybe. But yes, as you said, we are all asking for equality, but then again it nowhere exists anyway.

Dash WAS transparent about it.  And the Dash wouldn't be worth anything if Evan hadn't worked hard to take Dash where it is today.  He built the team that is taking us to Evolution and beyond.  Not only that, he is using his Dash to build the future, namely DAOs he will fund once we get to that point.  These won't be DAOs for making himself more money, they're DAOs that are to function, somewhat like governments, an experiment he is wanting to try.  To see if people can fund DAOs that serve the community, and be 100% answerable to the community, or they get fired and others hired.  Not like a bloated inefficient and ineffective government like we have today.

And believe me, those who were there and mined in the very beginning, those who had gotten that dam burst of coins were the first to sell them.  I doubt any of them still own much of those Dash.  Even Evan's friends and some of the great people there at the beginning have moved on, and even dumped their coins in rage quits.

It's really hilarious, honest it is, to see "investors" (actually fools) throw their good money after all kinds of silly ICOs, each new one still draws more investors than the last.  A fool and his money are easily parted.

Me?  I was a fool for a few hundred dollars by buying Dash.  I can only say God smiled on me that this project turned out to really be something.  I know I was exceedingly lucky, and perhaps there is something to my intuition - because I really liked Evan from the start.  I liked his passion and his flexibility and his energy.  It turned out to be a good call.  Even when I did buy my Dash, by that point I was convinced that it was going places.  The project had exploded with ideas almost daily, it was amazing.  I know a lot of projects have taken the easy way out with web wallets to make things easier to use, but they're centralized.  Putting account information directly on the blockchain... just bloats it (NEM I think?) and eventually, it'll be hard to retrieve.  Dash is doing it right.  Somehow, Evan et al have foreseen every issue, and come up with a solution to them.  The plan is there, the work has been going full on for over a year and a half, and when Dash Evolution comes out, people will be shaking their heads wondering where all this came from because they weren't paying attention Smiley  https://youtu.be/m2ou-WIxfLY?t=1m36s

Not saying you are wrong. Quite the opposite, you are definitely right. Nonetheless, people would hardly touch coins that get instamined as hard as Dash got unstained in the beginning. While Evan really worked hard, that will not be the case in 99/100 projects. So after all, I am fine with how it went. As you said, anyone could have made a ton of money even after all the scam accusations started. Most of them probably didn't as you said.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:50:07 PM

You make a valid point of course, but instamines in crypto are to be seen negatively for good reasons I think. In most cases they get abused for dumping. If there was a huge instamine, being transparent about it would have helped a great deal maybe. But yes, as you said, we are all asking for equality, but then again it nowhere exists anyway.

Dash WAS transparent about it.  And the Dash wouldn't be worth anything if Evan hadn't worked hard to take Dash where it is today.  He built the team that is taking us to Evolution and beyond.  Not only that, he is using his Dash to build the future, namely DAOs he will fund once we get to that point.  These won't be DAOs for making himself more money, they're DAOs that are to function, somewhat like governments, an experiment he is wanting to try.  To see if people can fund DAOs that serve the community, and be 100% answerable to the community, or they get fired and others hired.  Not like a bloated inefficient and ineffective government like we have today.

And believe me, those who were there and mined in the very beginning, those who had gotten that dam burst of coins were the first to sell them.  I doubt any of them still own much of those Dash.  Even Evan's friends and some of the great people there at the beginning have moved on, and even dumped their coins in rage quits.

It's really hilarious, honest it is, to see "investors" (actually fools) throw their good money after all kinds of silly ICOs, each new one still draws more investors than the last.  A fool and his money are easily parted.

Me?  I was a fool for a few hundred dollars by buying Dash.  I can only say God smiled on me that this project turned out to really be something.  I know I was exceedingly lucky, and perhaps there is something to my intuition - because I really liked Evan from the start.  I liked his passion and his flexibility and his energy.  It turned out to be a good call.  Even when I did buy my Dash, by that point I was convinced that it was going places.  The project had exploded with ideas almost daily, it was amazing.  I know a lot of projects have taken the easy way out with web wallets to make things easier to use, but they're centralized.  Putting account information directly on the blockchain... just bloats it (NEM I think?) and eventually, it'll be hard to retrieve.  Dash is doing it right.  Somehow, Evan et al have foreseen every issue, and come up with a solution to them.  The plan is there, the work has been going full on for over a year and a half, and when Dash Evolution comes out, people will be shaking their heads wondering where all this came from because they weren't paying attention Smiley  https://youtu.be/m2ou-WIxfLY?t=1m36s

Not saying you are wrong. Quite the opposite, you are definitely right. Nonetheless, people would hardly touch coins that get instamined as hard as Dash got unstained in the beginning. While Evan really worked hard, that will not be the case in 99/100 projects. So after all, I am fine with how it went. As you said, anyone could have made a ton of money even after all the scam accusations started. Most of them probably didn't as you said.

agreed, if you buy dash everytime Icebutthurter post his fud here, you'll be millionaire by now.  Smiley

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:24:23 AM

Dash WAS transparent about it.  And the Dash wouldn't be worth anything if Evan hadn't worked hard to take Dash where it is today.  He built the team that is taking us to Evolution and beyond.  Not only that, he is using his Dash to build the future, namely DAOs he will fund once we get to that point.  These won't be DAOs for making himself more money, they're DAOs that are to function, somewhat like governments, an experiment he is wanting to try.  To see if people can fund DAOs that serve the community, and be 100% answerable to the community, or they get fired and others hired.  Not like a bloated inefficient and ineffective government like we have today.

And believe me, those who were there and mined in the very beginning, those who had gotten that dam burst of coins were the first to sell them.  I doubt any of them still own much of those Dash.  Even Evan's friends and some of the great people there at the beginning have moved on, and even dumped their coins in rage quits.

It's really hilarious, honest it is, to see "investors" (actually fools) throw their good money after all kinds of silly ICOs, each new one still draws more investors than the last.  A fool and his money are easily parted.

Me?  I was a fool for a few hundred dollars by buying Dash.  I can only say God smiled on me that this project turned out to really be something.  I know I was exceedingly lucky, and perhaps there is something to my intuition - because I really liked Evan from the start.  I liked his passion and his flexibility and his energy.  It turned out to be a good call.  Even when I did buy my Dash, by that point I was convinced that it was going places.  The project had exploded with ideas almost daily, it was amazing.  I know a lot of projects have taken the easy way out with web wallets to make things easier to use, but they're centralized.  Putting account information directly on the blockchain... just bloats it (NEM I think?) and eventually, it'll be hard to retrieve.  Dash is doing it right.  Somehow, Evan et al have foreseen every issue, and come up with a solution to them.  The plan is there, the work has been going full on for over a year and a half, and when Dash Evolution comes out, people will be shaking their heads wondering where all this came from because they weren't paying attention Smiley  https://youtu.be/m2ou-WIxfLY?t=1m36s

agreed, if you buy dash everytime Icebutthurter post his fud here, you'll be millionaire by now.  Smiley

I guess we won't be waiting too long for a comment from Icebutthurter on this one Tongue
zirt

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:10:27 AM

Hi
Dash now at 230usd.
It's nice.
I bought around 8usd. I wonder if I should secure some.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:57:45 AM

Hi
Dash now at 230usd.
It's nice.

That really is a question only you can answer for yourself.

If you do not have a running masternode where the collateral of 1000 Dash needs to stay intact and you feel an urgent need to secure some
of your profits then you could convert a certain % of your funds (say 20%) into profit taking. If you do that you will also have to accept that
you could be missing out on a possibly higher total profit, when Dash Evolution hits mainnet in less then a year.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:17:15 AM

Only bitcoin and dash have updated the highs, other coins have rested against the ceiling

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 08:05:20 AM

I guess we won't be waiting too long for a comment from Icebutthurter on this one Tongue

Maybe not.  He might have got tired of FUDing Dash, and may even have bought in !

I know a couple of speculators who make a habit of Trolling the BBs of their own coins, on the theory that more Trolls make for a stronger price.
polemarhos888

Activity: 499

To The Moon !

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:24:17 PM

Good afternoon from Greece. I have bought a D3 miner from Bitmain before a few hours. Which is the best pool for Dash mining ?

Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:31:49 PM

same here. just ordered one D3 for november batch.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:24:19 PM

Bitcoin Cash Passes Early-August Bitcoin Transactions, Fees Remain Low

he Bitcoin Cash network is currently processing more transactions than Bitcoin did early August at exceptionally low fees, providing a vindication of the big-block scaling approach.

Bitcoin Cash, which forked off of the main Bitcoin chain at the beginning of the month, processed a high of 26,500 transactions the first week of August before tapering down to under 10,000 recently. This week, however, the transaction volume increased to briefly to 135,550 per 24 hours. This is more than the Bitcoin network handled on August 1st, which was 131,000 transactions. Bitcoin Cash was able to process this amount without any major congestion problems due to its 8mb blocks (compared to Bitcoin’s 1mb).
https://www.dashforcenews.com/bitcoin-cash-passes-early-august-bitcoin-transactions-fees-remain-low/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:25:02 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:33:42 PM by mprep

AnyPay.global a new Dash POS system

AnyPay is very easy to use.  Just sign up at the website and you can start accepting Dash payments.  It works on just about any device as you are using the website.  It is a very basic system to accept Dash by entering USD in the payment screen.

Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:59:50 PM

wonder why there is no link or the other reference to the Dash Electrum wallet on the Dash main site
and the onion site of Dash offers the link to rather outdated Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Installer.pkg

Are there plans to abandon the electrum in favor of Jaxx and Exodus  Huh

fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 07:34:27 PM

Antminer D3 is available on bitmain website, if anyone left out and want to buy, just thought of sharing this info

selling sushistake.com, send offers
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 07:37:53 PM

Oh those articles again!  Written so objectively by people who could have no possible agenda whatsoever  Roll Eyes

Thanks to user dnale0r for compiling much of this information in a very accessible manner and to Tone Vays and Riccardo Spagni for their discussions and helping to raise awareness about DASH’s origins.

Instead of regurgitating the same old trollero FUD, why don't you try doing your own research?  Oh, you're probably on payroll.... well I hope they're paying you enough to compensate for what you're missing out on by not buying Dash  Grin

You don't have the knowledge and intelligence required to rebut the factually verifiable claims in the Bitcoin Magazine articles.

So you deflect and wave your hands around, changing the subject to irrelevant side show distractions such as the identity of the author, conspiracy theories about a possible agenda, and lazy characterizations of the well-researched material as "regurgitation" and "FUD."

I've done my own research and can say Bitcoin Magazine articles are 100% correct.

But you'd rather shill with an appeal to FOMO than actually get your hands dirty discussing the content of the articles.

That's so typical of the Dash community.  Attack the messenger, ignore the message, and put yet another appeal to greed at the end.

Anything to prevent noobs from learning about Dash's massive Instamine, Howey Test results (Dash = illegal security), and centralized governance.  Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:29:25 PM

Its gotta hurt some of these trolls to see Dash rise like this again, knowing deep deep down inside this really is just the beginning ....

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
- Winston Churchill

In this case the truth is rather simple, Dash is doing extremely well.
Trolling, bashing, lying and cursing at Dash are all at this point in time merely a waste of time.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:39:35 PM

Totally agree, despite all those skeletons in the closet, Dash project has been governed pretty well.

If the project was started with ICO or any other form of crowdfunding (like eg Ethereum), nobody would complain now how the funds were used and what was achieved.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:47:07 PM

Totally agree, despite all those skeletons in the closet, Dash project has been governed pretty well.

If the project was started with ICO or any other form of crowdfunding (like eg Ethereum), nobody would complain now how the funds were used and what was achieved.

Amen, my crypto mentat friend.

zirt

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:08:55 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 11:23:41 PM by zirt

Hi
Dash now at 230usd.
It's nice.

That really is a question only you can answer for yourself.

If you do not have a running masternode where the collateral of 1000 Dash needs to stay intact and you feel an urgent need to secure some
of your profits then you could convert a certain % of your funds (say 20%) into profit taking. If you do that you will also have to accept that
you could be missing out on a possibly higher total profit, when Dash Evolution hits mainnet in less then a year.

Thks
I have about 50 dash so far from enough to run a masternode.
What I did is I set a trailing stop. So if it goes big up without too much retrace it will move my SL higher. And if it goes down i will take a nice profit.
Sure dash CAN/MAY go 300, 400, maybe more, but I need to take some profit.

edit : took profit at 247usd
Pages: « 1 ... 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 [6418] 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: