Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:58:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 [6431] 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722479 times)
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:34:40 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:36:10 PM by mprep

209,000 Credit Cards Compromised in Data Breach, Decentralized Digital Currency Needed

Equifax experienced a significant data breach resulting in 209,000 credit card numbers being compromised.

In one of the worst data breaches in recent history, Equifax, one of the three main US agencies reporting consumer credit information, was subjected to a major hack of their website, resulting in a loss of sensitive consumer data. This data included credit ratings, birth dates, addresses, and more, and may have affected 143 million customers. In addition, three major executives in the company sold shares worth around $1.8 million after the hack had been discovered but before it had gone public, after which the value of said shares tumbled.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:34:30 PM

Good luck trying to snoop in using masternodes
Good luck trying to get the dev-team consisting of individual members to use their masternodes collectively to snoop in, thereby damaging the value of the Dash they hold and getting voted out on salary as result.

I'm not satisfied by that answer. If the connection between the nodes is not encrypted, then somebody monitoring the communication between the nodes can easily decypher it.

So I'll ask again:

I have 1 question though. Is the communication between mixing nodes encrypted well? Like with TLS or things like that? Because if it isn't, then say hello to permanent transaction records:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

At which point, it's exactly the same problem as with Monero if the Monero blockchain is decrypted by QC.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:59:40 PM

DASHcoin is now already starting up again my prediction this month Dashcoin will go up and maybe that still have a lot of BTC balance there may be some of the balance will be bought in the dash
Just calm the traders may be a lot of yesterday's moon trapped, it could be next month we will get out of the trap.

Please note that this is the Dash thread.  "Dashcoin" is a different coin entirely, which currently ranks 418 on coinmarketcap. 

DASHcoin is now already starting up again my prediction this month Dashcoin will go up and maybe that still have a lot of BTC balance there may be some of the balance will be bought in the dash
Just calm the traders may be a lot of yesterday's moon trapped, it could be next month we will get out of the trap.

Dash = Digital Cash Grin

see what you DASH shills have done?(confusion)....its not just the name you stole..you stole the ticker symbol too which is "DSH"...using Dashcoin/Dash "DSH" ticker symbol here...

oh..shucks..............LOL!..suckers! ............"DSH" is Dashcoin/Dash ticker symbol again  Grin
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:10:29 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 04:21:53 PM by qwizzie

Good luck trying to snoop in using masternodes
Good luck trying to get the dev-team consisting of individual members to use their masternodes collectively to snoop in, thereby damaging the value of the Dash they hold and getting voted out on salary as result.

I'm not satisfied by that answer. If the connection between the nodes is not encrypted, then somebody monitoring the communication between the nodes can easily decypher it.

So I'll ask again:

I have 1 question though. Is the communication between mixing nodes encrypted well? Like with TLS or things like that? Because if it isn't, then say hello to permanent transaction records:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

At which point, it's exactly the same problem as with Monero if the Monero blockchain is decrypted by QC.

I would not be satisfied either if i was looking to discredit Dash and having just learned that owning 4 masternodes only gives you 0.000001226 % chance of snooping in on a 4 rounds mixed PrivateSend transaction  Roll Eyes
With regards to monitoring the communication between nodes leading to PrivateSend getting easily decypherable or not : why dont you give it a shot and see where it leads you ? You could be the very first person to decypher a PrivateSend transaction ....... you could get famous !!

edit : oh dear, i see arielbit is still emotionally tripping over any Dashcoin reference in this thread .. that cant be good for the bloodpressure of our little mermaid.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:33:31 PM

1 rank up, 1 rank to go .. poor Icey  Roll Eyes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:34:35 PM

nice to see my Dash instaminers/defenders friends again...i'll qoute this and I would like to see some good opinions on this...last time I posted this, you all are dumb-silent-hybrid of some sort...right qwizzie?

i know you folks had a nice vacation and stuff from the booming DASH scam profits..but still you have to work hard in defending from my inquiry on this person..

------snip------

digging from my dossiers i found this very interesting.. DASH - Love at first sight user accounts  [Looking Beyond the Hype]

we have this...starring..

Taylor05
Signup: January 19, 2014
Rating: Member

Xcoin/Darkcoin/DASH was launched January 18, 2014

based from the article http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/ryan-taylor-takes-dash-ceo-founder-evan-duffield/

Taylor has been a key contributor to Dash since mid-2014.

and look at Taylor05 posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=223053;sa=showPosts;start=240

Taylor05 indeed started posting with his love at first sight account in Darkcoin thread...July 13, 2014 = mid -2014  Grin

Ryan Taylor AKA Taylor05 is an Instaminer like Evan hahaha...  Grin

so there you go DASH turds out there...debunk this shit  Cool

gonna leave it here for a few days and wait for your replies
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:44:51 PM

sorry ariel, i would love to re-visit your "Dash-Love at first sight" thread and post some of my observations in there but it seems your thread is pretty much hanging on life support
and i fear any bump of that thread could end up killing it .....  Undecided

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:58:56 PM

sorry ariel, i would love to re-visit your "Dash-Love at first sight" thread and post some of my observations in there but it seems your thread is pretty much hanging on life support
and i fear any bump of that thread could end up killing it .....  Undecided

nice evasion tactics..seen those moves before...pass the torch buddy..bless you.

btw that thread's main purpose is "reference" not some unending argument table...using a 2015 reference thread, caught a "CEO" rat in 2017  Tongue
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:18:31 PM

The Scaling Ticking Time Bomb All Blockchain Currencies Must Face

Immutable and decentralized: worth it?

First, what does a distributed ledger do for transactions that current systems do not? It’s both decentralized and provides a permanent, immutable record of transactions. The immutable ledger means a whole lot of storage, and decentralized means there is no professional service tasked with maintaining this network. The combination of both factors makes this difficult. If we don’t care about decentralization, we can have a highly centralized service or few store the increasingly titanic blockchain of a Visa-level popular digital currency. If we don’t care about immutability, we can carry on as per usual, but regularly delete older transaction history. If we care about both, however, we have some challenges ahead, so we have to decide if it’s worth it. I personally think it is, because the magic combination of both factors is the entire reason I believe cryptocurrency is valuable to begin with.
https://www.dashforcenews.com/scaling-ticking-time-bomb-blockchain-currencies-must-face/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:58:28 PM

Yes and what is the probability that all 4 nodes are snooping? Remember the masternodes cost a lot of money to setup. And there are allegations that a lot of masternodes are controlled by the dev team.

So in this perspective the privacy of Dash relies solely on a tiny centralized group of masternodes. Which is bad.

Yes, and there are allegations that the world is flat and aliens control the Illuminati.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 07:10:05 PM

Yes and what is the probability that all 4 nodes are snooping? Remember the masternodes cost a lot of money to setup. And there are allegations that a lot of masternodes are controlled by the dev team.

So in this perspective the privacy of Dash relies solely on a tiny centralized group of masternodes. Which is bad.

Yes, and there are allegations that the world is flat and aliens control the Illuminati.

Isn't it hilarious how he starts off with it being a (completely discredited) "allegation" in one sentence and immediately declares it a fact in the very next? How desperate are these losers?

Monero has been traced, Dash has not. Dash has won, Monero has lost. Big time.

The humiliation can't be overstated because these idiots have been accusing Dash of bad privacy for years and then THEIR tech has been exposed as not anonymous. "Hypocrites" is too weak of a word.

"Fucking lying pieces of shit" is a little more like it.

Edit: Here's a little bonus for these cucks to suck on

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:00:43 PM

I am too technically incompetent and too stubborn to listen to my superiors.

Even worse, I lack the integrity admit when I was wrong and call those who were right "trolls."

So I make a big show of Ignoring people because it's easier than engaging in an honest discussion critical of Dash's alleged benefits.

Here's a very long list of reputable Bitcointalk posters who hurt my little feelings and made me salty.

*giant list of Bitcoin experts with far more knowledge and experience than bigrcanada*

Don't forget to add SolarMiner to your list of accused trolls.

He's stopped cheerleading, put down his pom-poms, and is telling the truth about Dash, which we all know is your sole criteria for determining troll vs not troll status.

Solarminer will be thrilled to see you promote his DashnDrinks site this way TheDashGuy / Mr. Troll ... well done.

I approve this thread.  No worries.  Nothing can be done with Dash N Drink or any Point of Sale idea with Dash until a mobile wallet can use InstantSend again.

Strange to see you support TheDashGuy (aka FeelTheBern) and his view of Dash as a scam this way and at the same time being active in a Dash selling product.
From a business point of view that does not make much sense to me.

Good luck with DashnDrinks, i hope it all works out for you in the end.
Just to be clear, I currently have no businesses accepting Dash or businesses selling anything Dash related. 

Dash is too risky to mess with right now. 

Coinfirm is tracking every transaction(very easy with so few everyday) the government can easily implement retroactive legislation to cause problems.  It is also very likely masternodes will be tracked to their IP and public address making them big targets.  I just don't see any of this ending well for Dash.

That is besides the fact that Dash has no advantage over Litecoin right now without InstantSend.   Sure it has pretty masternodes and a pretty core controlled budget system and maybe some hope for a fancy Evolution of Paypal in 2018.   With so very few transactions, there is more anonymity just by using a coin with more transactions.  And Litecoin has wallets on the app store so Apple users can actually use it, along with lightning months away.  There are many other coins that are actually developing new ideas - not trying to copy the banking system.

PS This is hilarious:

Hey Qwizzie, click DashnDrink.com, go ahead. Tard.

*clicks*

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

InstandSend #REKT like IPv6!

Now this post *has* aged well.

LOL REKT

Charlie was spot on with the "Marketing over Tech".

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:27:39 PM

LOL Icey, yes, it's true!  Dash is fixing a bug while LTC is deliberately installing bugs  Cheesy
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:43:05 AM

Real soon ...  Grin

Number of active masternodes over time :

Summary of active masternodes by location (Top 10) :

Bitzure

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 07:33:51 AM

Hi everyone!

We are a bit behind the times, but Dash has been added to Bitzure!
Bitzure is a new exchange made by traders for the traders and are actively looking at new digital currencies to add!

https://bitzure.com/markets/dashbtc

Quick Links:

Hi all!

We would just like to pop by and thank you to the 1000+ traders that have signed up in the last 2 weeks of Bitzure being launched! We have had a lot of feedback, fixed some bugs and lots of suggestions.

We still want to hear from you all though!

Nothing is perfect, but we would like Bitzure to be as close to it as possible, so whether you have suggestions, want another currency added, complaints, or just want a friendly chat please let us know!

Regards,
Martin
bek77

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:26:28 AM

LOL Icey, yes, it's true!  Dash is fixing a bug while LTC is deliberately installing bugs  Cheesy

why?
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:57:24 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:36:05 PM by mprep

Previously Reviewed Project Proposals

As the “Dash Force News Treasury Review Writer and Head DFN Researcher” I feel obligated to provide both the good and “less good” about the proposals I review. In the “Dash Nation” spirit I always try to do it in a respectful manner.  

I can never “really” know what is going on with a team / project or why something is not finished but I can document when things go past the original (or updated) timelines. So if you are the owner of one of these projects know that I am not picking on you.  

pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:21:01 PM

DashTV is back to its original URL + mirror URL:
https://dash-news.de/dashtv/
https://m1.dash-news.de/dashtv/ (mirror 1)
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:40:58 PM

DashTV is back to its original URL + mirror URL:
https://dash-news.de/dashtv/
https://m1.dash-news.de/dashtv/ (mirror 1)

Yeah, i just noticed it .. thanks.

li03

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:42:58 PM

Just saw the DASH ranking on marketcap, very good, from last year to hold, harvest full, about 10 times earnings
Pages: « 1 ... 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 [6431] 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: