Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:16:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 [6433] 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722480 times)
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:28:01 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:35:36 PM by mprep

BlockSci Paper Highlights Blockchain Traceability Issues, Potential Future Risks for Dash

A research paper associated with the BlockSci blockchain analysis tool underscores the vulnerabilities of certain cryptocurrencies to analysis, including some theoretical attack vectors for Dash’s PrivateSend.

The paper, titled BlockSci: Design and applications of a blockchain analysis platform and written by Princeton University professors Harry Kalodner, Steven Goldfeder, Malte Möser, and Arvind Narayanan, and Johns Hopkins University professor Alishah Chator, covers applications for BlockSci, a new open-source blockchain analysis tool:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:06:19 PM

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 09:30:27 PM

Are there any plans to re-enable instant send?

Did you read the actual announcement or just the FUD the trolls have spread which contains only a screenshot to rip it out of context?

Why wouldn't it be re-enabled?

Quote from: Andy Freer
As 12.2 release is imminent, our intention is to include the fix as part of the 12.2 release process, which is estimated within the next few weeks, instead of releasing a hotfix immediately, to minimize the disruption in the coming network upgrade.

The biggest joke of that whole affair is how trolls said it would make the price crash lol. Pathetic. Tongue

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 10:57:57 PM

Are there any plans to re-enable instant send?  Grin  Grin  Grin

There are no solid plans to re-enable instant send.

That is all that matters.

Don't trust any third party who tell you there is a Top Secret plan or other hand-wavey nonsense.

The only purported "plan" to fix the limitless liability of malevolent Masternode collusion creating corrupt quora is 100% pure vaporware.

This so-called "plan" has yet to see the light of day, much less pass peer review required for theoretical and implementation soundness.

This is SOP for Dash; Evolution is supposedly sooo much better than Lightning but it is also just a rumor.

Here on Planet Bitcoin, code talks and bullshit walks.  Don't give Evan and Ryan's HYIP scam any money.

Without InstantSend, Dash is *not* digital cash.  It's just a centralized, fraudulently InstantMined scam that triggers the SEC's Howey Test and thus shall reap the regulatory banhammer.

In no legitimate crypto is this kind of naked hyping and baseless pumping acceptable:

Comparing things that actually exist and work like RingCT and Lightning to things that don't exist/work yet like Evolution and InstandSend is called the

Nirvana  fallacy.

The nirvana fallacy is the informal fallacy of comparing actual things with unrealistic, idealized alternatives.[1] It can also refer to the tendency to assume that there is a perfect solution to a particular problem. A closely related concept is the perfect solution fallacy.

By creating a false dichotomy that presents one option which is obviously advantageous—while at the same time being completely implausible—a person using the nirvana fallacy can attack any opposing idea because it is imperfect. Under this fallacy, the choice is not between real world solutions; it is, rather, a choice between one realistic achievable possibility and another unrealistic solution that could in some way be "better".

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:15:24 PM

Interesting pull request : https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pulls

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:40:07 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 05:10:40 AM by qwizzie

http sites are not-secured websites, they can lead to malware infested sites. Do not click on them !!
https sites are secured websites.

Above post from ron7856 looks therefore very fishy, also because Dash does not release online miners itself (so far i know) and the link leads straight to a rar file..

Update : post from ron7856 has been deleted, I will leave my post as a reminder to be careful with clicking on links in posts.

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:10:40 AM

Wasting your time and energy as usual.

Someone put you into a game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOVhg5cV30

You will get more value out for yourself playing this game than posting here. Smiley
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:37:13 AM

Monero vs. Dash

I have completed my analysis on Dash and Monero on the privacy aspect, basically the 2 only currencies that are even worth analysing, the others are really not even worth my time.

I have wrote this lengthy, but throrough article about the subject, the Dash community might find it interesting:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@profitgenerator/dash-vs-monero

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 11:42:18 AM

Dash organizes it’s funding and development through Dash Central (totally not centralized of course). It’s really ridiculous how centralized it is, the way the developers are paid and the funds go directly to central authorities, it makes Dash look like a Corporation basically.

No funds are sent to any "central authority" and development and funding are not "organized" through dashcentral (which is just a name).  You didn't understand the most basic elements of Dash's decentralized governance system and didn't even realize that each proposal (including those from the Core Team) has to be approved by the Masternode network first. The rest of your "analysis" is nothing but butthurt, ripping out of context and omitting the actual answers that you got by only partially quoting people, hence not even worth wasting a single key stroke on.

Thanks for confirming you're not only a troll but also a complete fucking moron.

profitgenerator212

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:50:27 AM

Dash organizes it’s funding and development through Dash Central (totally not centralized of course). It’s really ridiculous how centralized it is, the way the developers are paid and the funds go directly to central authorities, it makes Dash look like a Corporation basically.

No funds are sent to any "central authority" and development and funding are not "organized" through dashcentral (which is just a name).  You didn't understand the most basic elements of Dash's decentralized governance system and didn't even realize that each proposal (including those from the Core Team) has to be approved by the Masternode network first. The rest of your "analysis" is nothing but butthurt, ripping out of context and omitting the actual answers that you got by only partially quoting people, hence not even worth wasting a single key stroke on.

Thanks for confirming you're not only a troll but also a complete fucking moron.

No I have referred the central authority to the fact that the money is sent to central authorities, like 1 dev team, the masternodes of course, and different "authorities" while the possibility of newbies joining is limited. It does imply centralization. And yes the website is kind of centralized too, I believe it's connected directly to Dash's "treasury", so it is centralized.

ripping out of context and omitting the actual answers

I have done nothin like that, I have only removed the irrelevant parts of the quote like the multiquotes and some links which are meaningless. The quote would have been too long for my readers to read.

Well this kind of hospitality of yours exactly proves my point  Cheesy

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:56:56 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:35:29 PM by mprep

4 Hurdles to Overcome Before Dash Is “Digital Cash”

Since the creation of Bitcoin, cryptocurrency has expanded far beyond Satoshi’s original vision of a decentralized peer-to-peer electronic cash system. Especially with the advent of Ethereum, we see blockchain technology being applied to practically every business case, whether it makes sense or not. With each industry that blockchain technology enters, it will face challenges unique to that industry, whether they be technical, legal, or cultural.

Dash, of course, is laser-focused on becoming “digital cash,” i.e. fulfilling Satoshi’s original vision as outlined in the original Bitcoin white paper. Bitcoin itself is apparently abandoning that goal, and Bitcoin Cash is just getting started, which means that Dash—with its InstantSend and PrivateSend features—is strongly positioned to dominate that market in the long term. However, that doesn’t mean there won’t be significant hurdles to overcome. Here are four of the most notable challenges.

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:34:57 PM

Monero vs. Dash

I have completed my analysis on Dash and Monero on the privacy aspect, basically the 2 only currencies that are even worth analysing, the others are really not even worth my time.

I have wrote this lengthy, but throrough article about the subject, the Dash community might find it interesting:

Code:
While Peter is a good reputable person from the Bitcoin Core 
while Dash is a snake-oil

Roll Eyes Hello Peter.

You may have and express your opinions.

Code:
Besides the probability of breaking cryptonote is very slim even with QC, I have researched it.

No clue how you researched that and came to that conclusion (you didn't provide any reference) but if you are realy interested in a best privacy then you should make a more serious reasearch in that subject. QC is far more advanced already today than what most ppl do realize.

You may see Mixing as technical inferior and from a crypto technical standpoint it certainly is however the mixing has the clear advantage that you will not be able to break it in afterward ever because it is not a technical fancy encryption on the open block chain for all enternity where you can put QC and whatever else we will see in the future on it later to crack it.

I agree somewhat with you that the MC communication best should be encrypted.
I myself am not even useing DASH privacy features. Not because I don't trust it but because so far it was of no real use to me.
Dash is meanr to become digital cash. The private Send is just a usable addition

Monero on the other hand has the privacy as the only feature and reason for existing. It has it uses.
But honestly I don't understand why ppl always try to reduce Dash to it's PrivateSend mixing feature so they can compare it with something that only offers that feature and nothing more and than somewhat conclude..oh monero is better.

Dash and monero do not play on the same crypto currency level. monero has it's limited use for the one privacy it has.
Dash aims to become an all user all day digital cash.

Seeing moneroens trying to fight dash all years is something very strange to observe. Monero is no alternative to Dash except you limit yourself to the one privacy feature and even on that one be carefully about what you think is safe thing. Truely research it or you will be in for a surprise in the future. You know what happend with moneroes past private transaction.
Because of a mistake or not..you see how dangerous this permanet in blcokchain thing is if it comes to privacy.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:13:08 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 05:41:17 PM by qwizzie

Monero vs. Dash

you are correct that you wrote a lengthy article, unfortunetely that lengthy article is thoroughly lacking :

* objectivity (a clear bias towards Monero is detectable throughout the article)
* knowledge about Dash, its privacy technology and the inner workings of its budget and governance system (creating a thread on Dashtalk and spending some time on Dash's testnet would have helped a lot i suspect)
* understanding that a good analysis consists of more then just copy & pasting comments from Bitcointalk forum to Steemit (frankly that is just lazy article writing)

Having said all that, i do want to congratulate you on the $5.61 that you raised on Steemit with your article.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:19:33 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:35:24 PM by mprep

Dash Copay Multisig Wallet, First Step of Evolution, Heads to Alpha Testing

The Dash version of the Copay wallet, the base for the Evolution wallet, has entered its alpha testings phase.

Copay is a multisignature (multisig) Bitcoin wallet designed by BitPay that allows users to set up joint accounts and put funds in control of multiple parties. The Dash Evolution team is working on a Dash version of this wallet, titled Dashpay, as a base for the Evolution upgrade, which will give a clean user-friendly experience and allow some advanced functions such as joint accounts, savings accounts, private cash accounts, recurring payments, and more.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:25:08 PM

Dash Copay Multisig Wallet, First Step of Evolution, Heads to Alpha Testing

The Dash version of the Copay wallet, the base for the Evolution wallet, has entered its alpha testings phase.

Copay is a multisignature (multisig) Bitcoin wallet designed by BitPay that allows users to set up joint accounts and put funds in control of multiple parties. The Dash Evolution team is working on a Dash version of this wallet, titled Dashpay, as a base for the Evolution upgrade, which will give a clean user-friendly experience and allow some advanced functions such as joint accounts, savings accounts, private cash accounts, recurring payments, and more.

Initial milestones for Evolution have begun to be hit
With the initial testing of the Dashpay wallet, the first stages of Evolution’s are starting to see the light. Over the course of the rest of the year, the alpha of Evolution will be released to partners for additional testing. According to the roadmap, Evolution will see a livenet release in February, with a mainnet public release in June. The Evolution upgrade will be a multi-stage, multi-year process to support millions of users around the world.

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:34:45 PM

Monero vs. Dash

I agreed with the article as far as zcash and bitcoin were concerned but struggled to go far into the Dash assessment and didn't reach the Monero part. Your 'research' entailed a chat with someone on this thread. That is no research at all. Frankly I have better things to do with my time. Maybe if I had persisted and managed to read more I might have found some real research, I'll never know. But I do know that noone has yet broken Dash coin mixing, as far as I know there is a significant bounty for someone who does.

Like you I also tried Dash and Monero when I first got interested in anonymity. My experiences with Monero were extremely disappointing and I feel I gave it much more than a fair shot. The full  node was flaky and I couldn't run it. There was not even a graphical wallet, only a website. Dash versus Monero is no contest. I have concluded that Monero offers nothing for me. This is in total contrast to my experience of Dash.
profitgenerator212

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:45:12 PM

No clue how you researched that and came to that conclusion (you didn't provide any reference) but if you are realy interested in a best privacy then you should make a more serious reasearch in that subject. QC is far more advanced already today than what most ppl do realize.

You may see Mixing as technical inferior and from a crypto technical standpoint it certainly is however the mixing has the clear advantage that you will not be able to break it in afterward ever because it is not a technical fancy encryption on the open block chain for all enternity where you can put QC and whatever else we will see in the future on it later to crack it.

I myself am not even useing DASH privacy features. Not because I don't trust it but because so far it was of no real use to me.
Dash is meanr to become digital cash. The private Send is just a usable addition

Monero on the other hand has the privacy as the only feature and reason for existing. It has it uses.
But honestly I don't understand why ppl always try to reduce Dash to it's PrivateSend mixing feature so they can compare it with something that only offers that feature and nothing more and than somewhat conclude..oh monero is better.

Dash and monero do not play on the same crypto currency level. monero has it's limited use for the one privacy it has.

Seeing moneroens trying to fight dash all years is something very strange to observe. Monero is no alternative to Dash except you limit yourself to the one privacy feature and even on that one be carefully about what you think is safe thing. Truely research it or you will be in for a surprise in the future. You know what happend with moneroes past private transaction.
Because of a mistake or not..you see how dangerous this permanet in blcokchain thing is if it comes to privacy.

Look I have said multiple times that Dash does have it's own value, it's just that from a privacy standpoint it's not good, and advertising Dash as a private currency is pretty dishonest in my opinion.

It does have some good scaling system, and it might be even better than Bitcoin. But it has the same privacy problems as any other 1.0 type currency. So on that level I think Monero is better, that's all I said in the article.

Regarding the QC things. I think a lot of them are scaremongerings. Even the DWAVE or what was it's name. That is a total nonsense, it's not even a quantum computer, it's only as quick as a supercomputer in some cases even slower....

I believe the most q-bits that they have successfully put together was like 4 bits which is nowhere near operational, the claims about 64 qbits and 128 qbits are all snake oils.

However even then certain encryption algorihms to my understanding are unbreakable even with quantum computers because only certain operations are vulnerable.

So all this QC scaremingering is nonsense. Monero's encryption is probably not vulnerable to any kind of quantum computing that they can invent in the near future, so I don't worry about that.

you are correct that you wrote a lengthy article, unfortunetely that lengthy article is thoroughly lacking :

* objectivity (a clear bias towards Monero is detectable throughout the article)
* knowledge about Dash, its privacy technology and the inner workings of its budget and governance system (creating a thread on Dashtalk and spending some time on Dash's testnet would have helped a lot i suspect)
* understanding that a good analysis consists of more then just copy & pasting comments from Bitcointalk forum to Steemit (frankly that is just lazy article writing)

Having said all that, i do want to congratulate you on the $5.61 that you raised on Steemit with your article.

Maybe I would have been kess biased if I would have not received that treatment from the community.

That being said, again I am not saying that Dash is worthless, it has it's value, obviously, you can see the price.

But I am just criticizing it's privacy technology, which is very weak in my opinion.

I agreed with the article as far as zcash and bitcoin were concerned but struggled to go far into the Dash assessment and didn't reach the Monero part. Your 'research' entailed a chat with someone on this thread. That is no research at all. Frankly I have better things to do with my time. Maybe if I had persisted and managed to read more I might have found some real research, I'll never know. But I do know that noone has yet broken Dash coin mixing, as far as I know there is a significant bounty for someone who does.

Like you I also tried Dash and Monero when I first got interested in anonymity. My experiences with Monero were extremely disappointing and I feel I gave it much more than a fair shot. The full  node was flaky and I couldn't run it. There was not even a graphical wallet, only a website. Dash versus Monero is no contest. I have concluded that Monero offers nothing for me. This is in total contrast to my experience of Dash.

No I have done my research separately, I have read topics on stackexchange about some of the encryption system, and read the wikis too. I didn't want it to be too technical. I just pointed out my view on it.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 10:12:51 PM

Look I have said multiple times that Dash does have it's own value, it's just that from a privacy standpoint it's not good, and advertising Dash as a private currency is pretty dishonest in my opinion.

It does have some good scaling system, and it might be even better than Bitcoin. But it has the same privacy problems as any other 1.0 type currency. So on that level I think Monero is better, that's all I said in the article.

Regarding the QC things. I think a lot of them are scaremongerings. Even the DWAVE or what was it's name. That is a total nonsense, it's not even a quantum computer, it's only as quick as a supercomputer in some cases even slower....

I believe the most q-bits that they have successfully put together was like 4 bits which is nowhere near operational, the claims about 64 qbits and 128 qbits are all snake oils.

However even then certain encryption algorihms to my understanding are unbreakable even with quantum computers because only certain operations are vulnerable.

So all this QC scaremingering is nonsense. Monero's encryption is probably not vulnerable to any kind of quantum computing that they can invent in the near future, so I don't worry about that.

Maybe I would have been kess biased if I would have not received that treatment from the community.

That being said, again I am not saying that Dash is worthless, it has it's value, obviously, you can see the price.

But I am just criticizing it's privacy technology, which is very weak in my opinion.

Like you I also tried Dash and Monero when I first got interested in anonymity. My experiences with Monero were extremely disappointing and I feel I gave it much more than a fair shot. The full  node was flaky and I couldn't run it. There was not even a graphical wallet, only a website. Dash versus Monero is no contest. I have concluded that Monero offers nothing for me. This is in total contrast to my experience of Dash.

No I have done my research separately, I have read topics on stackexchange about some of the encryption system, and read the wikis too. I didn't want it to be too technical. I just pointed out my view on it.

Not sure about all this talk about our "privacy" being dishonest other then you have obviously not researched this properly.   We've had a healthy bounty out for over 2 years for someone or group to break our privacy!  It has not been done.  Mean while....Moneros has been.  So your point?!?  

Also if you had done your "research" ... you would have been informed that we have now hired and funded a "hacking" firm to stress test and find bugs and weaknesses in our code.  Did you know that?!?  We all know there is always room for improvement in ALL coins.  I'm sure we can agree on that.

Please spare us this poorly researched biased report masked as a lame attempt at vailed fud.

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 10:13:41 PM

Well, crack it and claim the bounty. Should be simple really.

rupeeteam

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:14:59 AM

Monero vs. Dash

Dash is much better
Pages: « 1 ... 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 [6433] 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: